• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xuPEV.gif

Can I not get matched up with quitters!?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn Plywood, I mean I get griefed for taking the sniper the 1 out of every 20 games I do, but not as often as you. Sniper-elitists or whatever you call those retardeded players who can only use a sniper in FPSs annoy the shit out of me. Worse though is definately quitters. Especially in Multi-team. Though if you win, that win is all the sweeter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
enzo_gt said:
Damn Plywood, I mean I get griefed for taking the sniper the 1 out of every 20 games I do, but not as often as you. Sniper-elitists or whatever you call those retardeded players who can only use a sniper in FPSs annoy the shit out of me. Worse though is definately quitters. Especially in Multi-team. Though if you win, that win is all the sweeter.
I swear it's like my gamertag just attracts griefers, I think out of all of HaloGAF I've had the worst experience playing this game. :/

The only way I have a good or normal time is if I'm playing with friends, it's like I can't even go in by myself anymore.

Cetra

Just started finishing up my Solo Legendary run. New Alexandria is such shit mission, on Legendary at least. Which is the only I've played since the beginning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Plywood said:
I swear it's like my gamertag just attracts griefers, I think out of all of HaloGAF I've had the worst experience playing this game. :/

The only way I have a good or normal time is if I'm playing with friends, it's like I can't even go in by myself anymore.
What playlists do you normally play in?
II CETRA II said:
Just started finishing up my Solo Legendary run. New Alexandria is such shit mission, on Legendary at least. Which is the only I've played since the beginning.
On my first heroic run, I was unaware I didn't HAVE TO kill all the hunters. needless to say, I was pissed the fuck off when I ran out of ammo 20 minutes in..

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
enzo_gt said:
What playlists do you normally play in?

On my first heroic run, I was unaware I didn't HAVE TO kill all the hunters. needless to say, I was pissed the fuck off when I ran out of ammo 20 minutes in..
I bounce around the following alot: Team Snipers, Swat, Objective and BTB.

I mostly get quitters in Objective or BTB.

feel

the cage sucks

Ramirez said:
He forgot Colonnade, no one is perfect.
that was mean :lol :lol

Domino Theory said:
All I care about are my Pistol stats:

Kills: 2,190
Deaths: 425

5.15 K/D

<3
Would be supercool if instead of the times you got killed by said weapon, the bnet tracked how many times you got killed while trying to use it to stay alive and kill the opponent. Now that would be a proper k/d ratio for weapons. Probably too hard and with too many variables to track accurately though.

Oozer3993

I'm the only person on my friends list who hasn't reached Lieutenant Colonel yet :( I blame my sudden obsession with Madden 09's Madden Moments (marching right down the field to shock the Pats in the Super Bowl is just too fun).

Hey You

Oozer3993 said:
I'm the only person on my friends list who hasn't reached Lieutenant Colonel yet :( I blame my sudden obsession with Madden 09's Madden Moments (marching right down the field to shock the Pats in the Super Bowl is just too fun).
Well technically you aren't on your friends list.

Better?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Self my bad, I didn't see your message until just now. I forgot that I left my Xbox on for like 5 hours :lol

Raide

Shootin' and Lootin' 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Great Friend 900cR
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Orbital Assists 750cR
Kill 20 enemies using the Target Designator in Firefight Matchmaking.

Cook 'em, Clean 'em! 300cR
Kill 5 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking while you're jet-packing.

Raide said:
Shootin' and Lootin' 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Great Friend 900cR
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Orbital Assists 750cR
Kill 20 enemies using the Target Designator in Firefight Matchmaking.

Cook 'em, Clean 'em! 300cR
Kill 5 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking while you're jet-packing.

Sadly only two of those appeal to me. The Target Designator one is always a mess and changing up my playstyle with a jetpack for 300 points is not worth it. I probably would earn less credits overall by playing worse. :lol

enzo_gt said:
Does gruntpocalypse on Waterfront count as on Heroic difficulty? Why doesn't Bungie make this shit clear?
Speaking of Waterfront, I have found a new love for that map in Score Attack. I had no idea how huge that map is, and it's hilarious to make the last few Grunts chase you down.

Also wanted to point out to the folks who play Score Attack to take your time and let the timer run down to as close to the 15 minute mark as you can. You're awarded more credits the longer you play the game, and there's no time bonus for completing Score Attack early. The campaign of the last three games have awarded you with a time bonus if you finish under a certain amount of time, and I'd love to see something like that implemented in Score Attack.

This is just my guess: Many of you read the news about the Gears Of War Kinect thing. According IGN.com Microsoft will announce more titles at this Spike VGA's. I dont know but maybe we will see a Halo Reach singleplayer DLC trailer? I really hope it because a new Halo title would be too early and a dlc, like other people had said already before me, would be perfect for 343i to show if they could handle the Halo franchise in video game form.

Hypertrooper said:
This is just my guess: Many of you read the news about the Gears Of War Kinect thing. According IGN.com Microsoft will announce more titles at this Spike VGA's. I dont know but maybe we will see a Halo Reach singleplayer DLC trailer? I really hope it because a new Halo title would be too early and a dlc, like other people had said already before me, would be perfect for 343i to show if they could handle the Halo franchise in video game form.
No, I don't think that'll happen.
The saturation/tiredness on Halo is a tad too high at this point, 343'll hit heavy in 2012/2013.

Zeouterlimits said:
No, I don't think that'll happen.
The saturation/tiredness on Halo is a tad too high at this point, 343'll hit heavy in 2012/2013.

This. Maybe even E3 2011, MAYBE.

Microsoft generally likes to have its limelight fall on one major initiative at a time. You can be sure a lot of 2011 will be spent on Gears, and I'd bet that they'll use the VGA's next month to premiere core Kinect games, but probably not much else.

chess

Domino Theory said:
All I care about are my Pistol stats:

Kills: 2,190
Deaths: 425

5.15 K/D

<3

I put my focus back on my pistol last night and was 46-2 with it for the night. Now over 5.36kdr just in competitive. It actually pulled me back out of the crap play Reach sucked me into and my KDR for the night was around 2. I may have found my own little mini halo world back.

More likely, I was just playing worse opponents over and over.

electricpirate said:
The cage works for 2 v 2 but man does it fall apart for 4 v 4. It sucks for objectives too, oddball is just a jump off the map fest.

At this point I find that most of my relatively few complaints about Reach are related to maps being used for game types that they are not suited for. The Cage is actually kind of fun in 2 v 2. Similarly, most of the maps that I have problems with in Team Slayer I actually enjoy in Multi Team. If Multi Team was dropped down to 4 teams of two then I would probably not have any problems with that playlist whatsoever.

Reach is great and if it sees as much improvement in the next few months as Halo 3 did during its first 6-12 months it will likely be my most played game on the 360. Then again I don't have the fundamental hatred of Armor Lock that everyone else here does.

The green spartans in the invasion playlist image is such a tease. =(

I miss the beta colours for Invasion. It helped it stand out as a non standard RvB style playlist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RdN said:
Argh! My connection just dropped! There goes my "dream"of getting a big bonus. :(
Is that what the circumstance is to get the big bonus? :(

And can't Bungie tell the difference between connection drops and you forcefully removing your ethernet, anyways?

Hey You

enzo_gt said:

And can't Bungie tell the difference between connection drops and you forcefully removing your ethernet, anyways?
I don't see how they could.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey You said:
I don't see how they could.
This is how they distinguished between banning network manipulators and legit people who's connection dropped. My connection dropped all the time and I never got banned, and Bungie always continued to reinforce that Network Manipulators: "We know who you are."

RdN

enzo_gt said:

Well, I don't know. Bungie has been very secretive about the details of the slot machine.. can't understand why.

Now, they say they can detect when somebody pull the plug for resetting challenges over a connection drop for exemple.. then I'd be simple to detect when not to reset the slot machine bonus.

Hey You

enzo_gt said:
This is how they distinguished between banning network manipulators and legit people who's connection dropped. My connection dropped all the time and I never got banned, and Bungie always continued to reinforce that Network Manipulators: "We know who you are."
Really?

Does you connection drop constantly? Like multiple times a day or just once or twice a week?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ShinAmano said:
So I played with This Guy last night...um I did not know you could be this high yet.

Holy fuck. He's got about 27 days of playtime clocked. The game has been about for about 60 days right? HOLY FUCK.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tashi0106 said:
Holy fuck. He's got about 27 days of playtime clocked. The game has been about for about 60 days right? HOLY FUCK.
He still doesn't have shit on the King of Reach.

Hey You said:
Really?

Does you connection drop constantly? Like multiple times a day or just once or twice a week?
Once in say 2 weeks now, but used to be rampant and made online pretty much unplayable in early Halo 3 days. Needless to say I never got banned but had like -60xp from dropping out of games. I remember a Bungie employee commenting on the fact that they can tell the difference too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom