• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I don't think there's much to worry about.

Halo 4 will be hyped to the moon. It will be breaking records as fans anticipate the return of the Chief and the marketing muscle behind it will make small developers weep.

MMaRsu

Zel3 said:
Only 117,947 players online right. Didn't Halo 3 have more players than this years after release?

Black Ops is eating away at Reach players and this isn't a numbered installment.

Reach has more players than that. It's 3:43 AM on a weekday ( where I am at least ) so all European players are off to bed. And so should I :)

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
From the NPD thread:

New! 06. Halo: Reach **(360) MICROSOFT - 315K

Under-performing Halo 3 by a good margin, which had 434k in September 2007.

well i know i've switched over to assassin's creed so bye halo

lmao no. but AC does have really good MP and it would be cool to play with some of you folks :3

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
neoism said:
Damn man... :( I've had games like that on that map, but for the most part, I'm just really lucky, and rarely die. I just always do good on Hermmorhage for some reason. :/ It isn't really a great map, I just do sooo well on it, It's become my favorite... along with the sniper ;). :p
Also what GT are you using...? I won't quit on you <3
Hey man, I got you on my Xenolock account. We definitely have to hit up that BTB sometiime. <3
MMaRsu said:
Play with me ^^
Add me~

MrDaravon

enzo_gt said:
So, Target Designator available in any Score attack modes? Firefight presumably or is there no ordnance?

Nope, Firefight Matchmaking only, which leads to bad behavior every single time this Challenge comes up :/.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SailorDaravon said:
Nope, Firefight Matchmaking only, which leads to bad behavior every single time this Challenge comes up :/.
I think I'll pass on this challenge. Really, if people begin to become even worse dicks than before, and usually quit out like the last time the target locator challenge was up, it's not worth the 750 cr to me.

Hey You

enzo_gt said:
I think I'll pass on this challenge. Really, if people begin to become even worse dicks than before, and usually quit out like the last time the target locator challenge was up, it's not worth the 750 cr to me.
Sitting through 30 minutes of Firefight isn't worth it to me.

Ugh, really disappointed the weekly challenge doesn't declare you a "winner" if you placed in the top half in FFA. Another weekly challenge not implemented well, getting sick of it.

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
It will be interesting to see how things shake out once the Live activity charts start coming out again.

Why haven't they been coming out? The only reason I could think of was that Reach wasn't even beating MW2. Reach had like 85K on last night around 1 EST, that seems extremely low to me, even for a weekday.

Placing in the top half of a FFA shouldn't net you a win, placing 1st should. Why not just hand out wins to the top 7, just leave one guy out in the cold. :lol

feel

The hiring of Juices is the only thing that could save Reach from falling further at this point.

And someone from the US who doesn't give a shit about xbl avatar stuff, preorder the map pack at a gamestop and hook me up with the flaming helmet code. I want to display that thing on Kinect Sports online while I make inappropriate gestures.

Not gonna lie, despite hating both MW and MW2, Black Ops is pure awesome and has taken me away from Halo. Well and that I hate Reach's MP with a passion as I think it sucks right now as it is. But I do still hop on every day to get some FF or campaign challenges done, that's where the fun is for me. FF and campaign are so good! MP sucks.

Grimm Fandango said:
Another weekly challenge not implemented well, getting sick of it.

The challenge seems aimed at getting people to work together to win as a team for an entire week. Seems like a very well implemented challenge. So far it's my favorite.

Dirtbag

Man this game's MP isn't aging well for me in the gameplay department.
Armor lock has completely driven me over the edge of enjoyment. It's a terrible addition, absolute trash. Sometimes I find myself clicking with the pace of the game, but most of the time I'm fighting with it. It's just so inconsistent with all the different abilities and bloom, etc.
Some days I feel like a god, others a grunt. There doesn't seem to be any identifiable pattern for me either. Vehicle combat really feels stale and is dead to me. I don't know what happened but it just totally lost it's luster in reach. I'm a growing skeptic of a game I really loved at first.

IMG_1206.jpg

Having friends over and playing Halo is awesome. :D

GhaleonEB

So I try multiplayer for the first time in weeks and get lagged out of a match during an epic host migration. I'm guessing that counts as a quit for the purposes of the mega-jackpot. Yay.

Won't be back to multiplayer until Mythic hits. I haven't had a pleasant experience in it once.

On the plus side, I just did a Firefight game where everyone else lagged out, so it was me solo for the last 25 minutes. Ended up with nearly 5k cR for it, all told. I could get used to that.

Ramirez

Striker said:
If Halo 3 survives on barely noticeably playlist changes, I'm sure Reach will suffice.

The gameplay of 3 was good enough to carry it even through the abysmal playlists, I'm not sure I can say the same for this one.

Like right now there's 60K people on, I could be having a bad memory but just a few months ago Halo 3's Social Slayer usually had 50K+ on at any time.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Ramirez said:
The gameplay of 3 was good enough to carry it even through the abysmal playlists, I'm not sure I can say the same for this one.

Like right now there's 60K people on, I could be having a bad memory but just a few months ago Halo 3's Social Slayer usually had 50K+ on at any time.

I thought Reachs player count numbers are real time while Halo 3s were how many people were on in a 24 hr span.

Striker

Ramirez said:

I think the population is bugged. I mean it also had near 1.3M games within the past day.

His post was more referred to the playlist updates, as least that's how I took it. The game getting updated is giving me life to play it, whereas that never happened for me in 3. And we haven't had one DLC arrival yet. Would love for some Forge World variants added in, and something made by the community and where others, like us, can take a good look at it. Cliffhanger is balls, not sure how that's in there outside simply a guy from Bungie created it (see Smashed from Halo 3). Atom seems okay in the limited experience I've been in it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ramirez said:

Halo...it's finished.

Striker

Tashi0106 said:
The Cage needs to be locked away forever
I was checking your stream during the matches at Zealot, Countdown, and that last one.

The spawns are an absolute joke. As I said the other day, just put it in a bin with the other trash like Isolation and Epitaph, and forget it ever existed. Bring in Warlock/Wizard or the Lockout variants and replace The Cage. PLZ!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:
The hiring of Juices is the only thing that could save Reach from falling further at this point.

And someone from the US who doesn't give a shit about xbl avatar stuff, preorder the map pack at a gamestop and hook me up with the flaming helmet code. I want to display that thing on Kinect Sports online while I make inappropriate gestures.

I'll have 15 flaming helmet avatar codes to give away when GameStop gets their shit together and sends them to me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Striker said:
I was checking your stream during the matches at Zealot, Countdown, and that last one.

The spawns are an absolute joke. As I said the other day, just put it in a bin with the other trash like Isolation and Epitaph, and forget it ever existed. Bring in Warlock/Wizard or the Lockout variants and replace The Cage. PLZ!

I agree.

That Countdown game was hilarious. I had so much fun that game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
GhaleonEB said:
From the NPD thread:

New! 06. Halo: Reach **(360) MICROSOFT - 315K

Under-performing Halo 3 by a good margin, which had 434k in September 2007.

I think this and the player counts are showing a clear sign that the whole 'Father knows best' attitude when it comes to games is on the outs. IW and Treyarch put all the stuff in their game that people wanted, and we got armor lock and bloom.

Just a thought.

Walshicus

LAUGHTREY said:
I think this and the player counts are showing a clear sign that the whole 'Father knows best' attitude when it comes to games is on the outs. IW and Treyarch put all the stuff in their game that people wanted, and we got armor lock and bloom.

Just a thought.
Are people actually bitching about Armour Lock?

LAUGHTREY said:

Just a thought.
What stuff did Treyarch put in that people really wanted that Reach didn't do more of?
BLOPS sold due to being a quality but unoriginal (and well marketed) addition to the COD franchise. I see no mystically requested feature added. The theatre is neat, but beyond that?
Shooter fans are preferring the fragile quick shooter right now. It's a part of why Sprint was so requested and became part of Reach.

In terms of what the majority of fans were calling for, Reach gave... almost too much, to the point where quality slipped.
Which I think may be Reach's core issue.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sir Fragula said:
Are people actually bitching about Armour Lock?
Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not people in general do not like Armor lock, and for every 1 person bitching about it on forums there are 10 people that played Reach for a few days and put it away because they didn't like the AAs because they're not Halo, and the bloom because honestly it's really stupid and pointless.

Zeouterlimits said:
What stuff did Treyarch put in that people really wanted that Reach didn't do more of?
BLOPS sold due to being a quality but unoriginal (and well marketed) addition to the COD franchise. I see no mystically requested feature added. The theatre is neat, but beyond that?
Shooter fans are preferring the fragile quick shooter right now. It's a part of why Sprint was so requested and became part of Reach.

In terms of what the majority of fans were calling for, Reach gave... almost too much, to the point where quality slipped.
Which I think may be Reach's core issue.
The killstreak fixes, the quick scoping, stuff like that. I don't really know exactly everything that was changed between MW2 and black ops but it's obviously the right amount to keep people on the game.

I hope this is a wake-up call. Make a game that a lot of people want to play and don't change core shit like armor abilities and bloom on your fourth game in the series.

Gui_PT

Blastin' and Relaxin' - 1000cR

Kill 90 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Gunslinger - 1000cR

Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

The Little Guys - 2000cR

Kill 200 Grunts in Campaign today on Normal or harder.

On the Sixth Respawn... - 500cR

Complete a Firefight Matchmaking game with fewer than 5 deaths.

i'm sticking with reach, but I see why numbers are low... multi is very weak compared to H2 and 3, more specifically the maps are.
also, it takes me aaaages to get matched up in multi team (that's pretty much all I play), my screensaver is on as I speak and i'm still not matched up, so often it'll find 10 other players (1 short) and reset... my limited gaming time is being wasted.

Is anyone else a bit over the loadouts now?
Really cool at first, and they needed to try something to keep the game fresh, but it's been a couple of months now and I think pick ups work much better.

that's my whinge... I still love Halo

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Even though I still dislike the bloom, I still love Reach - even more after playing Black Ops, because there's no hoping that you don't run into a laggy match there, let alone hoping that all of your 8 friends make it into a match together without retrying 10 times.

Mostly the lag though, damn that makes want to smash something badly, especially when it took so long to get into that match in the first place.

LAUGHTREY said:
The killstreak fixes, the quick scoping, stuff like that. I don't really know exactly everything that was changed between MW2 and black ops but it's obviously the right amount to keep people on the game.
So very small changes.
What I mean is the BLOPS crowd were just looking for more of the same. I don't mean that in a critiquing way, it's fine to want that.
Bungie obviously chose to take a step change with AA. The merits of that are debatable, but I think it's unfair to claim that what Treyarch changed with BLOPS is what got them greater success.

Falt

12 hour lan session yesterday. 4 TVs, 4 360s, 4 good friends, 1 epic Legendary co-op run and about 6 hours of customs/matchmaking... I'm beat. I might post a few pics of our set up later, maybe even a short video.

Lots of fun was had and this morning I had a "You know you've played too much halo when..." your alarm goes off and you think your shields have been popped. Dear god.

Gui_PT said:
The Little Guys - 2000cR
Kill 200 Grunts in Campaign today on Normal or harder.

Damn... if only this was up yesterday. Not planning on going back into campaign for at least a week!

Falt said:
12 hour lan session yesterday. 4 TVs, 4 360s, 4 good friends, 1 epic Legendary co-op run and about 6 hours of customs/matchmaking... I'm beat. I might post a few pics of our set up later, maybe even a short video.
Nice! Would love to do that, preferable to the bigger lans that Hydranockz and I have attended/been involved with before.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm pretty sure most of the people who got Black Ops were unaware of what changes Treyarch implemented to the game, but simply got it because it was the new COD. Hell, I'm sure most people are unaware that the games switch developers every year.

Blueblur1

LAUGHTREY said:

Just a thought.
To be fair, Bungie did a lot of things we wanted but it was all small-scale stuff in the grand scheme of things. Of course, no number in the game's title, a different take on Halo gameplay and their worse and smallest batch of launch maps ever have not helped at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom