• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikasangelos said:
HOLY SHIT :lol :lol They MAD

Yeah. Salty tears for sure.

Doesn't the fact that 343 is making room for them and trying to keep that community alive (granted, in a leprous and zombified form) indicate that they are in some way trying to keep that sub-franchise going?

I'm just glad that something like that could never happen to Reach.

Right guys?

Right?

Miggytronz

Bregmann Roche said:
Yeah. Salty tears for sure.

Doesn't the fact that 343 is making room for them and trying to keep that community alive (granted, in a leprous and zombified form) indicate that they are in some way trying to keep that sub-franchise going?

I'm just glad that something like that could never happen to Reach.

Right guys?

Right?

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GhaleonEB

Mikasangelos said:
HOLY SHIT :lol :lol They MAD
Ouch, I'd hate to be the messenger there. I don't envy that role. Cocop knows full well that stat tracking is a huge part of the game (imagine if bungie.net was disabled and the forums moved to Waypoint) so that had to be a hard message to deliver. I assume the move was partly because the shifts in the teams/support for Halo Wars that's behind the consolidation, and that since Bungie is a going concern that won't be something that happens to Halo proper in a couple years.

....Right?

Miggytronz

cool_dude_2049 said:
Did anyone ever find the drivable pelican?

XEsUw.gif

Que?

Dani said:
There was a post wishing that he would break his neck in a car crash just to have something to keep him from destroying HW more or something to that extent too... No Photoshops involving terrorist leaders yet anyway.

aesop

Hydranockz said:
There was a post wishing that he would break his neck in a car crash just to have something to keep him from destroying HW more or something to that extent too... No Photoshops involving terrorist leaders yet anyway.

I didn't see anyone named EazyB on their forums.

Hydranockz said:
Yeah, shame he had be the bad guy and take the "slack". Someone has to do it I guess.

FourDoor

Ramirez said:
I find it extremely amusing that humping is ok, but shooting someone's corpse is just over the line! :lol

I have a friend who refuses to tbag anybody in the game. But when he gets pissed off enough (which rarely happens), he shoots the other dudes body after each kill.

I think their dead body getting shot or smacked gets under the skin of more people than tbagging since tbagging is so common in Halo. :lol

vhfive

Ramirez said:
I find it extremely amusing that humping is ok, but shooting someone's corpse is just over the line! :lol

What campaign level is the best for killing lots of grunts?
I did winter contingency ralley point bravo a couple of times to get it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mikasangelos said:
this, most people cant adjust to gameplay that addes variety like Reach does, bitch about how crappy Reach is (when really they just suck) and play COD/Black Ops.

Honestly I think it has more to do with quitters.

Everyone I know, myself included, stopped playing because the majority of the time you get stuck in a game with lopsided teams, if not complete 1 vs an entire team assrape.

I prefer Halo over COD, however, not being able to actually play the game makes that moot.

Miggytronz

Alienshogun said:
Honestly I think it has more to do with quitters.

Everyone I know, myself included, stopped playing because the majority of the time you get stuck in a game with lopsided teams, if not complete 1 vs an entire team assrape.

I prefer Halo over COD, however, not being able to actually play the game makes that moot.

I can agree to this as well. They sucked so bad they quit. Leaving us true enthusiast ......

ForeverAlone.png

Willeth

Just had a few games of SWAT with randoms, who were good, communicative, and polite, and afterwards exchanged friend requests. Not had that since the early days of Halo 2. That feels really awesome.

Miggytronz

Willeth said:
Just had a few games of SWAT with randoms, who were good, communicative, and polite, and afterwards exchanged friend requests. Not had that since the early days of Halo 2. That feels really awesome.

Miss those days.

Domino Theory said:
Holy fucking shit @ all the grenades being thrown through that hallway just before you throw your sticky.

Disgusting. :lol
The video showed a total of 7, I think. That's everyone on their team throwing their two grenades except for one guy :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Hydranockz said:
And you're only seeing what I wasn't forced to delete.

Cocopjojo said:

You must be able to understand theyre rage though? Im pretty sure people here wouldnt take it well if the Bungie.net stats tracking just dissapeared. Wouldnt it be better to just leave HaloWars.com up in a frozen state? No more stats updating after this point, but the ability to always go back and see your stats would be a lot better than just having them dissapear. If you want to have everything under the Waypoint umbrella cant you just backup all the stats to a Waypoint Halo Wars site in a frozen form?

I dont actually care about my HaloWars stats, but this isnt good news as a Halo fan, if all my Halo 2 and 3 stats dissapeared tonight I would be upset and with 343 eventually taking over Reach its bound to happen. I understand you guys would probably support Reach, but not supporting the older games would be annoying.

Honestly, I could laugh at the salty tears over on that site because it doesnt effect me, but I would rather protect those guys, because were next on the firing line?

I guess with a RTS stats are pretty important? It really is gutting the game for competative guys over there, taking that away from Halo Wars is probably like removing Theatre from Reach, its ancilliary to the gameplay, but can add a lot to the game in its own right.

EDIT: It sucks you were the messenger, your posts there are brilliant considering how immature some of theres are!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
bobs99 ... said:
You must be able to understand theyre rage though? Im pretty sure people here wouldnt take it well if the Bungie.net stats tracking just dissapeared. Wouldnt it be better to just leave HaloWars.com up in a frozen state? No more stats updating after this point, but the ability to always go back and see your stats would be a lot better than just having them dissapear.

I dont actually care about my HaloWars stats, but this isnt good news as a Halo fan, if all my Halo 2 and 3 stats dissapeared tonight I would be upset and with 343 eventually taking over Reach its bound to happen. I understand you guys would probably support Reach, but not supporting the older games would be annoying.

Honestly, I could laugh at the salty tears over on that site because it doesnt effect me, but I would rather protect those guys, because were next on the firing line?

Meh, I'd download my stats, save any pics and videos and be on my merry way.

I'm sure the eight "hardcore" Halo Wars players left will find a way to cope. They're too intelligent not to find a way.

Leotarius

Cocopjojo said:

I don't post a lot in the forums Coco, but you seem like a cool guy. Sorry that you have to be the messenger. People need to realize that 343 doesn't have an obligation to HW fans and yet is taking steps to keep an abandoned game alive without the support of the original developers.

These people should target MS for destroying Ensemble.

Willeth

Haha holy hell. Just got into a Snipers game on Powerhouse, and one of our guys killed the entire other team within twelve seconds of starting. Instant quit.

I got 1 credit that reduced to zero just like I would in a quick custom or Forge. The 4-kills guy got like 72 credits.

Feel like he deserves more. :lol

Leotarius said:
. People need to realize that 343 doesn't have an obligation to HW fans and yet is taking steps to keep an abandoned game alive without the support of the original developers.
This.. I'm not sure I agree with this.
343 are in charge of the franchise. HW is a big enough, at least in terms of a different Halo title and money spent on it. It is a part of Halo.
What 343 are doing in trying to probably cut costs but still salvage a community is the fairest thing to expect 343 to do.

Cocopjojo said:
Of course I do.

I wasnt trying to imply your to blame or anything of that sort, you were just the messenger and you handled yourself really well considering the bad situation, but this isnt a sign of things to come is it? If this ever happened to Halo 2 or 3 could you back up the stats under a Waypoint site for people to at least view?

I REALLY hope Reach is supported by you guys - im probably worried about something pretty insignificant, but its a nice feature, and probably could easily be backed up. It would suck to lose Fileshare ability/ stats tracking/ picture uploading but I would love to keep what ive already got.

Im probably thinking too far ahead, but the way I see it nows the time where you see whats to come. :/

Willeth said:
Haha holy hell. Just got into a Snipers game on Powerhouse, and one of our guys killed the entire other team within twelve seconds of starting. Instant quit.

I got 1 credit that reduced to zero just like I would in a quick custom or Forge. The 4-kills guy got like 72 credits.

Feel like he deserves more. :lol

DAYUM!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
bobs99 ... said:
I wasnt trying to imply your to blame or anything of that sort, you were just the messenger and you handled yourself really well considering the bad situation, but this isnt a sign of things to come is it? If this ever happened to Halo 2 or 3 could you back up the stats under a Waypoint site for people to at least view?

I REALLY hope Reach is supported by you guys - im probably worried about something pretty insignificant, but its a nice feature, and probably could easily be backed up. It would suck to lose Fileshare ability/ stats tracking/ picture uploading but I would love to keep what ive already got.

Im probably thinking too far ahead, but the way I see it nows the time where you see whats to come. :/

I'm pretty sure stat tracking is finished for Halo 2 considering no one can play it on XBL anymore. Unless you're talking about Halo 2 Vista.

And I'm sure by the time Halo 3 stat tracking is over, we won't mind.

Roche

Shake Appeal said:
All of this is covered in your terms of service. Removing online features for old or dying games is pretty standard on consoles.

Yeah it's true just look at Chromehounds Sega took the entire game offline, it sucks but it's kind of inevitable for most games, especially spin-offs like Halo Wars. Hard luck with that Cocop I'd hate to be the one to have to tell them the bad news.

Domino Theory said:
I'm pretty sure stat tracking is finished for Halo 2 considering no one can play it on XBL anymore. Unless you're talking about Halo 2 Vista.

And I'm sure by the time Halo 3 stat tracking is over, we won't mind.

What are you talking about? Haven't you heard: everyone's playing Halo 3 now. Reach is dead. If they kill Halo 3 stat tracking then we'll have to play Reach, and if we have to play Reach then Reticule Bloom will eat our babies and Armor Lock will kill grandma!

Tears Ahoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom