• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
kylej said:
Every motherfucking dev under the Microsoft umbrella should be making maps. Give me a Rare pack with giant pinata versions of Ogre 2 falling from the sky and avatars running around the outskirts of the map DMRing each other. Bungie's map making skills have failed to impress for about 4 years now so I am completely open to letting other folks try.

That is an awesome idea, if only for the themed versions. It can do nothing but add to the Bungie core product.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NH Apache said:
That is an awesome idea, if only for the themed versions. It can do nothing but add to the Bungie core product.
Bungie/MS cares to much about maps having some kind of relation to the canon/universe.

But yeah, I'd love to see Certain Affinity and others pumping out maps as well besides Bungie, hell make them do a giant halo remake map pack, I'd drool.

feel

Just got done playing about 12 team slayer games in a row by myself in MM, won and went positive in most of them, only found quitters in 1 game (the game ended up being an awesome 2v4 from the start, where I could have easily won if the other guy left instead of staying and doing -11, still was a fun game) and people were voting for good stuff in almost every game. <3 Reach, it has been good to me today.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
It wasn't.
What do you think is causing it, and what can Bungie do about it?

Note that I haven't run into the issue myself.

Edit: if your solution is drop-in MP, I will be posting many laughing emoticons. Falt nailed it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
It wasn't.

:lol You're really campaigning for this drop in/drop out "feature" huh?

Someone message me to play Reach. I don't care what you want to play or how good/bad you are. I'm down for whatever.

If they patch in anything to help with the quitting, just add a "concede game" option, available only if you've lost a certain percentage of your team. That and a nice cR bonus for sticking with an imbalanced match to the bitter end.

I've slowly come to agree that drop-in drop-out would be a pretty bad idea for a Halo type of game (one that emphasizes map control via power weapons). Replacement players would be at a disadvantage right from the get-go.

COD can get away with it better since its a custom loadout based game. Everything a player needs is already equipped when they spawn, so its easier to support a drop-in drop-out style of matchmaking.

aesop said:
All I can add is anecdotal evidence, but I've had a few problems with host migration in Blops. It's not instantaneous and I've had it close the game and give an error message.

Don't get me wrong, I think the host migration in Reach needs some tweaking. But I just wanted to point out that CoD host migration isn't a fantastic experience either.

No I understand, host migration does suck in CoD, that is pretty much a fact, but at least it is somewhat better than what MW2 was, oh was that bad or what.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
:lol You're really campaigning for this drop in/drop out "feature" huh?

Someone message me to play Reach. I don't care what you want to play or how good/bad you are. I'm down for whatever.
Messaging you now...

Tashi

Mikasangelos said:
Thanks! Prolly wont need it. Our team is going on 24-0 winning streak between this season and last.

we just gotta win 3 tonight.

Look what happened to the Patriots when my glorious Giants faced them in the Super Bowl a few years ago...

Miggytronz

-Yeti said:
I know you were just joking, but I honestly despise Armor Lock. That's just making me want to play BLOPS more. You're not helping!

on a real note though, HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ENJOYING THAT TRASH. LOL.

WJD said:
Fucks sake. Quitters just ruin everything. Cunts, all of them.

I never remember it being this bad in Halo 3.

Really? I couldnt get games going on Halo 3 without derankers, AFKers or quitters ruining the experience. I find Reach a lot better in that regard, im pretty lucky but I havent noticed the quitter problem yet.

Miggytronz

bobs99 ... said:
Really? I couldnt get games going on Halo 3 without derankers, AFKers or quitters ruining the experience. I find Reach a lot better in that regard, im pretty lucky but I havent noticed the quitter problem yet.

I have only experienced Quiters on BTB and invasion gametypes mostly. Usually just 1 maybe 2 guys leave.

feel

zQE2gl.jpg

Can't complain about this avatar size fail.

-Yeti said:
I know you were just joking, but I honestly despise Armor Lock. That's just making me want to play BLOPS more. You're not helping!
Play what you will without regrets, but if I had to take a stab at it, lag is far less of an issue in Reach.

Then again, this happened in one of my recent games:

29dkajk.jpg

Lag ruins everything.

Tashi

GGs ply, maybe next time we can play something other than the cage lol

I learned today that the Cage is very popular. I'm very sad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Devin Olsen said:
This would be awesome if it was done properly. (Not saying it isn't already awesome, it just likely needs a bit of tweaking still)

Classic Halo Reach (YouTube)

- Bloom Removal
- DMR Changed to 4 Shot
- AR Accuracy Decreased
- Pistol Damage Decreased
- No Fall Damage
- Jump Height/Gravity/Player Speed Altered
Holy crap I didn't know you could effectively decrease the quality of an experience and nullify improvements in so many ways with mods until I saw this video. Huge step backwards in so many directions.

And GAF doesn't want drop in/drop out either? Seriously, not even the option? I think you guys have played Halo 3 so long that in reality you guys just want Reach to be exactly like Halo 3.

Bloom, 5 shot, AR's competitiveness with the AR, Pistol's usability, and Fall Damage are such vast improvements over Halo 3 I'm sitting here surprised that someone would still want every other weapon besides the BR rendered useless..

/rant

Also, I also realized apparently HaloGAF is the only one that hates The Cage. I mean, it's alright to play, but is horribly, horribly segmented and handled spawn-wise.

Mikasangelos said:
I really wish he would do more Reach commentaries....

http://www.youtube.com/user/elpresador?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/PkhSHpI2mio
:lol

Wow anyone watching this thinking BO isnt good, take it from me that dude SUCKS. Ive let non gaming friends play on my xbox and they play like him, a gun like the AK which has huge recoil should be burst fired you idiot! :lol

A dude in final stand has exactly 1 hitpoint of health, even getting hit with a smoke nade will kill him, so the fact that he long ranged pistoled him is pretty impressive.

RC cars are worse than armour lock though. :lol

enzo_gt said:
Holy crap I didn't know you could effectively decrease the quality of an experience and nullify improvements in so many ways with mods until I saw this video. Huge step backwards in so many directions.

And GAF doesn't want drop in/drop out either? Seriously, not even the option? I think you guys have played Halo 3 so long that in reality you guys just want Reach to be exactly like Halo 3.

Bloom, 5 shot, AR's competitiveness with the AR, Pistol's usability, and Fall Damage are such vast improvements over Halo 3 I'm sitting here surprised that someone would still want every other weapon besides the BR rendered useless..

/rant

Also, I also realized apparently HaloGAF is the only one that hates The Cage. I mean, it's alright to play, but is horribly, horribly segmented and handled spawn-wise.

Nullify improvements? I would say nullify changes personally. :lol Drop in drop out would work in BTB but sucks for the 4v4 team based gameplay that Halo works best at and the argument that people who dislike aspects of reach just want a Halo 3 clone is probably the worst thing ive heard.

As for the Cage, there are very few ways to traverse the map is my main issue with it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Devin Olsen said:
This would be awesome if it was done properly. (Not saying it isn't already awesome, it just likely needs a bit of tweaking still)

Classic Halo Reach (YouTube)

- Bloom Removal
- DMR Changed to 4 Shot
- AR Accuracy Decreased
- Pistol Damage Decreased
- No Fall Damage
- Jump Height/Gravity/Player Speed Altered

Complete and utter sex. :D

Except for the pistol damage decrease. Don't alter my pistol!

edit: Can this be a custom game gametype or no?

That Classic Halo Reach is the dumbest thing ever, and would be criminally unbalanced if you played it. With the DMR like that, it's not far from SWAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom