• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
GGs ply, maybe next time we can play something other than the cage lol

I learned today that the Cage is very popular. I'm very sad.
Yeah good games you got to see the amazing state of affairs in Slayer and Snipers. Cage, Cage, Cage. But we got to kick ass in Snipers even though our teammates were going negative hard or quitting out on us.
Mikasangelos said:
avatar fixed, now its washed out. :(
Pick your poison:

HHzWv.png
Jslbn.png

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mikasangelos said:
I have only experienced Quiters on BTB and invasion gametypes mostly. Usually just 1 maybe 2 guys leave.
I think a lot of "quitters" on invasion are actually people getting booted for accidental betrayals. Since reach doesn't boot the whole party like Halo 3 did, I am guessing the other players leave along with their friends. I understand booting someone who is intentionally team killing, but reflexive booting on the first betrayal is annoying.

Checking the time it takes to matchmake 'good connection' games for me in the Arena tonight.

First game: 7 minutes. And the connection was actually good! And I came third against a mix of silvers and golds.
Second game: 7 minutes. Connection is decent. I come third again, though the whole opposing team is bronze. Top two guys are American.
Third game: 11 minutes. Connection is nothing to complain about, and I come first. Their team has one gold, one bronze, and two unplaced.
Fourth game: 4 minutes! Scottish accents in the lobby! Best connection of the night, I come fifth narrowly. Their team is two gold, two silver.

Not bad, though I spent as much time getting in games as I did playing them.

zumphry

Banned
Captain Blood said:
A challanger approaches for the mantle of Dax's Alt.

I'll take it?

__
Anyway, been busy this week, so I gotta be late in saying welcome back frankie (and hoping letters posts that gif again :lol )

Anyway, a few pages back people were talking about 343 and Bungie and what they'd due with stats when it's handed to 343, right? Well, I don't know if a simple transfer of everything could happen or not (like just transfer the data over from Bungie's servers to 343's, or something), but it wouldn't be the first time Bungie "lost" the matchmaking of one of their games due to a IP move. Way back when, Myth and Marathon's (not to sure about Marathon though) Net Play was stopped for good in 2002 (though mariusnet still has games up). At least with Halo, Reach (and maybe 3) will be supported for a long time.

That's probably already known by people, but I'm sure 343 and Bungie have something figured out. It'll be weird that Halo stuff won't be on B.net, but 343.net (or waypoint.net? halo.net?) won't be the end of current stat tracking/matchmaking.

Hopefully I didn't botch up the history of bungie.net too badly, or whatever and just completely missed the point of the conversation, or whatever. I'm really exhausted. Gonna go dream about armor lock.

or whatever

Magni

Grimm Fandango said:
There should be a time penalty if you jump off the map with the oddball. Like -10 seconds. The behavior really needs to be curbed.

:lol :lol

uhm.. what? Playing ball has ALWAYS (as in, since November 15th 2001) been a viable Oddball "play" in Halo.

kylej

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
There should be a time penalty if you jump off the map with the oddball. Like -10 seconds. The behavior really needs to be curbed.

Someone just got donged on in an Oddball game.

I just read some of the proposed doubles arena changes from a couple of weeks back. Removing Armor Lock? I like it but how will I fight against 4 rockets in Double Arena now? God I hate RL's in Doubles.

Striker

Grimm Fandango said:
Remember people jumping down in the bottom of Narrows during Oddball and getting away with it? That was awesome.

Kibbles

Devin Olsen said:
This would be awesome if it was done properly. (Not saying it isn't already awesome, it just likely needs a bit of tweaking still)

Classic Halo Reach (YouTube)

- Bloom Removal
- DMR Changed to 4 Shot
- AR Accuracy Decreased
- Pistol Damage Decreased
- No Fall Damage
- Jump Height/Gravity/Player Speed Altered
Is this a modded gametype that anyone can play on?
put in matchmaking

Oh and wtf is this? Pre-order 3 maps woo hoo... :lol http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/...email&utm_content=feat&utm_campaign=HaloDLCnm

Striker

Tempest looks purty. It looks like both Breakpoint and Temptest are symmetrical, although the BTB playlist now lacks a premier 1-side map like Headlong. Maybe for later DLC, or if Spire or Boneyard are somehow rejuvenated.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Zel3 said:
hey guys check out this awesome dlc

NOVEMBER 30TH!

blame stosh

Hey, give Bungie a break. What else are they supposed to talk about? It's not like they have a new IP in development with another publisher to which Bungie owns the rights to and thus could tease in each of their Weekly Updates leading to its launch.

Sheesh.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Dani said:
I'd say the community's collection of beards would out-beard any of your pro beards any day.

When I first moved up to the Pacific NW I tried acclimating by letting my facial hair get out of CONTROL! Seriously, it was like a the Flood had taken control of my beard.

Beardtober.jpg

Not exactly proud of this picture.

zumphry

Banned
Editor’s Note: Just in case you didn’t notice, each of the images in-lined above are before and after looks of all three maps. Mouse over each to check out how the maps evolved. You might have also noticed that they're all watermarked for Internal Use Only. Whatever. I do what I want! - Urk

:lol

Personally, I found the update pretty awesome. Love seeing screens of stuff when it was in progress. Especially when they look like the best looking Halo 2/3 maps ever.

lybertyboy said:
When I first moved up to the Pacific NW I tried acclimating by letting my facial hair get out of CONTROL! Seriously, it was like a the Flood had taken control of my beard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/lybertyboy/Beardtober.jpg

It goes from boyish charm to BATTLEBRO: 5, MY RING IS ALL FUCKED UP SO I MUST SHOOT MY WAY OUT, MIX THINGS UP A LITTLE

emot-downsrim.gif

Schmitty

Shake Appeal said:
That Classic Halo Reach is the dumbest thing ever, and would be criminally unbalanced if you played it. With the DMR like that, it's not far from SWAT.
Shake's got it.

And drop in/out is the most annoying feature. I don't want to finish other people's games. I don't know where all the complaining about quitting is coming from. I have barely run into any, and if one person on the other team quits, who cares? I think some of you are taking this way too seriously

Those before and after pictures are amazing, in Anchor 9 it looks like theyre using Halo 1 assets for mass out. Its insane how far Halo has come graphically.

I still wanna see a video of someone traversing Anchor 9, it seems like the space station just opens up to outer space, once you jump out how the hell do you get back in? :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Uh, isn't that one map in a part of the Glacier setting, I may be seeing it wrong.

If it is, wouldn't that imply there will be frame issues?

GhaleonEB

Nice update. I'll take as much making-of stuff as I can get. The mass out art was more detailed than I thought it was going to be, for some reason I pictured much rougher geometry.

I need these maps inside me.

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
Uh, isn't that one map in a part of the Glacier setting, I may be seeing it wrong.

If it is, wouldn't that imply there will be frame issues?
That had to do with the scale of the glacier environment and all the swaths of AI, not the textures used.

Sibylus

Banned
NOKYARD said:
People quit on me all the time. EVEN THE AI IN CAMPAIGN!

I've always said, "NEVER let Kat drive!"
I've had Emile up and disappear entirely on Nightfall, couldn't locate his beacon or anything. I figure a Hunter probably launched him down a chasm.

This is where NPC teleportation, while unrealistic, can be very handy. At least in the case of levels with large drops, throw in some trigger volumes that'll trigger a "NPC stuck" condition or something when they fall down there. Would fix the most egregious of the problems (and would allow allies to still fall behind on foot).

NullPointer said:
Lag ruins everything.
Today I played a game with someone from across the country. During said game one of my space bullets fired miliseconds later than it should of. Fucking bullshit Bungie.

I want to play from the moon with no lag.

bs bungie.

I bet you can play CoD from the moon, without bloom.

Domino Theory said:
edit: Can this be a custom game gametype or no?
Nah, has to be modded for now.

Shake Appeal said:
That Classic Halo Reach is the dumbest thing ever, and would be criminally unbalanced if you played it. With the DMR like that, it's not far from SWAT.
No it wouldn't... It would just be Halo: CE again - aka: awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Devin Olsen said:
No it wouldn't... It would just be Halo: CE again - aka: awesome.
Nah, it'd be Halo 3 again, mixed with a bit of Halo 2. Classic Reach suggests nerfing the pistol, which isn't Halo: CE-ish at all.

And I had the worst game with lag on firefight ever yesterday. I can't even describe how bad the input lag was. I counted a FULL 2 seconds between me inputting a forward movement, and my dude actually moving forward.

Needless to say, the time ran out before we finished the second set of Firefight. It was absolutely horrid.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dammit broadband! Why won't you work? I started three games and lagged out of each and now my connection to the internet dies every five minutes and takes about three minutes to reconnect.

FML

NOKYARD

Botolf said:
I've had Emile up and disappear entirely on Nightfall, couldn't locate his beacon or anything. I figure a Hunter probably launched him down a chasm.
It was even funnier that she continued to talk for the remainder of the segment. I would have seen how far it may have gone but i was attempting a no-death run and was killed by a stray Banshee.

If you want to have fun with this try loading The Pillar of Autumn mission at Rally Point Alpha. Make your way past the Invasion and smelter areas. In the area where you encounter the two Hunters climb to the top of the building to avoid the battle. Those two Hunters smack Emile to all corners of the map including the valley below. At least Emile always returns for more.

Dani said:
Dammit broadband! Why won't you work? I started three games and lagged out of each and now my connection to the internet dies every five minutes and takes about three minutes to reconnect.

FML

I finally fixed my connection by updating the firmware on my router, I is happy now. :D

Imagine Halo in 60fps.

That would be awesome. No more random framerates messing with your gameplay in MP. Just pure silk.

Shadowrun did it, why can't Halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom