• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Letters said:
Elite Slayer is pretty much one of the most miserable things you could play online. Fuck that shit, just played about 3 games of it in a row and I'm pretty much ready to never touch this fuckin game ever again. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mad: :mad: :mad:

easy fix> remove armor lock from it
Elite Slayer is so much fun. Fairs better on larger maps like Hemorrhage though.

But is it possible for them to tweak Armor lock at all? The man who thought temporary invulnerability was a good idea should be shot.

RdN

Letters said:
Elite Slayer is pretty much one of the most miserable things you could play online. Fuck that shit, just played about 3 games of it in a row and I'm pretty much ready to never touch this fuckin game ever again. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mad: :mad: :mad:

easy fix> remove armor lock from it

Armor Lock really ruins it.

Elite Slayer on Sword Base is one of the worst Halo experiences that I've had.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just went back to my Halo 3 page on Bungie.net and tried unlocking Recon again after it couldn't verify some of my vidmaster achievements for months, and voila I now have Recon now :lol

Kujo

What is up with Infection, played 2 games/6 rounds and I was the human just 1 round (and only for 30 seconds thanks to the simultaneous bulltrue/infection). Yet some of the others were human for the entire game. So not fair...

Why isn't it hard coded that everyone be a zombie once and a human twice, in every game? Just seems completely random at this point

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mojo said:
What is up with Infection, played 2 games/6 rounds and I was the human just 1 round (and only for 30 seconds thanks to the simultaneous bulltrue/infection). Yet some of the others were human for the entire game. So not fair...

Why isn't it hard coded that everyone be a zombie once and a human twice, in every game? Just seems completely random at this point
Because hurr durr hurr durr.
0ti9Y.gif

I was actually playing Zombies to get easy wins for the Weekly Challenge and it was working for a while until they started making me Zombie the whole game or for the remaining two rounds. This went on for(guesstimating) 8+ games, I stopped playing Zombies.

krakov

Is it possible to manipulate lag to get an advantage in reach? I just played two games of invasion where the other team won 0-3 and it was pretty much unplayable for me. Not a single host migration and bars hopping between green and red the entire game.

Reminds me of the early days of Gears 2 where you would just run around with the chainsaw hoping for someone to warp into it.

zumphry

Banned
Um.

Everything you need to know about setting up maps for King of the Hill

Labels
"koth" - use this AND the "gametype specific" setting to create objects that only spawn in KOTH.
"koth_hill" - REQUIRED - the hill!

KOTH is an asymmetric gametype.

The "move in sequence" game option does not work correctly; the hill movement will still be random.

What?!

Has MLG been screwed so far when trying to make KOTH a gametype? More importantly, is this possible to fix in a Title Update, or is it baked in, unable to be fixed?

Tashi0106 said:
MLG has adopted territories...

Didn't know that. Thought they just would have made one hill or just taken it out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sunday's Daily Challenges:

40px-Bnet-challenge-icon0.png
Gunslinger
Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.
1000cR

40px-Bnet-challenge-icon2.png
Like a Glove
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Catch Skull on.
1000cR

Points Pyramid
Score 40,000 points on any Campaign mission.
4000cR

40px-Bnet-challenge-icon4.png
You Want This, Don't You?
Earn 12 kills with precision weapons in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
1000cR

Feorax

Just a heads up for PC HaloGAF. I've got a game set up to get that infernal rainman achievement in Halo 2 PC. If anyone needs it, then shoot me a message on XBL.

Also, slightly more on topic, its weird that the achievement total isnt up to 1250 yet on reach. Normally Bungie does that well in advance.

MrBig

ZayneH said:
Um.

What?!

Has MLG been screwed so far when trying to make KOTH a gametype? More importantly, is this possible to fix in a Title Update, or is it baked in, unable to be fixed?
It's not exactly broken, the system they use is just really dumb. The first hill will be the hill closest to Y 0 and then it moves out from there.

Fun customs yesterday. Must find clip of me and Zeouterlimits getting an awesome stick on shogun yesterday. Also, me + Dani + rockets + mongoose = super happy fun times.

Laser Tag, GhostWhisperers, Indiana Jones = Awesome.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
krakov said:
Is it possible to manipulate lag to get an advantage in reach? I just played two games of invasion where the other team won 0-3 and it was pretty much unplayable for me. Not a single host migration and bars hopping between green and red the entire game.

Reminds me of the early days of Gears 2 where you would just run around with the chainsaw hoping for someone to warp into it.

Yep, happened to me release week actually.

Hydranockz said:
Fun customs yesterday. Must find clip of me and Zeouterlimits getting an awesome stick on shogun yesterday. Also, me + Dani + rockets + mongoose = super happy fun times.

Laser Tag, GhostWhisperers, Indiana Jones = Awesome.

Here's the two I had from yesterday, are you talking about when I was armor locking my ass off? :lol I had an awesome stick on cuban too, where I was flying across the map and nailed him mid flight. :D

No splatter for you!

Sticky Miss

Laser tag was cool at first, but got old quick.

Dani said:
Only 4 folks left? :lol

2 Hours - shortest Customs night in a long time.

Sorry Dani I intended to join but ended up playing with a couple of friend and ended up sleeping. :lol I feel rough and didnt fancy staying up that late.

krakov said:

Possible? Of course. I can't say I've seen it happen like that. Occasionally lots of black screen, but ultimately little in-game lag.

krakov said:

It happened once. I got a black screen. When I could play again the enemy had already killed me 3 or 4times.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Here is something interesting.

FPSBattle1.jpg

I had no idea Halo had more 1st day and first week than black ops.

That is of course based on Raptr's stats.

kylej

Banned
Ah shit. Kicked down to Gold because I haven't played Arena in ages. Don't know if I can deal with more competitive armor lock...

Hemorrhage sucks so freakin' much. I'm so tired of being sniped from some dude all the way across the map who hasn't moved away from his base. Bungie, please remake Valhalla, take Hemorrhage out of matchmaking, and I promise you none of us will ever speak of this map ever again.

Dirtbag

LAUGHTREY said:
How grown up of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2DVe7bYi_8

Video of a mod that removes bloom.

I never doubted that it could be taken out or reduced to nothing, I just want to see how it plays and how easy it would be to shoot the DMR super fast 5 times and get the kill, it seems hard to miss with the DMR in this game if the bloom is centered. Or maybe it's exactly what the game needs to give it that faster bit of pace and bring it back to halo 1/2 level.

That looks so awesome. I wish we could use those settings without needing a mod, and that they'd show up in MM. Would be interesting to see what the people vote for and what they really want. Course that would be confusing and lead to an inconsistent experience for most of the end users... it's nice to want things

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dax01 said:
Hemorrhage sucks so freakin' much. I'm so tired of being sniped from some dude all the way across the map who hasn't moved away from his base. Bungie, please remake Valhalla, take Hemorrhage out of matchmaking, and I promise you none of us will ever speak of this map ever again.

i have a lot of fun with it dinking around in vehicles or trying stupid shit though. its a perfect map for that, especially in big team. hemorrhage is like my mini vacation from serious halo competitive play.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Like a Glove
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Catch Skull on.
1000cR
I like seeing the Campaign Challenges, though the cR distribution seems weird. Yesterday's was to complete a mission on Normal or higher with Thunderstorm on, for 2,000 cR. Today's is Heroic or harder with Catch for half as much.

I think I'll head in for my SWAT fix for the precision weapon one. I'll be halfway to Commander after today.

Kuroyume

Banned
Dax01 said:

Get over it you baby

Schmitty

Started my Legendary playthrough a few days ago. I'm up to Exodus and hasn't been too bad yet. The campaign is just too good

Raide

Hydranockz said:
Hahaha ^^ I love the mongoose.

My bro was just in a game of Crazy King on Asylum in Multi-team. After a while the hill just stopped giving them time. It affected everyone though.

Mongoose Vs Concussion Rifles are always hilarious battles. :lol

41/50 for the weekly going into tonight. Gonna marathon this shit, hit me up if you are on this grind and not too good but not too bad at this game.

Raide

Thanks to the people who did the ForgeGAF customs last night. I managed to fill a few more holes in Trapped, so all is now updated and uploaded...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom