• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm pretty certain Bungie hates people with a life. Considering it's a holiday week with many people going out of town, those of us with a life will be away from our xbox for 4-5 days this week. Of course challenges are optional, but Bungie just always seems to screw people over during holidays.

Also, Rocket Race needs to be pulled out of Mult-Team ASAP. It completely goes against the philosophy of the entire playlist.

LunaticPuma said:
I'm pretty certain Bungie hates people with a life. Considering it's a holiday week with many people going out of town, those of us with a life will be away from our xbox for 4-5 days this week. Of course challenges are optional, but Bungie just always seems to screw people over during holidays.

I think this is the opposite of screwing people over. A lot of kids in the states have either the whole week or half the week off. Many of them will be at home with their xboxes for the majority of that time. This is a cool treat from Bungie. Sorry you feel like this somehow screws you over but for most people it's a good thing.

Also, did you just say people who play video games during a holiday week have "no life". Not cool bro. Not cool.

GhaleonEB

Great weekly. A mother lode, too. :D
LunaticPuma said:
So what? It's a great weekly challenge.

And this is from someone who will be (probably) gone from Wednesday-Saturday this week. So I probably won't be able to get it.

neoism

Damn Winter Contingency is so fucking awesome.... Just got 82/0 that's the best I've played on campaign, it was fun... <3 The weekly is the best one yet..!

Also how to fuck can I get may Spartan to look updated...:( All the other stats have been fine. :/

Not a holiday week in my country, just saying.

Was looking at my stats page and noticed that I played this game for the last time 15 days ago so I think it's time to start playing again.
And hopefully elite slayer won't show up

GhaleonEB

So if I get every daily challenge today, tomorrow and Wednesday before I leave for the in-laws, I'll be able to get the last four Sunday night after I get back from the trip.

I briefly considered trucking the 360 with me on the trip, but I think my wife would veto that one in a heartbeat. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bluestuff said:
so my fellow gaffers the ipod touch/iphone halo reach app has finally being released!

It essentially alllows you to access all of you bungie.net stats, challenges, screenshots etc from the comfort of your phone and/or ipod.(android app + ipad app coming soon :D ). This magical app comes all for the low price of zero dollars. Link below and give us a review on the store if you are so inclined.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reach-service-record/id400103365?mt=8#
Looks good, I'll check it out. Lacks some of the functionality and aesthetics of one of the paid apps, but I'm sure this will turn out to be a better alternative with some work :D

Dang it, I'll be out of town in a house with no internet for Thanksgiving. And my sis went into labor today, so no weekly for me this week!

Ah well, this week is all about family! Have a great week everyone, and get your Haloez on if you can.

Doodis

Okay, time to get serious this week with challenges. I don't want to pass up that 16,000 credits.

So, which gametype is the best one to rack up multiplayer matchmaking kills? I usually stick to the firefight challenges because they don't take quite so long.

Doodis said:
Okay, time to get serious this week with challenges. I don't want to pass up that 16,000 credits.

So, which gametype is the best one to rack up multiplayer matchmaking kills? I usually stick to the firefight challenges because they don't take quite so long.

Probably Swat or multi team.

Doodis said:

SWAT. Quick games, fun times. Though it is an unpopular opinion in this thread.

Doodis said:

Multiteam is your first choice.

Anyone else own BLOPS and still find themselves coming back to Reach?

None of my regular friends were online and I had the choice to play either BLOPS or Reach by my lonesome. I chose to play Reach for the entire night. I feel it's the lesser of two evils.

Which, I'm finding the spawns are still atrocious as ever.

Major Williams said:
Anyone else own BLOPS and still find themselves coming back to Reach?

None of my regular friends were online and I had the choice to play either BLOPS or Reach by my lonesome. I chose to play Reach for the entire night. I feel it's the lesser of two evils.

Which, I'm finding the spawns are still atrocious as ever.

Both games are pretty good.

Kujo

Doodis said:
Got both challenges done in like 5 games of Rumble Pit, tons of assists in crazy king.

Striker

Tempest looks pretty damn good. Though I've only seen it for Stockpile so far.

Breakpoint Invasion, second phase is arming a bomb, interesting change-up from Boneyard and Spire.

Anchor 9 looks okay, but definitely not feeling the shield doors on the interiors. :\

Bungie's new engine is dynamite baby! I hope a 4v4 symmetrical map pack is next. Hell I'll take a Pit/Construct/Guardian/Narrows remake pack.
One of those maps is complete garbage with radar.

Beaver Creek needs brought back before any of those inferior parasites do, and I would like for another strong 1-side CTF/Bomb map made. Either new or one from Halo 2 (Zanzibar, Terminal [can be 4v4 or more], or Burial Mounds). Two other small maps that would be nice, though unsure how they would play with AA is Midship and Elongation.

FourDoor

Watching the Breakpoint video now.

I had no idea you could use the plasma pistol to kill somebody by just firing it regularly. I just used it as part of the noob combo to knock down the other players shields all this time. :lol

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Striker said:
Anchor 9 looks okay, but definitely not feeling the shield doors on the interiors. :\

Anchor 9 will melt your face with awesome when you get stick time with it.

Lots of dumb Armor Locking in this Tempest video. I don't know why people complain about this AA when people just use it as a "I'm going to wait 5 more seconds to die" bailout. People just look goofy doing it when they get soundly beaten in a duel.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shake Appeal said:
Lots of dumb Armor Locking in this Tempest video. I don't know why people complain about this AA when people just use it as a "I'm going to wait 5 more seconds to die" bailout. People just look goofy doing it when they get soundly beaten in a duel.

When it's used right, it's amazing though.

I like it, but think it needs a little tweaking to avoid spam.

That new invasion map looks awesome.

bleahy

Neo Member
Shake Appeal said:

I'm used to playing with my crew. Armor Locking like that usually yields teammates coming to save me. It doesn't quite work in a press session :(

Striker

Shake Appeal said:
The best usage of the Armor Lock is in the Breakpoint video where a Ghost gets annihilated by running into it.

They should be more frequent on larger maps, but I wouldn't miss it on smaller maps, notably ones without any vehicular activity.

FourDoor

Tempest: Described by Bungie as an "inverted Valhalla" Tempest offers a fantastic playground for a variety of gametypes. Also, junior map makers will love the included Forge pallet.

I got the feeling of a mini Avalanche from H3 in the bases from the video but that center area looks like a huge chokepoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom