• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

Currently grinding for the weekly at 27/50 since I haven't been playing all week. Kinda pointless since I'll be getting >100,000 cr on the process.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm at 0/50. Possible to multi task between Halo and the Giants/Eagles game before watching the Walking Dead? SWAT games are short I think.

krakov

Zeouterlimits said:
Possible? Of course. I can't say I've seen it happen like that. Occasionally lots of black screen, but ultimately little in-game lag.

I was thinking host migration is a way to prevent that kind of thing since I'm used to seeing that kind of thing in games without it.

I wish they would limit the ammo and respawn on the snipers on Hemorrhage, or make it less useful against vehicles.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
Just had a round where my whole team quit, then I was against 3 guys, one guy raged from me killing his ass, so it was still 2 V 1. THIS is what's wrong with Reach and Halo in general, this shit happens all the damn time.
Weird, you haven't mentioned this before.

Buckethead said:
Is it just me or are Sunday challenges consistently garbagio?
Just you :p

I had a nice 22 win streak going lol. Actually, I remembered now that I have a few issues with bnet. If I want info on something to the very right of the screen, such as the last game I lost in the streak, a popup appears as usual but it stretches past the page causing the page to adjust accordingly... only there is no easy way to scroll right without losing the mouse pointer you need to get the popup to appear. It bothered me :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ajemsuhgao said:
SWAT Magnums can suck a mile of dicks.

And I still need to see The Departed. :lol
I group people who vote against SWAT Magnums in the same category as quitters and people who vote for The Cage. I dislike your sentiments.

The Cage isn't that bad, I'd rather play SWAT on that than on Sword Base >.<

RdN

I think the problem with Swat Magnums is called LAG.

Since the Magnum is a less acurate weapon than the DMR or the Needle Rifle, lag hits people way harder and makes killing a lot more difficult.

enzo_gt said:
I group people who vote against SWAT Magnums in the same category as quitters and people who vote for The Cage. I dislike your sentiments.

The Cage isn't that bad, I'd rather play SWAT on that than on Sword Base >.<

I never quit, and I vote against The Cage most of the time. Especially in SWAT. All Forge maps are just terrible for SWAT. SWAT Magnums is horribly shitty though. Magnums are way too random for my liking.

bluestuff

so my fellow gaffers the ipod touch/iphone halo reach app has finally being released!

It essentially alllows you to access all of you bungie.net stats, challenges, screenshots etc from the comfort of your phone and/or ipod.(android app + ipad app coming soon :D ). This magical app comes all for the low price of zero dollars. Link below and give us a review on the store if you are so inclined.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reach-service-record/id400103365?mt=8#

Sai-kun

Banned
bluestuff said:
so my fellow gaffers the ipod touch/iphone halo reach app has finally being released!

It essentially alllows you to access all of you bungie.net stats, challenges, screenshots etc from the comfort of your phone and/or ipod.(android app + ipad app coming soon :D ). This magical app comes all for the low price of zero dollars. Link below and give us a review on the store if you are so inclined.

*sees "FREE"*

shypng-1.jpg

remz

bluestuff said:

Dude. I will definitely get the android app when it comes out. Great idea!

bluestuff said:

Yeah, let us know when the Android app comes out please :)

Everdred

bluestuff said:

Any chance for a WP7 app? :)

Gui_PT

Gunslinger - 1000cR

Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Pass the Rock - 1000cR

Earn 20 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Foggy Notion - 1400cR

Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Cloud and Famine on.

A Satisfied Thirst - 1800cR

Kill 250 Grunts in Firefight Matchmaking.

And the Weekly:

Dedication/Time - 16000cR

Complete 16 Daily Challenges this week.

Weekly Challenges are getting better.

Downloaded the app but didn't boot it up (heading to bed at the time).
Everdred said:
Any chance for a WP7 app? :)
You know, thinking about the Waypoint app yesterday.
ALL of this should be part of Waypoint, on the 360 and on WP7.

Does it make too much sense for it to actually happen or something?

neoism

Damn Winter Contingency is so fucking awesome.... Just got 82/0 that's the best I've played on campaign, it was fun... <3 The weekly is the best one yet..!

Also how to fuck can I get may Spartan to look updated...:( All the other stats have been fine. :/

I'm starting to notice more glitchiness or lag-related problems with Armor Lock. Granted, I started noticing this after searching for games with good connection.

Basically a player will become outlined in the armor lock invulnerability color, but not assume "the position". Whenever that happens it really throws off my game because I never know if they are invulnerable, going into or coming out of armor lock.

Gui_PT said:
Dedication/Time - 16000cR
-Complete 16 Daily Challenges this week.

Weekly Challenges are getting better.
:watches player count rise this week:

Great job on that challenge, Bungie! I will be coming out from my PC-Gaming-hole and will be playing this week (for at least 4 days)! :lol

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shake Appeal said:
Nice VU reference.

Wow, 16K? Bungie to CoD-hoppers: come back and play Halo this week. On at least four days.

Probably also because of the 4 day weekend in the US.

Turkey, Challenges, and stuffing bitches.

Even with that crazy jackpot, they don't want to make it easy. Those challenges hit Firefight, Campaign, and competitive multiplayer, and porbably ask about 30 minutes-hour in each.

MrBig

Falt said:
Out of interest, what campaign mission did you play? I'm thinking New Alexandria myself.
New Alexandria is my usual challenge level but I think I'll do nightfall this time. I've got to rebuild my computer today and can get through that level in about 5 minutes.

molekiller said:
Fuck, if I return to Reach right now I see myself zooming instead of meleing and throwing grenades trying to aim.

I warmed up in a gruntapacolypse. The first twenty seconds I almost feel like recording and showing everyone it was hilarious everything I wanted to do was the wrong button after playing BLOPS :lol twenty seconds later and I'm headshotting Grunts. What fuckin welcome back games! Always amazing how fresh you are after a nice long break from a game. I played two perfect Grunt games then a perfect Campaign mission. After that I played a Hill Asylum in Multi-Team and went 32-10-24 the next one I went 39-5-18 on Countdown Slayer I had more points than most of the other teams, not to mention a Killtrocity!

After that it took me two more games to get the rest of the challenges. All of this on 10 sensitivity which is a change from my default of 5 in Reach.

This game is really fun, I almost forgot that.

I think after a lot of playing you default to what usually works instead of trying crazy shit and you pull less insane games like you do after a bit of a break.

4/16 down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom