• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Grimm Fandango said:
When do you usually play Multiteam? I usually play it around 3pm EST and I still do pretty well particularly in Elite Slayer. It's mostly the only playlist I can still tolerate.

Usually either before work in the mornings (6-7am EST) or in the evenings if I'm helping someone else out (8-9pm EST). I'm only on right now since I got off work early today. But the problems I'm having with wait times are happening right now, whereas before Black Ops came out I could get full new games instantly at 6:00 in the fucking morning. I haven't played a ton of multiplayer lately so maybe I just am late to this party, but this is fucking miserable with the population. Getting a ton of host migrations mid-game too, I wonder if there's just not as many good hosts on anymore. Sucks :/

Shake Appeal said:
No, I agree that they should be fixed, and particularly that the assist window being shorter than a shield recharge is retarded, all I'm saying is it wouldn't affect the way the Arena formula works, as it would affect it for everyone and the ratings are based on relative values rather than absolute ones.

All things being equal, players would gain the same amount of assists, and there'd be no change in the overall positions if everyone was evenly matched.

What it would do is more accurately reflect the level of teamwork that someone put in, and stop/reduce the bullshit where a player helps his team out a lot, but gets no credit for it.

zumphry

Banned
Watching Waypoint's videos now. Breakpoint looks like it might become the best Invasion map. Can't wait to see what Tempest is like.

Dax01 said:
I entered in my Halo: CE Mac key. Should the option appear automatically or does it take a couple of hours?

Usually I think it takes a few hours, might be faster now since it's not so close to launch, though.

Blueblur1

Shack News posted some videos of the maps and it's pretty telling that I paused and closed the Breakpoint video in less than a minute.
Me no likey Invasion.

Ramirez

MrBig said:
Is there still a cR cap? I think I'm at 60,000 today and have gotten ~200k in the last 2 days.

outside.jpg

:p

Anyways, I really hope they don't waste anymore resources on Invasion in future map packs. So much potential, and executed miserably, just let it die.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Anyways, I really hope they don't waste anymore resources on Invasion in future map packs. So much potential, and executed miserably, just let it die.

Invasion is awesome, it just needs more maps (not invasion slayer). I and I'm sure many others think it's really good, and hope to see it improved and expanded upon in future Halos.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure, but it isn't a waste of resources.

That said, starting with AR/Pistols is boring as hell.

Ramirez

Alienshogun said:
Invasion is awesome, it just needs more maps (not invasion slayer). I and I'm sure many others think it's really good, and hope to see it improved and expanded upon in future Halos.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure, but it isn't a waste of resources.

Yea man, Phase 3 where the entire team just camps with Shotguns and Swords is a blast. I've yet to see anyone cap the core on Phase 3 on BY, the thing resets quicker than flags in 4v4 games, and getting it outside in the first place is a victory in itself.

Gui_PT

Ramirez said:
Yea man, Phase 3 where the entire team just camps with Shotguns and Swords is a blast. I've yet to see anyone cap the core on Phase 3 on BY, the thing resets quicker than flags in 4v4 games, and getting it outside in the first place is a victory in itself.

I agree with that. But as shogun said, the map is to blame for that, especially Boneyard.

Giving people loadouts with shotgun or grenade launcher in a very small room with not many entrances is just awful. That whole 3rd phase just begs for camping.

But this new map looks different. The core is just in a large hole with 2 giant entrances with very little protection or places to camp.

We'll just have to wait and see how Invasion plays on that map.

GhaleonEB

So starting the quest for the two Multiplayer Challenges, I did Rumble Pit for the first time. Likely aided by being new to the playlist and thus matched up with a less skilled/experienced batch of lads, the result was 25 kills, 3 assists. And to get the last two assists I started pulling my shots, just stripping shields off of guys and letting them wander into death. They're not easy to get.

That one game did serious good to my K/D ratio. :lol

I liked Cliffhanger, though. Fun FFA map.
Shake Appeal said:
Nope, sorry, I know what my opinion is. You must be thinking of yours.

Just played it again, FFA Headhunter. Better the second time.

MrBig

Ramirez said:
Oh gosh that's only with about 3.5 hours of playing each day.
2k per match now and I got a bunch of commendations this weekend.

kylej

Banned
Striker said:
Probably same dudes who designed Narrows and High Ground's spawns.

Remember when they "fixed" Narrows by making the spawns random? It was better when you at least knew where to look once you had top mid. I guess they were trying to get us ready for the lack of any map control in Reach.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Holy end of the media embargo Batman!

Videos are great, these maps are looking hot. I'm hearing Anchor 9 is getting a lot of praise - unexpected because initially it seems the most gimmicky.

As usual Waypoint has the best quality, full length videos.

Ramirez said:
http://flyguysbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/outside.jpg[IMG]

:P

Anyways, I really hope they don't waste anymore resources on Invasion in future map packs. So much potential, and executed miserably, just let it die.[/QUOTE]
:lol :lol :lol :lol [spoiler]that was totally me when i was a kid[/spoiler]

kylej said:
I hope a 4v4 symmetrical map pack is next. Hell I'll take a Pit/Construct/Guardian/Narrows remake pack.
The Pit, Guardian, and Narrows have already been faithfully reconstructed both aesthetically and functionally within Reach's Forgeworld by the ForgeHub community.

In fact, we played very fun games of Elite Slayer on 'Narrows', and Team Slayer on "The Pit" during this past Reach-GAF Customs. :D hell even the 'Rat's Nest' map we played on this past customs was amazing
ly fun.

Lazslo

Hey can any of the Audiophiles in HaloGaf recommend me a decent pair of headphones to purchase. I'm looking for something in the $50-$100 price range. If anyone has a pair they really enjoy and would recommend -It would really help. I recently wore a friends DJ headphones while playing Reach and noticed all the glorious noise I was missing out on. Any information would help as I know little to nothing about video game headphones.

I think everyone here is in the 150-300 USD range regarding headphones. If your going to go stereo only then look at the lower level Astros and Trittons.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Try Harder.

GhaleonEB

Hey guyz here's my MP impressions since I had my first real time with it today working the Challenges. Nine games, Rumble Pit; I "won" all but two.

Cliffside is not as bad as you guys led me to believe. It's nice and simple but effective FFA layout. I had a lot of fun on it.

The Cage is at least as bad as you led me to believe. I think it might be the worst Halo shipping map I've played. The sight lines are just really weird and it's got some very strangely designed areas. It feels very cluttered and if it was just pared back a ways it might work.

Pinnacle is terrible.

Sword Base is not much better.

FFA Headhunter is awesome. Awesome enough to be fun even on The Cage.

Juggernaut Boardwalk is not awesome.

Several of these maps don't have spawn systems set up for FFA to work very well. Maybe they just can't be good FFA maps but it felt like the spawning system was worse than in Halo 3.

Elite Slayer is a hell spawn of pain and misery. My typical experiences: film one, film two.

The Pistol/AR/DMR balance is magical.

Had fun, much more fun (Elite Slayer aside) despite not liking over half the maps and hating certain aspects of the sandbox (that would be Armor Lock) and gameplay design (that would be everything having to do with melee combat). But that might be because True Skill hasn't caught up with me yet and I'm flying high.

Nine games turned my K/D from .65 or so to positive.

Highlight of the night.

reach_10135274_Full.jpg

The new maps look great. They seem too play awesome, and artistically they really do shine. Im impressed. I also am pleased to see they switched up Invasion a tad with Breakpoint, I hope its a sign of things to come. We definitely need some new stand out things introduced from time to time to make things interesting.
Terminal, or something like it? =(

Im only sad that it isn't snowing on Breakpoint. For some reason always love snowfall in games.

8 days.

Zel3

GENERAL GET! It only took 11 days of gameplay. :lol
reach_10109087_Medium.jpg

I don't know how I feel about the ranking system. In Halo 3 I only managed to get Brigadier General, now I have all this pressure to do good in games because of my rank when it only means I play a lot and doesn't reflect my skill level. :[

feel

4 dailies get!

Zel3 said:
reach_10109087_Medium.jpg

I don't know how I feel about the ranking system. In Halo 3 I only managed to get Brigadier General, now I have all this pressure to do good in games because of my rank when it only means I play a lot and doesn't reflect my skill level. :[
Grats and don't worry, most people don't care if you do good or not based on rank, unless you start trash talking in the pregame lobby.

Lazslo said:
Hey can any of the Audiophiles in HaloGaf recommend me a decent pair of headphones to purchase. I'm looking for something in the $50-$100 price range. If anyone has a pair they really enjoy and would recommend -It would really help. I recently wore a friends DJ headphones while playing Reach and noticed all the glorious noise I was missing out on. Any information would help as I know little to nothing about video game headphones.

Not console specific, but if you can baby them, Grado's have really fucking awesome sound. You can get the SR60's or SR80's for that price range. Unfortunately, the build quality is pretty shitty, and you'll need a separate mic.

Otherwise, I've been really happy with the Tritton AX720 ($120ish)

zumphry

Banned
Zel3 said:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/Sylux3/reach_10109087_Medium.jpg

Damn, Security Shoulders (I think the Mark V, which I have now, looks better than VI in Reach). At least my upcoming breaks due to the holidays will hopefully get me near to Brig/General.

Then I'll just be like 2 years to get to the final rank for Security Helmet.

Zel3

ZayneH said:
Damn, Security Shoulders (I think the Mark V, which I have now, looks better than VI in Reach). At least my upcoming breaks due to the holidays will hopefully get me near to Brig/General.

Then I'll just be like 2 years to get to the final rank for Security Helmet.
You don't have to be final rank to buy the Security Helmet. You need to be a General and you can buy it for 250k. I personally regret buying the Mark VI for 300k.. should have just waited for Security. :p

zumphry

Banned
Zel3 said:
You don't have to be final rank to buy the Security Helmet. You need to be a General and you can buy it for 250k. I personally regret buying the Mark VI for 300k.. should have just waited for Security. :p

Oh, wow, really? I thought it was the final rank. Guess I can stop playing after that then. :lol

You slow the fuck down, I called Security back when all the haters were calling it 'ugly'...

All y'all joining the Security Helmet club? :) Security Helmet-bros 4 life, mang!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Got 2 challenges today on the road to 16. I got the 100 kills and the 20 assists one. I just couldn't convince myself that I wanted to search firefight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom