• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

By comparing it to BoB and Rome he meant high budget tv show, not that it would be in the same style as those. Halo TV series could work.

Striker

timetokill said:
I don't think nades are too powerful, they're just too plentiful
It was worse in Halo 3. At one point in Team Slayer on Construct during my last moments on that POS map, I viewed theater just to casually count how many grenades were scattered around the gold lift from dead bodies. There were 23 frag grenades just sitting there waiting to be picked up and carelessly tossed around without any train of thought.

They disappear more frequently in Reach, thankfully, but still isn't completely at a desirable position. Halo 2 never felt horrid in grenade spam (outside Midship and its plasma grenade starts).

MrBig

Striker said:
It was worse in Halo 3. At one point in Team Slayer on Construct during my last moments on that POS map, I viewed theater just to casually count how many grenades were scattered around the gold lift from dead bodies. There were 23 frag grenades just sitting there waiting to be picked up and carelessly tossed around without any train of thought.

They disappear more frequently in Reach, thankfully, but still isn't completely at a desirable position. Halo 2 never felt horrid in grenade spam (outside Midship and its plasma grenade starts).
Drops disappear too quickly in reach, often times when I die with a sniper and run from spawn to get it, it will have disappeared by the time I get there, even if I don't stop.

MrBig said:
Drops disappear too quickly in reach, often times when I die with a sniper and run from spawn to get it, it will have disappeared by the time I get there, even if I don't stop.
You've got 30 seconds. I start a clock in my head if I'm a distance from something.

electricpirate said:
the last part is correct, but I just tested it in a custom game, and nope. and nades won't detonate other nades that are on the ground.
Not true, I've seen it happen plenty of times in MM. At least with plasma grenades that are lying around. Someone (or myself) will hurl out a grenade only to witness all the grenades on the ground set off creating tons of blue explosions. It's pretty crazy.

Squall ASF said:
Not true, I've seen it happen plenty of times in MM. At least with plasma grenades that are lying around. Someone (or myself) will hurl out a grenade only to witness all the grenades on the ground set off creating tons of blue explosions. It's pretty crazy.
The only way for a grenade on the ground to explode is if someone shoots it. Grenades (both types) don't set other grenades off.

Squall ASF said:

only in firefight.

Seriously, go try it yourself.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
electricpirate said:
the last part is correct, but I just tested it in a custom game, and nope. and nades won't detonate other nades that are on the ground.

Yeah, just tested it out myself, I guess they disabled it for matchmaking, but I'm 99% sure the grenades still chain react in firefight and campaign.

Sibylus

Banned
Epyon MX said:
So it's been two months now, so maybe someone knows the answer to this:

On LNoS, when you first
board the Corvette, there's low-gravity and what looks like no O2 (all non-masked Covies are dead). Then when you kill the last Covie in the Hangar, air & grav are restored. Any idea why there's no grav in the first place and why it gets magically restored? UNSC AI attack? A result of the engine damage?
This bugs me not being able to figure it out :p
It coincides with an atmospheric re-pressurization, and you can see dead Covenant as you say. The attack is probably what triggered the loss of gravity and atmosphere in the first place, judging by the rapidity of loss. Restoration then would naturally come from inside, whether that be through Covenant action from the bridge or a side-effect of Six's fiddling with the hangar shield controls (inclined to believe the former).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
Yeah, just tested it out myself, I guess they disabled it for matchmaking, but I'm 99% sure the grenades still chain react in firefight and campaign.
Yes they definitely do in Firefight, I am absolutely sure of this from the times Grunts have thrown plasmas behind me and set off chain reactions with the other plasmas behind me.

Jobiensis

Alienshogun said:
I'm 99% sure the grenades still chain react in firefight and campaign.

They do, when I'm camping a spot in sniperfight, I need to shoot a grenade here and there to keep the area clean otherwise one erratic grenade sends the area up in a plasma fireball.

krakov

Shake Appeal said:
Is it a known issue that people can get up on the cliff face of Asylum, or should I send a film to someone at Bungie?

Pretty sure this is possible on all the maps built in that space unfortunately.

Dax01 said:
The only way for a grenade on the ground to explode is if someone shoots it. Grenades (both types) don't set other grenades off.
Must have been a glitch then because I've seen it without witnessing any fire. Perhaps the first explosion disguised the line of fire as it hit the other grenades immediately after the first explosion *shrug*

kylej

Banned
Striker said:
It was worse in Halo 3. At one point in Team Slayer on Construct during my last moments on that POS map

Hey now, Construct was pretty damn awesome without radar. With Radar and AR starts though.... god help us all.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Zeouterlimits said:
343 Homies - what's with the resolution? All the new silverlight stuff has been really low res for me 90% of the time.
If it's dynamically changing it's doing a really bad job of it.

Are you only having issues on the website or are you also getting lo-res on the console?

It's supposed to be dynamically changing. I'll check into it.

Zeouterlimits said:
Just on the website, never had a problem with the console version, is wonderful.
Agree totally.

Urk, that interview was super fun. I think the sweet spot was the way you'd keep darting away from the camera as if it was the Spartan Laser and you just forgot to go with Armour Lock. Now until the future.

Edit: It's nice to see that Sage shaved.
Lolololololololol

Kuroyume

Banned
Cheesiest class in the game HAS to be the AL Elite class.

AL + Needler + Stickies

CHRIST

Also, this jetpack challenge is so fucking annoying. Having to use the jetpack is annoying enough, but I know I've killed people while jetpacking and the stupid medal doesn't show up. So far I only have 6 jetpack kills when I should have like 15 or something.

feel

Zeouterlimits said:
Captain Sexy Beard of the U.S.S. AL giving a Noble Pack interview (Derek Carroll there too).
Quite good actually...

343 Homies - what's with the resolution? All the new silverlight stuff has been really low res for me 90% of the time.
If it's dynamically changing it's doing a really bad job of it.
Nice. So the gorgeous Tempest (which is on a Halo! didn't realize that before, cool) will also work on 4v4. Hyped!! Please be the Valhalla we need, not the one we deserve (because of all the bitching).

Kuroyume said:
I know I've killed people while jetpacking and the stupid medal doesn't show up. So far I only have 6 jetpack kills when I should have like 15 or something.
Gotta have it activated. This will catch you out.

Protip: Throw nade and use jetpack as it explodes.

Commentary was awesome. Hi-Larry-Us. Map looks great.

Looking forward to the inevitable Red Team Map pack that has a covenant space station that lets us fly banshees from inside to space and then back again.

Hydranockz said:
Agree totally.

Urk, that interview was super fun. I think the sweet spot was the way you'd keep darting away from the camera as if it was the Spartan Laser and you just forgot to go with Armour Lock. Now until the future.

Lolololololololol

:lol

That wasnt Sage. That was Frankie!
Just joking!

Great video, Ive gotta hand it to Derek and Urk, they had good answers to the questions, must be pretty annoying and tiring talking to the press non stop so kudos to them.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hydranockz said:
Agree totally.

Lolololololololol
"I'm gonna ask you some questions, but don't look at me. And don't look at the camera, either."

Man, I'd had so much caffeine. :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Burnt out the dailies when they went live this morning. Got Cook 'em, Clean 'em in a single game, A Solid Outing in a single game and the 10 Elites one in a single FF game afterwards. The 125 enemies took a handful of SWAT games to polish off.

Managed to get my first MM Onyx commendation for Jack of All Trades.

Hate the jet-pack dailies - forcing me to switch from BJ to Recon. I end up forgetting how to reload, jump and melee but luckily enough the AR still sprays well.

I need more CR though. I'm just over halfway from Colonel Grade 3 to Brig.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm at the first stage of Colonel and looking at the rank thing I have like 1,000,000+ more cR to go before that Security helmet. :lol

GhaleonEB

How to spot a new father: they sway back and forth while in conversation. I was doing it for two years after #1 came along.

Fun interview. Maps look really good.

feel

urk said:
"I'm gonna ask you some questions, but don't look at me. And don't look at the camera, either."

Man, I'd had so much caffeine. :)
Kind of looked like you were dodging DMR shots there for a sec.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Looks to me that he really had to pee.
Nah, that dance is different. Trust me, I'm an expert.

(My five year old was doing it earlier today.)

Time to spray the AR while jetpacking.

Edit: Challenge is bugged. I killed three guys with the Needler and two more with grenades while jetpacking. Only the grenades counted. Gonna be a long night.

Striker

Kuroyume said:
I'm at the first stage of Colonel and looking at the rank thing I have like 1,000,000+ more cR to go before that Security helmet. :lol
I just want the gold visor left. I do love my Mark V, but also like the look of the Commando.

I'd like to ask a dumb question that I'm sure has been answered in one form or another.

Is there a chance that the Firefight maps could be used for MP? I know the point is to make money off the DLC, but since it's unanimously accepted that the MP is lacking in maps, wouldn't the Firefight maps strengthen the lineup?

I think Beachhead would make a great map in the vein of High Ground.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kuroyume said:
Cheesiest class in the game HAS to be the AL Elite class.

AL + Needler + Stickies

CHRIST

Also, this jetpack challenge is so fucking annoying. Having to use the jetpack is annoying enough, but I know I've killed people while jetpacking and the stupid medal doesn't show up. So far I only have 6 jetpack kills when I should have like 15 or something.
Doesn't sound like your doing it right, you can't just be in the air(from jetpacking) to get the kill you have to stay pressing the AA button so that you're still jetpacking so that you get the kill, the best way to do this is to just get the enemy to one shot then start you jetpacking.

Also Bungie should lift the daily cap, now that they're upping the cR amount for challenges.

Kuroyume said:
Dont say that! :( I just got to Lt. Colonel Grade 3... :[

also, mandatory
5KAoR.gif
24yzntl.png

GhaleonEB said:
Edit: Challenge is bugged. I killed three guys with the Needler and two more with grenades while jetpacking. Only the grenades counted. Gonna be a long night.
You sure? You gotta make sure that your jetpack is firing its thrusters when you get the kill. You can't be falling as you get the kill; it won't count.

feel

Missing Heroic Demon, but I'll leave it at 7/16 for today, score attack almost never gives you elites, and no close friends online, I don't really enjoy playing laggy firefight with randoms.

GhaleonEB said:
You must be pressing and holding the jetpack button the very instant you get the kill. Feathering it doesn't work most of the time. Just run around with the DMR playing normally, 4-shot the enemy, and press and hold the jetpack button while going for the headshot.

edit- sigh.. ended the night with a 1 v 4 game of Elite Slayer

2uix8wg.jpg

Striker

Letters said:
Missing Heroic Demon, but I'll leave it at 7/16 for today, score attack almost never gives you elites, and no close friends online, I don't really enjoy playing laggy firefight with randoms.
I got it in one FF game; guys chose Sniperfight (I joined with two randoms) and I said, screw it. Once Rangers dropped they got me fairly decent numbers.

The bonus round was nuts. There were at least 10-12 Hunters and all the tough skulls were on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:

Score attack sniperfight gives you 4 rangers at the end of each round.

3 sniperfights and you're done.

Back on the forgeworld spawn issues.

Is the spawn issue really not that big of a deal to anyone?

These two guys spawn right infront of me with their backs to me, how in the world has Bungie not fixed this yet?

Please fix these broken spawns.

On the bright side, just hit commander and was glad to see the bump in credits you get post game upon making that rank.

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:
Yeah it's seriously lame and not intuitive if you're using the default settings.
It's the equivalent of a challenge about sniping, without telling you that you have to be scoped.

Edit: and done, 8/16 for the week. I hope like hell the Challenges tomorrow are light on MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom