• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

I don't know if I've ever played a game so often, that frustrates me so much.
I can't figure it out.

Trying to decide if I'm buying a mappack or not. I really wanted to love this game, but armor lock and the overall pace just bugs me. I don't know if new maps is really going to do it for me or not.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sai-kun said:
shy.png
Meet me out back.

Mdwfe.gif

Letters said:
It really sucks that there's no constant on-screen warning anymore when your flag is taken or away from base. I easily lose track of wtf is going on, bah I'll just stick to slayer when not with a talkative and coordinating group.

Yup, has happened to me numerous times where we don't hear the announcer, and boom we find out they have our flag. I think at the score it has a little arrow to tell you if it is away, but it is hardly noticeable. That would be something that I would love in a patch.

So, I just watched the Gamestop Noble Map Pack commercial for the first time. I think it's silly how they do pre-orders for DLC now.

But I must admit it's getting me pretty excited. Can't wait for some new BTB maps.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
That ornament is SO going on my tree this year. :lol

Nice way to ratchet up the Aerospace buzz, too.

Yeah, what is awesome is that my birthday is the 26th so happy birthday me. :lol

Per Audacia Ad Astra tee (which really looks like late 90's typefont/design), and Aerospace tee are mine (with the ornament, of course).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Buckethead said:
Grr. Can't get an assist today to save my life.

My teammates are getting all of them, I'm getting credited for some kills that aren't mine. Oh well.
I got the kill and assist dailies in the same game from playing Arena. I was getting more kills than usual in Arena. Usually I just let ny nooby teammates get the power weapons but I was getting somes snipes and rockets.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:
The game is atrocious when it comes to competitive play, I've given up on Arena. Maybe the removal of AL will help a bit, but the spawns are still SO bad. People shouldn't be spawning behind and in front of people on a regular basis like that video you posted the other day, I see that all the time and am the victim of it as well.
Ah, see now I see why your always on about AL and bloom and whatnot in Reach.

Glad I stayed the hell away from the Arena/Competitive scene and decided to enjoy the game at a leisurely pace. Love me some Elite Slayer, mmm.

Step 1: Armor Lock.
Step 2: Stick.
Step 3: Armor Lock again.
Step 4: ????
Step 5. We all lose in the end.

Raide

Mornin! Anyone else think it would be great to have something added to the GUI display during Objective games? For Invasion games, it would be much easier to have 2 small bars than indicate how much time the objectives have left and also which one is being taken. Having to spin around to get the objective in my view is just annoying.

This could extend to other games like CTF where the GUI is just not telling you enough information. I hate loosing track of my own flag. :lol

Falt

Bungie Aerospace has me intrigued. A quick google led to an article that theorised that Aerospace might be the engine that Bungie has developed for 343i to work with on future Halo iterations. Why would you put your engine on a t-shirt, just seems a little off to me. Hrmm.

Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, big boo-urns for Bungie not getting international shipping together.

Amen. I've been waiting over 6 years. C'mon!

Raide

Nice, woke up early to get the Ordnance Challenge finally done and got it in my first game of PowerHouse. Love that Grenade Launcher. :D

Sai-kun

Banned
1000cR Blastin' and Relaxin'
Kill 90 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

2000cR The Little Guys
Kill 200 Grunts in Campaign today on Normal or harder.

1500cR Roast 'em, Toast 'em
Kill 35 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal.

2000cR Nature vs. Nurture
Kill 15 Moa in Winter Contingency on Normal or harder.

fuckyoupng.jpg

But seriously, thanks for the cR, Bungie. :lol

kylej said:
Here are grenades that instantly bail out the scrub who can't DMR you.
Oh God, you just reminded me I wanted to tear a clip out of one of last night's games where I come around the corner and perfectly five-shot a guy while he hits me twice, but then he kills me from the grave anyway with a desperation frag because there's no way to avoid frags in a small corridor unless you have AL, and I was using hologram.

So. Annoying.

Edit: Is that Moa thing a new challenge? Awesome. Almost makes up for moar jetpacken.

Magni

Fuck Jetpack challenges. Bungie fails for not including X Humper and Razer fails by not releasing their Onza (where the fuck is it?).

*starts Exodus*

GhaleonEB

remz said:
Hmmm. need to find a place to kill many grunts quickly
Looking at my stats, I killed 86 Grunts on the first level last time through. Many of them at the rally point where Kat's trying to close the door.

remz

First and second levels were indeed the place to be. Thanks guys. :D just have to get six challenges during the rest of the week.

For the record, there is exactly 7 grunts in the first encounter on Sword Base

Eurogamer have started a new series of opinion articles called 'Why I Hate...' and the first game to get the treatment is Halo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-why-i-hate-halo-opinion

So why does Halo make me so angry? Why do I bang on pub tables and shout at bemused Wetherspoons patrons about it?

Well, because I never know what the hell is going on. What's more, this otherwise remarkable game never tries hard to enough to make me care about what the hell is going on.

I've completed every single Halo game but I couldn't really tell you what the Covenant's beef is, apart from being holier than thou. I have no idea why the Arbiter turns goodie or what a Halo is really for.

At no stage of playing Reach did I understand what was going on, apart the fact my increasingly meagre squad had been given a magic doofer by a bit-part scientist and had to carry it somewhere iconic.

Remember Reach? Well Bungie, you'll have to explain to me just what Reach is beyond a couple of casual cut-scene mentions a couple of games back. Perhaps over an intimate Powerpoint presentation. Then we can talk.

And no, I won't read the bloody books.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
Looking at my stats, I killed 86 Grunts on the first level last time through. Many of them at the rally point where Kat's trying to close the door.

From Bravo Point to the end of the level, you kill about 40 grunts.
You'll kill more grunts while doing the other challenges, so it's a pretty fast challenge.

Jinjo

This was one fucking tight game. Epic choke by that jugger-guy at the end when he needed only one kill. I was trailing hard from the beginning until I magically learned how to use the pro-pipe properly. :lol That started a pretty big comeback, just didn't quite make it in the end.

kylej said:
Yeah I think I've hit my competitive limit too. It will always be fun to crap on terrible kids in MM but trying to play a real game of Halo is pointless. There's zero rhyme or reason to the spawns. It is literally impossible to have any meaningful strategies when the game spawns enemies above, below and on top of you.

I never ever ever have played a game that feel like it rewards you less for having skill. Have really good aim? Welp, your enemies can now turn invincible whenever they want to. Here are grenades that instantly bail out the scrub who can't DMR you. Here's a guy spawning behind you while you're still trying to regain shields. Here's a melee system that nullifies your upper-hand. Bleh.

But hey, at least shield doors are making a comeback.

Ive avoided posting about this stuff but it really does feel like Bungie put in roadblocks to stop people being better than other people at the game. :lol

"That guy can aim really well and shoot really fast!" - Just put in bloom, thatl soon stop him.

"That guy can out manouvre everyone" - Just nerf movement, that will soon put an end to it.

"He's still killing me!!!" - Just put in armour lock, if we cant stop him from doing well, we can at least make ourselves invincible.

I know thats not how it went down at all, this is just a bit of a joke. Reach is a lot of fun when you play stuff like BTB, but I really do miss the aspects that made competative Halo fun in the past.

Sibylus

Banned
The Exodus jetpack challenges are pretty easy to knock out. Load up Rally Point Bravo, jetpack up to the spire at the last jump, and just hold down jetpack in little hops when you're about to finish an enemy.

Raide

Botolf said:
The Exodus jetpack challenges are pretty easy to knock out. Load up Rally Point Bravo, jetpack up to the spire at the last jump, and just hold down jetpack in little hops when you're about to finish an enemy.

Also works if you throw grenades. Just hop in the air before it explodes and get the challenge kills too!

Kuroyume

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Ive avoided posting about this stuff but it really does feel like Bungie put in roadblocks to stop people being better than other people at the game. :lol

"That guy can aim really well and shoot really fast!" - Just put in bloom, thatl soon stop him.

"That guy can out manouvre everyone" - Just nerf movement, that will soon put an end to it.

"He's still killing me!!!" - Just put in armour lock, if we cant stop him from doing well, we can at least make ourselves invincible.

I know thats not how it went down at all, this is just a bit of a joke. Reach is a lot of fun when you play stuff like BTB, but I really do miss the aspects that made competative Halo fun in the past.

Are you serious? :lol

The only things I would put under there is the stupid ass AR, grenade spam, and retarded melee lunge but those have all been in the previous games so... :lol

Raide

TheOddOne said:
I'm more intrested in Anchor 9, I love the look and feel of it.

Yeah, it is a different feel from the current maps we have.

Hopefully the DLC will have 3 maps + Forge Maps included too.

Kuroyume said:
Valhalla would be redundant. We need maps that play differently, not maps that play slightly differently from maps already in the game.
No it wouldn't. The way Valhalla plays is different enough from any map in the game currently.

Anyway, the quicklook videos for Tempest and Breakpoint are up.

Raide

TheOddOne said:
With the release next week, has this been confirmed yet?

Nothing confirmed. I know they are looking at maps plus they have the Forge Competition ending in a few days, so the December Update sounds more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom