• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojo said:
21mw3v6.jpg

aww yeah
You did it.

You beat Halo.

Raide

LosDaddie said:
Happy Turkey Day, HaloGAF

How are you guys getting these done so quick? Any tips would be appreciated.

Which ones are you stuck on?

For me, any that are kill x number of enemies, usually Score Attack and SniperFight.

Most of the finish x map with x skulls on, I do on the very first mission.

If its get x number of points on a mission, I use Mission 8 New Alexandria and kill Banshees and Drop Ships with all skulls on.

MP Challenges, I usually go to SWAT for x number of kills, Team Slayer for AA challenges and Invasion for Assists.

Lothars

I wish I would have seen the weekly challenge before today because it means now I have to do the rest of the challenges for the week to get it.

I am gonna try at least but who knows if I will be able to.

LosDaddie

Banned
Raide said:
Which ones are you stuck on?

Thanks, but I'm not stuck. I haven't played REach yet today.

It just seemed like you guys got these Daily Challenges done real quick. So I just wanted to know what you guys did.

Raide

LosDaddie said:

It just seemed like you guys got these Daily Challenges done real quick. So I just wanted to know what you guys did.

I tend to go to the same levels and gametypes to get challenges done. Unless they make me go for another level, I will do whatever is the fastest legitimate way to get the challenge done.

I tend to get the FF ones done quickly. The MP ones, especially the assist ones can drag out a little bit too much. Depends on luck too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
LosDaddie said:

i just fired up winter cont. from the start for the moa challenge, then exodus (also from the start) for the jet packing challenge. the 200 grunts and 90 enemies were earned going for those other two.

easy, fun, and didnt feel like i was grinding (except for the 5 min to get the jetpackin one)

Sibylus

Banned
I figure I'm going to split my singleplayer campaign review into three parts, for sake of better readability and getting the thing out sooner. Hoping to have the first part up today.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mikasangelos said:
sall good bro, be safe!

Thanks!

I'm alive, it wasn't the worst storm ever, and definitely an oddity for November, but bleh, tornados are common around here.

Now to get these dailies done sometime today between cooking, eating and farting. :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone who lives in the U.S, for everyone else, happy Thursday!

GhaleonEB said:
That ornament is SO going on my tree this year. :lol

Nice way to ratchet up the Aerospace buzz, too.

Yep, ordered mine too!

Kuroyume

Banned
Did them all but shit I hate campaign challenges. I've played way too much of this campaign to the point where it's completely boring. If there were new levels to download I would feel differently about it. I prefer the randomness of multiplayer.

pakkit

Banned
I've put 3+ days into the online multiplayer...and I still haven't completed the campaign or played more than a single round of firefight.

I am not American, but in the spirit of the day, and against the spirit of negativity that so often chokes the goddamn life out of this and other HaloGAF threads, here are 7 things I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful for the Arena, both for the thinking behind it and for its slow development into the best available playlist.
2. I am thankful for the grenade launcher, the Reach magnum, and the DMR, three weapons new to this game that I cannot imagine now doing without.
3. I am thankful that Reach's campaign is the best in the series.
4. I am thankful that the MLG playlist is just around the corner.
5. I am thankful for Countdown, the clear and standout winner of Best New Map.
6. I am thankful that there are three proper real actual noble new maps coming on Tuesday, and especially that one was built for 4v4 and another designed at least in the spirit of Valhalla.
7. I am thankful for HaloGAF and all who sail in her, even the cranky ones who complain all the livelong day while ploughing hour after hour of their lives into the online play they apparently resent and despise so very much.

Big kiss!

Shake Appeal said:
7. I am thankful for HaloGAF and all who sail in her, even the cranky ones who complain all the livelong day while ploughing hour after hour of their lives into the online play they apparently resent and despise so very much.

Big kiss!
Shake Appeal likes everyone from HaloGaf NANANA! Shake Appeal and the HaloGAF community are sitting on a tree kissing.

Finished all daily todays. I only have to do 7 more Dailies to get the 16000cR woot!

GhaleonEB

My daughter appreciated today's Challenges very much. She played through Winter Contingency on Normal and got a 4k+ cR payout - her largest so far - and got promoted to a Warrant Officer. She's saving for Cortana as a Firefight voice, so this got her a decent chunk of the way there.

Today's are a nice mix, I really like the daily variety like this. And slaughtering Moa is always fun. :lol

Kuroyume

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
I am not American, but in the spirit of the day, and against the spirit of negativity that so often chokes the goddamn life out of this and other HaloGAF threads, here are 7 things I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful for the Arena, both for the thinking behind it and for its slow development into the best available playlist.
2. I am thankful for the grenade launcher, the Reach magnum, and the DMR, three weapons new to this game that I cannot imagine now doing without.
6. I am thankful that there are three proper real actual noble new maps coming on Tuesday, and especially that one was built for 4v4 and another designed at least in the spirit of Valhalla.

Big kiss!

tumblr_lccohbAesK1qdp3m1o1_500.gif

I'm 8/16 towards the weekly now. Hopefully the rest of the week is easy.

I like having ain't variety in the challenges, instead of simply going into standard matchmaking.

I'm thankful for Shake Appeal. And Ghaleon. And Sai-Kun. And Dani. And Urk. And Mancannon. And Dan. And Tashi. And BlueBlur. And Botolf. And Zeouterlimits. And everyone else I'm forgetting/too lazy to list.

Shake Appeal said:

Big kiss!

:lol

I think I fit the general description for number 7, I try and stop, but bitching comes naturally. :( Gotta say im thankful for HaloGaf cos its a awesome community even when I am probably spamming the thread up. Happy thanksgiving AmericaGaf

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:
I'm thankful for Shake Appeal. And Ghaleon. And Sai-Kun. And Dani. And Urk. And Mancannon. And Dan. And Tashi. And BlueBlur. And Botolf. And Zeouterlimits. And everyone else I'm forgetting/too lazy to list.

Shut up Dax, Bah Humbug!

Now that that's out of the way, Aww, thanks Shake you're such a sweetie, :D .

Just got back from pounding turkey and pie, bout to get on and knock some dailies out, then some MM if anyone is on.

BlueScrote said:
I'm 8/16 towards the weekly now. Hopefully the rest of the week is easy.

I like having ain't variety in the challenges, instead of simply going into standard matchmaking.

I'm 15/16. I refused to do the jetpacking MM one! :lol

Big love in. <3
HaloGAF is awesome, and I am very thankful for the years of enjoyment everyone has brought me.

Fun games tonight, but I'm unhappily surprised by the fact players can get up onto the very high mountain edge to the left of blue-base (as you face it) on Haemorrhage.
The kill roof should prevent that or it there shouldn't be a standable ledge there at all.

Made for a satisfying kill-joy mind you.

Zeouterlimits said:
Fun games tonight, but I'm unhappily surprised by the fact players can get up onto the very high mountain edge to the left of blue-base (as you face it) on Haemorrhage.
The kill roof should prevent that or it there shouldn't be a standable ledge there at all.

Agreed.

MrBig

There should just be a kill barrier roof covering the whole area of the sky, it's not like they have a banshee in the map. Would solve a lot of problems and prevent people from just finding a new place to hide.

Striker

Elite Slayer should permanently placed on larger maps like Boneyard, Spire, Paradiso, and Hemorrhage. I played one on Hemorrhage and it's more enjoyable than getting it in places like Zealot or Swordbase where it becomes sticky central. The amount of Ghosts and Armor Lock blasts makes it comical, but everything seems basic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What the hell, how did I never know about Green thumb controller setup before. Aside from jump being on A it's awesome, jumping doesn't seem as important in reach as prior Halos anyway.

I think I found a new control scheme to get used to. :D

Alienshogun said:
What the hell, how did I never know about Green thumb controller setup before. Aside from jump being on A it's awesome, jumping doesn't seem as important in reach as prior Halos anyway.

I think I found a new control scheme to get used to. :D
Scoping is a real bitch with Green Thumb though...

MMaRsu

Please please please put in a playlist without any fucking forge created maps. They are shit, I am sick of them.

Need this mappack NOW :(.

Who am I kidding, this will never happen. Nevertheless I am sick of them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devin Olsen said:
Scoping is a real bitch with Green Thumb though...

It seems like it may take some getting used to, but the bumper is right there. I'm still getting accustomed in campaign, I'll see how it works in practice here soon.

MMaRsu said:
Please please please put in a playlist without any fucking forge created maps. They are shit, I am sick of them.

Need this mappack NOW :(.

Who am I kidding, this will never happen. Nevertheless I am sick of them.

They wouldn't be so bad if the spawns weren't complete shit in them.

Falt

Weekly done. Got the 200 grunt kills + 35 Jet Pack kills on Exodus finishing up the weekly. Netted myself 22k+ worth of credits. Feels good but barely made a dint on Colonel Grade 1.

cR wise, this is the weekly which all other weeklies should be judged!

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
*awkwardly goes in for group hug while others are already hugging*
*grabs someone's ass at random*

13/16 for the week. So I'll knock off the weekly tomorrow or Sunday depending on the MP Challenges.

Had a good time romping through Campaign missions today killing Grunts. Unique ones like the Moa slaughter are a lot of fun. (Jetpacking is what I skipped though.)
Alienshogun said:
Just refresh the part in Exodus where you first get the jetpack killing grunts and Jackels 3 times. It went really fast, 14/16 here.
Nah. I got enough jepacking trying for the MP version the other day. It's not fun so I'll skip it. I just need 3/8 over the next two days so I'll wait for more appealing ones.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:

13/16 for the week. So I'll knock off the weekly tomorrow or Sunday depending on the MP Challenges.

Had a good time romping through Campaign missions today killing Grunts. Unique ones like the Moa slaughter are a lot of fun. (Jetpacking is what I skipped though.)

Just refresh the part in Exodus where you first get the jetpack killing grunts and Jackels 3 times. It went really fast, 14/16 here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GhaleonEB said:

Nah. I got enough jepacking trying for the MP version the other day. It's not fun so I'll skip it. I just need 3/8 over the next two days so I'll wait for more appealing ones.
I searched the entire Island and only got 14/15 Moa. I raged.

Then I hit restart level and life became so much better.

GhaleonEB

Earlier today, the 360 gave an error message (E71) when I booted it not a good sign.

A call to Xbox support and a session unplugging and plugging in cables later, it worked again.

Just now: RRoD. It's dead, Jim. Third time, and it's finally well outside the warranty period. Time for a slim.

So now I'm scouring Black Friday ads for the best place to pick up a system. Might end up hitting Wal-Mart at midnight.

The best part: I had a spare HDD transfer cable laying around until about six months ago when I pitched it, right before the new 360 was announced. Ideally, I'd like to find a system and a transfer cable. Do stores have them?

I'm going to get this Weekly Challenge if it fucking kills me. :lol

Edit: Fred Meyer at 5am, here I come. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom