• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Stackboy said:
Wasn't sure if I could play both BLOPS and Reach together, but it turns out I can juggle them both, probably for the next year.

Which is convenient since the next COD will be out then. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Earlier today, the 360 gave an error message (E71) when I booted it not a good sign.

A call to Xbox support and a session unplugging and plugging in cables later, it worked again.

Just now: RRoD. It's dead, Jim. Third time, and it's finally well outside the warranty period. Time for a slim.

So now I'm scouring Black Friday ads for the best place to pick up a system. Might end up hitting Wal-Mart at midnight.

The best part: I had a spare HDD transfer cable laying around until about six months ago when I pitched it, right before the new 360 was announced. Ideally, I'd like to find a system and a transfer cable. Do stores have them?

I'm going to get this Weekly Challenge if it fucking kills me. :lol

Edit: Fred Meyer at 5am, here I come. :\

Amazon has a 250gb slim with Alan wake and Forza for 299. I just bought it for my brother.

Sorry to hear about that though bud.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
Amazon has a 250gb slim with Alan wake and Forza for 299. I just bought it for my brother.

Sorry to hear about that though bud.
Fred Meyer is doing a $299 250 GB bundle with those games and a $50 gift card from 5am to 11am, so I'm going to brave the crowds. My wife is doing Wal-Mart at midnight, so I'm taking the Fred Meyer shift.

First time either of us has done a Black Friday run. I'm sick as hell, naturally. But I will not be deterred.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Fred Meyer is doing a $299 250 GB bundle with those games and a $50 gift card from 5am to 11am, so I'm going to brave the crowds. My wife is doing Wal-Mart at midnight, so I'm taking the Fred Meyer shift.

First time either of us has done a Black Friday run. I'm sick as hell, naturally. But I will not be deterred.
Kick ass dude, more power to you!
Hope you have plenty of coco/java to keep you warm.

On a side note, I just finished my Group project powerpoint, which happens to be the last thing I have to do this semester, now to relax the rest of the weekend! :D

neoism

GhaleonEB said:
Earlier today, the 360 gave an error message (E71) when I booted it not a good sign.

A call to Xbox support and a session unplugging and plugging in cables later, it worked again.

Just now: RRoD. It's dead, Jim. Third time, and it's finally well outside the warranty period. Time for a slim.

So now I'm scouring Black Friday ads for the best place to pick up a system. Might end up hitting Wal-Mart at midnight.

The best part: I had a spare HDD transfer cable laying around until about six months ago when I pitched it, right before the new 360 was announced. Ideally, I'd like to find a system and a transfer cable. Do stores have them?

I'm going to get this Weekly Challenge if it fucking kills me. :lol

Edit: Fred Meyer at 5am, here I come. :\
Ghal if your system is old... just do the towel trick.
Put 2 or more towels around the sytem..
turn on for about 10-15min...
Let cool for about 30 min...
See if it worked.
I did this and it worked for about 5 to 10 hours... but of course it varies.

Also you should do what I did.
The Reach system is the fourth system I've bought... I've never got a RROD too lol
But just call them and say my system ROOD. I got 3 systems fixed for free, and a one month. I have an spare just in case.... I'm sure you wouldn't lie but I just didn't care. I will get the 2 year or a longer warranty through Microsoft. for the reach system because I love it soo much. Can you do it on xbox.com... I really don't want to go through CS.?? :/

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
neoism said:
Ghal if your system is old... just do the towel trick.
Put 2 or more towels around the sytem..
turn on for about 10-15min...
Let cool for about 30 min...
See if it worked.
I did this and it worked for about 5 to 10 hours... but of course it varies.

Also you should do what I did.
The Reach system is the fourth system I've bought... I've never got a RROD too lol
But just call them and say my system ROOD. I got 3 systems fixed for free, and a one month. I have an spare just in case.... I'm sure you wouldn't lie but I just didn't care. I will get the 2 year or a longer warranty through Microsoft. for the reach system because I love it soo much. Can you do it on xbox.com... I really don't want to go through CS.?? :/

Holy crap dude, are you tanked?!?

Ghaleon, I think I recall you talking about how your system was having a few issues in the "how many xboxes have you been through?" thread, and you said it was probably about to die soon.

Looks like you were right on the ball.:lol

Toddler

GhaleonEB said:

104bed01-0c44-4bd0-a003-578cef707ce5.jpg

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Ghaleon, I think I recall you talking about how your system was having a few issues in the "how many xboxes have you been through?" thread, and you said it was probably about to die soon.

Looks like you were right on the ball.:lol
Yeah, the writing was on the wall. I think I'll go follow-up on that post now. :lol

Alienshogun said:
Kick ass dude, more power to you!
Hope you have plenty of coco/java to keep you warm.

On a side note, I just finished my Group project powerpoint, which happens to be the last thing I have to do this semester, now to relax the rest of the weekend! :D
Congrats, enjoy the weekend.

If you are getting the bundle with Alan Wake, you really need to play it, it is such a good game. Make sure to play at night with the lights off, really does wonders with the games atmosphere.

Sai-kun

Banned
I am thankful for all the friends I've made here in the past 3 years :3 I hate a lot of your opinions (spartan laser is fine i swear!), but you guys are all pretty fuckin cool people! :D

ohgosh.png

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
I am thankful for all the friends I've made here in the past 3 years :3 I hate a lot of your opinions (spartan laser is fine i swear!), but you guys are all pretty fuckin cool people! :D

ohgosh.png

I'm gonna spartan lazer your chocolate starfish, pew pew.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alienshogun said:
Translation - someone give me free XBL time.
:lol

Not really, people don't have month subs laying around and are willing to give them for free anyways. But it's kind of depressing knowing that you won't be able to play all the new maps or do the majority of the challenges once the map pack comes out :/ I only have a day or two to do the weekly that week at most.

Holy crap that's next monday. November has went by so fast.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
enzo_gt said:

Not really, people don't have month subs laying around and are willing to give them for free anyways. But it's kind of depressing knowing that you won't be able to play all the new maps or do the majority of the challenges once the map pack comes out :/ I only have a day or two to do the weekly that week at most.

Holy crap that's next monday. November has went by so fast.

Translation - "not really, but seriously, really."

Are you guys ready for Sculli's Wild Ride? I knew you were!

Extra big pics for an extra big adventure!

xpbj4l.jpg

- Here I go!
- Oh no.
- What's he doing?
- Jesus...

2i2p8g.jpg

Oh we totally got this shit guys. See, this is why Sculli doesn't ride bitch. Nothing can stop us now.

23upsvt.jpg

So anyway, where do you guys wanna do lunch after this?

28iujys.jpg

Aeeeeeee!

1zevbeu.jpg

Situation Normal.

1zch0kh.jpg

All Fucked Up.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
40px-Bnet-challenge-icon0.png
Shootin' and Lootin' - 3000cR
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

40px-Bnet-challenge-icon0.png
Gunslinger - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

40px-Bnet-challenge-icon2.png
Leadership Element - 1500cR
Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today.

40px-Bnet-challenge-icon4.png
Double Nickels - 1500cR
Earn 2 Killing Sprees in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Gui_PT

Nice easy challenges today.

We'll probably see quite a few campers trying to get Killing Sprees, but other than that, it's fine.

zumphry

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Nice easy challenges today.

We'll probably see quite a few campers trying to get Killing Sprees, but other than that, it's fine.

You think you'll be on later today so we can get together for some Invasion or Big Team? Might be able to get the Killing Sprees there.

Gui_PT

ZayneH said:
You think you'll be on later today so we can get together for some Invasion or Big Team? Might be able to get the Killing Sprees there.

I'll probably be here all day. Just message me or post something here on gaf.

Raide

ZayneH said:

Multi-team and some Crazy King should do the job too. :D

I missed the HaloGaf loving, and subsequent dailies, because of a massive project I had due today :lol

I am thankful that mods haven't 'accidentally' lost this thread in their database while Ghaleon was asleep.

Nice to not see any meltdowns post-launch and the arguing has never been personal or anything. Roll on map pack ^^

GhaleonEB

I has a new Xbox, and a transfer cable.

And a cold that's gone from icky to something that wants to kill me. Which is understandable, considering I got up at 3:30 and stood out in near-freezing rain.

LordAlu

enzo_gt said:
I did Multi Team for this. It was Elite Slayer :( but the map was Powerhouse, just got the hammer and sat in the building where the Grenade Launcher usually is and hammered anyone who entered. Had to use Armor Lock too since there was grenades and AL left right and centre as with every Elite Slayer match.

GhaleonEB said:
I has a new Xbox, and a transfer cable.

And a cold that's gone from icky to something that wants to kill me. Which is understandable, considering I got up at 3:30 and stood out in near-freezing rain.

Can't believe you did, especially if you were sick.

Falt

I wonder if a killing frenzy would work for Double Nickels. As far as medals go, does a killing frenzy give you two killing spree medals?

Falt said:
I wonder if a killing frenzy would work for Double Nickels. As far as medals go, does a killing frenzy give you two killing spree medals?
If I remember rightly from last time, when I complained about it, a Killing Frenzy does not count. You need two, distinct Killing Spree medals.

Gui_PT

Falt said:

Won't work. Has to be 2 killing sprees. At least that was the case with the 1st time this challenge came out.

Willeth

Just had that in Invasion Slayer. A frenzy doesn't pop it.

I got another spree later on, but man, I would have been angry if not. Not counting a killing frenzy as two sprees is a really odd decision.

I took a break from Halo and come back to see a really awesome weekly challenge. I started yesterday. So I guess theoretically I could get every daily challenge from now until Sunday but it seems unlikely. :-(

They should make it two Killing Frenzys in one game and make it worth 5k. :D

Its why in my opinion Contracts from BlOps crush the Bungie Challenges because if you're actually good you can take on the harder challenges for better rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom