• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

I think I'll play Living Dead for Killing Sprees.

I forgot to two challenges on Monday and Tuesday, and left that 200 grunt one yesterday.

I'm stoked to see that 16000 credits show up. I was expecting insanely hard challenges this week looking at the weekly.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
I has a new Xbox, and a transfer cable.

And a cold that's gone from icky to something that wants to kill me. Which is understandable, considering I got up at 3:30 and stood out in near-freezing rain.

You got a new Xbox, my wife got me New Vegas, we both win! Hope you don't die from your uber cold!

Now to get some dailies done!

Think I'll just use the target designator on Oni with thunderstorm on to knock two of those out.

GhaleonEB said:
I has a new Xbox, and a transfer cable.

And a cold that's gone from icky to something that wants to kill me. Which is understandable, considering I got up at 3:30 and stood out in near-freezing rain.

Congrats! I upgrade to slim too recently. Do you want to sell your transfer cable when you're done?

MrBig

brokenwatch said:
Congrats! I upgrade to slim too recently. Do you want to sell your transfer cable when you're done?
You know you can just call Microsoft and they'll send you one for free. I did it a year or two ago.

What have the best weeklys been so far? The 16 challanges this week was the best. I also liked playing through the entire campaign at release. Getting all the dailys in a day was alright but not somthing I'd want repeated a lot but wouldn't mind a couple times a year after a more grindy one. I completed the 1000 matchmaking kills and it was a little too much. I didn't absolutely hate it (I did shoot for it) but it was a lot for a normal guy to do. Same with winning 80 matchmaking games.

What types of weekly challenges would you like to see that you could reasonably expect Bungie to be able to put together seeing what they have done so far?

I'd suggest a weekly challenge of playing through every level of the campaign playthrough on Legendary during the week. People can complete that by themselves to get the achievement, play it with friends online to make it easier, and play with skulls if they want to make it a challenge/wacky. Its too long for a daily but still completable. Maybe during the week throw up some "complete xx level with xx skulls" type dailys for kicks?

Another one should be Bungie putting new firefight hopper out there with a specific match. Winning the firefight would give the challenge complete. Allow four people in. Then make the firefight somthing super specific with a set amount of lives, these weapons, etc etc. Basically Bungie making a hard challenging custom firefight and making us play through that through a multiplayer hopper.

Just liking this weeks weekly challenge has started me thinking on others I would like...

Presco

brokenwatch said:
No, is there something specific I need to say to convince them to send it for free?

If you have a 16 GB USB (or any size, really) then use that. I didn't bother with a transfer cable when I bought the Reach console. Just copied my profile, gamesaves and content to a USB stick and transferred that way. Worked fine and was much faster vs. when I did use a transfer cable on the old 20 GB to 120 GB conversion.

Kujo

Blergmeister said:
What types of weekly challenges would you like to see that you could reasonably expect Bungie to be able to put together seeing what they have done so far?
Betray 100 people in matchmaking this week - 1,000cr
Use the Armor Lock ability in 100 games this week - 10,000cr
Link your Gamertag to Bungie.net - 100,000cr
Don't play Black Ops this week, please - 1,000,000cr

I'm really, really starting to miss Halo 3's BTB. And I don't know how long I can go without some proper BTB. In the Quick Look video, Bungie said that Tempest is a little too small for 8v8...so that leaves Breakpoint as the only map suitable for BTB? But that map is made for Invasion first, and given past experience – Spire and Boneyard – Invasion maps don't work well in BTB.

Honestly, if there is ever a reason for me to stop playing Reach's multiplayer, it's not because of any of the gameplay changes (overall), it's implementation and lackluster support for the modes that really matter. Firefight is nice, but why are there eight Firefight maps while BTB only has two?

In the end, I hope Bungie's ambitions don't end up compromising the longevity of the game.

Dax01 said:
I'm really, really starting to miss Halo 3's BTB. And I don't know how long I can go without some proper BTB. In the Quick Look video, Bungie said that Tempest is a little too small for 8v8...so that leaves Breakpoint as the only map suitable for BTB? But that map is made for Invasion first, and given past experience – Spire and Boneyard – Invasion maps don't work well in BTB.

Honestly, if there is ever a reason for me to stop playing Reach's multiplayer, it's not because of any of the gameplay changes (overall), it's implementation and lackluster support for the modes that really matter. Firefight is nice, but why are there eight Firefight maps while BTB only has two?

In the end, I hope Bungie's ambitions don't end up compromising the longevity of the game.

This might not be technically possible, but some of the Firefight maps look like they could work well for Multiplayer, In the beta Overlook (?) was a makeshift multiplayer map, so with a bit of care couldnt some of those maps transition into multiplayer?

Im probably odd, but I really like Spire as a BTB map, im hoping forge stuff gets put in though, ive seen a handful of maps that would work well in BTB.

GhaleonEB

So, has anyone done the HDD transfer to the new system? I'm following the instructions that came with the transfer kit, and got the new system set up. The instructions say to plug in the transfer kit to the old HDD, then into the new console and wait for the transfer data prompt to appear.

Only, it's not appearing. Nothing happens. Not sure what to do and I can't find anything online.

Edit: NM, got it working. Had to do the initial setup first.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey You said:
Not sure. I looked through the first page and saw some of his posts, but nothing that really jumped out.

*waits for mod to come in here and explain*
I don't think lightning will strike twice on this one. The last time people asked it derailed the whole thread, this time I think we'll just get backhanded.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
Who the fuck is juices?!?
That guy who's still here.
Mojo said:
Betray 100 people in matchmaking this week - 1,000cr
Use the Armor Lock ability in 100 games this week - 10,000cr
Link your Gamertag to Bungie.net - 100,000cr
Don't play Black Ops this week, please - 1,000,000cr
Damn Bungie is really stepping up on those challenges, har har.

plywood you sly motherfucker, you know im trying to win "The Contest", Is that Selena Gomez?:lol

Shogun, you dont know who xxjuicesxx is? I dont either... Hes the bro from HaloGAF who i don't know much about except he posts here and i guess has got some history with the older HaloGAF bros. :lol :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
plywood you sly motherfucker, you know im trying to win "The Contest", so how the hell am I supposed to keep it under control with that avatar of yours? Is that Selena Gomez?:lol

Alien you dont know who xxjuicesxx is? Hes the bro from HaloGAF who i don't know much about except he posts here and i guess has got some history with the older HaloGAF bros. :lol :lol

Cuban did you just wake up?!? I'm kidding, and I'm sure Juices knows I'm kidding too. I did the same thing to Baldy McFrankenpuff

Roche

GhaleonEB said:
The best part: I had a spare HDD transfer cable laying around until about six months ago when I pitched it, right before the new 360 was announced. Ideally, I'd like to find a system and a transfer cable. Do stores have them?

I'm not sure stores have them anymore, you could always use a USB stick and manually transfer everything if you've got a lot of stuff it'll likely be a pain but probably easier than finding a transfer cable.

Edit: Just realized I've had a stupid moment ignore me please :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Cuban Legend said:
plywood you sly motherfucker, you know im trying to win "The Contest", Is that Selena Gomez?:lol

Shogun, you dont know who xxjuicesxx is? I dont either... Hes the bro from HaloGAF who i don't know much about except he posts here and i guess has got some history with the older HaloGAF bros. :lol :lol
I'll be right back...

In other news, noble map pack 4 days~

Striker

Dax01 said:
re: Tempest... I think they said it can be set as a 4v4 map, but its also a varied map between Valhalla-Standoff, if I believe them right. So it makes sense for it to be another 2-side BTB map that can fit the mold of 4v4 Slayer and Objective.

Playing yesterday and it made me immediately think, the weighting of the BTB game modes are lackluster. Why Boardwalk and Countdown are in an 8v8 mode is really beyond me. How is this "competitive" exactly? The gametypes that should show up most in an 8v8 playlist is Slayer, CTF, and Assault. I hardly see Assault show up, CTF was shown, but only in 1-flag variety on symmetrical maps, no less. 1-flag on Spire isn't too bad, but I still wish they would adjust some of the amount of vehicles in there. Each team gets the same vehicles and half the map is only being used.

In my view, it should be set as:

Most weighting - Multi-CTF, Neutral Bomb, Team Slayer

After that tier, it should be Multi-Bomb, 1-CTF, 1-Bomb

The lowest weights and gametypes that only show up via No Votes from the first voting stage is Stockpile and Headhunter. It's hilarious. The BTB page on Bungie.net shows NO ASSAULT gametypes listed. I was sure it did before, but currently it lists none for BTB at this very moment. Would love to know why Assault gets neglected but Elite Slayer and BTB Snipers are somehow included.

RdN

Argh.. I can't STAND playing Elite Slayer.. Why the **** people love it so much. This damn Armor Lock fest sucks so much..

/rage :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Holy haddock, Batman! Noble maps so soon!

Was going to try to get the double killing spree daily today. Then I realised I already have the weekly finished and it isn't worth the aggravation. It either happens or not.

RdN said:
Argh.. I can't STAND playing Elite Slayer.. Why the **** people love it so much. This damn Armor Lock fest sucks so much..

/rage :(

I like playing as an Elite because of the increased movement speed and jump height. Almost feels like "proper" Halo. Almost.

In Multi-Team, I think players flock to it because it's hard to stay alive. Bad players usually die quickly in a normal game but Elite Slayer in MT it's very hard even for the good players to stay alive for long.

Think of it as the great equaliser. The bad players that you'd beat in a regular game getting their sticky, Armour Lock-drenched revenge.

feel

Invasion ruined BTB. I knew it would happen the second it was announced. I'm just glad Tempest seems to work on 4v4, so that at least I'm getting 2 new maps to play on this pack. Will continue to mostly ignore BTB until a TU fixes vehicle balance and some proper maps come out.

Anchor 9 outside area seems like a deathtrap to anyone without a jetpack eh? Any type of shove or bad jump and you're left drifting away without a way to come back to the station.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
New map?

According to this dude, there is, Elegy. Also, apparently Arena FFA may be coming.

You folks know the deal, huge grain of salt, etc. I'm thinking it's old discarded info and he's confusing it with something new.

Also, the MLG PLaylist continues getting prepped.

mlg.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Juices is both the day and the night. He hides his true HaloGAF love behind a curtain of sarcasm and under a shell of rudeness. He hates, because...he loves.

This is Juices

Is the forgetacular contest done yet?

No I haven't read the rules but I really hope there are at least 10 winners or at least a couple winners for different gametype specific maps.

They need to hurry the fuck up.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lead Based Paint said:
Is the forgetacular contest done yet?

No I haven't read the rules but I really hope there are at least 10 winners or at least a couple winners for different gametype specific maps.

They need to hurry the fuck up.

Have you considered the logistics of it all? Even with their in-house test team, it's no small task.

I think we'll hear more shortly after the contest ends (same day as the Noble DLC).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bungie please fix your Living Dead playlist, for like the last 20+ games I have played I have been either zombie the whole game or zombie for two rounds, this happens way to often.

edit: Also take out zombies on Sword Base people camping on the back wall suck.

Kibbles

The new maps look pretty sweet from the videos. I'm more of a BTB guy in Reach, so Breakpoint looked great. It was nice to see all the vehicles and objective stuff. Tempest looks like a fun medium sized map, and Anchor 9 looks cool.

I'm pretty disappointed they didn't show off the new forge objects of Tempest though.

Presco said:
If you have a 16 GB USB (or any size, really) then use that. I didn't bother with a transfer cable when I bought the Reach console. Just copied my profile, gamesaves and content to a USB stick and transferred that way. Worked fine and was much faster vs. when I did use a transfer cable on the old 20 GB to 120 GB conversion.

I have a 4G one, but it says a lot of my stuff is locked. I thought the transfer cable could get around this.

Man, I'm really loving Beachhead for Score Attack now. My new personal goal is to outdo myself with splatters, so far this is my best game with 55. Challenge extended, GAF. :D

Also, finally sent off my Forgetacular submission for Crown of Flies for Team Slayer. Fileset is here if anyone's interested in downloading and throwing some 'likes' my way. Fingers crossed.

squidhands said:
Man, I'm really loving Beachhead for Score Attack now. My new personal goal is to outdo myself with splatters, so far this is my best game with 55. Challenge extended, GAF. :D

If it weren't for those little fuckers and their plasma overcharge, I'd drive around more often. I suck at driving in Halo.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:

Also, finally sent off my Forgetacular submission for Crown of Flies for Team Slayer. Fileset is here if anyone's interested in downloading and throwing some 'likes' my way. Fingers crossed.
Edit: NM, you did.

I downloaded the latest version. I liked this map a lot. We should try to play it with the correct number of players this time. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom