• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhaleonEB said:
Edit: NM, you did.

I downloaded the latest version. I liked this map a lot. We should try to play it with the correct number of players this time. :lol
That would be great. I'd love to play some BTB on Crossroads as well. I'll be on later tonight if some customs are happening.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
That would be great. I'd love to play some BTB on Crossroads as well. I'll be on later tonight if some customs are happening.
I'll be on tomorrow, hopefully there's the regular customs. Last week attendance was sparse and I suspect it will be again this weekend with the holiday, so some smaller maps might be in order.

I'm going to try and have Sandybridge ready for tomorrow, I'm on weapon placement, then spawns and objectives. Might not have enough people to test it, but we'll see.

For the heck of it I searched the "contest-btb" tag on bungie.net and am downloading a ton of maps to check out the competition. Hopefully there are some gems for customs.

(Site note: now I have to re-download everything in my history to get the licenses back, after four calls to the Xbox support line. This. Is. Boring.)

MrBig

LAUGHTREY said:
There aren't even things to block the lifts on Zealot, MLG had to use sandbags and Covenant cover.
Oh, I have never even bothered going on on any maps besides boneyard and forgeworld for forge. But since there are barriers on the map I would assume they would think of this.

Arnie

Ramirez said:
Did you watch the video? I'm not seeing it at all...
Yea just watched the G4TV video. I'm not seeing it either, hype tempered. I just don't know how it's like The Pit besides being symmetrical.

Miggytronz

Ghaleon,

If your interested i have a close friend who fixes RROD xbox's for a living. $35 i believe just for a RROD fix. Thats if you wanna fix your current unit and sell it.

His XBL GT is Prosepheus.

GhaleonEB said:
I'll be on tomorrow, hopefully there's the regular customs. Last week attendance was sparse and I suspect it will be again this weekend with the holiday, so some smaller maps might be in order.

I'm going to try and have Sandybridge ready for tomorrow, I'm on weapon placement, then spawns and objectives. Might not have enough people to test it, but we'll see.

For the heck of it I searched the "contest-btb" tag on bungie.net and am downloading a ton of maps to check out the competition. Hopefully there are some gems for customs.

(Site note: now I have to re-download everything in my history to get the licenses back, after four calls to the Xbox support line. This. Is. Boring.)
Not submitted to the contest, but this is a pretty sweet map. The bases are insanely built, can't wait to play some games on it.

Plywood said:
The guy was thinking of the mauler and got the two confused.
I know, I know, and once I realised the spiker was in the game... I have never seen it besides on customs... that I am aware of anyway. Are there any in MM atm?

Striker

Hydranockz said:
I know, I know, and once I realised the spiker was in the game... I have never seen it besides on customs... that I am aware of anyway. Are there any in MM atm?
Don't believe so, but can't see why. It isn't useless like it is in Halo 3.

Veelk

Banned
Striker said:
Don't believe so, but can't see why. It isn't useless like it is in Halo 3.
I don't get the hate for it. I got some kills with it in 3. At the very least, it's as useful duel wielded as the AR was.

Plus, I just love the idea of shooting a stream of spikes, tearing the opponents body to shreds. And meleeing someone with those bladed tusks felt more powerful (even if it wasn't)

That said, I can see why it's no where to be found in Halo Reach. It's a sprayer and prayer's wet dream. HUGE ammo clip, very fast reload, and no bloom. There is no point to it with the AR in place.

Arnie said:
Yea just watched the G4TV video. I'm not seeing it either, hype tempered. I just don't know how it's like The Pit besides being symmetrical.

The layout of the main room seems to echo the pit, with two main levels, and a large roadway bisected by a central structure. In the commentary vids they also mention that the combat ranges are pretty similar.

shield doors will probably ruin it for competitive play though. Should be fun for 2 flag CTF at least.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Elites should be able to sprint it'd probably look funny as hell though. Also they should give one of the loadouts the concussion rifle.

RdN said:
Argh.. I can't STAND playing Elite Slayer.. Why the **** people love it so much. This damn Armor Lock fest sucks so much..

/rage :(

Imagine a bunch of Mario Kart players getting to choose "All Blue Shells" mode or something stupid like that. Pretty much what it is.

Hey You said:
Whats the best mission for the Leadership Element Challenge?
Lone Wolf. You can do it on Normal with no skulls on. Every Elite that spawns is a Leadership Elite (i.e. Spawns with a group of grunts).

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
Whats the best mission for the Leadership Element Challenge?
I did it on ONI Sword Base, with the Thunderstorm skull on. That got me 36/45 on one play through. ~10 minutes into the second play and I had it.

Whatever level you do, make sure Thunderstorm is turned on and you're on Heroic. That will make the level heavily populated with leadership Elites or Brutes.

Edit: or do the above if you don't actually want to do a level.

I'm excited about finally getting my Mark V helmet.

5210107892_2db9ae367e_d.jpg

Big fan of the weekly challenge for getting me to Lt. Colonel.

Lazslo

Tashi0106 said:
Juices is both the day and the night. He hides his true HaloGAF love behind a curtain of sarcasm and under a shell of rudeness. He hates, because...he loves.

This is Juices
That was beautiful bro

enzo_gt said:
Translation - someone give me free XBL time.
Yup. Found out my little bro had a gamertag associated with his email already and I want to get some games in with him before he goes back to college tomorrow.

Kuroyume

Banned
I HATE ATOM

Please just take that shit out of Multi Team. You hear and read how they want people to know exactly where they're going when they spawn in a map... And yet like 8 games (or more of Atom) later and it still feels confusing and random. I don't understand how you could make a map like that and have so few DMRs. I spawn and I'm getting shot at from 2 miles away by some turd with an AR. For such a huge map with so much shit thrown in it's unbelievable how hard it is to escape from somone shooting at you in there. I have to use AL in this map because the amount of grenades bouncing around and sniper range AR when I play on it is ridiculous.

OMG

Elite Slayer on Reflection (0 votes)

Slayer on Atom (0 votes)

Slayer on Powerhouse (1 vote -Me)

Other ( 7 votes)

Next three things that show up are 2 Headhunters and Rocket Race

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kuroyume said:
I HATE ATOM

Please just take that shit out of Multi Team. You hear and read how they want people to know exactly where they're going when they spawn in a map... And yet like 8 games (or more of Atom) later and it still feels confusing and random. I don't understand how you could make a map like that and have so few DMRs. I spawn and I'm getting shot at from 2 miles away by some turd with an AR. For such a huge map with so much shit thrown in it's unbelievable how hard it is to escape from somone shooting at you in there. I have to use AL in this map because the amount of grenades bouncing around and sniper range AR when I play on it is ridiculous.

OMG

Elite Slayer on Reflection (0 votes)

Slayer on Atom (0 votes)

Slayer on Powerhouse (1 vote -Me)

Other ( 7 votes)

Next three things that show up are 2 Headhunters and Rocket Race

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU
Seriously, just get rid of Atom and Cliffhanger altogether. Such shitty, shitty maps chosen out of a community full of so many great custom maps. How they chose these two, I have no idea.

chapel

Banned
So I haven't played in some time, mostly been playing codblops. I only needed one more day of arena to be rated and ended up in silver! I actually knew I would end up silver, because the reach api shows your division after a few days being rated.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been playing Living Dead for like 2 fucking hours to try and get 2 killing sprees. I got to 1 and 4/5 for the other. Worst challenge ever, and I knew it when I saw it. Kill me now.

chapel

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I've been playing Living Dead for like 2 fucking hours to try and get 2 killing sprees. I got to 1 and 4/5 for the other. Worst challenge ever, and I knew it when I saw it. Kill me now.
Don't play that playlist. I got it the first game I played, Elite Slayer on Swordbase. When some of us were playing invasion, most of them got it in the first game.

HALP!! I need to get every challenge to get the weekly. I cannot get the double spree. I have tried multiteam, swat, btb, living dead. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom