• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Tashi0106 said:
I don't see it either. Leahy!!!!!!!!!! Explain yourself

Symmetrical map with two facing bases that are closed off to the rest of the map with a wall going down the middle of the map with one end have an enclosed passage and the other a more open passage and each side possessing a raised platform with a turret. It may not look much like The Pit superficially, but it seems to me like it would play somewhat similarly.

Self Induced said:
Yup. Found out my little bro had a gamertag associated with his email already and I want to get some games in with him before he goes back to college tomorrow.

Check your PMs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Self Induced said:
Yup. Found out my little bro had a gamertag associated with his email already and I want to get some games in with him before he goes back to college tomorrow.
I have a 48hr, want it?

edit: I see Oozer has it handled.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:

<3

I just got my Double Nickel in SWAT. I almost got it twice before I finally did on the 3rd game. I'd keep going with that or give normal 4v4 slayer a shot. Big Team and Multiteam are a little tougher I'd think because there are many more players on the map.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
<3

I just got my Double Nickel in SWAT. I almost got it twice before I finally did on the 3rd game. I'd keep going with that or give normal 4v4 slayer a shot. Big Team and Multiteam are a little tougher I'd think because there are many more players on the map.

All that and no extermination? WTF?!? :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
All that and no extermination? WTF?!? :lol

Lol I didn't care for that. I wish I saw that guy at top health pack for the overkill first instead of looking down at rocket spawn. Because then I would have had the Killamanjaro for sure just spawn killing down there from top health pack.

edit: Also, 9/16. I can only miss 1. If there are some crazy campaign ones Saturday and Sunday I'm probably gonna need help from you guys lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Lol I didn't care for that. I wish I saw that guy at top health pack for the overkill first instead of looking down at rocket spawn. Because then I would have had the Killamanjaro for sure just spawn killing down there from top health pack.

edit: Also, 9/16. I can only miss 1. If there are some crazy campaign ones Saturday and Sunday I'm probably gonna need help from you guys lol.

Yeah, I just think it's funny as hell you must have missed one guy out of the team for the extermination.

Kuroyume

Banned
I got it in Multi Team.

Multi Team Crazy King on Reflection

I used invis (which is my main) and just sat back throwing nades, pistol shooting, and meleeing someone in the back whenever they jumped in front of me.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:

I'm in the opposite situation, 15/16, so I just need one of the next eight. Thinking I was going to be gone from home right now had me pushing hard earlier in the week.

The game I get it will notch a promotion. For some reason I did a few extra games tonight to ensure that. It just seems right. :lol

The Game Complete bonus rising with each promotion is really noticeable now. I get 3-3.5k cR for a full Firefight game.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I skipped double nickel. I could barely get one killing spree tonight. :lol

11/16 so I am looking good as long as I can set aside some playtime over the next two days.

Sai-kun

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
So no one is going to mention when during an Invasion game tonight all of us on became each-others battlebros mid-match after a black screen? :lol

Dani
vhfive
Sai Kun
chapel
and Sinister Youth were there with me.

Spawning on each-other and switching battlefronts on the fly was amazing. :D

Oh yeah, I gotta put the film up.

That was nuts.

Also you forgot to mention that there were three rounds. We defended twice in a row, then attacked.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Sai-kun said:
Oh yeah, I gotta put the film up.

That was nuts.

Also you forgot to mention that there were three rounds. We defended twice in a row, then attacked.
Epic. Someone put up the entire film and I'll render it.

Ramirez

Man, I only had 5/16 challenges done today, logged on to do some, but I couldn't even muster the motivation to do 4 games of firefight for the 400 kill one, meh.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
More than a Handful - 1250cR
Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

A Friend in Need - 1000cR
Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

Survivor - 1200cR
Earn 7 Sprees in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

Katanarama - 1000cR
Kill 1 enemies using the Energy Sword in Firefight Matchmaking.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This is how Invasion should be played. Waypoints over each player and every teammate is your Spawn Bro.

invasionsogood.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Shake Appeal said:
Is that possible in customs? Surely having anyone able to spawn on anyone else makes it kinda a clusterfuck?

Not possible in Customs. It wasn't a clusterfuck at all, especially since, unlike normal Invasion, you could see the rest of your teammates positions - something you can do in every other Halo multiplayer game. Spawning on anyone just makes spawning more tactical.

In theory, suppose the entire team could attack Point B and die - all but one who is sneaking up to Point A then everyone could spawn on him and attack point B. Game breaking? I don't know but it would certain add an edge to Invasion, particularly rewarding teamwork (proper teamwork with the whole team and not just a Spawn Bro).

Makes identifying vehicle ownership easier too I imagine - a particular issue with Invasion.

Dani said:
Not possible in Customs. It wasn't a clusterfuck at all, especially since, unlike normal Invasion, you could see the rest of your teammates positions - something you can do in every other Halo multiplayer game. Spawning on anyone just makes spawning more tactical.

In theory, suppose the entire team could attack Point B and die - all but one who is sneaking up to Point A then everyone could spawn on him and attack point B. Game breaking? I don't know but it would certain add an edge to Invasion, particularly rewarding teamwork (proper teamwork with the whole team and not just a Spawn Bro).

Makes identifying vehicle ownership easier too I imagine - a particular issue with Invasion.
This would enforce you to kill all those who you encounter and make sure to seek out those who remain in a forward-spawning position. In regular invasion if you see just one spartan come up you should assume he has a forward spawning battlebro(usually me).

But in Invasion where everyone is a battlebro, you must push out away from your defense zone to engage those remaining as forward spawns, sure, their teammates wont be able to just sapwn on them while in combat or when enemies are nearby , or when near enemy territory (just like regular invasion). That in effect balances out everyone being a spawnpoint.

This effectively morphs the standard Invasion gametype into a sort of Hide-And-Seek-Halo, where Elites must hunt the Hiding Spartans to assure they dont amass large numbers of spawning battlebros from within hidden positions when one Spartan manages to be left alone (or manages to sneak past) undetected. Many new gametypes could be formed from this type of spawn system.

It being a bug in Halo Reach's should mean that it's possible for Bungie to reconstruct/repurpose it as a gametype officially. I imagine Living Dead and Zombie playlists would get a fresh new form of gameplay style from this varied gametype execution, with proper map/objective/weapon selection design.

Dax01 said:
How do you get an assist in Firefight?
I'm a magician. I had just shot everytime with the grenade launcher and than I got it. I was the first one, who had finished the challenge, right? After that Match we played another round but the game kicked me at the end of the first set.

Gui_PT

Just played a match of multi team. EVERYONE but me had Armor Lock.

Dear lord Bungie, just kill this beast. It was completely unplayable.

GhaleonEB

And the Weekly is mine. Felt good nabbing that and the promo to Commander Grade 1.

Best Weekly so far, and not just in the payout. Moar please. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom