• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani said:
This is how Invasion should be played. Waypoints over each player and every teammate is your Spawn Bro.

invasionsogood.jpg

I do hate how only your battle bro has a noticeable marker above his head. All of your teammates should. One time, I was pumping rounds into a Banshee only to realize a teammate was flying it. It's hard to tell when a non-battle bro is piloting something.

Ramirez

I got a killing frenzy in my first match last night, but didn't get the double nickel, pretty silly that it had to be two killing sprees specifically, getting a frenzy is essentially two KS, just a different name. :|

MMaRsu

Yea I got three killing sprees in two different games yesterday :lol . And like I said I went 25-2 on countdown ffa :lol

I'll have to render a clip of that

Walshicus

Grimm Fandango said:
I do hate how only your battle bro has a noticeable marker above his head. All of your teammates should. One time, I was pumping rounds into a Banshee only to realize a teammate was flying it. It's hard to tell when a non-battle bro is piloting something.
This. I mean I can understand that they would want to limit spawns to just the "Battle-Bro", but it is a bit silly not to have full awareness of other team member's positions.

Kuroyume

Banned
So I got my first Onyx commendation yesterday. Dome in Firefight. Now that I have it the thing says there are 20,000 (or something like that) kills until something else. I'm guessing there's not another rank so what happens when you get that? Still get any points?

Ramirez said:
I got a killing frenzy in my first match last night, but didn't get the double nickel, pretty silly that it had to be two killing sprees specifically, getting a frenzy is essentially two KS, just a different name. :|

I had the same problem, luckily, I managed to get another killing spree later in the game, but still, pretty stupid.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Kuroyume said:
So I got my first Onyx commendation yesterday. Dome in Firefight. Now that I have it the thing says there are 20,000 (or something like that) kills until something else. I'm guessing there's not another rank so what happens when you get that? Still get any points?

You get some points, and the onyx emblem is enveloped in flame.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Just finished a game in which I got 343 cR in commendations and 777 in the jackpot.:lol
Which reminds me.

I'd really like to see Credits integrated into my stats tracking on Bungie.net. Call it a Credit Report.

How many cumulative cR have I earned? How many per game? What's my average daily rate of earning cR? How does my cR pile break out by category (Game Complete, Performance, et.) When I click on a game to review the details, I'd like to see how many cR I got for it.

To me it's a stat, and one that's entirely missing from bungie.net.

Striker

Gui_PT said:
Just played a match of multi team. EVERYONE but me had Armor Lock.

Dear lord Bungie, just kill this beast. It was completely unplayable.
Expect people to use this mechanism in smaller maps where there is 12 people. I hate seeing 12 players on Pinnacle, Asylum, Zealot, Reflection, Powerhouse, etc. because they're all medium/small sized maps that should fit 8 just perfectly. But for 12, it is too much. Multi-team should be set on Paradiso, Spire, Hemorrhage, Boneyard, Boardwalk and Atom only. But that likely won't happen, unfortunately. Big reason (the map selection Bungie chose) I neglect Multi-team.

GhaleonEB said:
Which reminds me.

I'd really like to see Credits integrated into my stats tracking on Bungie.net. Call it a Credit Report.

How many cumulative cR have I earned? How many per game? What's my average daily rate of earning cR? How does my cR pile break out by category (Game Complete, Performance, et.) When I click on a game to review the details, I'd like to see how many cR I got for it.

To me it's a stat, and one that's entirely missing from bungie.net.
Oh yeah, that'd be great. I especially like the average daily rate, which would help me calculate when I'll get to my next rank.

Gui_PT

Striker said:
Expect people to use this mechanism in smaller maps where there is 12 people. I hate seeing 12 players on Pinnacle, Asylum, Zealot, Reflection, Powerhouse, etc. because they're all medium/small sized maps that should fit 8 just perfectly. But for 12, it is too much. Multi-team should be set on Paradiso, Spire, Hemorrhage, Boneyard, Boardwalk and Atom only. But that likely won't happen, unfortunately. Big reason (the map selection Bungie chose) I neglect Multi-team.

You're right about that, some maps feel really cramped. Maybe we'll see those changes in the next update.

But the problem of AL remains, it really stops the game and makes in unplayable. Or at least it's not fun.

Arnie

Can we agree that The Cage is the worst map in Halo history?

How they though it was balanced with one team spawning in some trough whilst the opposing team rain death from above. Just absolutely terrible.

GhaleonEB

Arnie said:

How they though it was balanced with one team spawning in some trough whilst the opposing team rain death from above. Just absolutely terrible.
I think it's the worst shipping map in the series, no question. I was honestly shocked when I played MM on it, I was expecting all the grief it got to be hyperbole. Nope.

Speaking of maps, I think Glacier should be pulled from FF matchmaking. I just played a game on it with two others, and the frame rate performance on it is so bad it borders on unplayable. Very, very jittery, with a lot of hard chugging.

Though, I got over 7k cR for the game, which I can't complain about. :D

Striker

Arnie said:

The Cage is without question the worst map in the game. Down to its spawns and having no purpose for skirmish games, it just boils down to a Slayer map, and even then it's fairly boring. I hope it's just weighted lowly if they just don't decide to dump it, but there's a bunch of other map remakes they could have done with the Forge World add-in.

Trying to play Firefight MM by yourself can get rather unpleasing. It's all about Rocketfight and Sniperfight. People rather not be challenged but instead spawn with power weapons and have unlimited ammo. I got the Sword Challenge in a game of Rocketfight and held onto it after so the others didn't get their chance. Their fault for picking the gametype!

vhfive said:
I don't know why they changed multi-team from 8 players to 12 to begin with.
There are a lot of weird design and matchmaking decisions in Reach that makes it seemed like, for Reach, Bungie unlearned everything from the last three years of managed Halo 3's playlists. Stuff like not having Swat and Snipers not having their own playlist at launch, and included into Team Slayer, just to name a few.

Striker

Dax01 said:
There are a lot of weird design and matchmaking decisions in Reach that makes it seemed like, for Reach, Bungie unlearned everything from the last three years of managed Halo 3's playlists. Stuff like not having Swat and Snipers not having their own playlist at launch, and included into Team Slayer, just to name a few.
This rolls back to Halo 2, actually. Halo 3 had problems with itself on playlists, as well, though in my view it still was quite poor even three years later. Halo 2 had a Team Snipers playlist and it was one of the more played playlist, and it didn't arrive in Halo 3 until a year later, if not longer. It got neglected in Reach until they added it back in recently along with SWAT. SWAT was often strong in numbers for Halo 3, even with having the Elite hit-box mishap and they should have figured adding it in nearly every playlist outside Arena was going to be a poor idea.

I much prefer Multi-team being 8 players with four teams, but if they wanted to roll with 12 players, make it four teams with three members each like it was for Halo 2. They used maps like Warlock and Foundation brilliantly for it. Neutral Bomb was pretty damn fun in Multi-team on Foundation with it.

vhfive said:
I don't know why they changed multi-team from 8 players to 12 to begin with.

This is pretty true.

In H3 I always felt like they needed to add a team . In Reach I feel like they need to subtract one.

Arnie said:

I have more issues with Pinnacle, personally. One team spawns with the rockets and shotgun, with a high probability of getting a sniper rifle as well. I just hate pinnacle with a passion, so maybe it's me being unreasonable.

Fellas, we're gonna try the last ForgeGAF customs before the Forgetacular Contest deadline in about 10 minutes. Anybody who wants to join to test a map, or just wants to help out your ForgeGAF brethren, please hop on :D Join: BEARCANO

witness

Got the Legendary edition today at gamestop for just $80, I never saw the deal online so I was shocked. Couldn't believe it, but I have to wait until christmas though since its my gift from my fiance =( That gigantic box is mocking me........

Ramirez

witness said:
Got the Legendary edition today at gamestop for just $80, I never saw the deal online so I was shocked. Couldn't believe it, but I have to wait until christmas though since its my gift from my fiance =( That gigantic box is mocking me........

Should wait a few months and it'll be 50 or lower. :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
witness said:

Not a huge surprise, it's even down to 100 dollars on Bungie.net's store.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
BlueScrote said:
I have more issues with Pinnacle, personally. One team spawns with the rockets and shotgun, with a high probability of getting a sniper rifle as well. I just hate pinnacle with a passion, so maybe it's me being unreasonable.

Nope, that's been a problem since 2, blue has always had the better spawn on that map. Same with Ivory tower and one team gets sniper and sword the other only gets rockets. I mean, it's not like there is this way to magically fix the weapon spawns and make them more even on a map or something wacky like that, so they've no choice but to keep the obvious and glaring imbalances that have been in the map since 2004.

ohwait

Ramirez

LAUGHTREY said:
Nope, that's been a problem since 2, blue has always had the better spawn on that map. Same with Ivory tower and one team gets sniper and sword the other only gets rockets. I mean, it's not like there is this way to magically fix the weapon spawns and make them more even on a map or something wacky like that, so they've no choice but to keep the obvious and glaring imbalances that have been in the map since 2004.

ohwait

You ask for too much, I'm sorry.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
if any of halogaf is around and would like to play customs, join forgegaf now.

add LoopOfHenle.

currently sitting in a lobby with a few players and i DESPERATELY need more players to get a film of my forgetacular map

Kuroyume

Banned
Spawn problems aside I still like the general layout of The Cage.

I also like that Multi Team is 12 player. I like the constant action. You always have to be aware of your surroundings so it's a totally different feel compared to the other playlists. I like that it's on the smaller maps because of that. I just wish ATOM was out of there because it doesn't play as well there. Although I like Multi Team, AL just ruins it. I recall people complaining about AL back in the beta and I just brushed it off as people just whining about yet another new addition to Halo. I didn't expect it to be abused as much. I never saw it used like that in the beta since everyone was busy trying out the other abilities... Never ran into a game where everyone was using it. It's absolutely horrible now.

AL+Melee+AL+Melee
AR+AL+Melee+AL
Grenade+AL+AR/Melee+AL

Etc.

FUCKING AWFUL

I'm not one of these guys that gets off on being good at the game because I'm totally not, but I hate some of the cheesy stuff present in this game. Beefing up the AR from the beta was completely stupid. DMR vs AR is still perfectly fine. DMR wins. Pistol vs AR on the other hand has been ruined and it agitates. Here you have some dude with a precision weapon having to actually bother to aim the thing at a specific spot, not to mention the limited clip size and mandatory reloading after the shield pop, and the guy with the pistol loses to the AR guy who only has to aim in the general direction without having to bother really aiming or reloading. It's bullshit.

I want to see Bungie remove AL from all playlists excluding Firefight and Campaign Co-op. Treat it like the bubble shield. Changes to how the thing functions won't be enough. It just needs to be pulled out completely. I also want to see them nerf the AR and beef the pistol back to what they were in the beta. The AR was still useful then but not overpowerd to point where it negates all the trouble someone has to get through to kill someone with the pistol.

Entire clip from the pistol + bloom + long reloading + Aiming to get the headshot

Ramirez

The drop off to the bottom mid of the Cage should be a ramp allowing you to go up that way as well. It's simply too hard to get trapped down there by sniper, your only two exits are a narrow walk way and a man cannon, map is pure garbage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
The drop off to the bottom mid of the Cage should be a ramp allowing you to go up that way as well. It's simply too hard to get trapped down there by sniper, your only two exits are a narrow walk way and a man cannon, map is pure garbage.
Agreed. That map should be played with Jetpacks only. You're fucking trapped no matter where you are.

Striker

I said before you should expect users to use AL in those maps if it's 12 people on small maps. It deflects all the grenade spam. If they want to make Multi-team less about AL usage, make it on Paradiso, Hemorrhage, Boneyard, Spire, Atom, and Boardwalk only. Larger maps with more open space and people won't always select one particular disliked ability. Spawns aside, they're still trash since Halo 3's Multi-team games, that's the best decision they could go in.

As for Reflection and power weapons, I haven't felt they were a large issue. The primary problem is Bungie having so many rockets for the launcher. It makes for some easy kills and people can become careless without getting hit for the ammo. Two rockets per spawn is how it should be. Same goes for the Rocket Launcher on every other map, and why it isn't in Hemorrhage is beyond me.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ramirez said:
I like when two of my team can be in the sniper tower, in the little cage and on health pack, the other team will just spawn down at sniper and it's an easy four kills every time.

Ramirez said:

Definitely. But even with that small change, the map is still pure garbage. The spawns are so predictable.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I think it's the worst shipping map in the series, no question. I was honestly shocked when I played MM on it, I was expecting all the grief it got to be hyperbole. Nope.

Even though we were playing against guys that weren't as good (which means they absolutely suck when I'm better than them), it's pretty bad that I could hold the middle of the map with a Shotgun.

Even though I got burned out of Midship and Lockout in Halo 2 due to everyone only wanting to play on them (but that's because they're two of the best maps), I'm bummed that the Lockout remake in Forge that they showed in one of the trailers for Forgeworld wasn't included in the disc or released into Matchmaking yet. Though, I'm sure that version would already be improved by the community (and has, judging by impressions), just like Asylum was by MLG.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, one thing I don't understand is why bungie hasn't looked up the best Remakes of older halo maps. They know that those maps work, no extensive play testing involved. The only uncertainty is if they will work with armor abilities, but it shouldn't be a major factor, right?

kylej

Banned
witness said:

.... what? I bought 15,000 Legendary Editions as an investment towards my retirement. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom