• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
The customs I played were fun. Sorry for jumping out like that, kitty needs to be played with I guess, she kept yanking out the LAN cable. Can I get a told. I'll probably have to invest in a wireless mic too.

This is her btw:
dusty06.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWs8Th1nbqs
Awwwwwww Macamuli

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
After he 'showcased' the maps, he went in to MM. Slayer Pro on the Cage. He sees a guy a spams the fuck out of the dmr before getting killed. I closed the window... after watching the bottom right of the screen for a bit longer :p

I wasn't even able to watch, just posted the link as my son woke up.

Sai-kun said:
Wait, when were the Aerospace t-shirts supposed to be available?

Supposed to be today.

Edit: Yep, they are on the last pages.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ghaelon,

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but the kill area on Sandybridge seemed a little low, I must've died from it like 4-5 times while just jetpacking over the bridge. Maybe raise it a bit?

Merguson

Banned
Haven't touched Halo Reach since October 31st.. I'm not even sure if the Noble Map Pack will be worth it if I'm not even playing the game at all..

Roche

Merguson said:
Haven't touched Halo Reach since October 31st.. I'm not even sure if the Noble Map Pack will be worth it if I'm not even playing the game at all..

Yeah I haven't played it in a while either, I keep thinking I should but I just have no motivation to start it up. I don't know if I'll get the new map pack at this point it's very depressing as I've never has this with any Halo before.

soldat7

Merguson said:

It's been much longer since I myself have played. Fired it up again today and oh how sweet it is.

Any tips for someone that's been out of the game for a while? DMR and Pistol still the way to go? Any big changes to be aware of?

kylej

Banned
Plywood said:
So for the sake of beating an old horse, will my Spartan ever update on bungie.net?

Bungie is too busy adding hysterical armor lock shenanigans to the map pack launch trailer. Give them a few months.

chapel

Banned
kylej said:
Bungie is too busy adding hysterical armor lock shenanigans to the map pack launch trailer. Give them a few months.
+1

Instead of admitting it is flawed, lets troll our community incessantly. Sounds about right.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chapel said:
+1

Instead of admitting it is flawed, lets troll our community incessantly. Sounds about right.
What would "admitting" its flawed do for them? Or us? Nothing.

AL is here to stay. It'll migrate it's way out of Arena and super competitive realms where those who complain about it incessantly dwell and then everyone will be happy in the end.

chapel

Banned
I don't care if they don't take it out of the game, I don't expect them to, but admitting that it is not balanced for the sandbox and ruins the gameplay would be nice. Instead they troll us. Mark my words, they will say later that AL was a mistake and shouldn't have been in the game.

Kuroyume

Banned
The outcry regarding seems to be mostly from people who haven't even touched Arena so no you're absolutely wrong. I mean... Arena is a pretty low populated playlist right?

Ramirez

Merguson said:

Yea, it's pretty depressing when a map pack for my favorite franchise has me at 0 hype. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kuroyume said:
The outcry regarding seems to be mostly from people who haven't even touched Arena so no you're absolutely wrong. I mean... Arena is a pretty low populated playlist right?
That and people hate it in Multi-Team Elite Slayer. Which is balls-to-the-wall kind of don't-give-a-fuck kind of fun. Yes it shouldn't be in the game, but maybe I'm the only one who isn't raging or throwing a controller at the TV for seeing people use it.

The hate is justified, but I have a feeling it upsets those in the competitive realm a lot more. Probably less now that it has moved its way out of some playlists.

Ramirez

AwesomeSyrup said:
I don't get the Armor Lock hate. I find it useless and never use it. It just delays people's deaths, and never saves them.

My main beef with it has always been that it completely stalls the game flow. Halo hasn't exactly ever been super fast paced, but AL brings it to a crawl, especially if more than one person is using it. It's also stupid that you can pulse it...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AwesomeSyrup said:
I don't get the Armor Lock hate. I find it useless and never use it. It just delays people's deaths, and never saves them.
It can get you unstuck, and also completely counter and kil' someone attacking you with a sword. It's saved myself tons of times. I'm one of the assholes that exclusively uses it in Elite Slayer. Prolongues my life for an extra kill or so at times, its hard not to use because of how advantageous it is.

Also, I agree with everything Ramirez said up there ^. Sums it up perfectly why I dislike the inclusion it.

Yeah I can understand doing some tweaks, like if you get stuck you still die, and only being able to use it once per charge but I don't think it's that bad.

chapel

Banned
Using it once per charge would probably fix most of my complaints about it. While not completely making it useless. Though it would still be over powered compared to the rest of the AAs. It seems like they had a few uses they wanted for it, and incorporated them, found it was not balanced, but used the fact that you can't move as the reason it 'is' balanced. Oh, the other thing I don't like about it, coming out of it you shouldn't have extra shields, if someone is waiting for you to come out of it, their shots or grenades should count and not be shrugged off.

AL just doesn't belong in competitive/slayer other wise I don't really care about it. The issue I have is that it ruins the pacing and allows people to live till their buddies come when they screw up. A screw up that would normally and justifiably cost them their life that encounter.

Not to mention there is no direct counter/drawback to it, so it just makes dealing with it a bigger pain in the ass.

Lol I love the last page being about not purchasing the map and armor lock. Its like fuck theres Bungie making playlist mistakes again because they never hired me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Fuck the 16 challenges. I've been playing Gran Turismo 5 instead. I didn't want to play firefight all day.

I know people are gonna hate me for saying it, but I think mostly, not always, but mostly AL is for people who aren' that good at the game. I call it the "Save Me Button", because well, it saves your skin as much as you want. Prime example, playing against a friend in a custom game, we both meet at a corner, he has an AR I have a sniper. Right as we see each other around the bend, I put a shot into him as we happen to be about 2 feet away. He AL's on me, negating the sniper shot and with my instinct, I melee right after I shot (close quarters sniper + melee for a kill). The shot gets cancelled from AL, I end up next to him while he is in AL and goes out of it with the emp blast and melee's me for a kill. Hence the the term "Save Me Button", he knew he was screwed, but just by tapping that button, I inflict no damage at all, and he gets a kill.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CrazedArabMan said:
I know people are gonna hate me for saying it, but I think mostly, not always, but mostly AL is for people who aren' that good at the game. I call it the "Save Me Button", because well, it saves your skin as much as you want. Prime example, playing against a friend in a custom game, we both meet at a corner, he has an AR I have a sniper. Right as we see each other around the bend, I put a shot into him as we happen to be about 2 feet away. He AL's on me, negating the sniper shot and with my instinct, I melee right after I shot (close quarters sniper + melee for a kill). The shot gets cancelled from AL, I end up next to him while he is in AL and goes out of it with the emp blast and melee's me for a kill. Hence the the term "Save Me Button", he knew he was screwed, but just by tapping that button, I inflict no damage at all, and he gets a kill.
Your completely right, I don't know why people would be mad. But you must admit, a lot of the time it can be quite advantageous. Especially in condensed, small maps with a lot more players than they can handle, such as the majority of Multi-Team. That's why I use it, anyways. Either that or get killed from a random flurry of grenades.
xxjuicesxx said:
Lol I love the last page being about not purchasing the map and armor lock. Its like fuck theres Bungie making playlist mistakes again because they never hired me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OabCRCx_Q

GhaleonEB

I'm steadily easing out of Score Attack and into regular Firefight. And it is gud. Rocket Fight and Sniper Attack are fun novelties, but the regular flavor is still my favorite. I've been lucky in that a good chunk of the players I meet feel the same. The Reach sandbox is amazing and the mode really flexes it in ways I don't think multiplayer does.

Fun moment from my last game. Two players have dropped, so it's me and one other tag teaming a whole lotta guys. The clip starts when I'm scrounging for the Target Locator from my recent corpse to take the last Hunter out. The shootout with the Brute pack and squad of Elites was crazy intense.

Random highlight #2, heading for the Wraith, meeting a squad of Elites.

Edit: ran into Tweedledee and Tweedledum tonight. I think I was teaching them how to play. :lol

CrazedArabMan said:

I compared it to the Blue Shell in Mario Kart before. In Mario Kart, the Blue Shell and Bullet Bill and things are items that are used to keep the poorer players from getting too far behind the better players. And it infuriates the competitive players in Mario Kart as well.

enzo_gt said:
Your completely right, I don't know why people would be mad. But you must admit, a lot of the time it can be quite advantageous. Especially in condensed, small maps with a lot more players than they can handle, such as the majority of Multi-Team. That's why I use it, anyways. Either that or get killed from a random flurry of grenades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OabCRCx_Q

I actually played a lot of multi-team yesterday, out of 3 or 4 games we only got one slayer. So me and my friend decided to just kill people instead of playing the stupid gametype that was up like oddball. :/

Though when we finally got slayer we won easily.

But yeah, everyone was using AL except me, I use sprint or evade for every game type, that's it. Managed to easily out kill them because they sucked, but with everyone using AL, it was infuriating. My friend was in a skirmish with 3 people and everyone AL'd at the same time meaning they all met and armor locked, talk about pausing the gameplay. :lol

MrBig said:
Indiana Jones was amazing. Great customs tonight :D
It was awesome when everyone switched to elites and eventually got stuck :lol

I'm not sure who made it, but the rocket race map with snipers was crazy as hell. Lots of variety tonight, had fun even on the few bad forgetacular maps.

zumphry

Banned
SolidEyeSystem said:
It was awesome when everyone switched to elites and eventually got stuck :lol

I'm not sure who made it, but the rocket race map with snipers was crazy as hell. Lots of variety tonight, had fun even on the few bad forgetacular maps.

I think the highlight was when I decided to turn around and shoot at the killball. :lol :lol

Thanks to everyone who helped with the ForgeGAF customs. I submitted three maps, though I expect only one has any real shot. Still, a lot of fun, and a ton of people this time :D :D

Finally just finished the crappy challenges for the day. 14/16 and ready to finish off the weekly tomorrow. Really loved the weekly challenge this week.

remz

armor lock is pretty much only good in CQC IMO, long range it's worthless.

edit: So much elite slaughter in the challenges today Return of the Mack :lol

that heroic demon one is total FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU though!

Kuroyume said:

The Arena has more problems than just armour lock, its low populated for a variety of reasons. The people who religiously played ranked in previous Halo games are probably the competative people who hate armour lock, but non of my 'non competative' friends seem to have much love for it either. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom