• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the drop pods are launched from the corvette you are assaulting in. Rallypoint alpha. Fly around underneath it and hit them as they appear. They are a pain to shoot though.

electricpirate said:
Nah, the drop pods are launched from the corvette you are assaulting in. Rallypoint alpha. Fly around underneath it and hit them as they appear. They are a pain to shoot though.
Not really. You have to shoot them before they are starting. I tried to shoot them down when they were already moving to Reach. It was nearly impossible to shoot them down... then. :lol

Walshicus

CrazedArabMan said:
I know people are gonna hate me for saying it, but I think mostly, not always, but mostly AL is for people who aren' that good at the game. I call it the "Save Me Button", because well, it saves your skin as much as you want. Prime example, playing against a friend in a custom game, we both meet at a corner, he has an AR I have a sniper. Right as we see each other around the bend, I put a shot into him as we happen to be about 2 feet away. He AL's on me, negating the sniper shot and with my instinct, I melee right after I shot (close quarters sniper + melee for a kill). The shot gets cancelled from AL, I end up next to him while he is in AL and goes out of it with the emp blast and melee's me for a kill. Hence the the term "Save Me Button", he knew he was screwed, but just by tapping that button, I inflict no damage at all, and he gets a kill.
Maybe, just maybe... you should have seen him use Armour Lock, backed away and sniped him at leisure when it ran out? I'm sorry, but I'm sure I've killed a lot of people just by waiting them out of Armour Lock. It's why I don't use it - it rarely helps me because people just assasinate or shoot me the second I'm out of it.

Cracks me up that people here are so annoyed by it; I've had FAR better success with Cloak and Hologram.

EDIT: Wonder how Frankie got banned...

Gui_PT

electricpirate said:

Thanks, that was it. Too bad half the kills wouldn't register for the challenge :lol

Hypertrooper said:
Not really. You have to shoot them before they are starting. I tried to shoot them down when they were already moving to Reach. It was nearly impossible to shoot them down... then. :lol
You can do that!!!!! Haha it took me forever.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
electricpirate said:

i never knew those existed. this is how campaign challenges should be done. try to show players cool shit they may have otherwise missed.

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
i never knew those existed. this is how campaign challenges should be done. try to show players cool shit they may have otherwise missed.
Was going to say. I never even knew those were there. I thought the Challenge meant the Elites on the beach. :lol

Ramirez said:
Yea, it's pretty depressing when a map pack for my favorite franchise has me at 0 hype. :(
Pretty much this. CE introduced me to FPSs and I have been playing them ever since. I played CE-3 a whole lot longer after release than Reach. Ill have to see what the first big patch brings.

Plywood said:
Elite Slayer Multiteam:
WyYOe.gif
:lol Yeah, you know it! :)
enzo_gt said:
:lol oh god

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Was going to say. I never even knew those were there. I thought the Challenge meant the Elites on the beach. :lol

I didn't know either, I always just destroyed the engines then the ships, then landed.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi0106 said:
Fuck the 16 challenges. I've been playing Gran Turismo 5 instead. I didn't want to play firefight all day.
I got all three firefight challenges in one game yesterday. It wasn't bad at all.

Sir Fragula said:
Maybe, just maybe... you should have seen him use Armour Lock, backed away and sniped him at leisure when it ran out? I'm sorry, but I'm sure I've killed a lot of people just by waiting them out of Armour Lock. It's why I don't use it - it rarely helps me because people just assasinate or shoot me the second I'm out of it.

Cracks me up that people here are so annoyed by it; I've had FAR better success with Cloak and Hologram.

Did you read that I said we saw each other in very close quarters?

How can I see him use armor lock when we run into each other and we are both only 2 feet or so away when it happens? My instinct there is not to back up as he has an assault rifle and I have a sniper. We were too close to each other when we saw one another, there was literally nothing I could have done. I couldn't have just waited for him to AL as I didn't even know he was using AL in the first place, he had been using jet pack before that. The only thing I give him credit is that is finger was quicker on the trigger to get into AL before I pulled the trigger on the sniper by less than a second.

LordAlu

CrazedArabMan said:
Did you read that I said we saw each other in very close quarters?

How can I see him use armor lock when we run into each other and we are both only 2 feet or so away when it happens? My instinct there is not to back up as he has an assault rifle and I have a sniper. We were too close to each other when we saw one another, there was literally nothing I could have done. I couldn't have just waited for him to AL as I didn't even know he was using AL in the first place, he had been using jet pack before that. The only thing I give him credit is that is finger was quicker on the trigger to get into AL before I pulled the trigger on the sniper by less than a second.
I'd love it if every AA had something on your model so you could tell what your opponent was using at the time. You can obviously see the Jet Pack but you can't tell for the other AAs (unless you can and I'm missing something?).

Maybe big ass boots for Sprint, boosters on the legs for Evade, a big bubble-shield-like attachment for Drop Shield and so on, maybe a big power pack on their back for Armor Lock, so I can tell what my oppenent has and what they could potentially do. If I get into a confrontation with someone and spot the power pack I know they're likely to AL so I should watch out for grenades dropped at my feet, or not go in for the melee.

MrBig

LordAlu said:
I'd love it if every AA had something on your model so you could tell what your opponent was using at the time. You can obviously see the Jet Pack but you can't tell for the other AAs (unless you can and I'm missing something?).

Maybe big ass boots for Sprint, boosters on the legs for Evade, a big bubble-shield-like attachment for Drop Shield and so on, maybe a big power pack on their back for Armor Lock, so I can tell what my oppenent has and what they could potentially do. If I get into a confrontation with someone and spot the power pack I know they're likely to AL so I should watch out for grenades dropped at my feet, or not go in for the melee.
You can. There's a big glowy thing on their back. The color corresponds to the AA (sprint is green, yellow is holograms etc.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
xxjuicesxx said:
I have no idea what that means. Its a terrible video to be honest. Regardless, I would do a great job managing playlists no matter what you guys think.
What are your proposed changes?

neoism

Ramirez said:
My main beef with it has always been that it completely stalls the game flow. Halo hasn't exactly ever been super fast paced, but AL brings it to a crawl, especially if more than one person is using it. It's also stupid that you can pulse it...
I agree with that most definitely. The fact that Spartans walk slower then FUCK doesn't help. That is 99% of the reason/time I use Sprint. I just can't stand how slow they walk... uggh :/

Sir Fragula said:

The time AL really angered me was I out shot a guy, he ALed. His pal comes, I outshoot him too, he ALs. ANOTHER team mate comes and finishes me off. AL should have a shorter time span for use and a longer time requirement between usage. It is absolutely infuriating to outplay/outshoot people but because AL can be used for so long without a significant drawback in team play, they don't die, you do.

Sir Fragula said:

You can't just sit back and wait in Halo.

It honestly sounds like you don't play against kids who ever use teamwork, coordination, or communication.

With teamwork Armor Lock is effectively a short infinite overshield and assassination blocker, unstickier, vehicle killer, and shield remover. Its Extra shield that takes bullets ammo and time away from the player who probably is better than you.

The fact is Halo already has shields so its not CoD. It doesn't need more shields.

xxjuicesxx said:
You can't just sit back and wait in Halo.

It honestly sounds like you don't play against kids who ever use teamwork, coordination, or communication.

With teamwork Armor Lock is effectively a short infinite overshield and assassination blocker, unstickier, vehicle killer, and shield remover. Its Extra shield that takes bullets ammo and time away from the player who probably is better than you.

This.

When I play teams that actually know how to utilize AL and save team mates after they AL, I find I have to actually high tail it out of every situation in which AL happens. Waiting it out means certain death. So I have to run the hell away when they AL. Which honestly makes for a really dumb game.

feel

For those asking, Frankie got banned on the Forza vs GT thread for posting a :lol reply after a GT fan mistook that thread for the official GT5 thread and was telling a Forza fan to get the fuck out. Yeah....

Letters said:
For those asking, Frankie got banned on the Forza vs GT thread for posting a :lol reply after a GT fan mistook that thread for the official GT5 thread and was telling a Forza fan to get the fuck out. Yeah....

Just for that, eh, I won't say anything.

Raide said:
Still?
:lol

Yeah, it's like a daily tradition around these parts now.

Raide

CrazedArabMan said:

I can understand why people hate it but I just find it so much fun to use. If I use it incorrectly, it leads to a very embarrassing death for me. :lol

Roche

Letters said:

Wait what? Really? That seems like something I'd be inclined to do in that situation, I didn't know it was ban worthy. Any word on how long the ban is?

Ok, I'm going to switch gears real quick and see if anyone on HaloGAF can lend a helping hand. I have a friend who is submitting a map for the forge contest, also a lurker here. He unfortunately does not have a video of his map that he wants to submit it though we have played it a few times already to test it out. It is a 2 flag CTF map and I personally enjoy it but he needs a game video of it. I was wondering if anyone on GAF, may need a good number of people, would be interested in playing the map so he can use the video at around 10 PM EST.

If you are interested, let me know in here or however, GT is CrazedArabMan, thanks to whoever wants to help

Edit: if needed, we can do a last minute test for any other maps, I know they had customs yesterday but sometimes they don't fall into people's schedules. Thanks Again.

GhaleonEB

CrazedArabMan said:
Well, it's still broken. So people are still going to complain. I think it's the new AR vs. BR. :lol

Anyone up for some Firefight in about an hour? I want to piss off some randoms who want Rocketfight and do regular FF, need a buddy to vote with and get the Challenges. I did one regular FF game a bit ago and nabbed 15 Elites from it.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Well, it's still broken. So people are still going to complain. I think it's the new AR vs. BR. :lol

Anyone up for some Firefight in about an hour? I want to piss off some randoms who want Rocketfight and do regular FF, need a buddy to vote with and get the Challenges. I did one regular FF game a bit ago and nabbed 15 Elites from it.
Regular FF is so unfun now.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Really? I think it's Reach at its best.
It was great in ODST, because of the limited lives and not being able to just completely overpower all the enemies, but in reach the only challenge is the elites. It doesn't make any sense when you can have fun with rocketfight.

Yeah regular Firefight should have lives and Famine coming on to make it more exciting. At the moment its just a shooting gallery which lasts FAR too long.

Striker

MrBig said:
It was great in ODST, because of the limited lives and not being able to just completely overpower all the enemies, but in reach the only challenge is the elites. It doesn't make any sense when you can have fun with rocketfight.
They just need to make it so you have lives, and none of this infinite stuff.

Rocketfight doesn't qualify as fun to me...

MrBig said:
I'm not entirely sure how it is different, as you can round up four friends to play infinate ff like in odst. Coincidently, thats the same thing you would do to play ff in odst ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom