• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popeck said:
Hai guys!
http://paavi.defines.us/Reach/DemKreditsReach1s.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Dude, prepare for a long haul. I'm [I]still[/I] in that run, and it feels like it's been so long.

By the way, Ghaleon is a pro at Firefight. The only time I managed to get more points than him was when I got in a Wraith and stayed in it nearly until the end of the game.

timetokill said:
Yep, please do that here or in the ForgeGAF thread. I'm going to compile a list of Halo's entries into the competition. Should make for a pretty good playlist in its own right.

Just wanted to reiterate this for the new page. Post your submitted Forgetacular maps here or in the Forge thread! Would be great to have a list of the Halo/Forge maps.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GG on Bungie with that horrible Elite drop pod challenge, I bet more than half the people trying it probably thought it was the drop pods at the beginning of the mission.

Plywood said:
GG on Bungie with that horrible Elite drop pod challenge, I bet more than half the people trying it probably thought it was the drop pods at the beginning of the mission.
Ambiguous yes, horrible no.

Gui_PT

Plywood said:

I don't know how some people knew it wasn't that. I had no idea those drop pods were there. Always thought it was Banshee or Seraph debris or something.

For anybody that still needs a map tested for the forgetacular contest. I am hosting a custom game match at 8 EST. I have a map that needs to be tested, so if anybody is interested in attending just let me know somehow.
GT: AlmostMilk

GhaleonEB

enzo_gt said:
Can HaloGAF post the maps their submitting here? I'd love to check them out.
My BTB submission is here.

You can search for other submissions by looking up their tags - all files submitted to the contest had to be tagged as such. I searched "contest-BTB" to get some maps for customs yesterday. (They were...interesting.)

Shake Appeal said:
I should hope so, he's played 58 hours of it since launch. :lol
Yeah you can definitely tell who's been living in Score Attack and who hasn't. I'm a machine lately, but then I'd better be at this point. :lol

BTW, Lars has said both limited lives and infinite wave FF is coming to matchmaking down the road.

I'd said a while back that I missed the challenge that limited lives brings, and I do, but I find that Score Attack has conditioned me to push for high scores as a challenge, and try to extend my sprees as long as possible. (That, and I'm a professional Wraith killer.) And it's quite fun, especially given the population that rolls through matchmaking.

Man I didn't think I was meleeing this much...

2vrsui0.jpg

MMaRsu

Oh man I'm really looking forward to those new maps :D

Hope I can win one from here, because I'm dead broke :(

I could probably buy them later on if I can't win one though, no biggie. Just went 25-4 on countdown ffa slayer again, feels so good man.

Holy shit sick sick games today another win 25-8 elite slayer on reflection

So many awesome sticky's damn crazy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MMaRsu said:
Oh man I'm really looking forward to those new maps :D

Hope I can win one from here, because I'm dead broke :(

I could probably buy them later on if I can't win one though, no biggie. Just went 25-4 on countdown ffa slayer again, feels so good man.
Same. Devin is giving some away correct? I want to get in on this and not be too late visiting this thread to get one.

Willeth

Are any of you guys free for a custom Invasion game right the fuck now? FyreWulff's Invasion map film for his Forgetacular submission got corrupted and we're pretty close to the wire. We need nine more people to get another film- join FyreWulff Rex, Willeth or Bunzl to get in if you can.

Jin34

Plywood said:

I just came in to the thread to ask how the fuck you destroy those things :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jin34 said:
I just came in to the thread to ask how the fuck you destroy those things :lol
During Rally Point Alpha the Corvette has drop pods coming out of the bottom of it falling down into Reach you shoot them as they come out of it.

Hey You said:
No? What happened?

Someone posted screens of what was supposedly an Aerospace early build. It was basically a Modern Warfare clone with the Halo UI.

Cue about a page and a half of GAF flipping its shit in the span of five minutes, Luke coming and and declaring it a fake, and a swift lock.

It was short, but some of the meltdowns were rather funny.

Dug

Banned
Hey You said:
No? What happened?
When I saw the thread, it was basically some pictures of some kind of futuristic FPS and I guess info on what the game is about. Also, all the pictures had "Not Tom Morello" written on them. Then Luke Smith came in and said the "leak" was fake.

MMaRsu

NH Apache said:
Lol did you shop your stats?

Ehm no I copied them from bungie.net and then pasted it into mspaint, uploaded that to photobucket. Bad quality but why would you think I shopped it?

Blueblur1

Ramirez said:
Yea, it's pretty depressing when a map pack for my favorite franchise has me at 0 hype. :(
I feel the same way but I think I'm just kind of bored of the franchise. Reach has its faults but if it weren't the fact that I've played so much damn Halo these past 10 years I'd still be all over it everyday.

Ramirez

Blueblur1 said:
I feel the same way but I think I'm just kind of bored of the franchise. Reach has its faults but if it weren't the fact that I've played so much damn Halo these past 10 years I'd still be all over it everyday.

That's definitely not the case for me, the game just isn't fun compared to past efforts. Even when I win, I still don't have fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MMaRsu said:
Ehm no I copied them from bungie.net and then pasted it into mspaint, uploaded that to photobucket. Bad quality but why would you think I shopped it?
Bad quality almost made it seem that way.

GhaleonEB

I've always been more of a co-op guy - Halo 2 and Halo 3 remain the only vs. games I've ever played online. So that's probably a big factor in why I am enjoying Firefight so much; I love Halo, and co-op games, and Firefight is Halo's sandbox distilled into its cooperative essence. It's wonderful. There's stuff I'd like to see in the playlists, but I know that's coming eventually.

That combined with the state of BTB play (maps, Armor Lock) have meant I'm playing Reach at least as much as Halo 3, but I'm just not that tempted by the MP matchmaking. If Firefight didn't exist, I'd probably play it a bit more, but not much more than I do now. Which would mean I'd have largely moved on from the game at this point.

As a side note, Firefight also helped me introduce my five year-old to Halo today. I set up an all Grunts game on Corvette with her invincible and toting rockets, jetpack and the FRG so she could learn the controls. It was awesome.

Tonight's highlights: annihilating Elites, and extracting and then putting a hammer to use. That first one has a ridiculously great kill steal (erm, I mean assist handed out) at the end.

I'm so glad Reach's Firefight is as good as it is, because it's pretty much how I've always wanted to play Halo.

NOKYARD

GhaleonEB said:
I'm so glad Reach's Firefight is as good as it is, because it's pretty much how I've always wanted to play Halo.
I'm starting to agree with this. The initial appeal of Rocket Fight has worn off quickly. The more i play the more i appreciate the regular version of Firefight. Although, the Sniper variant is still loads fun since this is the first Sniper Rifle i can use without needing to scope every shot (playing 40 cm away from a HD monitor also helps). If you ever need a FF 4th feel free to drag me away from a forging session.

I found a legit
cheap
zero death method for Sniper Attack on Glacier. You grab Drop Shield, position yourself
camp
where the lower Wraith sits in the Campaign and wait for the enemies to line up single file for their head shots. :lol

ElRenoRaven

Good God. I really have to quit slacking damn it.

Damn the pre Cataclysm patch for keeping me from playing like i normally do. I've even slacked on keeping up on the thread.

Anyway Yea firefight without a doubt it the best part of Reach for me too. I love the Team Slayer but damn there is just nothing like getting a good group and doing some firefight. It's simply amazing fun.

Oh and on the subject of our weapons of destruction. LONG LIVE THE ASSAULT RIFLE!!! :D :D :D

73Gnm.jpg

Ramirez said:
That's definitely not the case for me, the game just isn't fun compared to past efforts. Even when I win, I still don't have fun.

Yeah I hate to still be negative, but I know its not series fatigue, im still able to put the hours into Halo 3, and thats plagued by problems of its own at this point. :lol I really hope 343 can provide a 'return' to the Halo I love, but quite frankly im skeptical that they can. Which REALLY sucks, because watching my favorite series of games just not appeal to me anymore just... sucks. (Im skeptical because im not sure IF they can recreate that experience, but most of all, im not sure if they would even want to.)

Im gonna wait for the MLG playlist though, but from what ive heard V2 settings arent as good as V1? Personally my problems with Reach seem to come from a design standpoint, and its clear the game isnt really meant to appeal to me. Mlg cant suddently bring back a faster shield regen rate for example, so at this point im thinking that im kinda done with the multiplayer myself. Firefight is a fun mode though.

Gui_PT

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR

Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

No 'I' in Team - 1200cR

Earn 10 assists in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Deathless Spear - 1250cR

Complete Tip of the Spear on Legendary without dying.

Now I have a Machine Gun - 1000cR

Earn 20 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

And the weekly:

All in a Week's Work - 7777cR

Kill 1000 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

topfivenov.jpg

Also, I just realized I have exactly 780 points right now, and it's freezing and icy outside so I will have to walk twenty minutes with the threat of slippery, head-cracking death to buy more for the map pack tomorrow. Whoops.

Gui_PT

Raide said:
:D

Wait till the PP Challenges come in.

Don't even joke about that :lol

Challenges done anyway. If you're having trouble getting the 10 assists, I suggest BTB or Invasion Slayer

And you guys should check out Forgetastic Episode 1 on Waypoint. Lots of good footage and maps I haven't seen that look very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom