• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thagomizer said:
Someone posted screens of what was supposedly an Aerospace early build. It was basically a Modern Warfare clone with the Halo UI.

Cue about a page and a half of GAF flipping its shit in the span of five minutes, Luke coming and and declaring it a fake, and a swift lock.

It was short, but some of the meltdowns were rather funny.
Holy crap. I just looked up the thread...so lousy.
Haven't we had the "kill 1,000 people" weekly challenge before? Oh well, at least it's more than 4,000 credits.

i hope tomorrow's maps are followed with some pretty fun multiplayer challenges for the rest of the week. brotherhood's hooked me deep, and it's going to be hard to pull myself away to frolic on what look to be excellent additions to Reach's mapspace.

if you would have told me six months ago that I'd be forgoing Reach to essentially play glorified Hide-and-Seek, well, I would have been incredulous to say the least.

here's to changing things up!

Raide

Mikasangelos said:
Any word as to what the UPDATE will change besides changing things to accommodate the new maps?

I heard that it adds a new feature where Juices can log in to Reach and is given points. Gives him a reason to put the disc in.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I know I'm the minority, but the challenge system has made me play less. Having challenges that are time intensive instead of skill intensive makes it harder for me to turn on my xbox when I can only play for an hour or so at night. Hitting Commander pretty much made me stop playing once I saw that it was going to take 50,000 cR to be promoted from the first tier of the rank. Also, a weekly challenge that is less than half the value of last weeks. No thanks. I hate to say it, but I'm slowly starting to dislike the challenge system. It's de-motivating me to play which is funny since that's the opposite of its intention.

/rant

At some point in Commander Grade 2 I realized two things:

1) I don't really give a shit what my armor looks like.
2) That goes triple for everyone else regarding my armor.

And of course it's been true since day one that 3) Rank doesn't indicate skill.

It was at this point that I ignored credits and only played Reach when I wanted to or thought I would have fun with it.

Genesis Knight said:
At some point in Commander Grade 2 I realized two things:

1) I don't really give a shit what my armor looks like.
2) That goes triple for everyone else regarding my armor.

And of course it's been true since day one that 3) Rank doesn't indicate skill.

It was at this point that I ignored credits and only played Reach when I wanted to or thought I would have fun with it.
I'm on the opposite side of the fence. I want my armor to look cool, but I can never get it to look right. There's always something that irks me about the armor I use.

Blue Ninja said:
I'm on the opposite side of the fence. I want my armor to look cool, but I can never get it to look right. There's always something that irks me about the armor I use.

Might be that the pose in the lobby menu (pre-game, Spartan cradling the DMR) is horrible for showing off armor. I wish they stood like they do in the armory.

Blue Ninja said:
I'm pretty happy with my armor now. Wasn't cool enough to get Recon in H3, but now that I can buy the non-goofy helmet I think this is what I'll be looking like for a while.

nthr8.jpg

Genesis Knight said:
Might be that the pose in the lobby menu (pre-game, Spartan cradling the DMR) is horrible for showing off armor. I wish they stood like they do in the armory.
True. I usually open up a quick game of campaign so I can see my Six in action in both a cutscene and gameplay, but I always end up dissatisfied. I was pretty happy with my original Six, wearing the pre-order Recon helmet, chest and shoulder pieces. Now I keep switching between my Recon, Pilot and JFO helmet, I keep trying to make a set of asymmetrical shoulders that actually look good, and I keep experimenting with colors. I originally used Blue and Gold, but now I switched over to Blue and Silver, accompanied by a Silver visor. I got tired of waiting/saving for that Gold visor.

That's part of the problem, I think, at least for me. I buy something, only to see something I can't buy yet, and thinking "Hey, that looks awesome." Once I'm finally able to buy that, however, I'll see something even better, or I'll find myself torn about which armor piece I want to use.

Blue Ninja said:
That's part of the problem, I think, at least for me. I buy something, only to see something I can't buy yet, and thinking "Hey, that looks awesome." Once I'm finally able to buy that, however, I'll see something even better, or I'll find myself torn about which armor piece I want to use.
It's like a metaphor for capitalism!

op_ivy said:
i missed the god damn forgetacular contest! thought it ended on the 30th, not the 28th.

here is my submission in any case (i'm quite proud of it).

Trestle (formerly known as "long walk, short bridge"
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileSets.aspx?player=LoopOfHenle

Dang that sucks. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I submitted my map Yeti Bay under BTB, but I have a video of Capture the Flag. The rules state that the video of your map has to be of the gametype that it's made for. Hopefully they could look past something like that and choose it anyway. :lol

urk said:
Check your email inbox, Ghaleon.
The job offer was meant for Juices! >:[

Also, my second guess immediately went towards the idea that urk was briefing ghaleon that some gaf mods were going to 'lose' this thread by accident as a heads up.

Dax01 said:
I'm confused. Whenever I look at my page, it's showing my Spartan updated, not the default one.

The joke was that you posted a link to to your stat's landing page, not the actual link to your stats. So the link you sent will just come up as the viewer's spartan not yours.

Dax01 said:
Bah. Okay, here is the link to a picture of Spartan.

why bungle gotta go an' make it so complicated
Why doesnt bungie update my spartan? :/ Tomorrow! MAP PACK! HYPE! HYPE! MANY FORGE MAPS! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! Where is the hype?

Hydranockz said:

Also, my second guess immediately went towards the idea that urk was briefing ghaleon that some gaf mods were going to 'lose' this thread by accident as a heads up.
More likely to be 1) free maps! or 2) Crossroads in matchmaking!

Willeth

My Spartan still hasn't updated since pre-launch. I'm sitting there with my Operator helmet when I should be decked out with munitions EVERYWHERE

Hydranockz said:

I assume its either a 'Crossroads has made it into matchmaking congrats!' message or map pack codes.

My Spartan hasnt updated yet either btw, HOPEFULLY they havent just decided to switch that feature off, the Spartan on my player page is ugly. :lol

FourDoor

Hypertrooper said:
Why doesnt bungie update my spartan? :/ Tomorrow! MAP PACK! HYPE! HYPE! MANY FORGE MAPS! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! Where is the hype?

Damn that reminds me, I still havent gone and pre-ordered the map pack from GS. I kinda want the flaming Avatar helmet since it's an ODST helmet.

FourDoor said:
Damn that reminds me, I still havent gone and pre-ordered the map pack from GS. I kinda want the flaming Avatar helmet since it's an ODST helmet.
Btw. HaloWaypoint will give away some codes over twitter! And there is no chance that you could snag one :lol

Falt

For the Legendary run on tip of the spear today, would turning on the iron skull help? Saving me from jumping back to the lobby after each death to start again. I'd like to know before I try.

FourDoor

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. HaloWaypoint will give away some codes over twitter! And there is no chance that you could snag one :lol

It still amazes me how fast some people are with entering contest codes on to XBL. I can't even copy and paste that fast if my life depended on it!!! :lol

Hey You

Whats the big deal if your BNet spartan updates or not, its not like people look at your armor and judge you or anything.

I'm happy rockin' my Gamestop Recon from Day 1.

Miggytronz

Can anyone link me to that video of the guy who made that HALO inspired Theatre gaming room, he had the curtains with HALO etched insignia.

Hey You said:
Whats the big deal if your BNet spartan updates or not, its not like people look at your armor and judge you or anything.

I'm happy rockin' my Gamestop Recon from Day 1.
Btw. You arent a junior member anymore! Congrats!

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Check your email inbox, Ghaleon.
Looks like half the team caught the bug going around that wallped my wife and I over the break, they're all "WFH" today.

Oh hey, what's this. Hmm. I might not be up to full speed yet myself. Best to knock off early today and make sure I don't relapse.

<3

Mr. Sam

squidhands said:
I'm pretty happy with my armor now. Wasn't cool enough to get Recon in H3, but now that I can buy the non-goofy helmet I think this is what I'll be looking like for a while.

From what I can tell, you're wearing pretty much the same as me. Except my armour is white, and my visor is silver. I'm an arctic Spartan... or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom