• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo excited for the map pack tomorrow. I really hope it gets me back into Reach as much as I was at launch. Looking forward to Tempest the most. :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So looking forward to the new maps. I've barely played any Reach all November as I was doing the NaNoWriMo thing (and I did it bitches, woo!) but I've finished just in time to poopsock these maps all week long. Get in! Looking forwards to getting back into customs this weekend too, miss you guys :D

ShinAmano

So after spending 100K on the Recon Helmet it was brought to my attention that I probably had the free download code in my game box (which I did). Needless to say I am a sad panda. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jedeye Sniv said:
So looking forward to the new maps. I've barely played any Reach all November as I was doing the NaNoWriMo thing (and I did it bitches, woo!) but I've finished just in time to poopsock these maps all week long. Get in! Looking forwards to getting back into customs this weekend too, miss you guys :D

Wow, congrats bro. That's quite an accomplishment. I signed up last year I think and didn't write a single word. It's fucking intimidating hahahha. Good for you though.

ShinAmano said:
So after spending 100K on the Recon Helmet it was brought to my attention that I probably had the free download code in my game box (which I did). Needless to say I am a sad panda. :lol

To be fair the version youve brought is slightly different to the one in your game box, so you still mightaswell redeem that code and check it out.

BTW, map pack impressions guys!?? Hurry up you lucky sods.

I got the Now I Have a Machine Gun challenge in one game. 21 AR kills! Now if only I didn't dislike using it...

Also, I just noticed that No 'I' in Team is 10 assists in one game. No thanks.

bobs99 ... said:
To be fair the version youve brought is slightly different to the one in your game box, so you still mightaswell redeem that code and check it out.

BTW, map pack impressions guys!?? Hurry up you lucky sods.
I was hoping that Sai_Kun and the Xbox support team would fix his problem with the download. So we could get some impression. But yeah. :/

My god. Tempest is absolutely, positively gorgeous. Dunno how well it plays yet, but damn, how can a map that looks this good play badly?

Bungie does a little fan service with Tempest as well. Ever wonder what it's like to be near the edge of a Halo? Well, know you can find out. I've always wondered what it looked like.

Ramirez

FourDoor said:
How about a free map pack a day early than everyone else?!?!?! :D LOL

HBKperformsfellatio.gif

Miggytronz

ShinAmano said:

HOLY SHIET I LOST HARD.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
My god. Tempest is absolutely, positively gorgeous. Dunno how well it plays yet, but damn, how can a map that looks this good play badly?

Bungie does a little fan service with Tempest as well. Ever wonder what it's like to be near the edge of a Halo? Well, know you can find out. I've always wondered what it looked like.

Orbital's a pretty good looking map.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
I was hoping that Sai_Kun and the Xbox support team would fix his problem with the download. So we could get some impression. But yeah. :/

When I got mine I was asked to not take screenshots or films of it, and I assumed that meant no impressions as well :D But since I guess it's allowed, I'll write a bit later or something :p The downloads work now BTW. I fixed it!

Don't tell me this is gonna turn into a map pack begging thread now. :/

On that note, people who have been tormented the most by armor lock should receive a code to fix any damages AL has caused to their well being. :D

and because I only have 780 space bucks, and with that now I have to go to class.

Sai-kun said:
When I got mine I was asked to not take screenshots or films of it, and I assumed that meant no impressions as well :D But since I guess it's allowed, I'll write a bit later or something :p The downloads work now BTW. I fixed it!
You could send the impression through your mind.

Hey You

Shake Appeal said:
Epitaph's skybox is pretty rad.

Also I just got the 10 assists challenge by goofing around with PP in an Elite Slayer game.
Thats where I go everytime when the assist challenges pop up.

Shake Appeal said:
You too? The fixed values system is so silly. I have to trudge through snow tomorrow to buy a points card. >___>

You COULD put some on your account using a credit card, but then you have the problem of having a credit card linked to your account :S

Shake Appeal said:
You too? The fixed values system is so silly. I have to trudge through snow tomorrow to buy a points card. >___>

Yeah, it's so stupid, I had 790 some how but bought that Age of Empires 3 deal of 10 MS points, man was that a great deal, but now I'm down to 780 and I really don't want to spend any money on a 1600 card. So I don't know what I'm gonna do.

bobs99 ... said:
You COULD put some on your account using a credit card, but then you have the problem of having a credit card linked to your account :S

I would if it wasn't MS, I like my pre-paid cards thank you very much.

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah, but after the hassle I went through over the phone to get all my cards removed from Live, I don't think this is the best plan. :p

Tashi0106 said:
Orbital's a pretty good looking map.
But now where near as good looking as Valhalla and Avalanche, and Tempest beats those two with one hand tied behind its back (visually, of course). I'm not saying visuals trump the actual map, but I was just saying that to express how visually awesome Tempest is.

Anchor 9 has a damn impressive skybox. Two UNSC ships in the background (In Amber Clad class), UNSC fighters circling the starships, and the planet Reach below with the clouds slowly moving. It looks like a solid symmetrical map.

Raide

Dax01 said:
But now where near as good looking as Valhalla and Avalanche, and Tempest beats those two with one hand tied behind its back (visually, of course). I'm not saying visuals trump the actual map, but I was just saying that to express how visually awesome Tempest is.

Anchor 9 has a damn impressive skybox. Two UNSC ships in the background (In Amber Clad class), UNSC fighters circling the starships, and the planet Reach below with the clouds slowly moving. It looks like a solid symmetrical map.

If they could give us the Anchor 9 skybox with a blank map inside for Forging, I would be happy.

Dax01 said:

As long as the framerate doesn't drop its all good

Sai-kun

Banned
Dax01 said:

I REALLY like Anchor 9. I haven't actually played it :lol But it seems like it would be fun. The only lame thing is how difficult forging on it can be, with the weird angles it puts you at when you zoom in/out. It's just kinda weird. You could do some cool stuff with it though, even though you don't have as much stuff to play around with as FW. I've got some cool CTF ideas for it already :)

Azar

Might be a few weeks before I get the map packs, which is a shame because Tempest really does look wonderful. Just going off screens and vids, it looks like the kind of map I've always loved for large-scale CTF matches. And that's something Reach has sorely needed since launch. I miss Halo 2 and 3 BTB. :(

Mr. Sam said:
From what I can tell, you're wearing pretty much the same as me. Except my armour is white, and my visor is silver. I'm an arctic Spartan... or something.
Hi five! Now that I've got my leg backpack, the only other thing I want is that gold visor (and why is Jorge's color not an option? That bronze is pretty slick.) and I'll be set.

Dani said:
Tempest has new Forge items... driftwood! And new rocks! Seriously awesome skyboxes on each map.

*scratches 'Driftwood' off of list of "squid's list of awesome map names"*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom