• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I noticed the rockets!
First thing I did was scroll through the weapon lists. All the main guns have a limit of 16, so it's easy to see how many of what is on the map.

Plus, Bungie posted map overviews before that showed them:

dlc_tempestmaps.jpg

Edit: urk, is it okay to post video/pics? I could do a walkthrough of the maps and render them for the GAF crew suffering without.

Hmm, I've been playing a lot of multiplayer lately... Might as well pick these up for some pan-cam and explosionfest action. The maps look amazing, though I'm kind of disappointed Tempest apparently uses the same Forge palette as Forge World.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
SailorDaravon said:
Did you get the codes from Gamestop? I was told that I couldn`t pre-order more than one due to how it ties to the new card/account thing they have going now. I have seen some other chatter online that their Gamestops did not even know how to do the pre-orders though, so it may just be a local store failing though.

Yeah from GameStop. The manager at my local GameStop is really nice and laid back. She managed to work everything so I could pre-order 15 at once.

MrDaravon

Domino Theory said:
Yeah from GameStop. The manager at my local GameStop is really nice and laid back. She managed to work everything so I could pre-order 15 at once.

Glad that worked for you, me buying codes for other people was a bust for me :/

Raide

Blue Ninja said:
Hmm, I've been playing a lot of multiplayer lately... Might as well pick these up for some pan-cam and explosionfest action. The maps look amazing, though I'm kind of disappointed Tempest apparently uses the same Forge palette as Forge World.

Would be nice to have some new things to play with but just having a new Forge Space is awesome enough for me. It does get boring trying to find spots in ForgeWorld where you have not made something before. :lol

feel

only tried Anchor 9 so far, it looks really fantastic (planet Reach, gorgeous), and seems like it could play really well, with the Pit-esque layout (middle dividing wall, a mini-arena on each side), I like it all except for the jetpack-only stop on top of the aircraft.. boo for that bungie, boooooooo

And of course, I have no idea how the outside part will work when the griefer douchebags get their hands on it.

Raide

Letters said:
only tried Anchor 9 so far, it looks really fantastic (planet Reach, gorgeous), and seems like it could play really well, with the Pit-esque layout (middle divising wall, a mini-arena on each side), I like it all except for the jetpack-only stop on top of the aircraft.. boo for that bungie, boooooooo

On A9, how far outside can you go before it gives you the Soft Kill warning?

Raide said:
Would be nice to have some new things to play with but just having a new Forge Space is awesome enough for me. It does get boring trying to find spots in ForgeWorld where you have not made something before. :lol
I got a bit tired of building Forerunner structures, though. :p

NH Apache

Banned
First off, Ghal you are one hell of a gent and a scholar. Same goes for you Urkster.

In Forge on Breakpoint currently, and I want to go ahead and say that I love BTB. Defintely the most fun playlist IMO.

This map will rock with 16 players. It can't wait to play it. It reminds me of an inverted valhalla with a mix of Avalanche, two maps that I love.

I will make sure I'm on tonight and, hell, I'm ready to mess around with them right now if someone is up for it.

Falt

With new achievements popping tomorrow I figured I'd buckle down and unlock the final achievement I needed for 1000/1000... 40 minutes later.

beg.jpg

1000.jpg

God damn... Once I got the method down I was hitting assassination after assassination after assassination. I went into a sort of zen
(senile)
like autopilot. Finally blink bloop. Roll on tomorrow already! :D

feel

Tempest seems fantastic too, lots of routes for flanking and etc, and I love the setting, it's just a great looking outdoor environment to fight in. :)

big ander

Hi HaloGAF. I'm hoping this post will be ignored among all the Noble Map Pack discussion.
After beating campaign once, I sort of stopped playing Reach. I loved the campaign. I still love it, and I want to play it more, but I don't quite have the time to do legendary runs.
And I've really tried to get into MP. But I just can't with this game. Some of the basic combat is still so good. But things like armor lock and DMR starts really are game breaking to me. I know you've heard it a thousand times, but AL just completely breaks the flow of gameplay for me. It's not the game I want to play. As for DMR starts: I damn adore the DMR as a support weapon. AR/Pistol starts are perfect to me, and the DMR being a pickup in those gametypes is the ideal use for it. That way, it's like a middle tier specialty weapon.
By now I doubt you care though. You've all heard this so many times :lol I'm still going to come back to this game every once in a while, and I'm hoping to play campaign a bunch over break. But the MP clearly isn't for me.
Enjoy the Noble pack, it looks awesome.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I hadn't played Reach since Oct 19 (over 5 weeks) until this weekend. I played some MP on my bro-in-law's account. I expected it to take a while to get into the groove, but man, I gotta say... it felt good. I was back to doming fools with the DMR within the first couple minutes.

Really though, my performance doesn't mean anything. I'm a level ~35 truskill player and he's probably closer to 15 (not very good at all) so all I was really doing was going Beast Mode all over some unsuspecting scrubs :lol

The worst was the game of SWAT, though. Bro-in-law had played 0 SWAT so he wasn't ranked. I went +14 and we won 50-17. One poor dude on the opposing team stayed the entire match, and got ZERO kills. ZERO. I can appreciate not being very good. Especially at SWAT. But... I can't believe he truly went 0-14. :lol

Moral of the story: if you've been feeling burnt out on Halo, play on the account of someone much worse than you and clean up against some noobs.

GDJustin said:
Moral of the story: if you've been feeling burnt out on Halo, play on the account of someone much worse than you and clean up against some noobs.
Bungie could bring a lot of people back to Reach slowly by switching off TrueSkill in a few playlists.

Any bronze/iron players up for some arena while waiting for the map pack? hit up electricpirate (with a "I'm from gaf" or something) message if you want to get some games in.

Hey You

bleahy said:
We give what we get. That's what we're getting from MS PR.
MS said you could only give them to US residents?

For the Reach beta giveaway you guys did (Which I won a code from <3) I don't remember the news story saying US that time..

Raide said:
I know how it is...*grumble*Forgetacular Contest*grumble* Good luck to everyone that enters!
To be fair, I think ske7ch mentioned they wanted to open Forgetacular to everyone, but Microsoft couldn't/wouldn't allow it.

bleahy

Neo Member
Hey You said:
MS said you could only give them to US residents?

For the Reach beta giveaway you guys did (Which I won a code from <3) I don't remember the news story saying US that time..

I think it has to do with region allocations for the codes. MS Europe will be doing some, MS Canada, etc. We were told US only.

Raide

Shake Appeal said:
To be fair, I think ske7ch mentioned they wanted to open Forgetacular to everyone, but Microsoft couldn't/wouldn't allow it.

I am having my own personal contest, which is actually finish a map I am working on. :lol

GhaleonEB

urk said:
K.

You guys want a tour of the maps? Or will that enhance the blue balls?

Eh. It's one day, you'll live.

vv There's plenty of gameplay vids out now, such as Bungie's previews. But I didn't get a feel for the maps from them, which is why I thought a walk-through would be nice. But NM.

Raide

GhaleonEB said:
K.

You guys want a tour of the maps? Or will that enhance the blue balls?

Would actually prefer some games being played. Would be nice to see some CTF action on the new maps if possible. :D

MMaRsu

Any giveaways aside from the IGN one? Got no cash at the moment but I'm an avid Halo player and can't wait for the new maps :D.

I just don't wanna miss any giveaways ^^. When is Domino doing his?

Anyway just wanna say this is imo THE best shooter out there right now..screw Black Ops ;).

Im just sick of these forge world maps, they are pretty much all boring..

but yeaaa let's hope :D THE MAN :D Domino can provide ^^

Sai-kun

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Any giveaways aside from the IGN one? Got no cash at the moment but I'm an avid Halo player and can't wait for the new maps :D.

I just don't wanna miss any giveaways ^^. When is Domino doing his?

Anyway just wanna say this is imo THE best shooter out there right now..screw Black Ops ;).

Im just sick of these forge world maps, they are pretty much all boring..

but yeaaa let's hope :D THE MAN :D Domino can provide ^^

Domino and I will be getting our codes tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom