• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeth

So I've popped a few of the Noble achievements, but after a power cycle I've lost them. Is this going to throw my total out of whack or cause me any problems?

Also I'm up for customs, invite me through Dani's tag.

It is so goddamn refreshing to see brand-new multiplayer palettes.

If anyone has any screenshots/video requests, let me know. I don't have Bungie Pro, though, so someone else will have to cover the render minutes.

Arnie

Keep the impressions coming guys, can't wait to pick up the maps tomorrow. I don't even enjoy Reach as I did other Halo's but I'm willing to buy them just to support the artists. That stuff is unbelievable. Seriously Bungie must be the most underrated studio when it comes to visuals this generation, even Halo 3 had it's moments when things just synced up to look absolutely stunning.

Oh and part two of my "I just can't Reach" article is coming along nicely, will post when done.

Enjoy guys, I expect a full Anchor 9 MLG dissection by the morning.:D

Oh and it's snowing like a blizzard in England.

Damn! I wanna play so bad but I work like a f'in 70 hour week. Ill be on Saturday hopefully for a little. Maybe this morning too to see the maps!

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Holy fuck Dani those last few are sick. Makes me wanna play that mission in campaign..........naahhh lol

Edit: also, ggs kylej. I think those were the first games we've actually played. Shoot me a FR if you want

Yeah that was fun. I got distracted a bit near the end because someone was moving into my apartment but we still did well. I forgot how fun it is to run a train on kids with a T04. Been too long. FR sent.

We just played straight FFA slayer on Anchor 9. Started out with four, but people kept joining. Map feels pretty good. Rocket launcher really dominates, though. Shield doors are irksome, but not horribly so. The low-gravity jumps are actually pretty fun!

Definitely think it would better in a team game, though. You feel very exposed in the two 'canyons' in FFA.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Arnie said:
Keep the impressions coming guys, can't wait to pick up the maps tomorrow. I don't even enjoy Reach as I did other Halo's but I'm willing to buy them just to support the artists. That stuff is unbelievable. Seriously Bungie must be the most underrated studio when it comes to visuals this generation, even Halo 3 had it's moments when things just synced up to look absolutely stunning.

Oh and part two of my "I just can't Reach" article is coming along nicely, will post when done.

Enjoy guys, I expect a full Anchor 9 MLG dissection by the morning.:D

Oh and it's snowing like a blizzard in England.
As a Canadian, this isn't good news as we're bound to get something equally or more deadly. Fuck.

Dang, even more people got codes, I promise to not complain about AL anymore....

ugh, I can't do that, wouldn't be any fun without complaining about it. I'll probably have to wait to pick this map pack up anyways.

feel

In Anchor9 I keep going outside looking for enemies, and then get totally distracted by the stunning vista, completing forgetting I'm supposed to be in a firefight, and BAM rocket comes as a reminder, then I get to see my body floating towards the planet. This is awesome.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Falt said:
Just throwing it out there but... Elite Slayer getting it's own playlist would be ever so lovely. A la swat and living dead.
Burn it!

And how! Seriously loving Tempest's aesthetic.
I agree. It was fun at first, but now, ugh. If it comes up for vote in a lobby, it always wins, no matter what shitty map it might be on. And every game is just an AL-plasma spam fest — it barely resembles Halo. I really don't mind AL as much as some, but it gets old fast when everyone in a game is using it.

Can't wait for the new maps. Anchor 9 looks especially awesome.

Willeth

I can see myself having a LOT of fun with the space area. You can utilise the low-grav to make some sweet tactical jumps from the lower level outside to the upper level inside.

Willeth said:
I can see myself having a LOT of fun with the space area. You can utilise the low-grav to make some sweet tactical jumps from the lower level outside to the upper level inside.
You can also jump straight from rocket walkway to the upper platform inside (it's easier if you sprint first, but it can be done without). And if you sprint-jump at the back of the map you can jump directly from one base to the other using the little raised platform in the middle.

neoism

GhaleonEB said:
Looks like half the team caught the bug going around that wallped my wife and I over the break, they're all "WFH" today.

Oh hey, what's this. Hmm. I might not be up to full speed yet myself. Best to knock off early today and make sure I don't relapse.

<3
Awesome

neoism

Dax01 said:
My god. Tempest is absolutely, positively gorgeous. Dunno how well it plays yet, but damn, how can a map that looks this good play badly?

Bungie does a little fan service with Tempest as well. Ever wonder what it's like to be near the edge of a Halo? Well, know you can find out. I've always wondered what it looked like.
Still so sad it isn't 8v8... :( But I agree it's probably there best "looking" map ever. :O

Arnie

Shake Appeal said:
Oh God yes. He jetpacks around space constantly bombarding you with them. :lol
:lol For once I'm glad to be missing out of customs. Low Gravity needles makes my brain hurt.

neoism

Dani said:
reach_dium.jpg

<3
wallpaper size please.. :O

NH Apache

Banned
Signing in now if a spot opens. I'm very good at absorbing copious amounts of damage.

Edit: Damn Neo, you may want to start condensing your posts. People with red names may not like that style.

MrDaravon

neoism said:
what time does the maps go up... :?

Marketplace updates usually go up at 5am EST, but not sure about what time the DLC playlist itself will go up; I would guess at 6am EST when the Challenges normally reset, but I don't know that for a fact.

I think Breakpoint may be my favorite Invasion map, even though I only played one game of it. It gives the high point advantage to the attacking team for the first phase, which is pretty relieving.

Edit: Wish we could've gotten more games on Tempest. That map left me wanting more.

There seemed to be a lot of shield-door camping on Anchor 9 in FFA. It's not as prevalent in Team Slayer because in Team Slayer the combat is spread out more around the map, but it did rear its ugly head in FFA.

Customs are different from matchmaking, so what I played might not be a good indicator for what most people will experience.

Ramirez

The maps look amazing, and Tempest will probably become the best objective map in the game. Looks like it will work well for 4v4 even, Anchor 9 looks fun too, we'll see about the shield doors. Didn't do much on the Invasion map, it looks really nice though. I logged on to play but no one was on. :lol

feel

Tons of fun on Anchor 9 and on the one match I played on Tempest. Great maps. Shame that things won't probably be as good tomorrow when thousands of Shake Appeals start camping the shield doors with shotguns/rockets in every match. :p

Cant wait for the maps, they look great. Blah I have work from 9-5 tomorrow, so it looks like Ill miss them right when they come out..unless..when do they hit usually, EST?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mikasangelos said:
Im online right now. Where all the gaffers at?

New Vegas tonight, 12 hour university day tomorrow, prep for presentation wednesday, so I'll be on thursday! :lol

enzo_gt said:
This thread is going to hit OT3 tomorrow. Damn.

I don't think we have to do that anymore since we are in the community forum now, do we?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alienshogun said:
I don't think we have to do that anymore since we are in the community forum now, do we?
I'm pretty sure the 20 000 post limit had to do with thread archiving or something, if I'm not mistaken, so it applies for all threads.

GhaleonEB

enzo_gt said:
I'm pretty sure the 20 000 post limit had to do with thread archiving or something, if I'm not mistaken, so it applies for all threads.
Yup. If anyone wants to make new banners/headers (DLC/Playlists, Community, Overview) that would be great. I'm going to boil it all down to one post, cut most of the fluff out. Otherwise we'll just rock what we have for now.

Oozer3993

Geez, I leave to do some Christmas shopping/pick up an XBL points card, eat dinner, then watch Chuck & The Event and I miss codes being t-shirt cannoned onto the intertubes. Yet another sign that I should never, ever step away from my computer :lol

Great to hear the positive impressions and I can't wait to join you guys tomorrow. :D

Reach just did the weirdest thing to me. I logged on and my NAT type was "Moderate" when it's usually "Open" so I went to restart my modem and router which in the past has fixed it. I log back on and none of my stats are displaying right nor is my Spartan equipped properly but my cR is still the same. I've had this problem before and it usually fixes itself but I got impatient and logged out and in again. This time the game seems to have defaulted everything. Everything in my Armory is listed as "New!", my Spartan is back to standard Mark V with randomized colors, emblem and callsign and my control settings are default. Thank god my cR was still fine and everything I unlocked in the Armory remained unlocked. I logged out and back in again to see if everything would be normal this time and I was greeted with the "Welcome to Noble" screen you get when booting up Reach the first time and everything was still reset. Really weird; anyone else have this happen to them?

GhaleonEB said:
Yup. If anyone wants to make new banners/headers (DLC/Playlists, Community, Overview) that would be great. I'm going to boil it all down to one post, cut most of the fluff out. Otherwise we'll just rock what we have for now.

If I could request something, maybe a link to the ForgeGAF thread in the OP?

GhaleonEB

timetokill said:
If I could request something, maybe a link to the ForgeGAF thread in the OP?
I had one from the day that thread was made until just a week ago at the very top of the OP. :p

I removed it when I was doing a de-cluttering session, but I'll put it back more prominently for the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom