• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujo

Half way through the weekly already, I didn't mean to play that much...

Wait people are getting the maps already? And here I've been playing Rumble Pit non-stop like a sucker

3 games in a row I manage to get 10 skulls in Headhunter and get hit metres from the drop off point, I gotta say I am a little mad at the moment...

Loxley

I just got back into Reach after messing around with it for a bit when the game launched, so I'm complete shit for the moment.

Good lord, Big Team Battle on Hemorrhage can turn into a base-raping fest quickly if one side's vehicles get completely demolished in the initial mid-map vehicle clash. My only defense at that point is armor lock + plasma pistol, which I admit I'm getting slightly getter at using and taking out Ghosts with, but ugh the headaches that map + mode combo can produce :lol

On a side note, I've been watching a few Reach gameplay/commentaries on Machinima and trying to watch people who seriously kick ass to gain some insight. Turns out that once I decided to actually pay attention to the targeting reticle for the DMR and pistol I ended up winning DMR duels for a change. Who knew.

NOKYARD

Deathless Spear - 1250cR
Complete Tip of the Spear on Legendary without dying.

Now THAT'S a challenge!

Don't care much about the points. The satisfaction of seeing the final Elite :D blow up in a cloud of pink mist :D while mere inches from slicing me in half was worth the entire cache of points from last week.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Since Ghaleon and others will tour across the various maps, here's a look at Anchor 9 you may miss out on when playing.

Give these ships names!

reach_10477419_Medium.jpg

Heavy Weapons!

reach_10477478_Medium.jpg

Can you spot the Spartan?

reach_10477477_Medium.jpg

How many games will you play until you discover this area?

reach_10477474_Medium.jpg

Bungie - great environmental artists?

reach_10477489_Medium.jpg

Or greatest environmental artists in the industry?

reach_10477485_Medium.jpg

<3 Bungie

reach_10477479_Medium.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Holy fuck Dani those last few are sick. Makes me wanna play that mission in campaign..........naahhh lol

Edit: also, ggs kylej. I think those were the first games we've actually played. Shoot me a FR if you want

Blueblur1

How are you liking the maps, Dani? I can tell you're really happy. :D

I'm trying my hand at winning codes. If I don't, I may pick up the maps later on.

MMaRsu

Sai-kun said:
Domino and I will be getting our codes tomorrow.

Oh my :D

Man I really hope I don't miss the GAF giveaways :(.. gotta work all day tomorrow!

New Reach maps woohooo

those pictures look amazing!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MMaRsu said:
Oh my :D

Man I really hope I don't miss the GAF giveaways :(.. gotta work all day tomorrow!

New Reach maps woohooo

those pictures look amazing!
I'm going to STAY F5ing this thread tomorrow. :lol Hope they don't go out late when I'm in class and have no service D:

In the spirit of walkthroughs, we threw a camera around each of the maps last week and cut together some footage showing off some of the their finer points. I have to say that these three skyboxes are ridiculous. Probably my favorite of any of Halo's multiplayer maps.

Anchor 9

Others should follow in our channel. :)

GhaleonEB

In which I fly over, drive through and walk around Tempest in Forge. This is mainly for spacially challenged guys like me who needed to soak in all in slowly in order to get oriented.

Stuff that surprised me (I'll admit I didn't watch any of the media preview videos, just Bungie's):

Driving the s-curve of the map, it's quite large. But jetting straight across it, it's more akin to Standoff in the distance between the bases.

There are four man cannons, two on each side of the map, facing each other. Using the ones to the left of the bases, you can jet over to the ninja tunnels to the opposing base in just a few seconds. Many a rapid invasion/flag steal will take place there.

It's very, very hilly. Snipers will have to pick their perches carefully. I don't see the sniper dominating, as there are foot routes along the sides where they can avoid view from the center almost the entire time.

I really dig the layout. It's Standoff, twisted like Avalanche, with Valhalla's hilly, open middle with lots of man cannons. And it's pretty. I'm sure Dani will give it the Anchor treatment shortly.

MMaRsu

enzo_gt said:
I'm going to STAY F5ing this thread tomorrow. :lol Hope they don't go out late when I'm in class and have no service D:

Yeah same here I just hope I don't miss em while at work :p.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aesop said:
30 posts bitching about how bad AL is should only count as one.

From my observation the people Urk gifted maps too are the members of HaloGAF that have been around for a very long time, I don't imagine you fall into that category.

Dax01 said:
My resolution for the new year will be to touch Bungie's doorknob at their new studio.

Might be complicated since you have a vice like grip on Ghaleon's balls. :lol :lol :lol

MMaRsu

Urk gave me acces to the reach beta after my bike just got stolen so I'll be forever grateful for that :). Urk = amazing!

GhaleonEB said:
In which I fly over, drive through and walk around Tempest in Forge. This is mainly for spacially challenged guys like me who needed to soak in all in slowly in order to get oriented.

Thanks for the video.

1) Was that a land mine that I saw for a split-second there?
2) BOO to that rock lip going into the cave near the waterfall. Looks like it's just there to prevent people crouch-walking their way into the base on that side.

GhaleonEB

timetokill said:
Thanks for the video.

1) Was that a land mine that I saw for a split-second there?
2) BOO to that rock lip going into the cave near the waterfall. Looks like it's just there to prevent people crouch-walking their way into the base on that side.
1) Yup. There are several on the map; I think they're just there on the Race variant but I'm not sure. On my first attempted drive-through, I "discovered" them. :lol

2) And yup, that's what I was trying to show by bumping into it. Interesting thing is, that rock lip is a Forge object, it can be deleted to make a smooth path. So it was either a late addition, or a design choice they wanted players to be able to undo.

Raide said:
Can you access the Full ForgeWorld palette too? Some picks of the new stuff would be nice. :D
It's the entire Forge World palette, with some new rocks. (The nicest new one is a large stone bridge, something I really wish was on Forge World.) All the old rocks are re-textured to match the visual theme of the new setting. Might be a few new odds and ends in there, but from my quick check I didn't notice much new. Same buildings, etc.

Raide

GhaleonEB said:
1) Yup. There are several on the map; I think they're just there on the Race variant but I'm not sure. On my first attempted drive-through, I "discovered" them. :lol

2) And yup, that's what I was trying to show by bumping into it. Interesting thing is, that rock lip is a Forge object, it can be deleted to make a smooth path. So it was either a late addition, or a design choice they wanted players to be able to undo.

Can you access the Full ForgeWorld palette too? Some picks of the new stuff would be nice. :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Breakpoint and Tempest

Steel Pillars

reach_10478709_Medium.jpg

Tatto.... Reach! =)

reach_10478692_Medium.jpg

>Insert witty comment here<

reach_10478732_Medium.jpg

Candy Clouds

reach_10479323_Medium.jpg

Scale

reach_10479346_Medium.jpg

Babelicious

reach_10479371_Medium.jpg

You could almost write an entire trilogy of books about the folks that built these... oh

reach_10479451_Medium.jpg

Which Installation is this?

reach_10479372_Medium.jpg

Lesbian Seagull

reach_10479500_Medium.jpg

Get Yur Matrix Outta My Reach

reach_10479504_Medium.jpg

<3 Bungie

reach_10479532_Medium.jpg

Falt

Just throwing it out there but... Elite Slayer getting it's own playlist would be ever so lovely. A la swat and living dead.
Burn it!

Blueblur1 said:
And how! Seriously loving Tempest's aesthetic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GhaleonEB said:

Stuff that surprised me (I'll admit I didn't watch any of the media preview videos, just Bungie's):

Driving the s-curve of the map, it's quite large. But jetting straight across it, it's more akin to Standoff in the distance between the bases.

There are four man cannons, two on each side of the map, facing each other. Using the ones to the left of the bases, you can jet over to the ninja tunnels to the opposing base in just a few seconds. Many a rapid invasion/flag steal will take place there.

It's very, very hilly. Snipers will have to pick their perches carefully. I don't see the sniper dominating, as there are foot routes along the sides where they can avoid view from the center almost the entire time.

I really dig the layout. It's Standoff, twisted like Avalanche, with Valhalla's hilly, open middle with lots of man cannons. And it's pretty. I'm sure Dani will give it the Anchor treatment shortly.
Omg, I never realized how much Tempest looks like Valhalla and looks like it will play like Valhalla. I thought you guys were just making arbitrary comparisons. I'm officially excited. BTB NEEDS this.

GhaleonEB said:

It's the entire Forge World palette, with some new rocks. (The nicest new one is a large stone bridge, something I really wish was on Forge World.) All the old rocks are re-textured to match the visual theme of the new setting. Might be a few new odds and ends in there, but from my quick check I didn't notice much new. Same buildings, etc.

1) Ah, makes sense for race. Hadn't even thought about it. I do wonder why they never use them for regular slayer maps though.

2) Good news that you can take it out, but still -- what an annoyance for possible assault matches :lol

Shame there's not much new in the Forge palette. Glad there are more rocks at least, but come on... no trees Bungie?

GhaleonEB

Dumb question of the day: how do you get "outside" the maps to take screens like that?

Alienshogun said:
Don't you just enter monitor mode then keep going up?
You hit a soft ceiling at the top of the building. No idea how to get as high as Dani is in that last shot, for instance.
Dani said:
No idea.

Hell no. Forge has soft barriers to keep players within a specific area at all times.
Thanks.

Okay, now I'm really jealous. No more pics! The wait is
almost
killing me.

Also, if anyone has a code, I will be your best friend if you let me borrow it. :)

feel

Amazing pics Dani. Bungle am gods.

So, any Noble maps gaf customs going on tonight? Preferably 4v4 with lots of DMR slayer on Tempest and Anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom