• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhaleonEB said:
I had one from the day that thread was made until just a week ago at the very top of the OP. :p

I removed it when I was doing a de-cluttering session, but I'll put it back more prominently for the next.

Funny timing then... I could've sworn I had seen it before, and then went back to check and was surprised it wasn't there :lol Thanks!

Ramirez

Let me be the first to apologize, from my few games with these maps, they all seem pretty legit. The shield doors are my only concern for any of them really...love Tempest. Does the playlist go up tomorrow?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
neoism said:
wallpaper size please.. :O

High-res version here.

Edit: I just got the new Armour Lock achievement for killing a vehicle with AL... on Countdown. There's no vehicles on that map. :lol

Some dude died in the EMP blast of my Lock and the achievement unlocked. Odd.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Finally got around to roaming around the maps with Nutter.

If there's one thing I caught from this map pack, it's how gosh darn BEAUTIFUL every map is. Holy shit at the graphics.

I'm also surprised how much Tempest feels like a mini-Waterworks.

Letters said:
Tons of fun on Anchor 9 and on the one match I played on Tempest. Great maps. Shame that things won't probably be as good tomorrow when thousands of Shake Appeals start camping the shield doors with shotguns/rockets in every match. :p
Hey, I voiced my concern about shield doors early and often, but I also play to win. :lol

The big ones are particularly hard to judge because of the weird angle on them, and because of the changing gravity. Oddball is going to be hellish.

I love that map otherwise, though, even the low-gravity parts because the jumps up to and between the platforms feel so right. I want to see what default Multiflag is like on it, because that 'Anchor 541' custom thing was kinda wacky.

Trasher

Domino Theory said:
Finally got around to roaming around the maps with Nutter.

If there's one thing I caught from this map pack, it's how gosh darn BEAUTIFUL every map is. Holy shit at the graphics.

I'm also surprised how much Tempest feels like a mini-Walmart.
For whatever reason that's what I read the first time seeing this post.

Dani said:
Edit: I just got the new Armour Lock achievement for killing a vehicle with AL... on Countdown. There's no vehicles on that map. :lol

Some dude died in the EMP blast of my Lock and the achievement unlocked. Odd.
Not sure if I should be happy or unhappy about that.
Also:
santa.png

Awesome.

Oh God, I just played a game of Multiteam Elite Slayer where everyone, every last player, except me was using the AL loadout. Needles, sticks, and like four people ALing at once. I was dying of laughter at these clowns.

Shake Appeal said:
Oh God, I just played a game of Multiteam Elite Slayer where everyone, every last player, except me was using the AL loadout. Needles, sticks, and like four people ALing at once. I was dying of laughter at these clowns.
I was in there, too. What can I say, I like Armor Lock. :p

Raide

Blastin' and Relaxin' 2000cR
Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

T-Hug It Out 1100cR
Kill 4 enemies with close quarters combat in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Double Double 1350cR
Earn 2 Double Kills in the same match in Multiplayer Matchmaking.

Participation Counts 1300cR
Complete 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Falt

Maps are queued :D Impressions are killing me, it's going to be a long day in work!

I wish we could gift points/games/dlc, whatever. My housemate has no points at the minute and I have 2000 sitting on my account going no where.

Shake Appeal said:

Elite Slayer needs it's own playlist.

BTB Elite Slayer on Boneyard last night broke me. I don't feel confident with the covenant weapon set, power weapons and particularly anti-vehicle (where are they, plasma pistol?!) When the other team are bombing spawns with the Banshee and Wraith, it can feel like a lost cause.

Raide

Falt said:
Elite Slayer needs it's own playlist.

They should have an Elite Playlist with Elite Slayer and other Elite only Modes. Multi-team Elites would be fun. As well as Elite CTF, Assault etc.

Blue Ninja said:
I was in there, too. What can I say, I like Armor Lock. :p
I would have done a lot better if I'd just joined in, but I stuck to my principles. And lost. A lot.

I like Elite Slayer, even with the wacky goofiness, but I was really the only person in that whole game not using AL. At one point I turned a corner and saw three people ALing together in the middle of a field, like they were in a huddle or something.

Raide said:
They should have an Elite Playlist with Elite Slayer and other Elite only Modes. Multi-team Elites would be fun. As well as Elite CTF, Assault etc.
I don't think they can afford to dilute the playlist population much more than they already have. But it would make a good Double Credits Weekend playlist, along with Living Dead, Rocket Race, etc.

Falt said:
I wish we could gift points/games/dlc, whatever. My housemate has no points at the minute and I have 2000 sitting on my account going no where.
It's really stupid that you can't, given how successful it is on e.g. Steam.

Zel3

Raide said:
Don't forget Armor Lock as the only load out. :lol

Shake Appeal said:
I would have done a lot better if I'd just joined in, but I stuck to my principles. And lost. A lot.

Yep, this is me, every single time in Elite Slayer. I refuse to use that awful AA. REFUSE. And I always lose to the 95% of players spamming it constantly :lol

Shake Appeal said:
Evade works pretty well, too. The game after I played with you, I stuck to Evade, and still managed to get a pretty decent score.

But yeah, I just started picking Armor Lock because everybody was using it. It's annoying sometimes, sure, but in a gametype with Plasma Grenades a'plenty, I can see why they're using it.

Most playlists have gone up at 9am est I believe. Probably the same here.

Anyone remember halo 2 taking 2weeks to get the maps in matchmaking? That sucked.

First impressions after taking a stroll through the new maps:

* Drop dead fucking gorgeous. Especially Tempest.

* Breakpoint... just... gah... I'm in awe of the sheer tactical variety on hand here. Its gargantuan, varied, vertical, devious. Wow just wow. I can't even think of any level in Halo or other games to compare it to. Its a magnum opus to all that is BTB.

* First I wanted a Halo:CE remake, then I didn't. After walking through Tempest, I want one again :lol

* Colors. Grass. Creeks. Skyboxes. Monolithic architecture. And behold, the escarpments!

* Who do I have to bribe/fuck/kill for Firefight support in these spaces? Just tell me what (or who) to do Bungie.

wwm0nkey

electricpirate said:
Most playlists have gone up at 9am est I believe. Probably the same here.

Anyone remember halo 2 taking 2weeks to get the maps in matchmaking? That sucked.
But in Halo 2 everyone played custom games :D

Zeouterlimits said:
I loved Elite Slayer during the Beta, it was my favourite gametype.
By god I wish they'd remove AL from ES gametypes. Please.
Thinking about this a bit more:
Other possibilities:

-Remove Stickies from some/every Elite Loadout but keep AL
Basically you shouldn't have AL and Stickies at the same time, unless you pick them up on the map.

Don't remove Armor Lock from Elite Slayer. Thats where that basura belongs. Take it OUT OF Arena and Slayer/SlayerPro/Wherever it is in variants. Can keep it in Infection to if you want.

NullPointer said:
First impressions after taking a stroll through the new maps:

* Drop dead fucking gorgeous. Especially Tempest.

* Breakpoint... just... gah... I'm in awe of the sheer tactical variety on hand here. Its gargantuan, varied, vertical, devious. Wow just wow. I can't even think of any level in Halo or other games to compare it to. Its a magnum opus to all that is BTB.

* First I wanted a Halo:CE remake, then I didn't. After walking through Tempest, I want one again :lol

* Colors. Grass. Creeks. Skyboxes. Monolithic architecture. And behold, the escarpments!

* Who do I have to bribe/fuck/kill for Firefight support in these spaces? Just tell me what (or who) to do Bungie.
Lol, escarpments.

xxjuicesxx said:
Don't remove Armor Lock from Elite Slayer. Thats where that basura belongs. Take it OUT OF Arena and Slayer/SlayerPro/Wherever it is in variants. Can keep it in Infection to if you want.
Man, what kind of attitude is that Juices?
Why dump it just where you don't play? What's wrong with removing it from where you don't want it and being satisfied?

Is it because you think Bungie wouldn't basically completely remove it as it would be an admission of failure/mistake, that it would have to have a presence in MM?
Probably half right.

Challenges today look very doable. I would like to reiterate my brothers sentiments as to how good it is that Bungie haven't rewarded a challenge with less than 1,000 cR for some time now.

feel

Dani said:
Loving the DJ on radio Tempest.

Edit: Sweet, all the maps have radios. <3
:lol Where?? Under the crashed Longsword on the beach? Not sure but I think I saw a regular radio under there as I was passing by. I need to dedicate much more time to roaming these maps today, yesterday I got Kinect Sports and was too distracted by that. Also got new vegas, dance central and some blurays, entertainment overload!! Still, halo maps must take priority.

Mojo said:
Map pack is up on xbox.com, I'm 200msp short qq
At first glance I read that as if the maps were just at 200 points due to an error, and was about to phone call a bunch of people.

Zeouterlimits said:
Man, what kind of attitude is that Juices?
Why dump it just where you don't play? What's wrong with removing it from where you don't want it and being satisfied?

Is it because you think Bungie wouldn't basically completely remove it as it would be an admission of failure/mistake, that it would have to have a presence in MM?
Probably half right.

No I kinda like Armor Lock now n then where it belongs. I think you have the wrong idea of what I play...you can By Playlist me if you want but I play a lot of playlist that have Elite Slayer in them. I haven't even really stepped into the Arena.

I just don't believe it fosters competitive play because it really slows the gameplay down. Speed is part of skill in an FPS in my eyes. So I don't like it in the super competitive playlists, so Arena and the Slayer/Pro Slayer variants in other lists (Slayer and Objective mostly). You can keep it in BTB, Invasion, FF, Multi-Team (not slayer though)

Ramirez said:
Let me be the first to apologize, from my few games with these maps, they all seem pretty legit. The shield doors are my only concern for any of them really...love Tempest. Does the playlist go up tomorrow?
Holy crap, hype level just skyrocketed. Only 8 more hours of hell/work...

edit: lol, my K/D ratio is 1.17. Sweet!

xxjuicesxx said:
No I kinda like Armor Lock now n then where it belongs. I think you have the wrong idea of what I play...you can By Playlist me if you want but I play a lot of playlist that have Elite Slayer in them. I haven't even really stepped into the Arena.
So you feel ES is okay as is? With AL & Stickies?
Why can't/shouldn't ES be competitive or held in the same regard as the Slayer/Pro Slayer variants?

Zeouterlimits said:
So you feel ES is okay as is? With AL & Stickies?
Why can't/shouldn't ES be competitive or held in the same regard as the Slayer/Pro Slayer variants?
Competitive dinosaurs?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom