• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Just got home from work. House is damn freezing since the boiler packed up while I was at work. Currently huddling in a room with all my electrical equipment on. :lol

All the DLC codes gone already then?

Just played Slayer Pro on Anchor 9 and BTB Slayer on Breakpoint.

First off, 12 players is a bit much on Anchor 9, although I can tell that this map will be great for 4v4. The space area doesn't feel gimmicky at all, but it can sometimes be annoying when you're fighting someone and they take cover behind the shield doors.

Breakpoint for BTB Slayer is alright. Like Dax said, the spawns are kinda random so you don't know where the other team will spawn. I've had my team spawn near me while I was fighting some guys in the large tunnel, which was weird. The map does look really nice though. I will reserve further feedback once I get some Invasion games on it.

Miggytronz

aesop said:
Here ya go, all the rest please ask in the other thread.

M3x2U.jpg

haha NICE!

+rep

Is there anyway to buy the Map Pack online and end up with a code?

I am looking to give a few away, but since I am at work right now (very, very far from an EB Games) I can't pick the codes up myself in person.

aesop

Devin Olsen said:
Is there anyway to buy the Map Pack online and end up with a code?

I am looking to give a few away, but since I am at work right now (very, very far from an EB Games) I can't pick the codes up myself in person.

Doesn't look like it. Wasn't Domino saying something about having to buy points and gift them for map packs before Gamestop started selling the codes?

Glad to hear Bungie and freebies going hand in hand is still strong. One of the more awesome developers.

I just hope it gets into the hands of the folks who really need the code in this Christmas season. Can't wait to see the new maps tonight!

lionelhutz

Did anyone receive the flaming helmet through the Gamestop deal? I entered my DLC code and received the map pack, but nothing unlocked in the avatar section.

Dax01 said:
Tempest needs to be given more weight in the DLC playlist. It's not appearing often enough.
And as soon as I post that, I get a game on Tempest.

I've only played a game on it so far, but I think it might be my new favorite map. However, the deal with the spawns I mentioned with Breakpoint is the same for Tempest. There should be a red base and a blue base, not two "purple bases."

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
amazed at how good these new maps look, and from my very limited play time, they seem to play FANTASTICALLY, tempest and anchor 9 especially seem like instant classics.

electricpirate said:
Tempest would be the best map in the game if it wasn't for the framerate issues :(.
I haven't noticed any framerate issues. But then again, I only played one game on it.

Re: different type of spawning for larger maps. Larger maps may play better this way, I dunno, but I'm going to remain skeptical until I have a chance to try out the classic spawning system in customs.

kylej

Banned
Dax01 said:
Just played a slayer game on Breakpoint.

While it works better than Spire and Boneyard as a BTB map, there are some things I'm a little iffy about. One is the spawns. There is no set red base or blue base: everyone spawns all over the place. I much prefer Avalanche's and Valhalla's system of having a set base for each team.

Welcome to Halo: Reach!

Maps are bought. Looking forward to playing them tonight.

Achronos

It does, it just doesn't break them down by map (that database table is already huge, adding another part to the primary key would suck in so many ways). The other aggregates (medals, enemies, weapons) are still there.

For example - custom firefight medals.

GhaleonEB said:
Speaking of which, I wish bungie.net tracked custom Firefight games, not just custom Multiplayer games. Seems an odd omission.

GhaleonEB

Achronos said:
It does, it just doesn't break them down by map (that database table is already huge, adding another part to the primary key would suck in so many ways). The other aggregates (medals, enemies, weapons) are still there.

For example - custom firefight medals.
Ah, I didn't realize the filter option was down there, I was just toggling them main options at the top. Thanks.

The reason I brought it up is because I've recently linked up my daughter to a Gold Live account and Bungie.net, and after every game she goes to check her stats. She loves tallying up the medals and kills, but we couldn't find how to see some epic fun FF custom games we had. Now she can. She'll be delighted. :D

Dirtbag

7echnicolor said:
Buy the map pack, you won't be disappointed ;)

It's not the maps I'm worried about.
I'm really hot and cold on the overall gameplay, and armor lock has me in fits of rage these days.

Reach gameplay might be unhealthy for my overall blood pressure :lol

Raide

Still Freezing. Might actually die. Actually wish I had the old style 360 that pumped out more heat. :lol

Thinking about playing Reach but I have to keep my gloves on. :D

They look amazing, but I'm a little short on funds at the moment. I still might get them, though I shouldn't. :p

Still haven't picked up the Undead Nightmare pack for RDR, either...

LordAlu

Raide said:
Still Freezing. Might actually die. Actually wish I had the old style 360 that pumped out more heat. :lol

Thinking about playing Reach but I have to keep my gloves on. :D
Maybe your neighbors might have a plug-in heater you could borrow till your boiler is fixed? That way, you'll be warm, and you can play Reach! Win-win!

Raide

LordAlu said:
Maybe your neighbors might have a plug-in heater you could borrow till your boiler is fixed? That way, you'll be warm, and you can play Reach! Win-win!

One is away on Holiday and the other is mental. If I went around there to ask, I might actually end up being skinned and eaten. :lol

Raide said:
One is away on Holiday and the other is mental. If I went around there to ask, I might actually end up being skinned and eaten. :lol
Well, depending on where you go where you die, it might actually be warm. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fellow HaloGaffers it is time we gathered around the campfire for a story.

This story is about a fellow HaloGaffer you may now him as the one who calls himself Sai-kun, but no! Here is more than that, he is a good samaritan, nay! A patron saint!

This man's charities knows no bounds and does not see man for the wicked and cruel person they can be, no he sees us for the innocent child we once were of the yonder years which spouted expletives that would cause shame to all who know us whilst we camped with Rockets in H2 on Ascension.

Still he loves us all, all of his children he loves and he gives! Oh how he gives! Freely and kindly asking nothing in return! That we may dance in the mighty halls and fields of this new map pack a dance of death!

Let us never forget what this man has done and will do. For he is truly Noble and just and from henceforth shall be known as Noble-kun.

He gave me a code.

oh gosh

First impressions were positive, a room full of Gaffer's probably helped that though.

Tempest is a really fun map to use the hog on, fun to dance around it, get flipped, right ourselves, and continue the fight. Sniper, rockets, etc are really well balanced, and there are lots of really cool nooks and cranny's to sneak into/assault a base. I got framerate issues while zoomed in on a guy firing the turreted weapons though. so that really sucks :(.

Anchor 9 retains some elements of the pit, the site lines are pretty similar, but it's a good deal smaller, and there's no sniping (as lazlo pointed out). The sides are tighter rooms, which provide some nice CQB. Outdoors is fun, especially with a jetpack. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You'll grasp the layout immediately, and I think it will be great for flag games.

BTB on Breakpoint is going to be interesting. We did one flag, and it worked pretty well. heavy Vehichles spawn in after about a minute, so be prepared to send someone out to the middle for the banshee. Flag pulls are going to be tough, defenders get a bunch of power weapons, but the defensible point isn't too strong.

Plywood said:

This story is about a fellow HaloGaffer you may now him as the one who calls himself Sai-kun, but no! Here is more than that, he is a good samaritan, nay! A patron saint!

This man's charities knows no bounds and does not see man for the wicked and cruel person they can be, no he sees us for the innocent child we once were of the yonder years which spouted expletives that would cause shame to all who know us whilst we camped with Rockets in H2 on Ascension.

Still he loves us all, all of his children he loves and he gives! Oh how he gives! Freely and kindly asking nothing in return! That we may dance in the mighty halls and fields of this new map pack a dance of death!

Let us never forget what this man has done and will do. For he is truly Noble and just and from henceforth shall be known as Noble-kun.

He gave me a code.

oh gosh
Praise be! I've tried several avenues for getting a code, but alas.

Plywood said:

He gave me a code.

oh gosh

Oh Gosh.

Shamelessy begs for a code.

Firefight versus is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom