• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all the hype of the map pack this might get overlooked, but everyone go try out Firefight versus, its like a super awesome fun version of doubles. Its a bit of a shooting gallery because Spartans are really strong but its fun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
Hayo!

http://imgur.com/vsAsR.jpg[IMG]
[I]Excuse the extra terrible MS Paint Skills... If someone wants to whip up a temporary Banner I would appreciate it, but it isn't really necessary[/I]

If you're looking for a chance to win the Map Pack codes then check out this contest on HBO.

[URL="http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=31878"]Link[/URL]

Contest ends at 7PM PST so hurry up and get your name in![/QUOTE]

Entered :)

Azar

For everyone who has the maps already: is Tempest the standout favorite, or do you prefer one of the other maps? Looking forward to playing them eventually.

Kujo

Good to hear the maps seem to be good, I'll need to wait a couple days to grab a MSP card

Shake Appeal said:
Does anyone know the conditions for the Stockpile achievement?
Apparently your team just needs to get a flag from each of the (four?) flag spawn locations scored at the same time in a single flag round. Then everyone on the team should get the achievement.

Azar said:
For everyone who has the maps already: is Tempest the standout favorite, or do you prefer one of the other maps? Looking forward to playing them eventually.

Tempest definitely seems to be the best for sure. It's like Standoff with a hint of Valhalla. Both were my favorite maps from Halo 3.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading now.
Watching all the quicklooks while it finishes. Anchor 9 looks awesome.

Hayo!

vsAsR.jpg

Excuse the extra terrible MS Paint Skills... If someone wants to whip up a temporary Banner I would appreciate it, but it isn't really necessary

If you're looking for a chance to win the Map Pack codes then check out this contest on HBO.

Link

Contest ends at 7PM PST so hurry up and get your name in!

Sorry for the re-post...

Hey You

Is the Grab Bag playlist just Firefight versus? Or does it change?

The Description states "These playlists are available for a limited time only. Get 'em while they're hot!"

Thanks a bunch Sai Kun, you are awesome!

Ive been away from Reach's multiplayer for a while, but this is the perfect day to get back into it. Map pack AND Firefight versus, salivating. Cant wait for the December playlist update either.

MANY thanks again Sai Kun!

Miggytronz

Devin Olsen said:
Hayo!

vsAsR.jpg

Excuse the extra terrible MS Paint Skills... If someone wants to whip up a temporary Banner I would appreciate it, but it isn't really necessary

Link

Sorry for the re-post...

yes!!

ffuuuuu WAYPOINT posted a code and i missed it.... sad panda.

electricpirate said:
Tempest would be the best map in the game if it wasn't for the framerate issues :(.

Ugh, this is one thing I am really angry at Bungie for, we go from H3 and H2, with very little if no framerate problems. I am one who doesn't really notice stuff like this and tearing in games, but in Reach it is actually noticeable and really takes away from the fun. I wish they could of kept it constant and 30 FPS even if that meant reducing some graphical areas. :/

Devin Olsen said:
Hayo!

vsAsR.jpg

Link

Sorry for the re-post...

Entered, hope I win but since it is on HBO's front page, there is little hope.

Dug

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Hayo!

vsAsR.jpg

Link

Sorry for the re-post...
Just entered, hope I get lucky! :D

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hey You said:
Is the Grab Bag playlist just Firefight versus? Or does it change?

The Description states "These playlists are available for a limited time only. Get 'em while they're hot!"

The plan is to rotate playlists. So, you might get Versus for a week or two, and then maybe you'll see a Team Slayer list built out of nothing but awesome community created maps. Maybe. :)

urk said:
The plan is to rotate playlists. So, you might get Versus for a week or two, and then maybe you'll see a Team Slayer list built out of nothing but awesome community created maps. Maybe. :)
This sounds succulent. Will try. Really happy to finally play Versus, though. :D

CrazedArabMan said:
Entered, hope I win but since it is on HBO's front page, there is little hope.
Yeah I wanted to just give the codes away here, but HBO has been my go-to community site for so long... I have to give back to it, you know?

Good luck though!

Hopefully the quick deadline will give you guys here a better chance... And beyond my post here, I won't pimp the contest on any other sites.

Magni

I've given it time. Armor Lock is the WORST thing to have come to Halo. The worst. Name me one thing that Bungie has ever introduced that is worse than Armor Lock, seriously, try to. You can't.

Other complaints, how do we play something other than Elite Slayer in Team Slayer. If I vote against it EVERY SINGLE ROUND why do you keep proposing it to me AT LEAST TWICE out of three options every time? And give me a lobby that votes unanimously for it every time? Finally, my last complaint, I'm getting 20+ kills way too often. My idea of a fun and fair game is not one good guy and three total noobs against one other good guy and three other noobs. How about making the noobs play the noobs and the good guys play the good guys?

Apart from that, how do we play on the new maps in MM? I haven't even seen them =(

Playlist wasn't up yet, nevermind. How do you play 4v4 on Anchor 9 in MM now?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wow just was on Tempest in Forge, map is so beautiful. Going to the back and pulling out the rock to find that cave that leads both ways was awesome! :D

Checking out Breakpoint now~

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Alright, who's first?

For international users: I have no clue if the codes work internationally or are US only so if you get a code from me and it doesn't end up working, let me know so I can give it to someone else or you can give it to someone else. :)

aesop

Domino Theory said:
Alright, who's first?

For international users: I have no clue if the codes work internationally or are US only so if you get a code from me and it doesn't end up working, let me know so I can give it to someone else or you can give it to someone else. :)

Me?

All the impressions so far seem overwhelmingly positive, I can't wait to get home and start the download.

I'd love to get together with some of HaloGAF to play on the new maps tonight. (I always miss Saturday customs)

Domino Theory said:
Alright, who's first?

What's happening here? I have a feeling that after I hit submit this post will have been quoted 10+ times.

How are you giving your codes away?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Domino Theory said:
Alright, who's first?

THEY WORK INTERNATIONALLY. ME PLEASE.

I have no money and my live will be expired tomorrow! Help a brother out :'(

MagniHarvald said:
I've given it time. Armor Lock is the WORST thing to have come to Halo. The worst. Name me one thing that Bungie has ever introduced that is worse than Armor Lock, seriously, try to. You can't.

Other complaints, how do we play something other than Elite Slayer in Team Slayer. If I vote against it EVERY SINGLE ROUND why do you keep proposing it to me AT LEAST TWICE out of three options every time? And give me a lobby that votes unanimously for it every time? Finally, my last complaint, I'm getting 20+ kills way too often. My idea of a fun and fair game is not one good guy and three total noobs against one other good guy and three other noobs. How about making the noobs play the noobs and the good guys play the good guys?

Apart from that, how do we play on the new maps in MM? I haven't even seen them =(

Playlist wasn't up yet, nevermind. How do you play 4v4 on Anchor 9 in MM now?

8 hit melee kills (Halo 2 v 1.0)

as more people get the maps you should see it come up in standard 4 vs. 4 playlists.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Devin Olsen said:
What's happening here? I have a feeling that after I hit submit this post will have been quoted 10+ times.

How are you giving your codes away?

Right here, right now. No contests, no waiting.

I will give a couple to HBO users via the forums later on.

Edit: Tashi, check PMs.

Raide

I am man enough to say I will happily beg for codes but I am sure to buy the DLC anyway. Hopefully some of those GAFers that cannot afford it now will get codes.

Look forward to Forging the hell out of the new maps. :lol

Willeth

Has anyone had an Invasion game on Breakpoint recently that could throw the Invasion:Breakpoint custom gametype on their fileshare (if possible)? Would love to give it a go but there's always at least one dude in Invasion who doesn't have the maps, and so we've played the same two over and over. The standard Invasion gametype (I imagine) plays very differently, and if we had the custom one at least we could set up a custom game.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
They finally added it?!?!?!?! ZOMG!
Apparantly a Grab Bag playlist for Firefight is up, but it's not on the Playlists page on b.net. Would love to see what's in it.

A post on Comm Chatter showing listing all the updates would be great. Can't wait to try some vs. tonight.

Devin Olsen said:
Yeah I wanted to just give the codes away here, but HBO has been my go-to community site for so long... I have to give back to it, you know?

Good luck though!

Hopefully the quick deadline will give you guys here a better chance... And beyond my post here, I won't pimp the contest on any other sites.
Just tweeted a tweet about your competition. Maybe it was a bad idea :lol

Btw. I'm just retweeting every noble Mappack contest on twitter.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Raide said:
I am man enough to say I will happily beg for codes but I am sure to buy the DLC anyway. Hopefully some of those GAFers that cannot afford it now will get codes.

Look forward to Forging the hell out of the new maps. :lol

Exactly my sentiment.

GhaleonEB said:
Apparantly a Grab Bag playlist for Firefight is up, but it's not on the Playlists page on b.net. Would love to see what's in it.

A post on Comm Chatter showing listing all the updates would be great. Can't wait to try some vs. tonight.

You can't pick just Vs. Firefight? That's completely lame. It should be it's own competitive mode.

Roche

Domino Theory said:
Right here, right now. No contests, no waiting.

I will give a couple to HBO users via the forums later on.

Edit: Tashi, check PMs.

I hate to beg people like this, but if you've got any spares I'd really appreciate it.

(And for those Gaffers who know me, I got member status the other day :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom