• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Domino Theory said:
Right here, right now. No contests, no waiting.

I will give a couple to HBO users via the forums later on.

Edit: Tashi, check PMs.

I would love a code, oh handsome and generous one.

Kujo

Code pretty plz? :p

btw devin i whipped this up:

2uq243n.jpg

Striker

Played three games.

Big Team Slayer at Breakpoint: vehicles are a force, and must be used. Otherwise they'll be used against you. This is a rather decent experience, however, the amount of vehicles and heavy weapons kind of makes the smaller weapons rather redundant.

1-Flag on Breakpoint: a flag game that pretty much works in an Invasion map, I gotta say. While the chokepoint is the underground tunnel and there's Warthogs sitting at the flag location, it isn't a half-bad ride.

Slayer at Tempest: I like Tempest, but the poor teammates kind of ruined it. I would have rather played 1-Bomb but it got out-voted. :(

bubnbob

Banned
Been without net for the past week... would like to get my freshly fuzzy bazooka balls toasty with the new maps. Entered Devin's giveaway. I'll trade some other DLC and XBLA for a map code if needed. : D

Domino look to us lower plebe membersssss

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
You can't pick just Vs. Firefight? That's completely lame. It should be it's own competitive mode.
Well, I don't know. I'm not online, just reading here. Someone mentioned Grab Bag for Firefight, and someone else vs. for Firefight, so I put the two together. I can't find details on the playlist yet.

I'm guessing Grab Bag is for a bunch of different types of Firefight that would split the population up too much if they had their own playlists.

ShinAmano

So I asked earlier, but did not hear either way. Anyhow can you gift someone 20pts? I have a buddy that needs 20pts to pick up the maps.

Hey You

GhaleonEB said:
Well, I don't know. I'm not online, just reading here. Someone mentioned Grab Bag for Firefight, and someone else vs. for Firefight, so I put the two together. I can't find details on the playlist yet.

I'm guessing Grab Bag is for a bunch of different types of Firefight that would split the population up too much if they had their own playlists.
There's a grab bag category (Competitive,Co-operative,Arena,Grab Bag & DLC) and the grab bag category only contains FF versus.

As urk said, it will change weekly/bi-weekly.

I think Dax means the new larger maps have this spawn system where neither team really has a predetermined fixed side. I think he also means it works well on the new maps moreso than the earlier Reach large maps. Its not really a new system by any means though

Spire for instance you might start on one side as a team but as you die and it gets crazier your teams may have switched sides (especially if their entire team streamrolls yours and takes over your general vicinity to many enemy players equals your spawn spot being booted out across the other way) hence you will spawn on the completely opposite side.

The bigger Spire spawn system is in contrast to say Valhalla in H3 you always spawn on your side (even if you're being spawn trapped and spawn on the middle rock 'escape' spawns that would still technically be your half if you cut the map down the middle)*

*Unless host switches.

All this is in contrast to Narrows that was side only spawning but after a patch changed to a more flexible side switching system (that is straight garbage in a 4v4-5v5 map thats all about map control)

Default Foundry is also another map that works on a more large map based system as you can spawn on either left or right side (not the side you originally spawned on) if the other team was holding down the back (rockets area) Because the map is so small the spawns were generally completely hated on by lots of people. Onslaught did a great job of fixing the spawns to side only but the small arena size and clear lines of sight led to a lot of spawn killing and people thinking the system was 'messed' when really it was one of the more perfect examples of a spawn system in H3.

The top of the cake for shitty spawns is Standoff. Videos of warthogs getting killionaires beautifully showed this off, yet Bungie NEVER fixed this travesty. Hell it wasn't even that bad of a map and I generally don't like large BTB maps. The rocks set up some great BR battles and yes Standoffs :D If only they had a playlist manager who would have not only been focused on playlists and weightings but actual gameplay. (He made some spawn fix attempts but weakly and slowly - Examples: Blackout and The Pit)

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
There's a grab bag category (Competitive,Co-operative,Arena,Grab Bag & DLC) and the grab bag category only contains FF versus.

As urk said, it will change weekly/bi-weekly.
Thanks. I missed where Urk wrote about it. I like the concept, especially for FF.

Hopefully some additional FF updates hit for December.

ShinAmano

Azar said:
Damn that sucks...is there anywhere to buy a 100pt code or something I could send his way?

Issue is he is in another country and does not have a credit card...and would have to find a store in walking distance to pick up a card.

feel

Domino Theory said:
I never got those yet. I'll have to talk to GameStop later today about it.
Alright, no problem. I've said it before, but you're incredible for doing what you're doing btw.

MMaRsu

Just got back from work, are there any dlc giveaways left? Domino? Sai-Kun?

Please? Or did I just miss the whole thing :(

Omg Domino just gave away the last code.. FUCK I always miss these things!!! DAMN WORK!

/me is a very sad panda right now *sob*

:(

God I hope I can scrounge up some money soon, this wait is gonna kill me :(.

Aww man :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom