• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tried all 3 maps, they seem ok, I really liked Anchor 9.

NameGenerated said:
Heh, gg AlienShogun. Stockpile on Anchor 9 was pretty fun.

:lol You were in there?

I was donging on fools. :lol

:lol

Looks like we both were.

kylej

Banned
You cannot zoom across Tempest (you know, like when you want to shoot the enemy or stop the flag) without game-breaking framerate drops. How about less skyboxes and massive pieces of geometry and more stable framerates?

edit. Do you guys know if Orbital cleans up with 4v4? I'm getting huge framerate problems here too but I guess it could be because of 6v6.

aesop

So, anyone wanna get some groups going at around 6:30 or 7 pm EST? Customs or matchmaking, whatever! My GT is in my profile and I'm in the ReachGAF and ReachGAF 3 lists.

Alright free Noble Code incoming...

I want to make it a bit challenging to get the code, and Halo trivia is overrated ;)

I was trying to think about what I could make the trivia about, and since right now I am listening to Howard Stern I will make it about him.

Hmm.. Trying to think what the question could be that isn't easy to just simply Google.

What musician was on Howard Stern this morning?

First correct reply gets the code!

Devin Olsen said:
Alright free Noble Code incoming...

I want to make it a bit challenging to get the code, and Halo trivia is overrated ;)

I was trying to think about what I could make the trivia about, and since right now I am listening to Howard Stern I will make it about him.

Hmm.. Trying to think what the question could be that isn't easy to just simply Google.

What musician was on Howard Stern this morning?

First correct reply gets the code!

Ozzy.

aesop

Devin or Wu: I signed up for your giveaway before Domino stopped by to be awesome and I'm no longer in need. If it's possible, can you remove me from the drawing?

Took 12 people into Invasion to play Breakpoint. Because it was effectively customs I don't want to make any proclamations... but I don't usually enjoy Invasion that much. First phase in particular is way better than Spire/Boneyard, if only because you're immediately on top of each other, and the attacking team is doing the raining from above for once. Also, all the animations (doors swinging open, the generator things rising during the first phase, etc.) help make it feel more solid.

aesop said:
Devin or Wu: I signed up for your giveaway before Domino stopped by to be awesome and I'm no longer in need. If it's possible, can you remove me from the drawing?
When the contest ends I am going to pick 7 people randomly, and then check their GT's to see if they have played the maps...

So I'll keep your post in mind, but if you do win as long as you have played the new maps you'll automatically be out of the running.

Hope that made sense?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
When the contest ends I am going to pick 7 people randomly, and then check their GT's to see if they have played the maps...

So I'll keep your post in mind, but if you do win as long as you have played the new maps you'll automatically be out of the running.

Hope that made sense?

I'm in the same boat. I won't play the maps until much later though.

aesop

Devin Olsen said:

Hope that made sense?

Yup. Sounds like a lot of extra work, but it makes sense.

REALLY liking this map pack. Possibly my favorite of all Halo map packs I have ever downloaded.

Firefight Versus is pretty frickin sweet. Possibly going to become my number 2 playlist after Team Slayer assuming I can get an amigo interested in it. Any explanation on why it wasn't online on day one?

Still don't know all the weapon spawns on these maps but having too much fun playing them to worry about figuring that out at the moment.

Thanks Bungie!!!!!

Greyvvolf

Does anybody have an extra Noble Map Pack pre-order code from Gamestop they would wanna sell me? The nearest store for me to get any Microsoft Points is an hour and a half away. I have Paypal. PM me if you can help me out. If I don't respond right away it's because I'm at work (I'm on my lunch break right now). Thanks.

Ramirez

Love the maps, just wish there was 2 separate playlists, Tempest/A9 should have been a 4v4 list, and Breakpoint should have had its own Invasion/BTB playlist. The framerate does chug at times on Tempest, makes intense DMR fights really hard to deal with.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Love the maps, just wish there was 2 separate playlists, Tempest/A9 should have been a 4v4 list, and Breakpoint should have had its own Invasion/BTB playlist. The framerate does chug at times on Tempest, makes intense DMR fights really hard to deal with.

A Ramirez post without Armor lock is like a soldier without ammunition.

Today is a sad day my friends.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ZayneH said:
Ugh, the only party I see that's going on is already full for the DLC playlist. :/

I'll get down with you and Sai_kun this weekend unless he/you are full up. I'm busy with school this week with my presentation on Thurs.

Arg can't study now lol.

But I think a good feature to add in the next title update is a new option for individual/party status. Like there already is open, closed, and invite only. Maybe add one that is "Looking for partners" so people on your friend's list can see you are waiting for more friends to join.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:
Breakpoint is dead most of the time, but 6v6 works alright in both Tempest and Anchor 9.

I'll write up full impressions later.

Ramirez

enzo_gt said:
Breakpoint is dead most of the time, but 6v6 works alright in both Tempest and Anchor 9.

I'll write up full impressions later.

I mean yea they work ok, but it's obvious that they were designed for smaller teams. Tempest is like a 4v4 version of Valhalla in my mind, really good.

I hardly ever complain about AL like most of these dudes, I think it sucks, but I know it's not going any where.

Striker

In my two games of Slayer and 1-flag, Breakpoint was far from dead. Sure it's large, but without a strategy, most large maps will flow that way. It was active in 1-flag with battles from both vehicle combat and infantry, whereas Slayer mostly was Wraith and Banshee controlled.

Still curious how Invasion is on there.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
I mean yea they work ok, but it's obvious that they were designed for smaller teams. Tempest is like a 4v4 version of Valhalla in my mind, really good.

I hardly ever complain about AL like most of these dudes, I think it sucks, but I know it's not going any where.

I know, just poking the sleeping bear. :lol

Willeth said:
Hit the credit cap today. Still playing.

Careful, you'll go blind.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:

Framerate chugs on all the maps.

Breakpoint is 10x larger than it need be. It would be fun 16v16 but it's a ghost town 6v6. Reminds me of Avalanche and how unnecessarily huge that was.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:
Framerate chugs on all the maps.

Breakpoint is 10x larger than it need be. It would be fun 16v16 but it's a ghost town 6v6. Reminds me of Avalanche and how unnecessarily huge that was.

I noticed 0 chugging on any of the maps, but admittedly only had time to play through each once.

On a side note, out of frustration I'm back to using bumper jumper, screw green thumb.

GhaleonEB

kylej said:
I haven't hopped into the playlist yet - still at work - but I think Invasion will play better on it, as the tiered objectives focuses combat on different regions for each phase.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
I haven't hopped into the playlist yet - still at work - but I think Invasion will play better on it, as the tiered objectives focuses combat on different regions for each phase.

There's no Invasion yet =\

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:

I'm betting it's already in the regular Invasion hopper, we just need to wait for when more people snag the map pack, and for most of the people who are going to be in the DLC hopper for now to rejoin civilization.

Genesis Knight said:
Seeing Grab Bag makes me miss Action Sack.

I've got all the Action Sack you need right here, big boy. :D

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
That was my (implied) point: it will probably play better for Invasion than 6 v 6 or even BTB because of how the space gets utilized in the different game types. But we don't know yet as it's not in the ideal playlist presently. At least, I haven't read any reports of Invasion on it.

Raide said:
Yeah, I think new copies had a Recon helmet with them.
I've got a spare, too. I was going to give it away on my 'Views from the Edge'-blog (check it out, you might like it), but university became so demanding my time for creating panorama's has all but diminished. I'm happy if I can just play the game.

Although Sai-Kun's generous donation of a Noble Map Pack might just inspire me to make some pretty screenshots again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom