• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeouterlimits said:
Will agree with you on the BTB situation, but I seriously find Invasion and Invasion Slayer on Boneyard a chore that I absolutely dread. While I quite enjoy Invasion on Spire, it feels alot fairer to both teams.
It's been so long since I've played Invasion Slayer, but I don't really like it on any map, as it has exactly that kind of game philosophy I dislike (capture points to get better guns and vehicles to make it easier to capture points to get even better guns and vehicles; or "do well, and so do even better"). Invasion on Boneyard feels like a real battle for the Elites; I guess Spire is "fairer", but I just don't find it as fun. I'm really not wild about either, though. On the list above, #1-8 are the maps I like, #9-13 are the ones I'll put up with, and the rest should be shot into the sun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
How can you play well like that? ( I know you still do), but bumper jumper makes jumping and melee so much better since you don't release the sticks.
I don't know. I'm just used to it I guess.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Breakpoint is so amazing.

Yea, I'm actually surprised how much I like it for standard 6 vs 6 slayer, nice mix of vehicles and infantry action. I can't wait to get a game of invasion on it.

Tempest is so good for 2 flag. Like, really goddamn good.

Shake Appeal said:
It's been so long since I've played Invasion Slayer, but I don't really like it on any map, as it has exactly that kind of game philosophy I dislike (capture points to get better guns and vehicles to make it easier to capture points to get even better guns and vehicles; or "do well, and so do even better"). Invasion on Boneyard feels like a real battle for the Elites; I guess Spire is "fairer", but I just don't find it as fun. I'm really not wild about either, though. On the list above, #1-8 are the maps I like, #9-13 are the ones I'll put up with, and the rest should be shot into the sun.
I understand. I certainly also dislike Invasion Slayer.

MrBig

Played on all the maps at least once (only snipers on Tempest, so I guess that doesn't really count) and they are all great. Anchor 9 and Tempest are my new favorite maps, they just flow so well and are a much more "halo" experience compared to the stock maps in reach.
I'll leave the in depth impressions to others.

Willeth

Dax01 said:
How did you get all of them already? How did you get the Stockpile one?
Playing Team Objective. The maps are in every playlist if everyone you're matched with has them.

EDIT: And my friend has 777GS in Reach. :)

E2: A massive thanks to urk and Ghaleon for the maps, btw. Having such a blast on all of them.

E3: oh god hot potato multi team oh god

Thermite

Played a ton of games on the new maps today. Anchor 9 flows pretty well, and I surprisingly have no problem with the space portion of the map at all. I like that it gives a unique way to flank your opponents. I'd have to say Tempest is definitely my favorite map in Reach, everything I've played on it has been a lot of fun (and that environment, GODDAMN). I want to play some 4v4 matches on it, but for now 6v6 is fine enough. I don't care much for Breakpoint, though. I love the setting, but it seems like it takes forever to find someone, and most people try to go up the central mountain and camp there the whole time - especially in Snipers, ugh. Maybe it'll play out better in Invasion..

Willeth

Thermite said:
Played a ton of games on the new maps today. Anchor 9 flows pretty well, and I surprisingly have no problem with the space portion of the map at all. I like that it gives a unique way to flank your opponents. I'd have to say Tempest is definitely my favorite map in Reach, everything I've played on it has been a lot of fun (and that environment, GODDAMN). I want to play some 4v4 matches on it, but for now 6v6 is fine enough. I don't care much for Breakpoint, though. I love the setting, but it seems like it takes forever to find someone, and most people try to go up the central mountain and camp there the whole time - especially in Snipers, ugh. Maybe it'll play out better in Invasion..
Invasion works great, but yeah, I can see soft kills being put on that ridge real soon.

Thermite said:

Something about Snipers in Reach just feels off. I dont know why but it promotes a very hide and seek playstyle. Im playing Snipers on Tempest right now and if I dont run around the map like a headless chicken I wont see people for ages.

Crouching in rocks and waiting for people to pass your scope is not fun, and so I really dont know why so many people do it.

LOL I went AFK while typing this and didnt even die. :lol

Blueblur1

Podcastin

Jason Sussman said:
Podcastin @_mantis_ @bungietweets Urk http://yfrog.com/jvg0v0j

g0v0.jpg

Willeth

NullPointer said:
So why isn't Breakpoint invasion in the Noble playlist? Sucks to cycle through the same bloody invasion maps HOPING to play something new.
IIRC Invasion gametypes can't share a hopper with other gametypes, but I don't really see why.

Dirtbag

got a chance to play the mappack. After about 8-9 rounds I never once got breakpoint.. seems people have already voted it the stinker of the pack.

Tempest and Anchor 9 are easily the prettiest maps in Halo existence. Simply gorgeous looking.
Anchor 9 is a blast, and space doesn't bother me this time like it does in Zealot. It feels like a fun addition here and doesn't detract anything for me. Looking forward to the MLG version with a sniper rifle or 2 and removal of shield doors.

Tempest is a fantastic map, that like many have said plays similar to a Valhalla/Stand Off.
The warthogs feel a little under-powered given the terrain layout, but nobody bothers with vehicles much these days anyway. Mongoose or bust. Would have liked a grenade launcher or 2.

Pretty dissapointed with the forge pallet being identical to forge world, and the inability to delete current structures. I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 nice maps to come of it though. Would have been nice to at least have an over the water area where we could forge floating maps with this new backdrop. Pretty dissapointed with the forge execution all around here unless I'm missing something.

I actually just noticed, that each of the achievements descriptions has the prefix 'Noble 1:' - I wonder how many map packs we are going to see, these maps are SO much better than the maps on the disk, if each new map pack has this step up in quality I will be extremely happy.

I dont think Anchor 9 can be as good as the Pit, each base is far too compatmentalised and so I feel that it just wont have the same level of flow that the Pit had - but playing Anchor 9 really makes me happy. THIS is how a Halo map should 'feel' - bravo Bungie.

Sai-kun said:
I did :lol

:lol

Thanks again!

So will we hear what 'it' is in the new podcast? :D

Also - whats up with the changing spawns? If Anchor 9 is supposed to be like the Pit dynamic spawns ruin it. Same with the other maps - symmetrical maps that are big enough that spawn killing doesnt happen should have static spawns.

NameGenerated said:
So who actually bought the maps? :lol
Unfortunately I'll have to in a bit. I don't mind supporting Bungie though (given, I have no idea how much the studio actually makes off the DLC as opposed to the publisher).

Kuroyume

Banned
The map is way too open to not have it. It's bad enough on small maps but at least there I can turn a corner and maybe escape. I can't run away from an AR with its 20 foot range now.

GhaleonEB

Played three games with my daughter - her account, me as a guest - to get the Daily Challenge. They were her first MP games on her new Gold account. (No, so don't ask.)

She was (mostly) messing around, but still racked up a few spatters, kills and a handful of assists. Notched 2700+ cR for the games, getting her about halfway to her goal of getting Cortana as a Firefight voice. Every time she got a kill I felt like sending the dude a message that they got donged on by an eight year-old in her first matchmaking game ever. :lol

Team Headhunter on Anchor rocked. So did Slayer DMRs and One Bomb on Tempest. I'm going to be spending a lot of quality time on Tempest, me thinks. It felt like the best thing to happen to Reach since, well, Reach came out. Glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom