• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
does NoF have any plans for improving objective in Reach? I feel pretty sad when I play Black Ops and there are 5-6 objective playlists and they all have good populations. The objective modes in Reach have been a letdown since Halo 3. Invasion was a step in the right direction but the attacking team always spawns so far away that you spend half your life getting to the fight.

feel

Shake Appeal said:
Just hit the daily credit cap for the first time ever. :lol

Why does this thing exist, again?
Perhaps a fail-safe in case someone discovers a way of getting millions of credits in seconds. The cap should be higher.

Letters said:
Perhaps a fail-safe in case someone discovers a way of getting millions of credits in seconds. The cap should be higher.
Is it still 60K? Between the challenges today and getting 1.5-2K+ a game normally... yeah, it should be raised for Lt Colonels and above.

I mean, I have played a lot of Reach today, but it's DLC day!

Gui_PT

Shake Appeal said:
Is it still 60K? Between the challenges today and getting 1.5-2K+ a game normally... yeah, it should be raised for Lt Colonels and above.

I mean, I have played a lot of Reach today, but it's DLC day!

Yeah, still around 60k. I hit the cap today aswell. I agree that should be higher.

Great games today guys, had a lot of fun. Even discovered it's not safe to drive around with a ghost on breakpoint, you might instantly smash into a wall :lol

Blueblur1

Still not home yet due to some stuff I gotta take care but I'm trying to catch catch up on HaloGAF impressions. Sounds like you guys are having a blast so far. Bodes well!

Willeth

Letters said:
It should at least track with the credit multiplier for ranking up. It shouldn't be something you hit with an evening's worth of play, which a friend of mine has been doing at General 3.

I didn't realise the maps came out today, I only found out by xbox live sending me a message saying I have my 800 points from last month added (I knew that already) and then spotting the halo animated tile on the console, bit fishy if you ask me :p

Passing on the map pack for now, sorry halogaf, battlefield is taking over my shooter time right now :p

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, still around 60k. I hit the cap today aswell. I agree that should be higher.

Great games today guys, had a lot of fun. Even discovered it's not safe to drive around with a ghost on breakpoint, you might instantly smash into a wall :lol

Yeah fun games, I have to say that visually the maps are stunning, its shocking just how beutiful they are.

Dani, how did you get outside the maps to take those photos yesterday?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
Yeah I'm online right now. Send me a message GT: Hypertrooper

Recon is like the Halo 3 controls

Bleh, how in the hell is that good?!? Bumper jumper was better than default.

Son of a bitch, you tricked my Hyper, sorry for the double.

Kuroyume

Banned
The stupidity of people who play this game will never cease to amaze me. So I spawn next to a Banshee on Breakpoint and just as I spawn some dude rides up on a Ghost and he jumps off it to take the Banshee. I can easily kill him with a few rapid DMR shots or at the very least hijack the Banshee right away but nope... Stupid teammate has to ram right into me with a Ghost knocking me back like 5 feet and he tries to kill the enemy with the slow weak ass rapid fire on the Ghost. Sure enough the dude takes off on the Banshee and strings a bunch of kills with the fuel rod cannon completely eating away at our double digit lead to win the game.

Anyway, I managed to play two games on the new maps. I had Slayer on Tempest and Breakpoint. I'm going to play them a lot before I start knocking or overpraising them but I wasn't too impressed by Tempest. I think it's really ugly. I just don't are for the grass and rocks art that Bungie has done since Halo 3. I kind of like it in Forgewold, but not that much. Don't have much of an opinion about gameplay on there other than it feels too cluttered. Reminds me of Spire in that way.

Breakpoint is beautiful. I love snow maps. Really nice looking blue colors. I had fun playing on it but it really felt too big for the playlist, or at least in that one game. I couldn't find someone to kill for about a minute and a half. Does anyone know where are the power weapons? Only one Sniper? Saw some dude hiding behind some stuff in the middle sniping shit but whenever I went to his area to take him out I always ran into one of his teammates which screwed it all up. Also, way too many vehicles? Or, the very least way too fast respawn times? I understand it's a vehicle map, but I don't want it to feel like Hemmorrhage where I'm unloading like two clips from the DMR to take one thing out. Why can't this stuff be balanced better? Another thing tha seems troublesome is that there are a lot of spots for jetpack users to get up on. That could be trouble.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
What's so good about recon?

I just like saying that Real men play it because everyone jumped the Default ship on to Bumper Jumper for Halo 3. Recon's controls are the same as Halo 3's except that LB is Armor Ability and X is grenade change. I just like it because I'm an A to jump and B to melee guy.

kylej

Banned
Bungie, let go of Invasion. It sucks. You don't need to try to keep it alive with new maps. We forgive you. Please make a small symmetrical map pack next. Anchor 9 isn't at Pit levels of godliness but it feels good to play on an original symmetrical map.

Halo Reach map list ranking (updated):

18. The Cage
17. Hemorrhage
16. Cliffhanger
15. Atom
14. Spire
13. Paradiso
12. Pinnacle
11. Boneyard
10. Boardwalk
09. Reflection
08. Sword Base
07. Breakpoint
06. Zealot
05. Powerhouse
04. Anchor 9
03. Asylum
02. Countdown
01. Tempest

Boneyard above Spire? Justify please Shake.

-------------------------------------

Great games tonight, I currently like all the maps.
So story time.

1 Flag CTF on Breakpoint.
Gui & I are separated from the party as there's 8 of us matchmaking.

Things start off well for us on defence when I nab the lonely Wraith and manage to laugh off Bob's Hot Pea Shooter, much to the detriment of his health.
m75nrs.jpg

We hold out, surprising all. So our turn to attack.
I head for the trusty Wraith again, what could really go wrong?

Mishap aside, I reach the flag and manage to sneak up upon Hydranockz's brother.
15e9x6x.jpg

Wait. What's that? Oh bugger.
2zisk61.jpg

Engraged, I zip back in a blood lust and blow our little friend (Hooch) to kingdom come.
rcsgaf.jpg

Thankfully this gives us time to make a sweat capture, putting us at an advantage.
But our friend Hooch is more determined than ever.
n4djt.jpg

Well all's fair in...
148dqn8.jpg

So once again, we hold tough. A guaranteed victory is not enough for us, we will embarrass these fools.

And indeed Gui & I do. Even if I die trying.

I knew my brother was already going to have downloaded the maps by the time we got home so I am somewhat relieved that I didn't win any :lol

Fantastic games tonight with Gui, MrBig, Sai-Kun, Zeouterlimits, Hypertrooper, bobs, NH Apache and my other friends that we played with.

Every map feels so polished and it is hard to fault them. My only gripe is that the softkill barrier in A9 is way too close to the station.

Raide

MMaRsu said:
Allright my dad left after watching The Hangover together now it's time for some REACH oh yeah baby... :D

Have fun matey!

I will be jumping on board tomorrow once I have got some points and finished work.

Tashi0106 said:
Lol jeez give the maps more time Shake
I've played ~15 games on Anchor 9, and ~10 each on the other two.

And my weekly is at 744/1,000. :lol

Zeouterlimits said:
Boneyard above Spire? Justify please Shake.
First, I don't like Covenant architecture for anything other than circular arenas. Second, I don't like Invasion very much. Third, I hate the Spire itself: the playspace, the look of it, its vantage point over the map, the jumping up and jumping down from it. The core escape (i.e. flinging it over the side, and then humping it up a dirt path) is somehow even more boring and spammy than the ordeal of getting past all the shotguns on Boneyard. I think the map is awful for BTB, having no interesting areas that can be contested by both teams, just a lot of random encounters in and among some rocks. It doesn't have proper 'bases' or even loosely defined 'ends' the way Boneyard does; you can't even have a half-decent flag game on it. Boneyard, for all its wasted space and silliness, has one large boxy area (the far side of the ship) that can pretend to be a proper BTB map. And it feels much more like home because of the human environments. And it has proper high ground and vantage points rather a very vague bowl with a giant dong sticking out of it. I guess it really boils down to Spire having no flow to it when you're not playing Invasion, and I don't really care to play Invasion in the first place.

(One thing Breakpoint has over both of them is that when you spawn in phase 1 you don't have to walk for thirty seconds under a hail of fire every time you and your buddy die.)

My map list ranking, I won't be ranking the new maps until I get at least a week with them.

15. Pinnacle
14. Atom
13. Hemorrhage
12. Cliffhanger
11. Spire
10. Paradiso
09. Boneyard
08. The Cage
07. Sword Base
06. Zealot
05. Asylum
04. Boardwalk
03. Powerhouse
02. Reflection
01. Countdown

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
I just like saying that Real men play it because everyone jumped the Default ship on to Bumper Jumper for Halo 3. Recon's controls are the same as Halo 3's except that LB is Armor Ability and X is grenade change. I just like it because I'm an A to jump and B to melee guy.

How can you play well like that? ( I know you still do), but bumper jumper makes jumping and melee so much better since you don't release the sticks.

Shake Appeal said:
Shake's explanation.
Will agree with you on the BTB situation, but I seriously find Invasion and Invasion Slayer on Boneyard a chore that I absolutely dread. While I quite enjoy Invasion on Spire, it feels alot fairer to both teams.

Willeth

neoism said:
so what happens when you do? does the game tell you
Yeah, it pops up in the same kind of window as the one that tells you you have a player waiting in the pregame lobby.

Of course, it's past midnight for me, now. So I'm getting credits again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom