• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azar

Domino Theory said:
Alright. :)

Edit: Codes are all gone. Hope everyone enjoys. I know I absolutely LOVE Anchor 9. I have my flaming helmet codes but I'll give those out tomorrow. :)
You should probably take Kuroyume's back cause some dude killed him with a banshee

Trasher

So apparently I can't play Reach multiplayer anymore. I disconnected from a game earlier, and ever since I can't see any of my friends' statuses or join them. I guess my internet took a turn for the worse or something. :(

Finished the weekly challenge a few hours ago :lol

Had fun with the group of gaffers I played with earlier (Sai-kun, Cuban Legend, Hydranocks, Letters, Zeouterlimits, neoism, etc) - most of you are really good. ;)

7echnicolor said:

Had fun with the group of gaffers I played with earlier (Sai-kun, Cuban Legend, Hydranocks, Letters, Zeouterlimits, neoism, etc) - most of you are really good. ;)
I had fun playing with you guys while it lasted, even though I can't remember who you were. :3

Playing Reach by yourself really fucking sucks. I'm trying to get the kills daily challenge in the Map Pack Playlist and it's full of DOUCHEBAGS.

Someone lend a bro a hand?

Cuban Legend said:
Playing Reach by yourself really fucking sucks. I'm trying to get the kills daily challenge in the Map Pack Playlist and it's full of DOUCHEBAGS.

Someone lend a bro a hand?
I'm online. GT: Barrow Roll

Just let me know if you need a helping hand.

Arnie

These maps are absolutely phenomenal, to the point where I'd be happy just rollin in this DLC playlist until the MLG update releases or the DLC maps are available elsewhere. It really does got to show what good maps can do for the overall gameplay, I actually want to go back and play them once I'm done, a feeling I rarely get from the old stable.

Anchor 9 is a much needed symmetrical map and it feels great to boot. There are a few Pit like features but it's definitely different enough to shrug off any remake claims. I've been enjoying Stockpile Pro on this map the most, makes me happy for some Multi Flag if MLG ever decide to integrate it. Most of all I don't think the shield doors break the flow of the map too much.

Tempest is definitely my favourite map of the bunch, both in a visual sense and a play space one. It's a slightly larger map but it has perfect terrain and cover for all ranges of infantry battles, with players ducking and weaving throughout the scenery. It definitely has that Valhalla quality of two bases and the big hill, but it too manages to feel completely fresh and unlike anything we've had before. The little visual details in the environment are unbelievable too, Bungie have crammed in so many decorators in the foliage department that at times the game can look almost Crysis-esque when moving quickly. I particularly like the little green moss on the sloped ramps of the Forerunner structures.

Finally Breakpoint. As a BTB map it's better than all other Invasion maps in the game. Seems well balanced for all ranges of combat and doesn't give the vehicles a particular advantage. I'll save my full impressions for when I can actually try it out in Invasion.

Whatever Bungie's artists are payed, double it. Best. In. The. Business.

Oh and I woke up about 20 minutes ago to get ready for university, read an email that it has all been cancelled because of the ultra heavy snow, almost knee height, so it's back to bed for me. So good.

I LOVE the new maps.

I do wish I could play some normal 4v4 on them though. Playing the 6v6 was kind of a mess. Maybe I just need to play with some GAF people :D

Doing assault on Tempest looked like it was fun, but then again I was the ONLY person on my team who even moved toward the bomb, let alone picked it up. Nobody else bothered.

7echnicolor said:

Sai-kun said:
He's Radiating Chaos :]
Oh cool, good games sir.

I think I have to ask for advice on how changeable my quality in Reach is.
One game I can be top, with the best kill/death ratio and the next the worst.
I do get that my level of post-work tiredness effects it certainly, but I think it's more than that.

Shake Appeal said:
I.. that could certainly be a part of it. I do share my connection with a house mate.
Still. Shall do some research into improving my game anyway. Watching and learning from good players tends to help.

Gui_PT

Zeouterlimits said:
Great games tonight, I currently like all the maps.
So story time

I really wanted to do a victory lap on that last cap but once I saw the ghost I had to drop you off :lol

Hydranockz said:
I knew my brother was already going to have downloaded the maps by the time we got home so I am somewhat relieved that I didn't win any :lol
Fantastic games tonight with Gui, MrBig, Sai-Kun, Zeouterlimits, Hypertrooper, bobs, NH Apache and my other friends that we played with.
Every map feels so polished and it is hard to fault them. My only gripe is that the softkill barrier in A9 is way too close to the station.

Forgive me for the horrible jokes! We gotta party up again soon.

zumphry

Banned
Eww at Assist challenge today, and the Plasma Grenade one is going to get annoying with people trying for it, in addition to me failing at it numerous times.

Hey, maybe it'll help me get the double kill from the grave.

Nah.

Gui_PT said:
Forgive me for the horrible jokes! We gotta party up again soon.

Oh, so I take a nap and miss your party so you steal my job and call me a babby?

I see how it is.

Kapura is good people glad to see he won it.

Also Team 2..is that me or was I team 3? Anyways thats the best team. Would have shat on Bungie and won humpday. Still embarrassed by your defeat.

Kuroyume said:
It really doesn't.

Kind of disappointed with these maps to be honest. In retrospect maybe it would have been better to get some smaller symmetrical maps because I can't stand vehicles. Sucks enough when I get one hit killed with a rocket, sword, or hammer but it's even worse when some dude is flying around in the sky doing barrel rolls and firing one hit kills from the cannon. I can't stand that shit. I've also already lost count of the times I've had my shields knocked down because of a teammate's clumsy riding and it's only been a few games. At least the maps were free I guess.
You ungrateful piece of shit >:[

Gui_PT

ZayneH said:
Oh, so I take a nap and miss your party so you steal my job and call me a babby?

I see how it is.

That's what you get for sleeping in the afternoon!

In this thread, we're not grateful for getting free stuff.

Edit: Who wants to have a go at the Stockpile achievable today?

Hydranockz said:
You ungrateful piece of shit >:[
Said what I was kind of afraid to (don't want to seem like it's personal).
Because whatever you feel about the quality of the maps, that "At least the maps were free I guess." comment lacks any sense of decency or ..thankfulness.

ZayneH said:
Eww at Assist challenge today, and the Plasma Grenade one is going to get annoying with people trying for it, in addition to me failing at it numerous times.

Hey, maybe it'll help me get the double kill from the grave.

Nah.

I see how it is.
I spoke yesterday and I had sent you a message. Let's play today/friday. Btw. my headset is now broken :lol

Good games with Zayne, chapel, Miguelangelos, Sinister Youth, and Cuban Legend today. Sorry I couldn't join you Sai, especially after sort of hassling you. Just got into a party and game when I got your invite. Then you were AFK for a while. :3

I'm lovin all the maps. Anchor 9 plays fantastically. Tempest is joy to look at and play. Breakpoint is the best BTB map in Reach, easily. This was just what I needed to pull me away from Black Ops.

Miggytronz

Cross mapping

the achiev.....how does it work because last night I killed plenty of people in a Slayer game across the map, even in Invasion Slayer. Does it only work in TS?

I'm curious-- When matchmaking, how many of you use the 'good connection' preference? A couple weeks ago I started doing it everytime, and the results are astounding. I feel like I'm getting less cheap deaths. and Firefight is playable.

MMaRsu

Raide said:
Typical, my local GAME shop is out of Points cards. Dare I trust putting my CC on Xbox Live. :lol

You can delete the information right away, and frankly my CC has been on account for over 4 years. Aside from them extending Live when it ran out ( which was fine by me ) I deleted it not long ago.

Just do it brah! We gotta play some games tonight ^^

Raide

MMaRsu said:
You can delete the information right away, and frankly my CC has been on account for over 4 years. Aside from them extending Live when it ran out ( which was fine by me ) I deleted it not long ago.

Just do it brah! We gotta play some games tonight ^^

Argggh...going to add 1000 points and snag the maps. Working later, so we can catch up this evening for some games. :D

aesop

Got to play some games on the new maps last night with Sai, Hypertrooper and Heckfu. It was a blast and we were doing pretty damn well. Was especially fun to betray Sai with a wraith. :lol

The new maps felt great. Anchor 9 and Tempest are my immediate favorites and I'd rank them higher than anything else in Reach right now. Then again I only played for a few hours, so that might change. Did notice some framerate chugging on Tempest when zoomed across the map and it's pretty disappointing to say the least. It's also hard to get a good feel on Anchor 9 because it's a bit crowded in 6v6, but I like the layout. I'm interested to see how Breakpoint plays in Invasion, because BTB slayer on that map is a little nutty. Too many vehicles.

Overall, solid effort by Bungie and you can definitely get a sense of the all the hard work they put into designing the maps. Well done.

Really digging the maps so far (thanks again, Domino!), even if I'm not doing so well on them. Have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that you can't play Invasion in the playlist (why is that, exactly?), especially considering the party size. I guess I'll hope for the best this evening and jump into the Invasion playlist.

Anchor 9 is probably my favorite map so far; I just haven't found a rhythm on Tempest yet. Breakpoint is just massive, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I initially thought. Nice to have a good BTB map in Reach finally.

Miggytronz

These new maps feel like old days of HALO considering if the gametype is right for the map.

Tempest - CTF

ANCHOR 9 - Slayer gametypes

Breakpoint - invasion, CTF, Slayer DMR

squidhands said:
Really digging the maps so far (thanks again, Domino!), even if I'm not doing so well on them. Have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that you can't play Invasion in the playlist (why is that, exactly?), especially considering the party size. I guess I'll hope for the best this evening and jump into the Invasion playlist.

Anchor 9 is probably my favorite map so far; I just haven't found a rhythm on Tempest yet. Breakpoint is just massive, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I initially thought. Nice to have a good BTB map in Reach finally.
I don't know if this is true: but somebody mentioned that you can play Breakpoint in Invasion Matchmaking if everyone in the lobby has the mappack.

Hypertrooper said:
I don't know if this is true: but somebody mentioned that you can play Breakpoint in Invasion Matchmaking if everyone in the lobby has the mappack.
That's what I'm going to try tonight when I get home from work. It would be nice to play Invasion on the new Invasion map. :lol

Raide

*ForgeGAF Moan on*

First things first, jumped into the maps to see how Forge works. Seriously Bungie, please can ForgeWorld Basic Editing have all of the Forge items in it. Tempest looks awesome and I cannot wait to make some maps with it but they really should be offering this variety to ForgeWorld items. Nice to see more rocks and wood, how about some trees? Breakpoint has a cool bridge and some boxes, how about giving us these too?

*ForgeGAF Moan off*

Overall, I am looking forward to making stuff in Tempest but I have not had the time to jump online and check out the maps. Will do that later this evening. They look utterly stunning though. Nice to have some more variety!

Gui_PT said:
I thought you had scheduled a time for that.

Lemme know when you want to do that. I'll go study for a while.

I want in! Send me a invite when you get this rolling, we are now at 3 players? :lol

By the way, people might hate me for it, but ive made a map thats completely in space by blocking off Anchor 9 with walls. The same method could be used to block space off totally, but playing in space is so much more fun. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom