• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

Aggrotek said:
I completely agree. I still have no idea why they are taking it out.

They needed to fix it. Instead, they took it out. I still don't understand why, like you =(

edit: thanks for the explanation Brian.

Sean P.

dslgunstar said:
This doesn't make any sense. Arena requires LESS time investment to get a high rank than Halo 3's system. You need to play like 3 games for 7 days. The only rank that requires playing everyday is Onyx, and that's only because it's such a small fraction of the population. Don't play for a few days and somebody in Gold might steal your spot.

I don't have time to put in games that often. I'm a design major in college, my life is school and every once in a while I get a free day where I can play halo. If I'm losing the rank I worked hard for every few days, what's the point?

Sean P. said:
I don't have time to put in games that often. I'm a design major in college, my life is school and every once in a while I get a free day where I can play halo. If I'm losing the rank I worked hard for every few days, what's the point?

What's the point in trying to win the Stanley Cup every year if you're just gonna have to try and win it again the next year?

The recurring seasons provide a constant incentive to play.

If you could make the time investment to get to level 50, you can make the time investment for Arena.

And if not, then just play social and concentrate on building your military rank. Nobody will ever take away your Reclaimer rank if you get there.

Ergh, just got kicked from 4v4 with two others on the same Xbox with me. I'm guessing that guy probably quit soon after he got a little 4v1.. :lol

Seriously though, could Bungie not make it so you get the 'do you want to kick' screen at your next death or something? I swear most people kick because they're in the middle of a firefight and the screen is blocked.

hey does anyone know a site or something detailing weapon locations on maps? I've learned a few so far but I'm wondering if there's a guide out there.

Sean P.

dslgunstar said:
And if not, then just play social and concentrate on building your military rank. Nobody will ever take away your Reclaimer rank if you get there.

This is the basis of my whole rant. I don't want to play Arena but "competitive" is a huge joke and never gives me good matches.

Major Williams said:
Nah, those aren't good by any means - but they're better than the lack of emotion we feel for Noble team.
I don't play video games to be spoon-fed emotions. If that's what I wanted, I'd watch Lifetime original movies instead.

ManCannon

MarshMellow96 said:
Ergh, just got kicked from 4v4 with two others on the same Xbox with me. I'm guessing that guy probably quit soon after he got a little 4v1.. :lol

Seriously though, could Bungie not make it so you get the 'do you want to kick' screen at your next death or something? I swear most people kick because they're in the middle of a firefight and the screen is blocked.

the Betrayal system will be updated in the October update to basically have parity with what you're used to in Halo 3.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sean P. said:
I'm just saying that to me the new ranking system only works for a niche of the community and they alienated a whole hell of a lot of players who have very tight schedules

3 games a day ( not even every day consecutively) isn't that demanding. It takes about 30 minutes or so depending on activity. I really don't see a complaint.

Sean P.

Alienshogun said:
3 games a day ( not even every day consecutively) isn't that demanding. It takes about 30 minutes or so depending on activity. I really don't see a complaint.

I was on campus yesterday from 830am -1230am. I have class everyday from 830-5 and then hours of homework

ManCannon said:
Regarding the Slayer PRO in Arena - it's being yanked because it's actually not the same Slayer PRO as you'll find elsewhere in Matchmaking which is DMR+SPRINT and NO RADAR. The variant in Arena was technically mis-named. (and before anyone asks about a no-radar option in Arena - I've been told it won't be there in season 2 but will likely exist either as a voting option or a replacement entirely for season 3)
These are curious decisions, but thanks for the insight. It's obviously great to have such immediate and direct communication with Bungie.

And at least the removal of Slayer Pro also means there will only be one set of rockets on Boardwalk, along with the mostly useless plasma launcher. :(

Speaking of which, can we expect a fully fledged Title Update at some stage, one that redresses the balance of a few things? Halo Reach 1.1? The Focus Rifle, for instance, is just plain underwhelming in the retail game, and I'm fairly confident you could see that your end just looking at the raw kill numbers for it (put it his way: in ~250 games of Competitive/Invasion, I have died from the Focus Rifle thrice).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sean P. said:
I was on campus yesterday from 830am -1230am. I have class everyday from 830-5 and then hours of homework

Then maybe you should be studying or working on school work instead of complaining on a forum about a game, or even worrying a number in a game anyway?

If you have time to play reach, and complain about reach I think you probably have time for 3 arena games.

Trasher

ManCannon said:
the Betrayal system will be updated in the October update to basically have parity with what you're used to in Halo 3.
This deserves a Grunt Birthday Party "YAYYYYYYYYY!"

Sean P. said:
Really dude? You are gonna complain that a game won't fit around your schedule? How is that Bungie's fault? smh

Louis Wu said:
Second Bulltrue in two days where I actually died while getting it. This doesn't make any sense to me... if I got the Bulltrue, why would I die?

CLANG.

(Period of time where host and client get to both be right about the outcome of a moment, whether it be two people shooting each other or two people meleing each other. Sword block could also come into play)

Sean P.

Alienshogun said:
Then maybe you should be studying or working on school work instead of complaining on a forum about a game, or even worrying a number in a game anyway?

If you have time to play reach, and complain about reach I think you probably have time for 3 arena games.

Why are you even asking questions about what I'm saying if every response you give is condescending and rude?

I love Halo and I'm trying to voice my opinion on what would make it better for people in my situation, but nevermind just forget it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sean P. said:
Why are you even asking questions about what I'm saying if every response you give is condescending and rude?

I love Halo and I'm trying to voice my opinion on what would make it better for people in my situation, but nevermind just forget it.

Because what you are bitching about is a non issue.

I somehow think you are the type of person who bitches in MMOs that you can't get good gear or in a good guild because you can't invest that much time in it. I may be wrong though, but that's how you are coming across.

You don't have time for the game. That isn't the game's fault, or Bungie's. End of story.

Sean P.

Alienshogun said:
Because what you are bitching about is a non issue.

I somehow think you are the type of person who bitches in MMOs that you can't get good gear or in a good guild because you can't invest that much time in it. I may be wrong though, but that's how you are coming across.

You don't have time for the game. That isn't the game's fault, or Bungie's. End of story.

I don't play MMO's, I only play Halo.

And its a non-issue for you. It was included in the other Halo games, worked great. It was removed from this game and replaced with something that I feel is inferior so I'm voicing an opinion. Sorry for posting so much and I'll stop now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sean P. said:
I don't play MMO's, I only play Halo.

And its a non-issue for you. It was included in the other Halo games, worked great. It was removed from this game and replaced with something that I feel is inferior so I'm voicing an opinion. Sorry for posting so much and I'll stop now.

I said "Type of person," I didn't say you do play MMOs.

They made it this way intentionally, and more than likely isn't something they are even considering changing. Lots of things are different in Reach as compared to other Halo games, adapt or fail, it's that simple.

LQX

I sure hope there is a fix coming for firefight. It is a fucking lag fest. And betrayal should be turned off.

Also I think there is something wonky with kills sometimes not registering for challenges.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LQX said:
I sure hope there is a fix coming for firefight. It is a fucking lag fest. And betrayal should be turned off.

Also I think there is something wonky with kills sometimes not registering for challenges.

I did what Blurblue suggested and put my search to "best connection" and lag is pretty rare now.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Does bulletproof not unlock if you play Gruntpocolypse?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I see you guys complaining about betrayal booting and matchmaking bans all the time. Neither of those things have happened to me. I really recommend you guys start playing with people you know. Not only is matchmaking 10000000X better but shit like that doesn't really happen.

I also find it absolutely HILARIOUS that back when no one was really playing Halo 3 and I was bitching about getting cheated again in MLG every day that now, in Reach, I see people in the thread complaining about getting cheated against but it hasn't happened to me once.
run on sentence? lol
:lol :lol I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but it's pretty funny.

ManCannon

Shake Appeal said:
Speaking of which, can we expect a fully fledged Title Update at some stage, one that redresses the balance of a few things? Halo Reach 1.1? The Focus Rifle, for instance, is just plain underwhelming in the retail game, and I'm fairly confident you could see that your end just looking at the raw kill numbers for it (put it his way: in ~250 games of Competitive/Invasion, I have died from the Focus Rifle thrice).

No plans for any title update that I'm aware of right now. Who knows, but nothing in the works currently.

Looks like I have 9 total kills with the Focus Rifle across all of my Invasion+Competitive games. :lol

I just spent 2 HOURS playing through Pillar of Autumn on Legendary. I need to hear from a Bungie employee or someone with first-hand experience that I don't have to play the missions sequentially to get the achievement for legendary solo.

I NEED TO HEAR THESE WORDS.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Genesis Knight said:
I just spent 2 HOURS playing through Pillar of Autumn on Legendary. I need to hear from a Bungie employee or someone with first-hand experience that I don't have to play the missions sequentially to get the achievement for legendary solo.

Podcast? You might be waiting a while. :lol

ElRenoRaven

ManCannon said:

WooHoo!!!!!!!

I had no problem at all with the way Halo 3 handled it. You had to go out of your way to kill people to get booted in it.

Trasher

Calm Killer said:
Does bulletproof not unlock if you play Gruntpocolypse?
I did Gruntpocalypse and completed that challenge in it just fine.

Tashi0106 said:
I see you guys complaining about betrayal booting and matchmaking bans all the time. Neither of those things have happened to me. I really recommend you guys start playing with people you know. Not only is matchmaking 10000000X better but shit like that doesn't really happen.

I also find it absolutely HILARIOUS that back when no one was really playing Halo 3 and I was bitching about getting cheated again in MLG every day that now, in Reach, I see people in the thread complaining about getting cheated against but it hasn't happened to me once.
run on sentence? lol
:lol :lol I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but it's pretty funny.
:lol How many games have you even played in BTB where that is where the problem with the booting typically is? :lol

You hardly even play any regular Team Slayer! :p

Sean P.

Genesis Knight said:

My opinion, might not be correct, but as proof when you beat a level on legendary and then go back to select it it will say highest difficulty mission completed on: and show. I'm pretty sure once you have all those it unlocks, no matter the order.

Welp that's that.

Fbowm.jpg

neoism

Genesis Knight said:

WHAT!
I thought you only had to fill the Legendary symbol on the missions list. I'm on New Alexandria....

Red

Genesis Knight said:

I definitely got it playing levels out of order.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zero margin said:
bulletproof did not unlock for me playing gruntpocalypse. I did it several times without dying and none worked.

Try sniperfight and see.

GP worked fine for me, but I know I only played those two modes today aside from regular MM.

LiK

ugh, just made like 20 successful assassinations on the Elite in Nightfall but achievement didn't unlock. i'll try again tomorrow. dammit.

I just thought of something.

I remember when the Tip of the Spear opening cutscene was shown in a trailer or vidoc or something. I got REALLY excited about having a super large scale battle in Reach. Turns out that the battles in Reach actually seem pretty small scale, there wasnt really an epic Tank run, and even the 3 way battles in Halo 1 seem to have had more enemies on screen than Reach does at times.

Wasnt Reach supposed to have lthe ability to have like 40 enemies on screen at once? Or am I just missing out on the bigger battles because I havent done 4 player Co-op?

This isnt really a complaint, more enemies doesnt always mean more fun, and Reach has a REALLY fun campaign, but I was really hoping for a epic battle when seeing the Tip of the Spear cutscene in that trailer. A HUGE scale battle where the AI actually fights eachother around you would have been awesome.

Im not sure why, but it really feels like there were few moments in Reach where you had like an army of marines with you. The Silent Cartographer Beach landing gave me that sense (Illusion?) of being one unit in a pretty epic battle (although after the first time playing I realized it was a pretty small battle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom