• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Shake Appeal said:
I should stress that I will not be going into multiplayer and sacrificing myself after five kills to get another five kills. But I know that plenty of Halo's charming playerbase will be, provided they're even aware that a Killing Frenzy won't work.

If they aren't going in they will be soon enough won't they? lol

PsychoRaven said:
Yea. I agree that sucks. As said I don't think challenges like that should even exsist to be honest. The reason you point out is one such reason. I was just saying that it wasn't that bad really in regards to what it could have been. It could have been get two killtrocities in a single game. :D

I don't think it was deliberate (at least, I hope not), it's just a lack of attention to detail.

Gui_PT

Photolysis said:
I don't think it was deliberate (at least, I hope not), it's just a lack of attention to detail.

The challenge says 2 killing sprees, right? Sounds like it was deliberate.

I played 17 games today already Bungie, are you not going to fix the challenge?

Net_Wrecker said:
Also, 3 years of regular play just to Reach the top rank is utterly ridiculous. There better be some BIG extra point challenges a year from now.

Maybe, just maybe, Bungie feels like not everybody deserves to reach the top rank.

Maybe, just maybe, it's deliberately for the most hardcore of the hardcore.

I'm totally okay with that.

Raide

Net_Wrecker said:
Also, 3 years of regular play just to Reach the top rank is utterly ridiculous. There better be some BIG extra point challenges a year from now.

Double Cr Weekends Incoming!

Gui_PT said:

Eh, I had just assumed it meant sprees gained via kills instead of weapon sprees.

If it was by design, it's (yet another) bad challenge.
If it's not by design, it's sloppy and careless.

Which one is it, I wonder?

divisionbyzorro said:
Maybe, just maybe, Bungie feels like not everybody deserves to reach the top rank.

Maybe, just maybe, it's deliberately for the most hardcore of the hardcore.

I'm totally okay with that.

Not maybe, it's 100% for the most hardcore.

I'm just "aww WTF Bungie dat ain't right" because I'll never get there unless they have a "Kill 7 people in a row, Reach top rank" Challenge.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Net_Wrecker said:

Except that for all we know, the cR requirements could be placeholders right now. They're not supposed to be accessed yet anyways, so for all we know bungie could have just put random numbers up.

aesop

Photolysis said:
Eh, I had just assumed it meant sprees gained via kills instead of weapon sprees.

If it was by design, it's (yet another) bad challenge.
If it's not by design, it's sloppy and careless.

Which one is it, I wonder?
1460 challenges a year. Some won't work. It's inevitable.

panda21

fuck what the hell is invasion slayer? shit makes no sense

just played a game where everyone but me on my team had dropped out with a good 5 minutes left, it ended up being me vs 4 others spawning with at least 2 of them standing waiting for me and i still got the most kills :lol even managed to steal a wraith from them :lol FUCK YEAH

RdN

Shake Appeal said:
Sadly, it doesn't seem so. They are softkilling the top of Zealot, at least.

It's a very similar problem IMO.. Swat games are unplayable when one team gets on top of the bases..

Gui_PT

aesop said:
1460 challenges a year. Some won't work. It's inevitable.

No it's not. They have tons of time to fix them.

Edit: Even if it's not fixed in time, they can check who played 17 games and consider the challenge complete.

panda21 said:
just played a game where everyone but me on my team had dropped out with a good 5 minutes left, it ended up being me vs 4 others spawning with at least 2 of them standing waiting for me and i still got the most kills :lol even managed to steal a wraith from them :lol FUCK YEAH

But did they tea bag you?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Lamonster said:
Can this achievement be completed in co-op?

Yes. I completed it with a friend. Basically, I ran ahead and marked targets and would engage. He would provide mortar fire from the tank.

panda21 said:

Invasion Slayer essentially follows the rules of Invasion, but victory is based on kills rather than capture progression.

You unlock higher tiers of classes as the game progresses, and you can capture predefined spots for either weapons or vehicles.

I enjoy Invasion Slayer A LOT. The only bad thing is that the kill count to win is 100, and not 50.

The worst part is. It's only my second multiplayer killing frenzy since I got the game. I couldn't believe I got it today of all days.

Then nothing popped up... :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hit Captain Grade 1 last night. The Captain ranks are so effortless compared to WO Grade 3. :lol

Kuroyume

Banned
panda21 said:

Kill people

Capture spots to get cool weapons

Kill people

aesop

Gui_PT said:
I'm serious alright
So what you're saying is that the player investment system is working as intended? But I thought you said a few posts ago that it was broken.

Your sense of entitlement is astounding.

thetrin

Kuroyume said:
Kill people

Capture spots to get cool weapons

Kill people

Don't forget that you unlock further tiers of classes as the game progresses. People tend to forget that in Invasion Slayer.

Kuroyume said:
Kill people

Let the enemy Capture spots to get cool weapons

Steal cool weapon/vehicle when it drops

Kill people with the stuff you just stole from them
Fixed for injustice and hilarity :)

thetrin said:
Don't forget that you unlock further tiers of classes as the game progresses. People tend to forget that in Invasion Slayer.
Just like people forget (or don't know) to manually change their spawns to the vehicle drops in classic Invasion.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Had some great matches today, but damnit, the melee is getting me killed because I'm so used to the Halo 3 lunge, and every time I think I can do the same in Reach and I end up just whiffing air when I could just go for the headshot or a few more bullets - really annoying, but it'll come in time...

I also find myself not throwing grenades far enough, unless I actively think about it, I usually end up throwing them too short...

Finally I gotta remember my Armor Lock, which could've saved me in certain situations, but boy have I gotten some great kills thanks to it whenever I DO remember to use it... :D

Gui_PT said:

I got all of the challenges done a while ago, strange that it didn't work for you...

aesop

Gui_PT said:
At least I can read, genius. You said it's inevitable for the challenges to not work, I said they have time to fix them. Not one word of that post means I don't think they're working properly.

Comprehension problems much?

At least try not to be a moron when you reply.
Ouch. The insults. I think you should reread that exchange. I said it was inevitable that some wouldn't work. You said "no it isn't."

Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word before flying off the handle.

Edit: Your edit wasn't fast enough.

Gui_PT

aesop said:
Ouch. The insults. I think you should reread that exchange. I said it was inevitable that some wouldn't work. You said "no it isn't."

Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word before flying off the handle.

It isn't! They have 24 hours to fix them everytime they're broken. Have fun discussing this on your own.

Edit: I know people would read it, but i don't want to get upset about it. See how it says I edited my post? Yeah, didn't try to hide it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
NullPointer said:
Woah, woah, woah, wait up here. What? Seriously.

I haven't gotten a chance to dig into BTB yet, but Countdown? I can't even...

Not only that, but team snipers and Swat infest it. I'll only play Arena, or Invasion solo till these playlists are fixed.

Alienshogun said:
Not only that, but team snipers and Swat infest it. I'll only play Arena, or Invasion solo till these playlists are fixed.

Yep same. That's precisely what I've been doing.

My Invasion game stats are off the charts. Boneyard and Spire are wearing thin though.

DancingJesus said:
Boneyard and Spire are wearing thin though.
Agreed. The playlists I"m getting into are all Invasion + Team Slayer (havent minded SWAT/Snipers except for Hemorrhage. I really dislike that map) + Firefight + Firefight + Firefight.

I'm going to wait for the playlist changes before hitting up BTB and Team Objective. Still don't know if I'll ever do Arena, but anything's possible.

I finally got all the chievo's today. All i need now is that Jorge helmet for getting a Killtacular. Ive always tried to get all the achievements in Halo games.

We do need some new BTB maps, what we have Hemorrhage, Paradiso, and that's about it, Boardwalk is ok, but still not that great at all, Countdown just sucks, and Boneyard, yeah, ya'll know my feelings about that map for BTB, and Spire is decent for it. But that just leaves pretty much only 2, made for BTB maps, which is very disappointing. Hopefully we get some new forge ones and some new or remakes in the first map pack.

4 v 4 on Hemorrhage is THE WORST experience I've ever had in a Halo game. I can't believe they actually put that map in anything but Big Team, what a joke. I wanted to get myself booted the whole time, but just sat in the corner instead.

EDIT: Now Dropshield orbit campers on Zealot. Jesus Christ this game is so frustrating sometimes.

Shoogoo

Sean P. said:
So much about this game makes me so angry and yet I wont stop playing it.

This is how I feel. My friend and I just spent 1 hour getting angry and ranting about stuff yet we didn't stop playing.

This thread goes the same way, so many people complaining all the time yet the thread goes haywire

Kibbles said:
This map looks freaking great and it's not an eyesore. Should be one of the first to make it into matchmaking - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4168082&player=GunnerGrunt
Could just be the video, but it looks like it has the framerate problems a lot of complicated maps suffer from.

vhfive said:
bungie please please please get rid of the top of sniper on Asylum. It's ruining the best mep in the game
This, this, a thousand times this.

Raide

Shake Appeal said:
Could just be the video, but it looks like it has the framerate problems a lot of complicated maps suffer from.

I did spot a bit of that in the middle. Will download and check it out. Could just be my stream but it will be interesting to see how it plays with full teams.

Giard

Just got done playing 5 matches in Rumble Pit.
Infection, Infection, Race, Infection, Infection.

Don't get me wrong, I love Infection, but damn. Some variety would be welcome.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Giard said:

Havent seen what the race looks like, i think i played 99% of safe heaven/infection and slayer or whatever that was once, in rumble pit.

Giard said:

It's not always Infection.

(Sometimes you get to play Safe Havens, too.)

Giard said:

You were playing with people that actually voted for race? I'm jealous.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Giard said:

Maybe it's just the fact that I play late at night, but I dont tend to get the "nothing but Swat" or "nothing but infection" that most people complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom