• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax01 said:
It's not the tank that's the problem, it's the map. I've never had an experience with an enemy tank on Paradiso as I just did on Hemorrhage. It's basically all flat land with no advantageous spot to spawn in.
How you gonna diss Blood Gulch??

Dax01 said:
It's not the tank that's the problem, it's the map. I've never had an experience with an enemy tank on Paradiso as I just did on Hemorrhage. It's basically all flat land with no advantageous spot to spawn in.
*cough*

Also, first Gold Commendation:

gold_large_technician_multiplayer.png

Kuroyume

Banned
What is it about Invasion that people don't understand with the spawning system? "Teammate trying to spawn nearby" doesn't mean rush into 5 enemies with a plasma pistol so that you could get killed.

Did they change the settings in Team Slayer? I thought Classic Slayer was only AR/Pistol starts and now Slayer is AR/Pistol starts too? The shit is annoying. AR/Pistol starts remind me of the bad times of Halo 3.

Also, I still don't understand why SWAT is removed from Team Slayer but not Snipers. At the very least SWAT games go by quickly. 4 on 4 on Hemmorrhage doesn't even end until the timer runs out of time. It's mind fucking numbing slow. Then you have this stupid snipers on Countdown shit which doesn't even make any sense. Why not put Invasion on Countdown next? Seriously :lol

Some fellow named "Zz Legacy XBL" threatened to "hack my account" because I used armor lock in a match too much.

Do I have a reason to be concerned/what does he mean by this?

Kapura

Banned
Major Williams said:
Some fellow named "Zz Legacy XBL" threatened to "hack my account" because I used armor lock in a match too much.

No. Report his ass anyway, but nothing to be concerned with. alternately, taunt him with messages of "u mad bro?"

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Jexhius said:
Always better than mob rule.

It's bad. That's all there is to it!

I would completely disagree with you

Major Williams said:

That's what you get for using Armor Lock.

Cheapass...

It's a baseless empty threat. I'd even mock him with private messages.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
AR and Magnum start is a million times better than it was in Halo 3. It's more than playable.

zumphry

Banned
Anyone wanna go for some matchmaking? I'm considering doing the first three or so levels of Legendary for my solo run, so whatever.

Apath

Kuroyume said:
What is it about Invasion that people don't understand with the spawning system? "Teammate trying to spawn nearby" doesn't mean rush into 5 enemies with a plasma pistol so that you could get killed.

Did they change the settings in Team Slayer? I thought Classic Slayer was only AR/Pistol starts and now Slayer is AR/Pistol starts too? The shit is annoying. AR/Pistol starts remind me of the bad times of Halo 3.

Also, I still don't understand why SWAT is removed from Team Slayer but not Snipers. At the very least SWAT games go by quickly. 4 on 4 on Hemmorrhage doesn't even end until the timer runs out of time. It's mind fucking numbing slow. Then you have this stupid snipers on Countdown shit which doesn't even make any sense. Why not put Invasion on Countdown next? Seriously :lol
AR/Pistol starts are perfectly fine save for the larger maps. If I recall correctly, Classic Slayer only removed armor abilities (or made it sprint only, either or).

What do they do when they hack your account?

I told him that their entire team had all of the ghosts and warthogs, and it was on Spire, so I had limited options for how to counter their stuff.

Major Williams said:

Just hack his internets first. All his internets!

Feorax

Just hit Warrant Officer Grade 3! Only one more rank now until Captain! :D

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gui_PT

Major Williams said:
What do they do when they hack your account?

I told him that their entire team had all of the ghosts and warthogs, and it was on Spire, so I had limited options for how to counter their stuff.

You're actually talking to him? Fool's not worth your time.

Kholdstare

GhaleonEB said:
Finally got atop a personal leaderboard on Score Attack. Beat ManCannon's score on Corvette by a comfortable 2,400 points with zero deaths.

My day is now complete.

(Except for spraying the moss on the roof. But the important part of the day is complete.)

What is your score at now?

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
Your variant definitely improves infantry movement by adding cover around the edges. My only concerns were how wide open the center center is, and that the snipers have too far a range. The sniper position on the side without the caves still has a perfect line of sight of the entire map and can snipe the other team as they go from their base to their vehicles.

Looks like you and Dani both whipped up Gulch variants. Let's give them both a whirl for customs, I'd love to get a good game on them. :D

Raide

Mik2121 said:
Any Customs today? Or not until tomorrow?

- Oh god, Snipers on Hemorrhage on matchmaking now. Ughh... :(

I am up for Customs tomorrow, hopefully to play some more ForgeGAF maps. :D

JohnIIVII

The Lamonster said:
Yeah you just have to ignore those kinds threats, he won't do anything.
Yeah just ignore him. I got a similar threat during the beta. I was playing team slayer and my team dominated the opposing team, I myself leading with 25 kills. I recieved a message from a player on the opposite team saying something like "Wow gay gamertag! Should I just go ahead and report you to microsoft?" I found the message ironic however, because my gamertag at the time was a halo reference, so he was basically insulting the game he was spending his precious time playing. :lol My response to him was something along the lines of: "Im sorry for the inconvenience it was for you to play with me. Please, if it would make you feel better, go ahead and report me to microsoft. While you are at it, go ahead and report the ass kicking i just handed you and your team." :lol :lol He responded back with something stupid and I just ignored him from there.

Gui_PT

JohnIIVII said:
Yeah just ignore him. I got a similar threat during the beta. I was playing team slayer and my team dominated the opposing team, I myself leading with 25 kills. I recieved a message from a player on the opposite team saying something like "Wow gay gamertag! Should I just go ahead and report you to microsoft?" I found the message ironic however, because my gamertag at the time was a halo reference, so he was basically insulting the game he was spending his precious time playing. :lol My response to him was something along the lines of: "Im sorry for the inconvenience it was for you to play with me. Please, if it would make you feel better, go ahead and report me to microsoft. While you are at it, go ahead and report the ass kicking i just handed you and your team." :lol :lol He responded back with something stupid and I just ignored him from there.

I usually just respond with a <3

Shuts them up really fast. =P

PsychoRaven said:
You know what. FUCK SWAT AND FUCK THOSE THAT CHOOSE IT!!

Seriously.

I love when three slayer modes come up (in a freakin team slayer lobby no less) and almost everyone votes for none of the above because they want to play SWAT. There is a small sense of satisfaction however when the new modes appear and still there is no SWAT. :lol

Gah, just played a game of Slayer on The Cage. Dear god those spawns were shit. The other team was pretty skilled, but being able to spawn kill over and over...

Spawns on The Cage need serious revision.

Striker

Dax01 said:
:lol

Jb

zero margin said:
I love when three slayer modes come up (in a freakin team slayer lobby no less) and almost everyone votes for none of the above because they want to play SWAT. There is a small sense of satisfaction however when the new modes appear and still there is no SWAT. :lol
Whenever SWAT on Boardwalk or Hemorhagge are chosen, I just quit instantly. I'm not proud of it at all but I simply can't stand it.
Do most people vote for it because they want to increase their K/D ratio?

GhaleonEB said:
Your variant definitely improves infantry movement by adding cover around the edges. My only concerns were how wide open the center center is, and that the snipers have too far a range. The sniper position on the side without the caves still has a perfect line of sight of the entire map and can snipe the other team as they go from their base to their vehicles.
Yeah, I'm aware there's a lot of work to be done, but I've run out of rocks, and I really want to avoid using Forerunner structures as cover unless I can spend a lot of time on them.

Zomba13

-.- just got booted from an infection game because some idiot rolled in front of me when I was about to lunge a human.

ElRenoRaven

Zomba13 said:
-.- just got booted from an infection game because some idiot rolled in front of me when I was about to lunge a human.

Well you got what you deserved. After all you should have known better then to lunge at someone. Geez you noob. Everyone knows that. j/k

Mik2121

3 more games until I get the 17 games challenge...

Then I'll go to sleep :/ God, I hope I can get out of Warrant Officer Grace 3 soon. It feels like I've been on this rank forever.

Zomba13

Wow. 5 games of infection/safe havens in a row. I like the gametype and all but I wanted to play some Slayer.

EDIT: Oh fuck off! ANOTHER safe havens game! WTF is with Reach today? s it zombie day or something?

EDIT2: Had a round of race and then back to infection -.-

Raide

Mik2121 said:
3 more games until I get the 17 games challenge...

Then I'll go to sleep :/ God, I hope I can get out of Warrant Officer Grace 3 soon. It feels like I've been on this rank forever.

*pages Urk to reset Mik's stats* -_-

Zomba13 said:

some idiot stabbed me from behind in infection while I was about to stab someone from behind, what he didn't see me? i booted him

wut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom