• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Shoogoo said:
Why? I loved it. I found Exodus harder.

The same reason I hated ONI: Sword Base on Legendary: any vehicle-centric mission on Halo: Reach's broken Legendary just turns into the AI destroying my vehicle and me having to walk/sprint around in this large open environment facing off against other AI vehicles on foot.

Oh well, I never expected to have fun on Legendary solo in the first place. Just going to deal with it for the sake of the Achievement.

@Sean P: I'm the same way. This is definitely the most frustrating and broken Halo, IMO, but I can't stop playing it.

Shake Appeal said:
This, this, a thousand times this.
Exhibit 1: Team Oddball on Asylum. We win 150-44, but they put snipers in the top of both bases and shotgun people when they jump up to them. Cool job, Lt Colonels.

Exhibit 2: Team Oddball on Pinnacle. All three players spawn with drop shield every time and sit in it. There is one plasma pistol on this map. A sniper takes at least 4 rounds to punch through a shield, a shotgun is a simultaneous kill at best against the instant-kill ball, and the rocket spawn every three minutes.

I don't like to be the guy that bitches, but some of these things were issues that were prevalent and then later addressed in Halo 3.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Domino Theory said:
I just finished Tip of the Spear on Legendary solo.

Holy fucking shit what a horrible level to play on Legendary.

If you think that is bad, wait for Exodus, easily the worst/hardest level on legendary.

Domino Theory said:
The same reason I hated ONI: Sword Base on Legendary: any vehicle-centric mission on Halo: Reach's broken Legendary just turns into the AI destroying my vehicle and me having to walk/sprint around in this large open environment facing off against other AI vehicles on foot.

Oh well, I never expected to have fun on Legendary solo in the first place. Just going to deal with it for the sake of the Achievement.

@Sean P: I'm the same way. This is definitely the most frustrating and broken Halo, IMO, but I can't stop playing it.
Whaaaat? I lasted long enough in my vehicles for most missions that required them

Hemorrhage is such a terribly designed map. I just got done with a 2-flag game in which the enemy team managed to get the tank behind the base, and for the rest of the game, my team was either:
A: spawn killed by the tank or being sniped by some random sniper all the way across the map.
B: if by some lucky change we were spawned inside the base, we were forced to stay there for fear of going outside and being sniped or being killed by the tank.

You could put a tank on Valhalla and this shit would not have happened. Ugh.

To put something bright in this post: Congrats to ShinAmano for getting married. :)

Dax01 said:
Hemorrhage is such a terribly designed map. I just got done with a 2-flag game in which the enemy team managed to get the tank behind the base, and for the rest of the game, my team was either:
A: spawn killed by the tank or being sniped by some random sniper all the way across the map.
B: if by some lucky change we were spawned inside the base, we were forced to stay there for fear of going outside and being sniped or being killed by the tank.

To put something bright in this post: Congrats to ShinAmano for getting married. :)

I guess it was Pro and you couldn't use a cloak to take out the tank.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dax01 said:

Every map in this game is either ruined by power weapons or the Tank.

And if there's both (Paradiso for Objective and Hemorrhage), then it's a recipe for disaster.

Dax01 said:

Good thing they're removing the tank.

zumphry

Banned
Loving how the last few ranks
bring back the Myth/Halo 2 "end-game" designs.

Too bad I'm never even going to be able to play enough to get to something like Lt. Colonel. :/

Chorazin

Domino Theory said:

I actually had only a few problems in Sword Base, mainly when I had to fight the two Ghosts. After I figured out how to take them out it was actually less frustrating than when I played it on Heroic.

I'm sure Tip of the Spear will be terrible, but I dunno if it can be worse than Nightfall. That level is so fucking long!

Jex

Domino Theory said:
I haven't had too much problem on Legendary. For Sword Base I just stole a wraith and destroyed everything in sight, and when that slid off into the sea (damn you ice) I just plasma pistoled everything else.

Domino Theory said:
Every map in this game is either ruined by power weapons or the Tank.
Part of why I like Zealot and Countdown. Worst thing you are going to run into is a sword/shotgun, and there's only one of them.

Chorazin

Domino Theory said:
Nightfall was surprisingly easy and fun on Legendary solo. I think I only died once there.

Holograms work great against Hunters on that level.

Edit: Yep, only once: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=142099655&player=Oml3t

Lucky, the Hunters just ignored my Hologram even if I was hidden from the moment they dropped. I just let Jun get pummeled until he said "Taking fire!" (that would be the point they would leave me alone and just shoot at him) and then I ran out and used that plasma grenade lock on cannon thingy to stick the shit out of their backs.

Very satifying after I beat that section though!

Sean P.

Domino Theory said:

I'm scared a lot of people feel that way, and when a new game comes along the player count will drop like flies

ElRenoRaven

Alienshogun said:
If you think that is bad, wait for Exodus, easily the worst/hardest level on legendary.

Odd. I actually found that level one of the easy on legendary. I went into it expecting it to be almost impossible but I got through it really quickly.

GhaleonEB

Finally got atop a personal leaderboard on Score Attack. Beat ManCannon's score on Corvette by a comfortable 2,400 points with zero deaths.

My day is now complete.

(Except for spraying the moss on the roof. But the important part of the day is complete.)

Sean P. said:
I'm scared a lot of people feel that way, and when a new game comes along the player count will drop like flies
I think you're right - however, multiplayer could be fixed with some updates to the playlists and credit/reward system.

Nobody is ever going to reach the highest rank unless something is changed. As someone said earlier, you'd have to gain 20k cR every day for about 3 years. And that's impossible at this point.

Chorazin

BakedPigeon said:
Can any of the bungie guys confirm if the 4 banshees you can spawn on The Package are just for a future vidmaster?

Uh, what? More info plz! That level would be so much easier with some Bashees!

Uh, so I dont think I have posted since reach came out. My impressions would be a little null now, but let me say it kicks ass. Hence why I havent posted at all. :lol

The campaign was amazing but it did leave me wanting a little more, and while some areas shined, others left be a tad sad.
I would have loved to see some destruction on exodus. If some skyscrapers came down right next to you it would have been awesome. Also would have been a cool throwback to halo 2 if they put a scarab in there doing some damage.

I may elaborate more on my thoughts, but for now... Im going to keep playing. I cant wait to see some new Forge World maps but I also cant wait for a map pack. There are so many amazing locals from the campaign that could be featured for a mp map.

ElRenoRaven

Chorazin said:
Uh, what? More info plz! That level would be so much easier with some Bashees!

Youtube video about it.

Basically there is a hidden switch that when hit spawns another near the start point. The catch is that said 2nd switch disappears fast so you need a buddy to click it when it does. After you do this 4 banshees spawn up on top of the building.

oatmeal

Banned
Dax01 said:
It's not that hard. I probably died about four times before I did it.

But then again, I'm a pro with the tank...don't know how good you are with it.

That last part is tough, but doable. Just stay back and scout on foot.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I just saw some dude, on Hemorrage, cheating. He was hiding inside the rocks in the top area of the map, behind them. I proceeded to shoot him (my teammate) so he booted me. I can't stand that shit in competitive games.

GT: xXJUAN23Xx305

-Yeti said:
Good thing they're removing the tank.
It's not the tank that's the problem, it's the map. I've never had an experience with an enemy tank on Paradiso as I just did on Hemorrhage. It's basically all flat land with no advantageous spot to spawn in.

PsychoRaven said:
Youtube video about it.

Basically there is a hidden switch that when hit spawns another near the start point. The catch is that said 2nd switch disappears fast so you need a buddy to click it when it does. After you do this 4 banshees spawn up on top of the building.

The interesting thing though is that it also removes the map boundary barriers....... which leads to the next obvious question. Why?

Sir Fragula said:
The more I use Reach's game voting mechanism, the more I'm convinced Democracy doesn't work.
By its very design as a matchmaking playlist system, with voting or not, somebody is almost always going to end up in a game they would never willingly choose.

NullPointer said:
By its very design as a matchmaking playlist system, with voting or not, somebody is almost always going to end up in a game they would never willingly choose.
That's why I don't understand this whole playlist thing. I wish you could pick what mode you actually want to play, then maybe vote on the map. It's not like shit tons of people aren't playing online at any given time.

Mad Max

Dax01 said:

I have rage-quitted a lot of games on this map because of the tank. It's especially fun when you're playing classic slayer with no AA's and the other team has 2 tanks + two snipers because your team fucked up badly. All you can really do is either stay and boost someones stats by dying over and over again, or just leave and take the 15 minute ban like a man. : (

They need to take out The Cage, Sword Bridge, and Pinnacle out of Arena. IMO, those are the worst maps when it comes to spawns, power weapon usage, and finally team setups.

IMO, the best maps in the game so far are Zealot, Asylum, and finally Count Down.

ElRenoRaven

Neuromancer said:
Hey what happened to that little submachine gun from Halo 3 and ODST? I miss it. =\

You mean the SMG? If so it didn't make the cut in Halo: Reach. Besides it's role was filled by the AR and better I might add. Also without duel wield it would suck ass.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Neuromancer said:
Hey what happened to that little submachine gun from Halo 3 and ODST? I miss it. =\

Me too! That was my favorite weapon in ODST, and probably my favorite human weapon in any Halo game.

Oh well, the awesomeness of the Needle Rifle makes up for the sub's absence.

Sir Fragula said:
The more I use Reach's game voting mechanism, the more I'm convinced Democracy doesn't work.

So what do you suggest Sir Fragula? I'm just curious.

I'm kinda in the same boat with you (figuratively speaking that is...lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom