• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizpig

I need your help, Halo gaf.

326d5af234d716cf5b9a286639ab628d.png

These are the achievements i miss. (yeah i don't want to kill Moas)

Now the question... any tips to do the 1 million legit with 4 people?
Maybe gruntpocalipse?

darthbob

Wizpig said:
I need your help, Halo gaf.

326d5af234d716cf5b9a286639ab628d.png

These are the achievements i miss. (yeah i don't want to kill Moas)

Now the question... any tips to do the 1 million legit with 4 people?
Maybe gruntpocalipse?

Why must you do it 'legit'?

No one cares.

Mik2121

Man, my soldier on bnet is still the original Noble 6 and I've been playing this game since release date. I know they've not turned the switch on completely, but it seems like mostly everybody is getting his spartan updated except me. What's the deal?

Arnie

I'm having withdrawal symptoms from being away from my 360, need to play some Reach. I also need to finish my map, although I'm having a bit of an issue with the object limit, despite my map being a symmetrical 4v4 style map.

Mik2121 said:
Man, my soldier on bnet is still the original Noble 6 and I've been playing this game since release date. I know they've not turned the switch on completely, but it seems like mostly everybody is getting his spartan updated except me. What's the deal?
Seconded. And I'd still like to know my Arena percentile.

darthbob said:
You can get out of your ivory tower any time now.
It's not an ivory tower, it's wanting to do something in a way that is fun for you. Cheesing Firefight by downloading a map and blazing through it is not fun for me. You can stop with the weird hostility now.

Jay-B said:
Whenever SWAT on Boardwalk or Hemorhagge are chosen, I just quit instantly. I'm not proud of it at all but I simply can't stand it.
Do most people vote for it because they want to increase their K/D ratio?

I'll quit them randomly, like if I have to play more than 3 in a row I will quit. As for why people vote for it? The consensus is that it's the MW2 crowd that's playing it right now. Playlist change is in 4 days, be so nice after that.

I'd like to see the playlist/matchmaking system reversed in a way like somebody mentioned earlier.

Choose your gametype first and then vote on which map to play. I think there would be far less disappointment in that kind of system.

Wizpig

darthbob said:
Why must you do it 'legit'?

No one cares.
We care, and i don't want to be another one of those guys who unlocked all of the firefight achievements on the same day / in one run.

Basically, they have written "lolz i suck / i cheated" all over them... i know it's not a big deal for some people, but if you think about it it's just sad.

I'd like (if it is possible) to do it legit.
What do i mean with "legit"?

Standard health.
Standard weapons.
Standard enemies. (? maybe we should at least change the bonus round enemies? i don't know, i need tips!)

ps. going to read the update now!
BWU said:
Team Objective
Powerhouse will now feature several more gametypes, including 1 Flag and Stockpile. Because Powerhouse is awesome and we don’t get to play it enough.

Damn right urk!!

ElRenoRaven

Goddamn that update was sweet. I can't wait for the updates. I see me enjoying my time with multiplayer a shit ton more once those changes happen.

Kapura

Banned
fuck yeah, just got every daily. I don't think the 17 games challenged has a bugger reward, it just doesn't display it properly. I'm certain I got the infusion of credits that I wanted. And now, the xbox gets a nice, long break.

Kapura said:
fuck yeah, just got every daily. I don't think the 17 games challenged has a bugger reward, it just doesn't display it properly. I'm certain I got the infusion of credits that I wanted. And now, the xbox gets a nice, long break.
For about 10 hours and 21 minutes amirite? :D

I for one can't stop playing this damn game.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Removing friendly fire in Firefight is great. Shit happens way too often in Rocketfight (and that's the only gametype anyone ever votes for, so it's the one I've been playing most often).

Zomba13

What is the point of Rally? It's terrible. Race I get, it's fun. But Rally is pointless. The points are random, you are better off camping in an area, when the destination moves by the time you turn to it someone else has gotten it. It's just so annoying.

EDIT: And of course, my next game would be infection wouldnt it -.-

Good update. Looking forward to the details of bug fixes, etc.

17 game challenge nearly killed me. But my ridiculous daily challenge spree continues.

Wizpig

Shake Appeal said:
Good update. Looking forward to the details of bug fixes, etc.

17 game challenge nearly killed me. But my ridiculous daily challenge spree continues.
I think they fixed the resets though, i'm still at 9/17 or something even if my xbox is off.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
A little disappointed in this week's update, but mostly because Bungie had already hinted at all the biggest parts in this topic already.

vetrox

Mik2121 said:

Same here. I thought they would mention it in the update, but not so.
btw, how is your Q3A map remake coming along?

On another note...

Team Snipers 4v4 on Countdown. All of my "teammates" quit from the lobby. I died. Alot.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=145653927&player=Washaa

:(

Deadly

I think I just got a challege twice... It gave me 1200 for "Challenge Completed" but I already did the assist challenge today

feel

Nice update. I hope the increase in regular Slayer frequency is very noticeable from the get go. So annoying playing 10 games and only 1 or 2 having all the armor abilities. I'm surprised that voting tendencies are telling them that people want to play more default slayer though, that's not the voting tendency I've been seeing at all.

Wizpig

vetrox said:
Same here. I thought they would mention it in the update, but not so.
"The online team is still hard at work to bring Bungie.net up to full strength in the immediate aftermath of launch. One of the hot discussion items that continues to pop up in our forums is the player model featured in every player’s Service Record (or rather, the lack thereof). Rest assured your cries are being heard and the team is steadily working towards a solution. Keep your fingers crossed and we’ll keep you updated."

zewone said:
I'll have hit the cap by then, so yeah, it still sucks.
Then can't you just bask in your victory of achieving the cap?

I don't mean to tell you how to play but honestly I just don't get it. Some people seem to be rushing to get to the cap and then get upset when they reach it.

Ok so I need the Arena experts advice on this one:

So far this Season ive played 7 games, and won all 7. (Thats all today)

I went into 4 of them with a party of 3, and came second twice, third once and fourth once. (one dude in my party is just a beast and came above me every game we played).

In the other 3 games I went in alone and came first in one game and second in another.

In the last game I played I was basically put with 3 people in party chat, against assuming 3 people and a random. The map was Zealot and my team just camped the top. With no way to communicate to them that it would be better to fight downstairs I had to camp the top aswell, and the game became a crapshoot. I came 3rd in the team that game and feel like i was screwed out of a lot of team shots on people coming up the lifts.

(To be fair that game started with the enemy all rushing to the top and trying to screw us over, so once we got top control pretty early it felt like sweet justice. There was one awesome moment where they threw like a million nades up the lift, "Our nades will blot out the Sun" :lol )

So my questions are -
- Should I keep playing with the beastly dude who will always rank above me? Will that hinder my shot at onyx or will we both get it if we keep winning?

- Should I never play alone in case im slotted onto a team as a fourth?

- And even though it feels like I was playing crap people (literally played some people with 1100 ratings) - will I be able to get Onyx? Im winning all my games, but im not playing better people. :/

- I know it supposedly doesnt matter, but what kind of daily ratings where people in Gold/ Onyx getting? Is 1598 good?

I didnt really bother with Season 1, but im strangely enticed by Onyx today. Like I really wanna get it. The Arena is a strange beast though and I wanna understand more about it before screwing myself over and ending up stuck in a low tier.

vetrox

Wizpig said:
"The online team is still hard at work to bring Bungie.net up to full strength in the immediate aftermath of launch. One of the hot discussion items that continues to pop up in our forums is the player model featured in every player’s Service Record (or rather, the lack thereof). Rest assured your cries are being heard and the team is steadily working towards a solution. Keep your fingers crossed and we’ll keep you updated."

Oh hai

neoism

ZayneH said:
Hey neo, I don't know if you've seen this or not, but I've rendered it. :lol

(forwarding through about 4 minutes of Plasma Pistol+Nerfle due to that Challenge the other day was boring :lol )
:lol :lol <3

zewone

NullPointer said:
Then can't you just bask in your victory of achieving the cap?

I don't mean to tell you how to play but honestly I just don't get it. Some people seem to be rushing to get to the cap and then get upset when they reach it.
I just want the new stuff, I like earning towards the new armory items. It's not about basking in glory of reaching the peak first. I like the feeling of all my matches pushing me towards my goal. Different strokes, different folks.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
zewone said:
I'll have hit the cap by then, so yeah, it still sucks.

You have to view it from the perspective of the average player. Even the average player who only plays a couple of hours a night at most is probably somewhere in the warrant officer grind at most. Just because a vocal minority has achieved the cap, doesn't mean everyone and their mother has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom