• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

GhaleonEB said:
So here's a quick video tour of Crossroads, which gives a better feel of its flow than pictures. Two caveats: I'm a crappy driver, and there's about a dozen places where I've yet to place edging around the outside - you'll know both when you see them. The consensus from Forge testers is that it's fairly fun to drive on, which is a relief since getting it to that state is what's taken so long. The outside edging is the last area to need geometry, but I am too tired to finish it tonight. Tomorrow I'll wrap that up and do the rest of the weapons, and maybe get into the spawns.
Wooow Man I can't wait to play this tomorrow... Will it be ready ? :O

So Ghal were does the sniper spawn?!! lol :p

bobs99 ... said:
Arena stuff.

I'm pretty sure winning has way more to do with getting onyx than your actual score...If you haven't lost a game yet but don't get onyx well then the system is fundamentally flawed since its TEAM games in Arena. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

zewone

Zerokku said:
You have to view it from the perspective of the average player. Even the average player who only plays a couple of hours a night at most is probably somewhere in the warrant officer grind at most. Just because a vocal minority has achieved the cap, doesn't mean everyone and their mother has.
Except there's no reason to have a cap, in my opinion. It won't affect those who aren't playing as much.

Chorazin

Heh, sweet!

Halo Waypoint's Twitter said:
Halo Waypoint (@HaloWaypoint) 10/1/10 8:34 PM And the winner of the Reach/UFC bundle is @Chorazin (dm incoming!). Thanks for playing, and of course we'll give away more stuff soon!

neoism said:

That map looks amazing - you can tell hes made a huge effort on it, I cant wait till its up for download personally.

But you know what looking at your spoiler made me laugh. As much as I love Ghals maps, I never like the lack of precision weapons he goes with. That map looks a little too open to put Snipers on it, but one Sniper placed between the two mancannons would be such a good power weapon while still being in a vulnerable spot. It would make for an interesting battle at the start of the game at the very least. :lol

xxjuicesxx said:
I'm pretty sure winning has way more to do with getting onyx than your actual score...If you haven't lost a game yet but don't get onyx well then the system is fundamentally flawed since its TEAM games in Arena. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

See the thing is, with one of the dudes I play with im sure he will always come above me. :lol And im pretty sure the victory streak will come to an end when I start playing harder people. The Arena is pretty much a mystery and I somehow get the feeling that it could be kinda tempremental.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
bobs99 ... said:
That map looks amazing - you can tell hes made a huge effort on it, I cant wait till its up for download personally.

But you know what looking at your spoiler made me laugh. As much as I love Ghals maps, I never like the lack of precision weapons he goes with. That map looks a little too open to put Snipers on it, but one Sniper placed between the two mancannons would be such a good power weapon while still being in a vulnerable spot. It would make for an interesting battle at the start of the game at the very least. :lol

Sniping would be fun on that map...

neoism

Roche178 said:
Here's a link to the thread with images and Cr amounts
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/316145-more-reach-ranks/
All Halo Reach ranks+images click at own risk.
SPOILER

SPOILER .....
Inheritor - Awarded at 20,000,000 cR
20it548_th.jpg

Lazslo

Damn Wu- you got that update up fast, thanks man. These days, I only read the updates on HBO's site because it's alot easier to read black and white on the iPhone. If you read the WWU on iPhones- check it out on HBO.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wizpig said:
We care, and i don't want to be another one of those guys who unlocked all of the firefight achievements on the same day / in one run.

Basically, they have written "lolz i suck / i cheated" all over them... i know it's not a big deal for some people, but if you think about it it's just sad.

I'd like (if it is possible) to do it legit.
What do i mean with "legit"?

What exactly is sad about it? It's a video game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mik2121 said:
Man, my soldier on bnet is still the original Noble 6 and I've been playing this game since release date. I know they've not turned the switch on completely, but it seems like mostly everybody is getting his spartan updated except me. What's the deal?

It's nothing new. There's some bug with the updating. My spartan hasn't updated since I hit Warrant Officer Grade 2.

Dani said:
Sniping would be fun on that map...

Im not sure if thats sarcasm but what I was thinking is that it might be pretty funny having both teams fighting over the mancannons at the start of the game over a single sniper suspended right above the middle. The daring player who goes over the mancannon would probably get teamshot and deliver the sniper to the other team right at the start. :lol I actually think a single Sniper with a VERY low respawn rate would be like the ultimate power weapon on that map - it would be hard to control, but pretty lethal for the team that does manage to hold it.

I personally would probably love Snipes on that map, but then again for me thats true of Snipers on any map. :lol Im just patiently waiting for Snipers Arena - make it happen Bungie! :D

thetrin

Yesterday I joined a custom game my cousin was playing on with her boyfriend, and the map was an enclosed box with bridges and such everywhere, but the gravity constantly and subtly changed as we played.

Any idea what the map is called?

Smokey

Non slayer FFA needs its own playlist for real. Tired of playing lame ass Infection/Safe Heavens and Oddball/Headhunter hardly get picked anyway. Separate slayer and non-slayer FFA into 2 lists plz.

GhaleonEB

neoism said:

You can thank Squicken for talking me into putting a sniper rifle on each side of the map. I'd put a Focus Rifle down, but apparently no one likes that. So I bit the bullet and put a sniper on my ginormous map. It spawns on the draw bridge next to each base, directly under the catwalk with the man cannon on it. (Only eight rounds though, suck it. :p)

What I'd like to do for customs is a quick Slayer match to get people familiar with the layout, and if that's not a disaster do a CTF game proper. And yup, I'll have it ready. Only spawns and objective items left. :D

(I'm debating about adding a Gravity Hammer to each side. It might actually be overpowered against vehicles on this map, but it would also be hilarious.)
bobs99 ... said:

But you know what looking at your spoiler made me laugh. As much as I love Ghals maps, I never like the lack of precision weapons he goes with. That map looks a little too open to put Snipers on it, but one Sniper placed between the two man cannons would be such a good power weapon while still being in a vulnerable spot. It would make for an interesting battle at the start of the game at the very least. :lol.
I've also worked up five load outs that all start with either the DMR or the Nerfle. I figured, I made a huge map, I need to suck it up and put the proper weapons on it. :lol

The rocket launchers spawn out near center. They're positioned so the teams racing for their own are in sight of each other, across the center gulf.

Much of the layout is surprisingly compartmentalized. The views down the (flat) roads are obviously wide open, but I tried to put enough tall cover around such that approaching the bases on foot is quite doable. I ran different routes today on foot with a stop watch, and they varied between 50 and 38 seconds, depending on the route and if I used Sprint or not. So I think it's a traversable distance. But we'll see!

Alright last time I post about this I swear.

I'm giving away the Legendary edition stuff, the box the novel the statue, misc crap, everything besides the codes and the actual game.

If you're interested send a PM.

Drawing on Sunday.

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
You can thank Squicken for talking me into putting a sniper rifle on each side of the map. I'd put a Focus Rifle down, but apparently no one likes that. So I bit the bullet and put a sniper on my ginormous map. It spawns on the draw bridge next to each base, directly under the catwalk with the man cannon on it. (Only eight rounds though, suck it. :p)

What I'd like to do for customs is a quick Slayer match to get people familiar with the layout, and if that's not a disaster do a CTF game proper. And yup, I'll have it ready. Only spawns and objective items left. :D

(I'm debating about adding a Gravity Hammer to each side. It might actually be overpowered against vehicles on this map, but it would also be hilarious.)

I've also worked up five load outs that all start with either the DMR or the Nerfle. I figured, I made a huge map, I need to suck it up and put the proper weapons on it. :lol

The rocket launchers spawn out near center. They're positioned so the teams racing for their own are in sight of each other, across the center gulf.

Much of the layout is surprisingly compartmentalized. The views down the (flat) roads are obviously wide open, but I tried to put enough tall cover around such that approaching the bases on foot is quite doable. I ran different routes today on foot with a stop watch, and they varied between 50 and 38 seconds, depending on the route and if I used Sprint or not. So I think it's a traversable distance. But we'll see!
Put the hammer on the middle-edge ramps!!! SO FUNNY :lol (you know which ramps!)

neoism

Sir Fragula said:
The more I use Reach's game voting mechanism, the more I'm convinced Democracy doesn't work.
I don't know... I noticed in BTB, I would quickly vote for something I'd want to play( basically anything with Hemorrhage) :lol But it works most of the time If I'm first to vote my 1 quickly becomes 7 or 8.... Hemorrhage :D.;p

What's the deal with everyone else getting booted and instant game over whenever host migration occurs? I've got a high speed connection and full bars and I never have problems in other games. It doesn't happen often, but it happens enough to be annoying.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GillianSeed79 said:
What's the deal with everyone else getting booted and instant game over whenever host migration occurs? I've got a high speed connection and full bars and I never have problems in other games. It doesn't happen often, but it happens enough to be annoying.

Instant game over and everyone else being booted but you is actually you lagging out of the game. You'll find the other players still playing the game that you got kicked out of.

Usually this is due to the internet connection dropping on your end but occasionally can happen due to other causes.

neoism

GhaleonEB said:
:D perfect

Dani said:
Instant game over and everyone else being booted but you is actually you lagging out of the game. You'll find the other players still playing the game that you got kicked out of.

Usually this is due to the internet connection dropping on your end but occasionally can happen due to other causes.

That doesn't count as a quit I hope. I'll have to check my wireless set up. Cat probably knocked my router of the desk again.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GillianSeed79 said:
That doesn't count as a quit I hope. I'll have to check my wireless set up. Cat probably knocked my router of the desk again.

It does count as a quit. My net connection does this daily at random times and makes me very aware of the issue. =\

Lazslo

So I'm not going out tonight because I'm trying to save up some doh- so if anyone is up for Friday Night Customs tonight- lets do it. I'll be on in 15-20 minutes, if you want in-join my party.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
neoism said:

Everyone spawns with one. Don't you know Ghaleon by now?

Veelk

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'd put a Focus Rifle down, but apparently no one likes that.

I've heard a lot of people say that the Focus Rifle is useless, but in my (admittedly limited) experience with it, it seems fine, it's just that the map it's on, Powerhouse, has way too much cover for it to be used efficiently. If it were on Hemorrhage or Boardwalk, I could see it getting a decent amount of kills, where there is a lot more open space. Anyone else just feel this weapons has been misplaced?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I just played against some recruits in multi-team SWAT (ugh) and they were talking about how they got banned for credit boosting or something. Both had around 38% commendations complete so I guess bungie just sent them all the way back to rank one and stripped their cR.

Here's one.

Why couldn't urk post the full list of bugs and minor tweaks in the update?

I was kind of hoping that would be in there along with the playlist changes.

Neuromancer said:
BOOOOOOOOO

I was kind of bummed by that also...

On the last mission on my solo legendary run. Got Tank Beats Everything without actually trying. Completely forgot about it.

Can't say enough good things about this game's campaign. By far Bungie's best ever.

My 17 game daily challenge didn't credit me. Kinda frustrating, since that was time consuming.

Who am I kidding? I would have played that much anyways

ElRenoRaven

Neuromancer said:
BOOOOOOOOO

I'm with you. After awhile the amount of credits you get go down. Hell since I firefight a lot I am now lucky to get about 1k per round of Gruntpocalypse. Seems pretty fair to me.

zewone

BlueScrote said:
My 17 game daily challenge didn't credit me. Kinda frustrating, since that was time consuming.

Who am I kidding? I would have played that much anyways
You get the money, but you don't see it on the end game result screen like you normally would with other challenges.

PsychoRaven said:
I'm with you. After awhile the amount of credits you get go down. Hell since I firefight a lot I am now lucky to get about 1k per round of Gruntpocalypse. Seems pretty fair to me.

Considering that each Gruntpocalypse takes around 10 minutes, that's about 1K for every 10 minutes.

Meaning 6,000 every hour. Since most ranks require 25,000+ Credits, that is still about 4 hours of work. Why is Bungie making it even longer to rank up? Especially if those leaked ranks are believed to be true, it'd be asinine to accumulate 20 million credits at an even slower pace.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
Oh god you just reminded me that I need to find a film of VHfive and I playing Arena and us totally donging on kids. :D

Do it! Btw, I was trying to join you two earlier, but you were doing doubles, so I decided not to, I did message you though.

Sai-kun

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Do it! Btw, I was trying to join you two earlier, but you were doing doubles, so I decided not to, I did message you though.

Yeah sorry, we did some objective and I thought I invited ya but I think you were in a game at that point. Sorry for not responding. I hate sending voice messages and I didn't have my chatpad next to me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
Yeah sorry, we did some objective and I thought I invited ya but I think you were in a game at that point. Sorry for not responding. I hate sending voice messages and I didn't have my chatpad next to me.

No worries, I figured you were busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom