• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dug

Banned
This is so great, so many people complaining about getting banned for cheating on b.net

Mostly all of them saying how innocent they are, and then Ferrex says how many times they reseted a challenge :lol

zero margin said:
Kinda sad when you've done the 17 games played challenge 3 games ago and STILL need 5 more assists to get that challenge.

I got the assist challenge with like 4 games to go out of that 17. The Pistol is an assist magnet.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Net_Wrecker said:
I got the assist challenge with like 4 games to go out of that 17. The Pistol is an assist magnet.

I'm sure it could be done if all of the games weren't SWAT, SWAT, snipers, slayer, SWAT, SWAT, etc. If I went to BTB or something and just hung back and shot at people it'd probably go quick.

Alucrid

Banned
DancingJesus said:
At the current rate of credits being dispatched, it would take around four months of actual play time to acquire 20 million credits.

No joke...

Sadly I don't play enough because I get bored. I usually log on, do the challenges, play another game or two then get off.

Wedge7

Dug said:
This is so great, so many people complaining about getting banned for cheating on b.net

Mostly all of them saying how innocent they are, and then Ferrex says how many times they reseted a challenge :lol

Yea, hilarious.

The best part as you said is the numerous people screaming innocence, and then the bungie mod coming into the thread and stating exacly why they got banned.

Just to clarify to everyone, they have stated that the oni target glitch/tons of gruntapocalypse is perfectly fine, its the people who reset the challenges over and over again who got banned.

"I got eight max onyx's and got resetted? *sigh* "

"The Onyx commendations are cool. Still working on mine!

However, the 25+ credit syncs for 1500 between 9/28/2010 3:33:03 PM and 9/28/2010 3:48:13 PM, not so much. :("

zero margin said:
I'm sure it could be done if all of the games weren't SWAT, SWAT, snipers, slayer, SWAT, SWAT, etc. If I went to BTB or something and just hung back and shot at people it'd probably go quick.

You won't find much of a difference in BTB. It's just SWAT, and Snipers on larger maps. I'm dying for some Big Team games, but I just can't subject myself to sit through another SWAT match. This playlist update can't come out soon enough.

Also, Oddball Dropshield camping is at an all time high. Literally EVERY match of Oddball I've played this week has had someone from both teams doing it, and it's getting more annoying by the second. The moment they remove that thing is the moment Team Objective becomes the undisputed best list in Reach, especially with Score Attack being toned down.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I love people who've still yet to figure out that armor lock > vehicles. I just had a game where I annihilated this guy in his ghost multiple times. My favorite instance was when he tried to splatter me, and I flipped his ghost since he wasn't going very fast — but then, he immediately turned around and tried to hit me again, but this time my AL destroyed him.

I only use armor lock in games with vehicles, but man, that's one of the most satisfying feelings in Reach. They never knew what him 'em!

I am reporting in at 4:33am from the lock-in I am at. 40 halo players. Split 50/50 between players who can play well and the really casual players. Downloaded a load of forge variants but sadly haven't been able to test them all.

College has left me personally unwilling to play Reach.

4 player splitscreen is an absolute joke. Upon getting up the ramp of the base in Hemorrhage, the sniper should NOT appear as 3 basic shapes. The drawing distances of vehicles/players is crazy... Totally ruined any game I played. It's quite possibly the most shocking thing I had witnessed.

Crazy offline Firefight bugs tonight too. Zeouterlimits and his gf want to play Firefight on Corvette. They spawn as elites with jetpacks and every single kill counted as a betrayal... Those settings could then not be changed.

Single player Halo Reach is the only way to go :/

Dug

Banned
Found another good one,
Im legit and i got reset wow. Post if you did to. im returning my game to gamestop and i know many other poeple that are to. Im never buying halo ever again and am encourgaing stop purchasing halo because people like me get reset for playing the game right. WHAT A JOKE
Your syncs from 9/27/2010 4:49:35 to 9/27/2010 5:33:00 disagree.

Sai-kun

Banned
iBOOST Dbl Exp

All i have to say is this is an outrage. I have done nothing. played legit and spent my free time out this incredibly below par game. What do i get for this credit banned reset and sent on my way. What did bungie get from us over 200 million dollars on the first day this is ridicules. I demand my credits, armor, and rank back. You have my money bungie isnt that all that matters its a damn video game get over your selves. If you put score attack as a playlist what cant i play it. You can max out your credits in 60 games. 60 thats it not like thats alot. lower the credit rate or its gonna happen. OR better yet fix the rank system put the number rank back in and let the problem solve its self. I want my credits or my money back or i will start a huge boycott of reach. i know people who run some pretty big tech forums. Wouldnt you just hate if all of them were against you.

shit this guy's on neogaf :lol He's Evilore's bff!

Also lol @ gamertag.

ElRenoRaven

I just love this sticky post.

Good evening,

We are in the process of applying credit resets to approximately 15,000 users who we have identified as the most egregious Challenge Reset abusers.

A one day credit earning ban has also been applied, mostly to ensure that recipients receive an in-game notification of the action taken.

As with any such measure, we have taken the time to carefully select our criteria to eliminate false positives.

A more comprehensive pass will be occuring in the coming week as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof. If you are thinking about getting an easy 50k credits by using this exploit, I would strongly advise you to reconsider.

Thank you, and please direct any discussion of these resets to this thread.

Edit: a point of clarification. No bans were handed out tonight for

a) Playing too much Gruntpocalypse (no such thing!)
b) Using the target locator too much (no such thing!)

Specifically, we targeted an exploit that allowed players to complete a Challenge 20+ times via itentional network manipulation (i.e., disconnects.)

Spot checks have revealed the telltale signature of this behavior on every denier so far, so don't be fooled by the protests of innocence. We aren't.

Oh and he updated.

Hello again,

An update:

1) If you have lost your Legendary Helmet or any other downloadable offers, you can re-download them via your Download History. We're not sure this is affecting anyone (we haven't reproduced it internally), but just in case it is, give this a try.

2) We won't be resetting Commendations, as we do not feel that the exploit used affected them. It would not be fair to people who did use the exploit but who wish to retain the record of their playstyle, and we cannot differentiate between the two systematically. Sorry.

We are still investigating reports of mistaken bans, and will continue to do so into the evening. We have not discovered any false positives yet, though.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
The target locator check point trick should be credit bannable, If it already isnt.

They say using the target locator too much isnt so i assume it may not be.

ElRenoRaven

Metalic Sand said:
The target locator check point trick should be credit bannable, If it already isnt.

Nope it isn't.

Also I can't stop laughing at this reply by him.

Hello,

We feel that it is important to maintain the integrity of systems that players use to compare their level of advancement and accomplishment in game. We are not always able to do so, but in this case, we are.

And so, we are.

Also, the paddywagon will be around shortly. The more you struggle, the more they'll just beat you. (And to be honest, there'll be a little beating regardless, just so you know.)

Sai-kun

Banned
Metalic Sand said:

Why? It's cheap sure, but you're only making the game un-fun (i assume) for yourself. :/ I did it for like 5 minutes and I was bored out of my mind.

Alucrid

Banned
Metalic Sand said:

It's not, and it's really not all that special. The most points you get is from Commendations which end pretty quickly...after that it's like 14 cR each time which isn't worth it.

GhaleonEB

I love how for each of those guys lamenting their unjust ban (my favorite, "i never challenge reset and havnt credit farmed in awhile...") there's Ferrex rocking the data. "You had XXX syncs between this moment and this moment on this date farming this much cR". SO GOOD.

So many tears. I'm stuffed. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
Why? It's cheap sure, but you're only making the game un-fun (i assume) for yourself. :/ I did it for like 5 minutes and I was bored out of my mind.

They also dropped how much it gives, it isn't worth the time investment.

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
I am reporting in at 4:33am from the lock-in I am at. 40 halo players. Split 50/50 between players who can play well and the really casual players. Downloaded a load of forge variants but sadly haven't been able to test them all.

College has left me personally unwilling to play Reach.

4 player splitscreen is an absolute joke. Upon getting up the ramp of the base in Hemorrhage, the sniper should NOT appear as 3 basic shapes. The drawing distances of vehicles/players is crazy... Totally ruined any game I played. It's quite possibly the most shocking thing I had witnessed.

Crazy offline Firefight bugs tonight too. Zeouterlimits and his gf want to play Firefight on Corvette. They spawn as elites with jetpacks and every single kill counted as a betrayal... Those settings could then not be changed.

Single player Halo Reach is the only way to go :/

In the year 2010, playing split screen on any game is a joke.

Kujo

Yay, just reached (lolololol) Lt Colonel. Never used that Target Locator glitch though

Oh and BTB SWAT on Countdown is complete shit

Net_Wrecker said:
You won't find much of a difference in BTB. It's just SWAT, and Snipers on larger maps. I'm dying for some Big Team games, but I just can't subject myself to sit through another SWAT match. This playlist update can't come out soon enough.

Also, Oddball Dropshield camping is at an all time high. Literally EVERY match of Oddball I've played this week has had someone from both teams doing it, and it's getting more annoying by the second. The moment they remove that thing is the moment Team Objective becomes the undisputed best list in Reach, especially with Score Attack being toned down.

Just tried one BTB, got classic BTB which I thought was cool then the shit went down..right as game starts two of my teammates quit and after that it was just a decimation. The other team got all the vehicles and it was over. Speaking of, there are far too many vehicles on these maps or there just aren't enough weapons to destroy them with. Maybe that's it.

Anyway, you were right, I went back to team slayer (quit at the beginning of the next three games, two SWAT and one sniper on hemo. NO THANKS) and used the pistol in a regular slayer game. Assist challenge done.

Metalic Sand said:

It's really slow actually, you don't get hardly anything for credits and really all it's good for is maxing out a few commendations.

GhaleonEB

A few questions for Forgers.

Does anyone know what the Respawn Zone, Weak and Respawn Zone, Anti do?

I think the plain old Respawn Zone will assign all Neutral Spawns to the Team assigned to the Respawn Zone, correct?

Edit: the required objects guide covers Respawn Zone, Anti. Not sure about the other, though.

Repgnar

Ferrex is fucking awesome in those posts. OP comes in with innocence bullshit and before Ferrex even posts the b.net users are just lulling at the guy. One guy keeps posting in all the threads saying he only did it one day so he shouldn't have been banned, lol. The whole 'can't determine who wants to keep their record of commendations' is epic too, since those methods are legit in the eyes of bungie they can't even use em anymore to get back up to everyone else.

Ramirez said:
TV's are large enough these days that it should be playable :p Plus we have 40 players here playing at one time, that really strains the player to tv ratio.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
For anyone looking to get "The Love of the Game" in these last few hours, just play Rumble Pit. I assure you that at least ten of the games that you'll play will be Infection or Safe Havens, and they only last about four minutes each.

I used to really like Infection, but I just can't stand it anymore. Why is it the only thing people vote for in Rumble Pit?!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hydranockz said:
TV's are large enough these days that it should be playable :p Plus we have 40 players here playing at one time, that really strains the player to tv ratio.

I think he means most games don't even bother to even have splitscreen as an option anymore. It's dying out, sadly.

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
With the strains it has on performance, I can see why :/
Two player runs great, both campaign and MP. I can see the differences and compromises they made, but I'd rather have them than not be able to play co-op with my daughter, for instance. I'm so glad Bungie is still doing spitscreen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
A few questions for Forgers.

Does anyone know what the Respawn Zone, Weak and Respawn Zone, Anti do?

I think the plain old Respawn Zone will assign all Neutral Spawns to the Team assigned to the Respawn Zone, correct?

Edit: the required objects guide covers Respawn Zone, Anti. Not sure about the other, though.

I asked the same in the old thread. I'd also like to know exactly what these are.

GhaleonEB said:
Two player runs great, both campaign and MP. I can see the differences and compromises they made, but I'd rather have them than not be able to play co-op with my daughter, for instance. I'm so glad Bungie is still doing spitscreen.

Yeah. LOD models pop in super early in splitscreen, and the lack of AA is terrible, but other than that it's pretty smooth and plays fine. Some of the sounds are completely missing from splitscreen, though...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ramirez said:

The hell with that nonsense. Halo is one of the last games that doesn't sell short multiplayer options that actually benefit the longevity and flexibility of the game in favor of taking the easy way out and pushing the Basic Xbox Live Functionality Button (tm) and shipping it.

Most people will never get four televisions and four 360s in the same room to take a squad online, much less 8 displays/consoles (or 16, ha) for a LAN party. No matter what the Lonely Geek generation thinks, nothing will ever compete with multiple players in the same physical space. Being able to take a local group online as a team is the best of both worlds.

I'm willing to stake the claim that much of Halo's enduring popularity is based on how well it facilitates group play both on and offline.

SpacLock

I liked the one with the kid who told Bungie to call his parents to prove that he plays the game legitimately nonstop. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom