• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
I asked the same in the old thread. I'd also like to know exactly what these are.
Found it. They're spawn influencers.

JonnyOThan said:
"weak" just means that it's less powerful. A normal respawn zone is powerful enough to force someone to spawn at points inside it no matter what - even if there are dead teammates or enemies nearby. A weak one is only about as powerful as having a teammate standing nearby the respawn point. "Anti" zones have the same weights but negative. If you cover respawn points with weak anti zones, then players will usually not spawn there unless all the other available points have something bad going on near them.

Here's what this means in practical terms:
Suppose you have two neutral respawn points and one player about to spawn, with no other players in the game. The player will randomly spawn at either point.

Now if you put a respawn zone* OR a weak respawn zone over one of the respawn points, the player will always spawn at that point.

Now suppose an enemy was also standing nearby the respawn point that you covered with a respawn zone. If you had placed a "strong" respawn zone then the player will still spawn there. If it was a "weak" respawn zone then the player will spawn at the uncovered point.

*NOTE: the respawn zone must apply to that player's team. That means it's either neutral (applies to all players) or it is the same as that player's team.
This is good, because as I was working on spawns I was bucketing them into prioritization: primary spawns in and around the base, and "bail out" spawns, where a team would spawn a bit further from their base if it was getting mobbed by the other team. I can use the "Weak" spawns so the system tries to treat them that way.

Looks like Jonny has been going through Required Objects Guide thread he made replying to questions. I'll link this post in the OP (Forge section) and mine the rest tomorrow for other goodies.

Ramirez said:
In the year 2010, playing split screen on any game is a joke.

Girlfriend's staying over for a week, and didn't want to haul her 360 over to my house. We've been playing split-screen. Shut up. :lol

Drakken

SWAT on Reflection is so awesome.

EDIT: 15 team games tonight, and we got people who actually talked on like 2 of them. :-/

Good games guys, all of today's challenges done, first silver competitive commendation and my longest win streak yet at 12 as well. :D Good times!

In that last game I realised I'd rewired my left and right speakers the wrong way at the start of the night after moving my bass, did pretty well considering :lol

Drakken said:
SWAT on Reflection is so awesome.

op1smo.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Awesome, thanks Ghaleon. That stuff is essential to creating a map where blocking spawns is possible.

Also, MLG has updated and released gametypes 1.1. The default Bungie made Asylum has been replaced by a superior and more accurate remake of Sanctuary. I believe spawns have been tweaked on some maps and soft kill zones have also been tweaked. I've been playing the new Sanctuary instead of Asylum and I do like it a lot better.

Hi HaloGaf, sorry that I'm off topic, but I got word a few hours ago that my grandfather's immune system collapsed earlier today (technically yesterday) and his White Blood Cell count is ~1% of normal, he's not responding to medication, and he might not make it. I'm going to visit him tomorrow (today) in the hospital, and it might be the last time I ever see him alive :(

Thagomizer said:
Hi HaloGaf, sorry that I'm off topic, but I got word a few hours ago that my grandfather's immune system collapsed earlier today (technically yesterday) and his White Blood Cell count is ~1% of normal, he's not responding to medication, and he might not make it. I'm going to visit him tomorrow (today) in the hospital, and it might be the last time I ever see him alive :(
That sucks dude. =(

SuperBonk

Just finished my solo legendary run. The only thing that really frustrated me were the Hunter battles. Not only were they difficult, they just weren't fun. Halo 1's Hunters continue to be the best.

Other then that, it was a great ride. Elites are great enemies to fight and Brutes were surprisingly fun as well. My favorite were the vehicle sections though. The difficulty really forced me to plan my attack carefully and methodically.

Now I'm playing it on Normal and going through enemies like a fucking tank. It feels pretty good.

SuperBonk said:
Halo 1's Hunters continue to be the best.

...Huh? Halo 1 Hunters were a joke. Besides individual Infection forms, they were literally the least threatening enemy in the game when they were supposed to cause you to shit your pants whenever they appeared.

Tashi0106 said:
Awesome, thanks Ghaleon. That stuff is essential to creating a map where blocking spawns is possible.

Also, MLG has updated and released gametypes 1.1. The default Bungie made Asylum has been replaced by a superior and more accurate remake of Sanctuary. I believe spawns have been tweaked on some maps and soft kill zones have also been tweaked. I've been playing the new Sanctuary instead of Asylum and I do like it a lot better.

Yea that new Aslyum with no grass? That thing is way better I saw it last night on someones stream.

Also Headhunter in Multi Team is complete ass by the time you manage to pick a skull up you're already getting fucked in the ass by 2 or 3 AR's and five nades...Multi-Team actually probably needs less teams to be honest, but objective's in multi-team that aren't slayer objectives is just stupid...I mean VIP was fine in H3 but nething else is pretty random and stupid to me.

SuperBonk

Thagomizer said:
...Huh? Halo 1 Hunters were a joke. Besides individual Infection forms, they were literally the lest threatening enemy in the game when they were supposed to cause you to shit your pants whenever they appeared.
Yes, but they showed up while you were fighting several enemies, making the scenario fairly challenging. I don't know, I just don't like an enemy that I can't kill from the front.

Sorry to hear about your father. Hope he gets well, but if not, make your last moments with him count.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I keep getting matched with people way above my level today. This whole week I felt like I was starting to get decent, but a couple games against people who have played over 600matches brought me back to reality. I wonder why the fuck I even try to compete with people who have way more time to invest in the game. I am hooked, the game is great, I should have been at a reunion 3 hours ago, but I cannot put down the damn controller until I end in a positive k/d for tonight. Good job Bungie, you guys outdid yourselves, but FML.

Jex

SuperBonk said:
Halo 1's Hunters continue to be the best.
Whhhhhhaaa? Halo 1 hunters were a living joke, they were incredibly easy too kill on every difficulty level. Just stroll behind them and shoot them a couple of times with a pistol. It's no wonder they had to keep revising them.

Ecotic

Replaying solo campaign on Legendary with ALL of the increased difficulty skulls is one of the greatest single-player experiences I've ever had. Elites can withstand 4 grenades and multiple shotgun blasts and it's so awesome. If you can't assassinate them, then a direct engagement is so challenging and fun.

Anyone have a good run down on the target locator farming?

I better hop to it while it's still grudgingly condoned by Bungie, plus I'm on the 66K grind towards Captain and can use all the help I can get.

RetroMG

Ok, Long Night of Solace on Legendary is impossible. I have spent about five hours on it today and I simply cannot get through. I got to the last section earlier today with the squad of Elites but I simply kept dying over and over. I restarted to try and save some better weapons for that section, but now I can't even get that far.

Anyone have any advice? Everyone says Plasma Pistol to drop Elite shields but I can't seem to get the shots off fast enough, or switch to DMR/Needle Rifle fast enough to get the kill.

Anyway, going to bed now, going to try it fresh in the morning.

godhandiscen

BTW, what am I supposed to do when 2 of my teammates quit because our opponents are way way more skilled than us? I quit, I just hope I don't get penalized.

Neuromancer said:
Anyone have a good run down on the target locator farming?

I better hop to it while it's still grudgingly condoned by Bungie.

grab target locator, fire at enemies, hit checkpoint right before you kill anything, revert to last save, revert to last save, revert to last save.

ElRenoRaven

God I can't take it. The tears are so tasty. I am loving reading Bungie.net. The cheating children even made a petition asking for everything back cause it was unfair. Course the petition has random names filling it up with the same simple comment.

So a weird things keeps happening when I finish the campaign.

Do Not Read if you have not finished the campaign. MAJOR SPOILER...

When I finish the game the ending begins. It gets to the part where the MC easter egg is and then it ends. I see the pillar of Autumn leave reach and it puts me back to the menu. I have to manually start "Lone Wolf" to finish the game. The weird part is I never see the Halo 1 Pillar of Autumn scene with the credits ending the game. I youtubed it so that is the only way I know about it. I finished the game in co-op and solo legendary, very weird.

zlatko

Banned
godhandiscen said:
BTW, what am I supposed to do when 2 of my teammates quit because our opponents are way way more skilled than us? I quit, I just hope I don't get penalized.

The game does a crap job if any of finding similar skilled opponents. I hop on to have fun and when I am getting destroyed as well as the rest of my team I bail. Sorry to my team mates who stay for the continued onslaught, but if I wanted to induce pain on myself I'd punch my nuts till they burst open. I will generally bail if the score is like 40+ other team and we are still 15-20 area. It's just not worth it to hang around to me.

ElRenoRaven

jhferry said:

When I finish the game the ending begins. It gets to the part where the MC easter egg is and then it ends. I see the pillar of Autumn leave reach and it puts me back to the menu. I have to manually start "Lone Wolf" to finish the game. The weird part is I never see the Halo 1 Pillar of Autumn scene with the credits ending the game. I youtubed it so that is the only way I know about it. I finished the game in co-op and solo legendary, very weird.

If you have campaign scoring on it will. Turn that off and you'll be able to watch the credits and do the other part.

jhferry said:

Do you have scoring on? The game ends at the end of each level instead of loading the next bit when scoring is on.

Trickster

zlatko said:
The game does a crap job if any of finding similar skilled opponents. I hop on to have fun and when I am getting destroyed as well as the rest of my team I bail. Sorry to my team mates who stay for the continued onslaught, but if I wanted to induce pain on myself I'd punch my nuts till they burst open. I will generally bail if the score is like 40+ other team and we are still 15-20 area. It's just not worth it to hang around to me.

If your team is getting beaten that badly, then there's probably not more than a minute left of the match anyway. So why not just stay?

godhandiscen

zlatko said:
Yeah... -19 for tonight. Hopefully I can still catch my friends.

Sean P.

Holy crap have all but 17 games daily challenge (at 15) and wasn't even trying, haha NICE.

Tashi you playing right now? I'd love to run some Arena with some other good players

LiK

zlatko said:

losing doesn't really hurt. you still get like 200-300+ cR for completing the match. and sometimes when a ton of guys drop on my team, i find it more fun cuz there's more to kill. i go nuts and it's more fun. ;)

ElRenoRaven

Sean P. said:
Holy crap have all but 17 games daily challenge (at 15) and wasn't even trying, haha

Yea I know what you mean. I was playing and never realized it till it said complete.

Also I would like to know what people are smoking. I heard Rumble Pit was usually voting nothing but Race or infection gametypes. I decided to try it for awhile. I got 1 infection, 1 headhunter, 1 oddball and the rest were Slayer pro cause dmrs and no radars is apparently so fun for so many.

godhandiscen

LiK said:
losing doesn't really hurt. you still get like 200-300+ cR for completing the match. and sometimes when a ton of guys drop on my team, i find it more fun cuz there's more to kill. i go nuts and it's more fun. ;)
The credits are meaningless to me. It would be cool if you could unlock stuff that helped your game strategy, but that would require a monumental amount of balance. I have never fallen for the cosmetic rewards in any game.

Either way, I only remember quitting twice today and I might have quit once before, so that's 3 times in 120+ matches. If I suddenly detect an abundance of quitting in my team, I guess I will move to some sort of individual playlist.

xxjuicesxx said:
So as long as we actually are using the controller we wont get banned for ONI target designating thingy?
Sounds like some people were using some kind of automator or something that did it for them, but yeah if you're just sitting there running through it like a normal person you're fine.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
So as long as we actually are using the controller we wont get banned for ONI target designating thingy?
Did it for about 23 minutes and got 6000+ credits. Probably should listen to something while doing it. As long as Bungie says it's okay, it's okay.

LiK

hmmm, just reading some previous comments about matchmaking. you guys are right about it not matching people with similar skill level. i actually got matched up with a lot of high ranking players today. i'm not sure why it was so messed up today (more players cuz it;s friday so server is wonky?) but when i played some other games earlier this week, it was matching up fine for me and i was having fun...until today.

Plywood said:
Did it for about 23 minutes and got 6000+ credits. Probably should listen to something while doing it. As long as Bungie says it's okay, it's okay.
Yeah it's fairly monotonous. Wish I had a little brother I could subjugate into helping me.

ElRenoRaven

xxjuicesxx said:

Yup you won't. The only ones banned for that are those using automated methods.

Shoogoo

Mr Solo Dolo said:
Can we have "Sniper" removed from team slayer aswell, xX5NIP3R69Xx and 0NE5H0T0N3KILL may like it but i'm getting sick of that shit.

This. Altough I think it's going to appear less often.

LiK

Plywood said:

could you explain what this is? so many pages to go through, i wanna know this tip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom