• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumphry

Banned
Sean said:
Storm's Comin' - 750cR
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Mythic and Thunderstorm on.

Yeah, not going to add those to my current Legendary playthrough. Already dreading TP and PoA.

Eh, let's spruce it up:

Posted by: xNinJa SluGx
im jst goin do it again cause i can if those idiots at bungie cant make a game properly then why the hell not it didnt effet other players i never boosted in matching only custom firefighting so tbh this jst makes me want to more and mess the game up lets jst bring in some mods why not!!

2d0ysd2.jpg

JB1981

The story has me totally lost. I have no idea WTF is going on. I felt this way playing other Halo games too (actually Halo 2 was much better in this regard) so it's not a big surprise, but it would be nice to be able to follow the story.

Photolysis said:
Eh, the thing I dislike more than the nerfed pro pipe is that weapons didn't get tested, and so aren't balanced properly. How did Sage think the Concussion Rifle was a good weapon when it does fuck all damage and sends enemies flying (or in MP, just does fuck all damage)?

It's actually quite unbalanced, because the AI can use it effectively (mostly because it doesn't have the insane knockback when used on the player), but when the player tries to use it, it's effectively useless. Even in multiplayer it's not that useful unless you can hit a guy whilst he's in a very enclosed space, like Countdown, and it's a very long time to kill as well.

The day Reach came out, I totally hit a stationary Warthog with a Concussion Rifle into an enemy player and got a splatter for it :lol

Mad Max

I'm in hiding again, btb snipers on boneyard... Seriously who the hell thought these playlists were a good idea? You could play for an entire evening and not get a single decent game if you're unlucky..

Kuroyume

Banned
Aliens invade planet

You fight aliens off planet.

They're too strong and planet is going to die.

End of the game you retrieve Cortana and transport her to a space ship holding Master Chief so that they can escape.

Halo: CE begins

It's actually kind of easy to follow compared to the other games...

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
Definitely not. The best, and most satisfying, aspect of the pro pipe was killing people head on at close range with the weapon. That aspect has been removed, and unless you're a sufficient distance away from your target, the grenade will simply, stupidly, bounce off your target.

It's not nearly as fun as it was in the Beta. I hope Bungie updates it to what it previously was.

Glad they took that aspect out, resulted in too many panic kills, which are lame. I've had some absolute sweet cross maps with the nade launcher, it's fine. If anything is wrong with it, the splash damage is a little weak, but I'll take that over it havin' Rockets type splash damage.

Wizpig

Alienshogun said:
You should have just done an infinite "classic" firefight if you want to be "real" about it.
We still have to do 1m.
We'll try that of course, but i doubt it's "doable".

I mean, it's going to take like 5 hours if you leave everything to default, and that doesn't make any sense.
But i want to try.

ODST (where everyone had to play legit, hint hint) hardest Firefight achievement was the fourth set on Heroic thingy: we did that, and played for 2 hours and a half.

It was satisfying, fun,
had no lag at all
and all that stuff.
I just think it was a lot better back then.
If you're going to cheese at all (which you did), you may as well do it right and go all out.
Yeah, well, i'll leave that to achievement whores who wanted to unlock all of the firefight achievement during the first week or something; it just wouldn't feel right to me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:
We still have to do 1m.
We'll try that of course, but i doubt it's "doable".

I mean, it's going to take like 5 hours if you leave everything to default, and that doesn't make any sense.
But i want to try.

ODST (where everyone had to play legit, hint hint) hardest Firefight achievement was the fourth set on Heroic thingy: we did that, and played for 2 hours and a half.

It was satisfying, fun,
had no lag at all
and all that stuff.
I just think it was a lot better back then.

Yeah, well, i'll leave that to achievement whores who wanted to unlock all of the firefight achievement during the first week or something; it just wouldn't feel right to me.

Yeah, well their "Par" for 1 set in score attack is 50k, so that should tell you something.

It's an absurd achievement, so many are doing "absurd" things to achieve it. You may want to do it "legit" but no one is going to care one way or the other.

Shoogoo

Are there any chances that you could - some day - be able to choose the exact game type you want? i.e. a playlist for each variation (oddball, 2 flag). I guess not since that never happened in previous Halo games. But why?

Never have I been so sick of playing Sniper.

fake edit : FFS! 1flag ctf on Countdown ....... what a stupid map for ctf jesus holy fucking christ *sigh*

I'm done for today after this one

Mad Max

Mad Max said:
I'm in hiding again, btb snipers on boneyard... Seriously who the hell thought these playlists were a good idea? You could play for an entire evening and not get a single decent game if you're unlucky..

And hiding on spire now, BTB swat.

Wizpig

zewone said:
whores, noobs, holier than thou.
zewone said:
I find Firefight boring myself. I'd rather not spend 2 hours (or 10) for those achievements.
If you hate Firefight, you could leave those achievements locked, you know.

I have friends that miss those achievements because they don't like ff.
I respect the fact that they didn't boost them just to - eventually - brag about a 1000/1000 or something.

That is all.
Alienshogun said:
It's an absurd achievement, so many are doing "absurd" things to achieve it. You may want to do it "legit" but no one is going to care one way or the other.
I think you are absolutely right, and that brings me to the point that i personally
(PERSONALLY, gaf!)
think that Firefight & its achievements in Reach are pretty much mediocre compared to ODST.

I liked the map-based achievements, for example.

Raiden

Banned
Huzzah, i finished the Legendary singple player ... solo, finally! Was not as hard as i had feared, last part was a pain in the ass though. I like it, now that i have played and finished them all i can rank them!

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Halo: reach
3. Halo 3
4. Halo 2
5. Modern Warfare 1
6. Modern Warfare 2
7 . ........
8 . ......
456. Halo: Odst
fuck that shit, seriously

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:

I respect the fact that they didn't boost them just to - eventually - brag about a 1000/1000 or something.

That is all.I think you are absolutely right, and that brings me to the point that i personally
(PERSONALLY, gaf!)
think that Firefight & its achievements in Reach are pretty much mediocre compared to ODST.

The only achievement to brag about in reach is Monument to all your sins. Because even you who seem to declare yourself a "purist" and obviously have a disdain for "achievement whores" yourself, cheesed the 200k achievement.

zewone

Wizpig said:

That is all.I think you are absolutely right, and that brings me to the point that i personally
(PERSONALLY, gaf!)

Or I could just unlock them with my friends like I did. I also have Vidmaster Endure achievement (w/ my Recon helmet), so it's not like I don't know what a Firefight grind entails.

geeko

I love the B.net forums right now :D

most common quote:

"F you Bungie, if I don't get my credits back I'm selling Reach and pre-ordering Black-Ops" :lol :lol

It's hilarious listening to all the people trying to justify their cheating.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
geeko420 said:

most common quote:

"F you Bungie, if I don't get my credits back I'm selling Reach and pre-ordering Black-Ops":lol :lol

Better still is the guy trying to get people together for a class action law suit. :lol

Dax01 said:
Definitely not. The best, and most satisfying, aspect of the pro pipe was killing people head on at close range with the weapon.
What? :lol

The best and most satisfying aspect was arcing shots at long distances, which still works. It's fine in multiplayer, kinda shitty in Campaign/FF.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shake Appeal said:
What? :lol

The best and most satisfying aspect was arcing shots at long distances, which still works. It's fine in multiplayer, kinda shitty in Campaign/FF.

It's awesome in campaign/FF too, just skip it off the ground infront of you at the enemy. It WRECKS jackels with its airburst. Skipping it off the ground infront of you also makes it a close range weapon.

Victrix

*beard*
lolskills said:
"lol we got banned for manipulating network arent we?
all right thats pretty cool, i didnt no that putting out my ethernet=manipulating my network. i thought that u have to use like hacking programs or stuff like that but wow i can manipulate my network. didnt know that ive got these skills -.-"

This, this is your fanbase

zumphry

Banned
geeko420 said:

most common quote:

"F you Bungie, if I don't get my credits back I'm selling Reach and pre-ordering Black-Ops" :lol :lol

Maybe Activision will reset their ranks in Black Ops, but charge them $15 if they want their rank and stuff back.

oh god i just gave them ideas for bungie's next game shiiiiiiiiit

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ZayneH said:
Maybe Activision will reset their ranks in Black Ops, but charge them $15 if they want their rank and stuff back.

oh god i just gave them ideas for bungie's next game shiiiiiiiiit

Pfft, everyone knows the full auto weapons are the best in CoD games, you can't pull awesome KDR with the DMR in CoD. What are you thinking!

2 shot deaths + full auto weapons = skillz.

Can someone explain (or point me to somewhere that does) how 'hitscan' weapons work, and how it works together with bloom?

If my crosshair is red, does that mean if I fire I am guaranteed a hit? If my crosshair is not red does that mean I am guaranteed not to hit them?

How does this interact with bloom?

I tried to find information on this, but am even unfamiliar with how hitscan worked in previous games.

X26

Banned
How does the armory completion % work, is it based off what you've unlocked or bought? I'm not all that high a rank and don't think I've bought all that much, yet am at 25%, seems too high given how many ranks are left to earn and what I assume would be more equipment unlocks

bubnbob

Banned
Finally got Captain... then I did the two challenges in firefight and my eyes went bugeyed at how quick the bar progressed to Grade 1

Feels good man. Its like you can see the finish line after Captain.

I don't get why you guys if other people boost. It's not like in CoD where they get extra weapons or anything, they just get aesthetic things that don't affect gameplay. If they want to waste their time not having fun then more power to them. The people that are automating the process are getting banned anyways so that doesn't matter.

Wizpig

zewone said:
Or I could just unlock them with my friends like I did. I also have Vidmaster Endure achievement (w/ my Recon helmet), so it's not like I don't know what a Firefight grind entails.
Well then, that's definitely better - i'm not saying everyone should get Endure before attempting the Reach FF achievements, but i still can't stand those who never gave a shit about FF and "cheesed", as you say, the Reach achievements just for "gamersc0arz".

I'm not trying to sound like a better FF player when i say this; i just think the customization options got too crazy, and since i don't even like Matchmaking Firefight, i liked the mode better back in ODST.
Alienshogun said:
The only achievement to brag about in reach is Monument to all your sins. Because even you who seem to declare yourself a "purist" and obviously have a disdain for "achievement whores" yourself, cheesed the 200k achievement.
You know that Gruntpocalypse is not the same thing as using a 3000% shield and infinite rocket launchers - but sure, i'll try to get the 200k (and 1m? yeah, right:lol ) again in Classic Firefight... and not because i'm a purist or an awesome Halo player, but simply because i think it could be a fun challenge to attempt legit. (just like the Endure one in ODST).

For the same reason i'll also go for Monument to all your sins.

And for the opposite reason i won't try some Halo Wars achievements i miss, because those are not fun.

The B.net forums are fucking crazy right now :lol

Alienshogun said:
It's awesome in campaign/FF too, just skip it off the ground infront of you at the enemy. It WRECKS jackels with its airburst. Skipping it off the ground infront of you also makes it a close range weapon.

Yeah, I keep trying to use it like the Demo's grenade launcher in Team Fortress 2 at close range. But you have to be a good 6 feet away from the person to have it explode when it hits them, rather than bounce off. :\

Wizpig said:
These are the achievements i miss. (yeah i don't want to kill Moas)

Why...?

Even more hilarious than the B.net crying was when ferrex owned the shit out of them. My favourite so far:

I haven't fricken reset my challenges once, just playing gruntpocalypse and doing the sword base

ferrex said:
28 syncs for 2500 between 9/26/2010 10:41:28 AM and 9/26/2010 11:16:30 AM. Pretty good for a morning of Gruntpocalypse.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49997926&postRepeater1-p=1

Sketch, please put some of these in the next weekly update :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Neuromancer said:
Why, what's going on?

2euiv02.jpg

Wizpig said:
You know that Gruntpocalypse is not the same thing as using a 3000% shield and infinite rocket launchers - but sure, i'll try to get the 200k (and 1m? yeah, right:lol ) again in Classic Firefight... and not because i'm a purist or an awesome Halo player, but simply because i think it could be a fun challenge to attempt legit. (just like the Endure one in ODST).

For the same reason i'll also go for Monument to all your sins.

And for the opposite reason i won't try some Halo Wars achievements i miss, because those are not fun.

The B.net forums are fucking crazy right now :lol

Cheesing is still cheesing, you justifying YOUR cheesing while bashing how others do/did it is hypocritical. You cheesed the achievement, that's a fact. You even died a lot doing it, which is pretty sad. That alone tells me you probably couldn't have done it on classic.

Hell one of your buddies even carried you with more than half of the achievement score alone.

Mik2121

Holy crap. The match I just had has to be one of the worst experiences I've ever had online in any single game ever.

4vs4 with the other team dominating us. About 2 minutes in and all my 3 teammates leave, so I'm stuck against a fucking team abusing the rocket launcher and shotguns on Reflection. I had to endure 8 fucking minutes of abuse (and even then I ended up 2nd in kill count) trying to hide around to let the time end (with the enemies finding me quite soon, yuck..). The enemies teabagging me, all the time fucking around with the rocket launchers and shotguns (oh and one guy on the top floor with sniper and with another guy guarding the elevator and two corridors with a shotgun and another sniper..).

I don't even know why am I still playing this game... (other than customs, obviously. Those are great). The whole situation where you are stuck with 1 teammate (or alone) against a full team is just fucking retarded.

edit - nevermind. This game only sucks (massively) when you are playing alone and not with a party. Then it's great. Hell, even alone is great when your team doesn't decide to fuck you and leave mid-game...

If only this game wasn't so addicting... :/

Popeck

BlueScrote said:
Can someone explain (or point me to somewhere that does) how 'hitscan' weapons work, and how it works together with bloom?

If my crosshair is red, does that mean if I fire I am guaranteed a hit? If my crosshair is not red does that mean I am guaranteed not to hit them?

How does this interact with bloom?

I tried to find information on this, but am even unfamiliar with how hitscan worked in previous games.
Hitscan means that the bullets travel instantaneously to their target. So, if your enemy fills your reticule, even the blooming one, you should hit your enemy. I'm not entirely sure about the networking side of things, but at least this model should be less disturbed by latency.

Something odd.

My Legendary Friends challenge is showing as completed on B.net(which it is. I completed it the day it went up), but..in Reach, it still gives me the description and everything.

Gonna do that "Storm's Comin'" challenge in co-op..probably on Legendary. Will that end up giving me Legendary Friends again? I don't really want it to, but if it does am I going to get in trouble or something? :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ajemsuhgao said:
Something odd.

My Legendary Friends challenge is showing as completed on B.net(which it is. I completed it the day it went up), but..in Reach, it still gives me the description and everything.

Gonna do that "Storm's Comin'" challenge in co-op..probably on Legendary. Will that end up giving me Legendary Friends again? I don't really want it to, but if it does am I going to get in trouble or something? :lol

I wouldn't touch that. Leave it un-done if you already did it.

Mik2121 said:
Holy crap. The match I just had has to be one of the worst experiences I've ever had online in any single game ever.

4vs4 with the other team dominating us. About 2 minutes in and all my 3 teammates leave, so I'm stuck against a fucking team abusing the rocket launcher and shotguns on Reflection. I had to endure 8 fucking minutes of abuse (and even then I ended up 2nd in kill count) trying to hide around to let the time end (with the enemies finding me quite soon, yuck..). The enemies teabagging me, all the time fucking around with the rocket launchers and shotguns (oh and one guy on the top floor with sniper and with another guy guarding the elevator and two corridors with a shotgun and another sniper..).

I don't even know why am I still playing this game... (other than customs, obviously. Those are great). The whole situation where you are stuck with 1 teammate (or alone) against a full team is just fucking retarded.

edit - nevermind. This game only sucks (massively) when you are playing alone and not with a party. Then it's great. Hell, even alone is great when your team doesn't decide to fuck you and leave mid-game...

If only this game wasn't so addicting... :/

I used to stick around when I was in that position because I too felt like it was the right thing to do, it's not. Just quit and find a new game, not worth the bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom