• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
X26 said:
How does the armory completion % work, is it based off what you've unlocked or bought? I'm not all that high a rank and don't think I've bought all that much, yet am at 25%, seems too high given how many ranks are left to earn and what I assume would be more equipment unlocks
My understanding it's based entirely off what you've unlocked, not what you've bought.

Wizpig

Alienshogun said:
Cheesing is still cheesing, you justifying YOUR cheesing while bashing how others do/did it is hypocritical. You cheesed the achievement, that's a fact. You even died a lot doing it, which is pretty sad. That alone tells me you probably couldn't have done it on classic.

Hell one of your buddies even carried you with more than half of the achievement score alone.
We were attempting the Game Set Match achievement; he didn't attempt it and that's why he's the one with most deaths but also most points by far.
Also, he may very well be the best player between us, did i ever say the opposite? what's your point here exactly? what's "sad"?

It was a 2 hours game on Legendary and grunts can one-shot you with fuel rods... we could die since our shields/health and weapons were default.

My argument here was that using infinite shields and stuff like that is sad; i don't want to do that, and using a mode created by Bungie - Gruntpocalypse, doesn't sound like cheating to me, (the sense of achievement when doing the no deaths thing was still there, it wasn't that easy) but feel free to browse my stats some more so that you can point the finger on me on GAF, man, i don't know what else to say.
Neuromancer said:
My understanding it's based entirely off what you've unlocked, not what you've bought.
It's what you have bought.
Ajemsuhgao said:
The poor things, etc.
I was joking.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:
We were attempting the Game Set Match achievement; he didn't attempt it and that's why he's the one with most deaths but also most points by far.
Also, he may very well be the best player between us, did i ever say the opposite? what's your point here exactly? what's "sad"?

It was a 2 hours game on Legendary and grunts can one-shot you with fuel rods... we could die since our shields/health and weapons were default.

My argument here was that using infinite shields and stuff like that is sad; i don't want to do that, and using a mode created by Bungie - Gruntpocalypse, doesn't sound like cheating to me, (the sense of achievement when doing the no deaths thing was still there, it wasn't that easy) but feel free to browse my stats some more so that you can point the finger on me on GAF, man, i don't know what else to say.It's what you have bought.

Gruntpocalypse is the easiest of the "legit" firefight modes, right next to sniperfight, you cheesed.

If you were so concerned with doing it without cheesing you would have done it in classic mode, which is exactly what you keep referring to by bringing up ODST, but you picked the easier mode.

Also, I'm well versed in Gruntpocalypse. I've farmed the hell out of it, I'm well aware of what it is, that's why I'm calling you out as a hypocrite about it.

What I'm calling "sad" is how poorly you played in the easiest mode, all while puffing yourself up as a legit player, while bashing those who "cheesed," even though you're just as bad in my opinion.

Welcome to the cheese club Pal!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
BlueScrote said:
Can someone explain (or point me to somewhere that does) how 'hitscan' weapons work, and how it works together with bloom?

If my crosshair is red, does that mean if I fire I am guaranteed a hit? If my crosshair is not red does that mean I am guaranteed not to hit them?

How does this interact with bloom?

I tried to find information on this, but am even unfamiliar with how hitscan worked in previous games.

If your crosshair is red, that means magnetism is in play, Not necessarily that you will hit them.

Hitscan is just the illusion that your bullets are actually flying through the air, when actually you can just imagine that your bullets travel at the speed of light. You don't have to lead your shots.

Last night I put two teleporters on either side of forge world and shot a tank at one teleporter, went through the one on my side and the bullet went right through me. It's because I wasn't there when it was shot. The bullet was already there the second I pulled the trigger, It was just delayed to provide the illusion of bullets flying through the air.

Wizpig said:

My argument here was that using infinite shields and stuff like that is sad; i don't want to do that, and using a mode created by Bungie - Gruntpocalypse, doesn't sound like cheating to me, (the sense of achievement when doing the no deaths thing was still there, it wasn't that easy) but feel free to browse my stats some more so that you can point the finger on me on GAF, man, i don't know what else to say.It's what you have bought.The poor things, etc.
I was joking.

By that logic Bungie also gave us the ability to make it infinite lives and increased damage. What is your point?

Mik2121

zero margin said:
I used to stick around when I was in that position because I too felt like it was the right thing to do, it's not. Just quit and find a new game, not worth the bullshit.
Yeah. How many times are you able to quit before you get the ban? I don't wanna get banned because I had to leave some crappy matches. Then again I usually only find one of these games once per day or even less, so I guess it should be ok?

BTW I also had an awesome game right now (funny enough, Slayer Pro again, and _AGAIN_, on Reflection). I guess I just can't quit this game :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I still wish I knew what the deal with Recon was too, I'd like to be able to use it without all the goofy antennas and extra armor.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:
feel free to browse my stats some more so that you can point the finger on me on GAF, man, i don't know what else to say.

Ok....

Holy crap wizpig, your tool of destruction across all competitive modes is melee? I didn't even think that was possible.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/default.aspx?player=Wiizpig&vc=3

You one of those sprint double melee guys?

:lol

I'm by no means good, but holy crap, seeing your "style" makes me feel less like bronze and more like onyx. :D

LAUGHTREY said:
I still wish I knew what the deal with Recon was too, I'd like to be able to use it without all the goofy antennas and extra armor.

The "hul" version comes much later, I thought I saw it requiring General, but I can't remember.

Wizpig

Alienshogun said:
Gruntpocalypse is the easiest of the "legit" firefight modes, right next to sniperfight, you cheesed.

If you were so concerned with doing it without cheesing you would have done it in classic mode, which is exactly what you keep referring to by bringing up ODST, but you picked the easier mode.

Also, I'm well versed in Gruntpocalypse. I've farmed the hell out of it, I'm well aware of what it is, that's why I'm calling you out as a hypocrite about it.

What I'm calling "sad" is how poorly you played in the easiest mode, all while puffing yourself up as a legit player, while bashing those who "cheesed," even though you're just as bad in my opinion.

Welcome to the cheese club Pal!
And i don't understand why you have to be an ass when saying these things, like i personally offended you in some way before.
What's the deal?

I'm still happier with those achievements unlocked in Gruntpocalypse instead of some crazy infinite shields custom.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:
And i don't understand why you have to be an ass when saying these things, like i personally offended you in some way before.
What's the deal?

I'm still happier with those achievements unlocked in Gruntpocalypse instead of some crazy infinite shields custom.

Because you were being a condescending prick in your posts about other people play styles, which you are no better than.

Metalic Sand said:
Honestly that is close to the same thing. Grunts on there are like having infinite sheilds on :lol

The only thing that may ever kill you is if you arent paying attention and a fuel rod grunt sneaks up on you.

Yep, everything else is a God damn Rip Taylor festival.

I mean FFS, they were on courtyard, possibly the easiest of ANY of the maps too.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Wizpig said:
\

Honestly that is close to the same thing. Grunts on there are like having infinite sheilds on :lol

The only thing that may ever kill you is if you arent paying attention and a fuel rod grunt sneaks up on you.

Mik2121 said:
Yeah. How many times are you able to quit before you get the ban? I don't wanna get banned because I had to leave some crappy matches. Then again I usually only find one of these games once per day or even less, so I guess it should be ok?

BTW I also had an awesome game right now (funny enough, Slayer Pro again, and _AGAIN_, on Reflection). I guess I just can't quit this game :(

I quit three games in a row last night and nothing happened. Literally three SWAT games in a row and I couldn't take it anymore. :lol

Mik2121

Oh come on.. it seemed like things were going smooth and now another game and two teammates leave.. Why the fuck would you leave just because we are losing for a bit?...

I just left out of absolute rage and then noticed another teammate was still around. Feel bad for him, but I've had way too much bullshit in this game today. I'll play again tomorrow (maybe).

Give me a playlist where people can join mid-game (I know this will never happen) and I will just stay around there. I just can't take this shit anymore. At least not today and not for a few days. Too bad because when this shit doesn't happen, this game is so awesome.

Anyone else come across this nasty bug in Forge?

I was editing my map earlier and noticed several of the floor pieces were misaligned - they're at different heights. Yet the game reports they're both at identical heights, and are identically orientated.

The other bug I've found is that sometimes stuff doesn't rotate properly. You might rotate something then come back later, and say rotate it around the Z axis. The orientation then resets and the game rotates it around the wrong axis, whilst changing the value for the "Z" axis.

Wizpig

Alienshogun said:
Because you were being a condescending prick in your posts about other people play styles, which you are no better than.
Play styles... i was talking about infinite shields and cheap achievements, not PLAY STYLES.

Being a prick about other people Play style would be laughing at a player because melee is their "tool of destruction".
If cheating an achievement is a "play style"... wow.

I never said i play better than some other guy out there or something like that, and i don't want to give that impression, since i play for fun.

And what i'm trying to say is that i didn't want to sound like a prick.
I did?
I didn't want to.
But you're still being one for no reason at all.

zumphry

Banned
I like cheezepuffs. They're so good.

Also I need to stop making joke gametypes, I wonder if Bungie is able to take away all of my stuff (or ability to make custom gametypes)..:lol

MrBig

Photolysis said:
Anyone else come across this nasty bug in Forge?

I was editing my map earlier and noticed several of the floor pieces were misaligned - they're at different heights. Yet the game reports they're both at identical heights, and are identically orientated.

The other bug I've found is that sometimes stuff doesn't rotate properly. You might rotate something then come back later, and say rotate it around the Z axis. The orientation then resets and the game rotates it around the wrong axis, whilst changing the value for the "Z" axis.
Yes, I've run into that quite a few times. You can just go to edit coordinates and it will fix itself.
I haven't tried it but I'd guess if you set your network to local it might not happen.

Chorazin

Without the "cheese" of custom invincible Firefight, my GF wouldn't have enjoyed decimating the Covenant for an hour and getting all the cheevos, which made her want to play with me through the campaign on Normal. She's never played and FPS before and now she loves Halo! :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:
Play styles... i was talking about infinite shields and cheap achievements, not PLAY STYLES.

Being a prick about other people Play style would be laughing at a player because melee is their "tool of destruction".
If cheating an achievement is a "play style"... wow.

I never said i play better than some other guy out there or something like that, and i don't want to give that impression, since i play for fun.

And what i'm trying to say is that i didn't want to sound like a prick.
I did?
I didn't want to.
But you're still being one for no reason at all.

You're right, none of this makes it sound like you think you're better than someone else.

Wizpig said:
I hate that B.net calls this 200k game "Custom Firefight" just because i put infinite sets in Gruntpocalypse (default is 1 set).

It sounds like we played with 3000% shields, infinite ammo etc. just like some noobs out there.

Again: I pretty much hate Reach's firefight options, and it was a more fun/balanced experience in ODST.

Wizpig said:
Yeah, well, i'll leave that to achievement whores who wanted to unlock all of the firefight achievement during the first week or something; it just wouldn't feel right to me.

Wizpig said:
Well then, that's definitely better - i'm not saying everyone should get Endure before attempting the Reach FF achievements, but i still can't stand those who never gave a shit about FF and "cheesed", as you say, the Reach achievements just for "gamersc0arz".

Anyway, I'm done addressing you. You should probably get back to playing Halo Reach: Karate edition.

MrBig said:
Yes, I've run into that quite a few times. You can just go to edit coordinates and it will fix itself.
I haven't tried it but I'd guess if you set your network to local it might not happen.

In this case, coordinate editing doesn't work.

I've discovered the cause of the first one anyway. It's when the game tries to help with object alignment. It changes the height but this isn't reported in the coordinates. For example it might shift something from 25.00 to 25.01, but the game will still report "25.0".

Nudging simply adds or subtracts 0.1 from this. It doesn't say "set the height to 25.0" it says "add 0.1 to the previous height". So if stuff becomes misaligned via this, you can't fix it by coordinate editing. You need to try and get the game to auto align it back.

_Bro

Banned
Alienshogun, I know you're trying to white knite the Reach Morale crowd but please stop. You're ruining my browsing of this thread.

MrBig

Photolysis said:
In this case, coordinate editing doesn't work.

I've discovered the cause of the first one anyway. It's when the game tries to help with object alignment. It changes the height but this isn't reported in the coordinates. For example it might shift something from 25.00 to 25.01, but the game will still report "25.0".

Nudging simply adds or subtracts 0.1 from this. It doesn't say "set the height to 25.0" it says "add 0.1 to the previous height". So if stuff becomes misaligned via this, you can't fix it by coordinate editing. You need to try and get the game to auto align it back.
Every time I've run into it I just hit b a x and it fixes itself. Don't need to change any values.

Wizpig

Alienshogun said:
You're right, none of this makes it sound like you think you're better than someone else.

Anyway, I'm done addressing you. You should probably get back to playing Halo Reach: Karate edition.
Easy mode (Choppers on ODST, Gruntpocalypse in Reach) is still different than changing health and shields and stuff like that.
It requires a different commitment in the game.
This is my point of view.

And no - nothing of that makes me sound like i was boasting... at least i hope.
I didn't want to sound like that, as i said.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
Was this a Kat reference to the way she says "Colonel Holland"?

They bring it up in the legendary commentary too, which I can no longer find on Waypoint.

I figured he was making a joke of it.

They also say she's Isreali military. That makes her even more hot! (The actress, not actual Kat)

Hootie

ZayneH said:
2d0ysd2.jpg
:lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
They bring it up in the legendary commentary too, which I can no longer find on Waypoint.

I figured he was making a joke of it.

They also say she's Isreali military. That makes her even more hot! (The actress, not actual Kat)
Oh yeah definitely, army chick does voice acting. Hhhhnngghhh, nice.

Ugh, the matchmaking and multi-player is so much more frustrating in Reach than in previous Halo games by far. I can't even play 5+ games a day anymore due to the amount of stuff that happens whether it be the usage of armor lock, or just the game-play feeling completely cheep or something like that. :/

I know I can't be the only one that feels this, though I'm like a part of the few people who thinks the sniper needs to go back to how it was in 3.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
Oh yeah definitely, army chick does voice acting. Hhhhnngghhh, nice.

Apparently this is her.

11skxhc.jpg

24gqh01.jpg

Everyone serves mandatory in Isreal, so it's not a real shocker she was military.

It just makes it more hot regardless. :D

_Bro

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Ugh, the matchmaking and multi-player is so much more frustrating in Reach than in previous Halo games by far. I can't even play 5+ games a day anymore due to the amount of stuff that happens whether it be the usage of armor lock, or just the game-play feeling completely cheep or something like that. :/

I know I can't be the only one that feels this, though I'm like a part of the few people who thinks the sniper needs to go back to how it was in 3.
What's the difference between the sniper in Reach and 3?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I totally used the robust customization features of firefight to get my firefight achievements, which I did not know at the time whether they would unlock armor or not, either way I am by no means an achievement whore, but Halo: Reach will be the first game I 1000/1000, only because the achievements were really easy to get. Besides I can't play firefight with other people on my 4gb 360.

Alienshogun said:
Apparently this is her.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/11skxhc.jpg

http://oi53.tinypic.com/24gqh01.jpg

Everyone serves mandatory in Isreal, so it's not a real shocker she was military.

It just makes it more hot regardless. :D
She's definitely attractive, but that second pic looks really weird, I think it's her eyes.

Tashi0106 said:
I'd say graphics arguments the the most boring.
I found that the rock textures in Winter Contigency were a definite hit and miss, overall they affected the scope and vistas of the game, it was also upsetting to see that the skybox was drab and boring providing an overall disappointing level graphically, as the ambient occlusi- blahblahblah

edit: @AlienShogun, Do you know how long people serve mandatory in Israel?

_Bro said:
What's the difference between the sniper in Reach and 3?

Reach has hit scan where as the bullet was an actual object in Halo 3, therefore it took time to travel, meaning you had to lead the target and so on, or something like that. The main point is that it is different though.

Mad Max

Mik2121 said:

If you quit every snipers/swat game you probably will get the ban. So you're better of just hiding on most maps while doing something else. (you'll still get like 400-500 points anyway)

vhfive

CrazedArabMan said:

You're not the only one.
I hate armor abilities. Jetpacks ruin the flow of a map,armor lock and bubble shield just slows the pace of the game down, and invis turns people into campers. The only ones I don't hate are sprint and hologram (but if everyone had one it would be annoying)

Raide

When are we starting up the Customs? Would like it if I can try one of my maps out and see what people think and some feedback suggestions. :D

OK guys, another Firefight variation incoming. I wanted to do something very different this time: Firefight Predator

5y81lf.jpg

Its a 1 set variation on Danger Room. Only this time, its the Covenant that should be running scared. Spartans in this mode of Firefight have the speed and agility of Skirmishers on crack. 200% speed, 200% jump height. You're armed with the Energy Sword or Gravity Hammer with infinite charge. You carry a plasma pistol and a single frag grenade as backup weapons when more direct tactics will not suffice. In exchange for all this power you sacrifice your shields entirely. Players will have to rely upon just their health, wits and teamwork to see them through, so hit and run tactics and dirty tricks are the order of the day. Recommended for 2+ players on open maps where you've got plenty of room to roam without worrying about superjumping off cliffs ;P

It'll seem too easy at first, except for the fact that you're dying all the time. Beat the set to wallow in your just and bloody victory.

Scenario Traits:
Three rounds of combat: Light Infantry, Mythic Brutes with an Elite assault finale.
Hazards enabled. Weapon drops and ammo creates disabled.

Player Traits:
No shields. Infinite Ammo. No weapon pickups. 200% speed, 200% jump height.

Loadouts:

1. Warrior - Energy Sword/Plasma Pistol, Active Camo, 1 x Plasma Grenade
2. Juggernaut - Gravity Hammer/Plasma Pistol, Drop Shield, 1 x Plasma Grenade
3. Ninja - Golf Club/Plasma Pistol, Active Camo, 1 x Plasma Grenade

Download Firefight - Predator Here
:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=NullPointer256

30s95p1.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
I totally used the robust customization features of firefight to get my firefight achievements, which I did not know at the time whether they would unlock armor or not, either way I am by no means an achievement whore, but Halo: Reach will be the first game I 1000/1000, only because the achievements were really easy to get. Besides I can't play firefight with other people on my 4gb 360.

She's definitely attractive, but that second pic looks really weird, I think it's her eyes.

I found that the rock textures in Winter Contigency were a definite hit and miss, overall they affected the scope and vistas of the game, it was also upsetting to see that the skybox was drab and boring providing an overall disappointing level graphically, as the ambient occlusi- blahblahblah

edit: @AlienShogun, Do you know how long people serve mandatory in Israel?

I believe it's 2 years.

Edit
3 for men, 2 for women.

vhfive said:
You're not the only one.
I hate armor abilities. Jetpacks ruin the flow of a map,armor lock and bubble shield just slows the pace of the game down, and invis turns people into campers. The only ones I don't hate are sprint and hologram (but if everyone had one it would be annoying)

I hate camo in arena more than anything. People just sit in corners with camo on. /rage!

GhaleonEB

So, working on objective spawning, I've run into a weird issue.

I'm using the flag return plate, and assigning it the "ctf_flag_return" property, one each for the Red and Blue teams. They're default properties otherwise, and placed in identical locations on each side of the map.

Here's where Red flag spawns:

reach_4504445_Full.jpg

Yay!

Here's where Blue flag spawns:

reach_4504648_Full.jpg

Boo!

I've deleted it replaced it a few times, but it keeps spawning the flag off to the side. I have no idea why. Anyone else run into this?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mayyhem said:
They're taking Slayer Pro out of Arena? Looks like I'm done playing it, on to the "competitive" section.

There is nothing pro about it, it's not working as intended.

Season 3 will probably have what we are looking for, no radar, no power weapons, sprint only.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Mayyhem said:
They're taking Slayer Pro out of Arena? Looks like I'm done playing it, on to the "competitive" section.

It's not even Pro, it has radar and no weapons on the map. Slayer pro is default weps and no radar, and they're just taking it out and not putting something in its place to not skew the ratings in the arena.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Trying running it in custom games and see if it's just a weird Forge specific bug.
That is a custom game, the flags themselves don't spawn in Forge. I just had an idea though...brb

Edit: no dice. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom