• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trasher said:
I'm telling you from the experience of a couple days ago. Not from the beta. Me and Nutter had the same kills, but one of us had 3 more deaths and one more assist. Our rating was the same.

Yep.

The raw score is [Kills + Assists - Betrayals/Suicides - Deaths / 3] I believe

divisionbyzorro said:
Yep.

The raw score is [Kills + Assists - Betrayals/Suicides - Deaths / 3] I believe

to be exact its

rating = loss_penalty * (1000 + (2000/pi * atan( (kills + sa*assists) - (sd*deaths + sb*betrayals)* (players_per_team / score_to_win))))

Striker

Chorazin said:
Awesome, BTB on Hemorrage, half my team quits, blue team then spawn camps us with a Scorpion, a Revenant, and all the rest had Ghosts. So fucking fun. :(

The next game I get in? BTB SWAT. God fucking dammit.
BTB will be more pleasing once the October update hits. No Scorpion rampaging, SWAT being gone, and Snipers will be dramatically reduced in due time. Still would like them to add Multi-Bomb to Paradiso and Hemorrhage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
to be exact its

rating = loss_penalty * (1000 + (2000/pi * atan( (kills + sa*assists) - (sd*deaths + sb*betrayals)* (players_per_team / score_to_win))))

So it does take into account quitters and adjusts from that for those remaining?

Lazslo

Dani said:
HaloGAF Reach Customs are starting in just over 30 minutes from this post.

We have some good home grown ForgeGAF maps to test out tonight in addition to the regular mayhem.
I'll be there tonight, looking forward to it.

Sanjuro

Dani said:
HaloGAF Reach Customs are starting in just over 30 minutes from this post.

We have some good home grown ForgeGAF maps to test out tonight in addition to the regular mayhem.
Are you still on my list Dani? If not my name is the same as here. I'm going to get a coffee now and then jump back on in 15m

infinityBCRT said:
I don't know why they didn't try to make the other levels in the game designed around an armor ability. Like maybe one where you need to sprint between cover otherwise you'll get blasted by a turret, or one where you're in an area thats getting attacked by airstrikes and you have to use the armor lock to protect yourself at a certain interval, etc. Maybe thats just not fun gameplay, but in that case they probably needed to design better abilities that would be fun to use.

Because Halo games have always been about freedom. Letting the player decide how they're going to go about things. The jetpack thing was fine, because it was short. But having to do that with all the different armor abilities would be boring and frustrating.

infinityBCRT said:
They could have really cut the first four levels into 20% of the length of what they were and made the Mongoose ride at the end the penultimate moment of the game which lead you straight to the platform instead of having more combat after that and it would have been a MUCH MUCH better game.

Winter Contingency
was fine. You can skip most of that level anyway.
Sword Base
wasn't long at all. There's what, 6 main encounters? Most of which can be done in a vehicle.
Nightfall
was a bit long, but wasn't bad because of it.
Tip of the Spear
...no complaints.

Mik2121

Yup, I wanna get into the Customs!.

I'm playing with some 5 gaffers, but these are not the Customs game...

There seems to be a customs going on with 10/16 people. If Laszlo or whoever it was could stop it so we can put both games together...

Mik2121

Hey gaf party, send an invite over here, come ooooon...

I can see you sitting there... ugh :(

EDIT - Ah come on you guys, I've been waiting for a while and now the party is full.

You guys blow :(

(Send an invite over if there's some empty space)

Veelk

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Those GT's are never online. You have to go to their friends list and see who's online there.
And what then? Invite them, since there doesn't seem to be an option to join them?

Gui_PT

Mik2121 said:
Hey gaf party, send an invite over here, come ooooon...

I can see you sitting there... ugh :(

You can message them, you know? =P

Generic said:
And what then? Invite them, since there doesn't seem to be an option to join them?

Send a message asking to get in if possible.

IZZO

Neo Member
Mik2121 said:
Too late, the party is now full...
:(
I was hoping I can join customs this time.

ChocholateMILK said:
I just finished my forged BTB map. Can you help me to see if it's any good? I want to start a GAF Customs party group 2 NOW!

GT: Synergy Black
Send me an invite. I'd be glad to help.
GT: TheStrayWolf

Mik2121

ChocholateMILK said:
I just finished my forged BTB map. Can you help me to see if it's any good? I want to start a GAF Customs party group 2 NOW!

GT: Synergy Black
Hey, I got your invite but I got some error. Could you try inviting me again?

BTW I don't have a mic, so if we try your map, I will post here afterwards telling u what I thought about it.

Deware80

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Hey, I got your invite but I got some error. Could you try inviting me again?

BTW I don't have a mic, so if we try your map, I will post here afterwards telling u what I thought about it.

Yeah me too.

Mik2121

I don't have a mic so I'll post it here.

I liked the map, but as some people said it was a bit barebones. You might want to add a couple Covenant weapons as well as some structures or covers on the open areas, as you are pretty much fucked if you go outside, and therefore the game becomes a sniper game of sorts (or DMR).

Other than that, the spawns seemed to work fine as in, people spawned always around teammates, but spawning on direct fire from the enemy isn't the best thing ever.

Again, I enjoyed the map, A bit hectic but lots of fun. Just add a couple spots to hide or some corridors or something, and it should be pretty good to go for the usual HaloGAF customs :p

BTW - If we are 10, I'd like it if you go to my File Share and download THE EXTENDED YARD. Any game mode should be good to go for it.

Mik2121 said:
I don't have a mic so I'll post it here.

I liked the map, but as some people said it was a bit barebones. You might want to add a couple Covenant weapons as well as some structures or covers on the open areas, as you are pretty much fucked if you go outside, and therefore the game becomes a sniper game of sorts (or DMR).

Other than that, the spawns seemed to work fine as in, people spawned always around teammates, but spawning on direct fire from the enemy isn't the best thing ever.

Again, I enjoyed the map, A bit hectic but lots of fun. Just add a couple spots to hide or some corridors or something, and it should be pretty good to go for the usual HaloGAF customs :p

BTW - If we are 10, I'd like it if you go to my File Share and download THE EXTENDED YARD. Any game mode should be good to go for it.

Thanks man! That criticism means a lot to me! I'll def. work on it since I forged that map in less than 30 minutes. I had just some idea about four towers, something in the middle and some hills.

CrazedArabMan said:
Ugh, the matchmaking and multi-player is so much more frustrating in Reach than in previous Halo games by far. I can't even play 5+ games a day anymore due to the amount of stuff that happens whether it be the usage of armor lock, or just the game-play feeling completely cheep or something like that. :/

I know I can't be the only one that feels this, though I'm like a part of the few people who thinks the sniper needs to go back to how it was in 3.

Nah I agree - ive played doubles games where I would consistantly out DMR people to one shot, but before I can get the headshot they would sprint away - that was kind of annoying, but perhaps not so cheap. Ive also had games where EVERYONE used Armour Lock - that simply sucked because I was pretty much getting screwed out of lots of kills. In the Arena this sucks, because assists arent even handed out, I would put them consistantly on 1 shot and then they would armour lock and a teammate would ALWAYS get to me in time to steal the kill when they come out of it. :(

I also agree with the Sniper, it may sound stupid - but sniping is too easy now. :lol I kind of prefered it when it took skill to dominate with the thing. I also think it was a lot smoother in 3, and for some reason in Reach you get a lot of camping snipers. People camping in one spot (with camo sometimes!) sniping can wreck you, this shouldnt be possible - all in all ive never seen a Halo game where standing in 1 spot all game works so well. :/

I hate to be so negative, but Reach has some pretty frustrating moments - hopefully some of these will be addressed as time goes on.

Drakken

Shake Appeal said:
Stop thinking of the Arena as a team game. You aren't rewarded for your contribution to the team.

:-/

So basically in order to excel in Arena, you need to not worry at all about being a good teammate and just try to get as many kills as possible, regardless of how many deaths you end up with. That doesn't make for good games, and it's a flawed measure of skill. Maybe if deaths were weighted more heavily people would be a little more careful instead of just rushing in everywhere and trying to trade kills just to get a good rating.

It's also a shame how few people play with mics in Arena. It truly is just an individual game, I guess.

Wow, so after my complaining earlier, played some BTB with some friends and completely went on a tear, and best part yet is that my sniping skills are coming back, was wrecking kids today.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
According to the fiction, which is the better weapon, the DRM or the BR?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
godhandiscen said:
According to the fiction, which is the better weapon, the DRM or the BR?
For that matter, according to the fiction, which is the better weapon, the AR or the BR? We could have settled this long ago if we'd thought to ask that question.

Sean P. said:
Armor abilities other than sprint were definitely a terrible addition to competitive gameplay.

Agreed.

I actually find it weird MLG is even using the armor abilities as pickups because they definitely did not embrace any of the equipment in H3. Maybe that will change in the future, cause I'm really hoping for a DMR/Sprint only playlist. Doubles is serving that pretty well at the moment for me.

ElRenoRaven

xxjuicesxx said:
Agreed.

I actually find it weird MLG is even using the armor abilities as pickups because they definitely did not embrace any of the equipment in H3. Maybe that will change in the future, cause I'm really hoping for a DMR/Sprint only playlist. Doubles is serving that pretty well at the moment for me.

Who knows maybe they are starting to lighten up and embrace the things that make Halo what it is. lol

Chorazin

Cocopjojo said:
For that matter, according to the fiction, which is the better weapon, the AR or the BR? We could have settled this long ago if we'd thought to ask that question.
According to Avery Johnson in Contact: Harvest, it depends on the situation. That is actually brought up.

HALO FUN FACT! The Brute Chopper was originally designed by an Engineer to be a plow, a peace offering to the humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom