• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

still no Came to hear Me Beg achievement after more tries. i checked out videos and i did everything correctly. sigh

LiK said:
still no Came to hear Me Beg achievement after more tries. i checked out videos and i did everything correctly. sigh
I know the feeling. It's really frustrating. My advice is to try for no more than 10 minutes a day, that way you don't burn yourself out.

LiK said:

run to edge, watch where he moves to, switch to pistol for better view, run back three-four steps, sprint, jump, disengage sprint, look straight down, if he's not there you've failed, IF he is hold down melee right before you are about to make contact like a normal mp assassination. I did it this exact way on the last level spot. it works.

Update: Grandfather's probably going to make it, but still weak. I've been sick the last couple of weeks, so I wasn't able to see him, but other family has told me that he is still really sick but doing better and no longer in Critical.

IronRinn said:
Making my way slowly, painfully through Warrant Officer Grade 3 today. Did the dailies, some Gruntpocalypse, and ONI SB and actually hit the cR limit for the day. Back at it again tomorrow, I guess.

Seriously though, god damn you Warrant Officer. Damn you to hell.
Yeah that's where I am cR wise, about 3/4 through. It's a real pain in the ass. I don't feel bad at using the ONI SB trick at all.

By the way if you hit the cR limit does it tell you?

IronRinn

Neuromancer said:
Yeah that's where I am cR wise, about 3/4 through. It's a real pain in the ass. I don't feel bad at using the ONI SB trick at all.

By the way if you hit the cR limit does it tell you?

Yeah, after my last match a message popped up during the cR summation alerting me that the online credit limit had been reached.

LiK

Neuromancer said:
I know the feeling. It's really frustrating. My advice is to try for no more than 10 minutes a day, that way you don't burn yourself out.

yea, gonna just do it a few times everytime i boot up the game. it's becoming ridiculous.

zero margin said:
run to edge, watch where he moves to, switch to pistol for better view, run back three-four steps, sprint, jump, disengage sprint, look straight down, if he's not there you've failed, IF he is hold down melee right before you are about to make contact like a normal mp assassination. I did it this exact way on the last level spot. it works.

that's pretty much what i've been doing already. i always succeed but no achievement unlocks. that's why it's becoming a pain in the ass

Sean

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
I know, exactly my point though, only BG and Paradiso would be the only maps really left to play on, we really need some more BTB maps big time, I was afraid the game would be lacking in that department and it is.

Was the same exact problem with Halo 3, it was pretty much only Sandtrap and Valhalla at launch. Bungie doesn't really seem to give a shit about BTB.

IronRinn

LiK said:

I actually got to the point that I had heard Carter and Emile's dialog so many times I would just run off the cliff, near the red bush facing right-ish at the same point (right around where he says the words "Pillar of Autumn"). The Elite was usually in the same spot each time. It's a really frustrating achievement, no doubt about it.

LiK said:
that's pretty much what i've been doing already. i always succeed but no achievement unlocks. that's why it's becoming a pain in the ass
I'm hoping someday Bungie fixes it, clearly something's wrong with it.

LiK said:

Do exactly that. Mine happened when I went from falling straight down view to assassination third person view without a hiccup in the frames.

Neuromancer said:

Yeah, it's an achievement. I won't paste the definition but if I can do this you can do it.

LiK

IronRinn said:
I actually got to the point that I had heard Carter and Emile's dialog so many times I would just run off the cliff, near the red bush facing right-ish at the same point (right around where he says the words "Pillar of Autumn"). The Elite was usually in the same spot each time. It's a really frustrating achievement, no doubt about it.

haha, yea, i basically turned off the sound just so it doesn't become unbearable when i retry.

Neuromancer said:

yea, lookin at all the Youtube and GB comments about this achievement, everyone is having issues with it unlocking even if they did everything correctly. it seems to pop up for some people really quickly but most people seem to have trouble with it.

Have you tried on Nightfall on Legendary for "If you came to hear me beg". I was frustrated at doing it on the final level so decided to have an attempt there and managed to pull it off fairly quickly.

zero margin said:
Yeah, it's an achievement. I won't paste the definition but if I can do this you can do it.
I know what an achievement is and I already have it, I was just sympathizing with my fellow man. But hey thanks for being a condescending jackass.

thetechkid

droppedbear said:
Have you tried on Nightfall on Legendary for "If you came to hear me beg". I was frustrated at doing it on the final level so decided to have an attempt there and managed to pull it off fairly quickly.

Me and my friend tried this on Legendary for 20 minutes last night and I finally got it through a lucky assassination, my friend however wasn't able to get it so we just moved on.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
SolidEyeSystem said:
Yeah, had a great time tonight in customs everyone.

Something crazy happened the second time we played Ghaleon's map. Dani and Neoism were launched across the map while in a revenant. Still not sure how it happened, but it was funny to watch. Link if anyone would be kind enough to render it:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4642792&player=CBBQ

Holy shit, fix it Ghaleon!

I had no idea what happened, the screen went hyper and I died and everyone was laughing. :lol :lol :lol

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Holy shit, fix it Ghaleon!

I had no idea what happened, the screen went hyper and I died and everyone was laughing. :lol :lol :lol

I um, haven't been able to replicate that bug. :lol

Thanks for being my guinea pigs. I was really worried about a few aspects of the map but it seemed to go decently. But I'm happy enough with the overall flow that I'm going to finish up the other game types and polish up the issues. This is what I've done so far, but I've got a long list of small and large adjustments to go:

Smoothed out the two biggest bumps by removing the juncture blocks and just shuffling the sides together a touch. Some Mongeese didn't take kindly to them.

Revised the Sniper Rifle from 8 to 12 rounds. I was afraid it would dominate, but it didn't look like it did.

Some geometry changes so vehicles charging the base don't fall into the grav lift pit accidentally (whoops).

Pulled the high catwalk with the man cannons on them forward so vehicles can drive on either side of the base. I might lower it a bit so it's not as long of a climb.

Other issues had to do with player movement, some of which was due to people just not knowing the map or where weapons were (don't take the side road when you steal the flag, hit the man cannon right next to the base instead). But some was due to not having vehicles on hand when they were needed, so I'm speeding those up:

Made all six Mongoose respawn in 15 seconds instead of 30.

Warthog respawn reduced to 60 seconds from 120.

Revenant reduced from 150 to 120 seconds.

The spawns seemed to work well, which was one of my biggest concerns. Though I'm going to go back through the film and focus on them in particular.

If anyone had any specific feedback please let me know.

Got a few crazy clips to snag from tonight's customs which I'll do tomorrow. Fun times, definitely some good (and not so good) maps in the mix.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
LiK said:

There were several instances for me where the Elite moved out of the way but I landed on the ground with absolutely no fall damage. I think uneven terrain problem people were mentioning on spire earlier might be the issue. I got it eventually.

Aggrotek

Just got my Killtacular. These guys were awful. I think they were the worst players I have ever encountered. The sad thing was, they wouldn't leave either... like 8 games or so with us winning almost every one. Good sports they were.

Killtac game.

remz

Neuromancer said:
This Skunked achievement may be the stupidest achievement in the history of stupid achievements.
Mongoose mowdown was way worse. Got skunked! In like my 3rd invasion game

Stuff like Skunked is pretty obviously a gateway just to get you to try the mode out.

So I don't really mind it.

Dumb ones are stuff like Wake Up, Buttercup. Nothing really cool/interesting about it.

Also why are we arguing about achievements? 1. They're achievements 2. Bungie puts out solid lists.

Grimm Fandango said:
Why is Skunked stupid? I got it the first day when people didn't know how to play Invasion properly :lol :lol

Nobody plays Invasion properly. Its a bunch of bad kids running around with their heads cut off.

Buckethead said:
Stuff like Skunked is pretty obviously a gateway just to get you to try the mode out.

So I don't really mind it.

Dumb ones are stuff like Wake Up, Buttercup. Nothing really cool/interesting about it.

Also why are we arguing about achievements? 1. They're achievements 2. Bungie puts out solid lists.

Buttercup is easy as hell, and also pretty fun. The secret is to kill the Banshees on the keel before the Ardent Prayer can launch them.

Skunked is pretty easy, you don't really even need to try. You'll just end up getting it sooner or later.

This game gets boring pretty fast when you're playing alone. Anybody feel like hopping on for some multiplayer?

Tokubetsu

For some reason, the one achievement that is escaping me is the blamite one. I don't know how I dont have 10 needle explosion kills in campaign/firefight already. Does it have to be in one mission/round?

Tokubetsu said:
For some reason, the one achievement that is escaping me is the blamite one. I don't know how I dont have 10 needle explosion kills in campaign/firefight already. Does it have to be in one mission/round?
I may be wrong but I think it has to be in one life. But definitely in one round, it's not cumulative.

Tokubetsu said:

You cannot die or else the counter will reset.

edit: beaten

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4594846&player=AlienShogun

So wait, we played two games on the map and each game the Revenant bugged out? That could be a serious(ly funny) issue. =\
:\ indeed. Not sure how to address it, but it's sort of a big deal. It could be how the Revenant reacts to certain types of seams, in which case I won't be able to iron them out (just smoothed over two more and adjusted the central chasm to be more Mongoose-friendly). Hilarious and crushing at the same time. It's sad to see so much work go into a map and it's riddled with vehicle bugs like that.

Man, Armor Lock is pissing me off in multiplayer... guys just pulse that shit like nonstop.

Honestly, I think it would be fixed with a tweak -- don't allow people to do instant attacks when they come out of Armor Lock. I'm always stunned when I'm standing directly behind an Armor lock guy, and I melee him, but somehow we both die because he managed to do a complete 180 and melee me back in the amount of time I had to simply press a button.

timetokill said:
Man, Armor Lock is pissing me off in multiplayer... guys just pulse that shit like nonstop.

Honestly, I think it would be fixed with a tweak -- don't allow people to do instant attacks when they come out of Armor Lock. I'm always stunned when I'm standing directly behind an Armor lock guy, and I melee him, but somehow we both die because he managed to do a complete 180 and melee me back in the amount of time I had to simply press a button.

Don't stand next to the person in armor lock. Then your shields won't be dropped when he comes out of it. Problem solved.

USF

LiK said:

when you're close to the assassination, make sure to have your head up straight and not looking down, worked for me that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom