• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GhaleonEB said:
:\ indeed. Not sure how to address it, but it's sort of a big deal. It could be how the Revenant reacts to certain types of seams, in which case I won't be able to iron them out (just smoothed over two more and adjusted the central chasm to be more Mongoose-friendly). Hilarious and crushing at the same time. It's sad to see so much work go into a map and it's riddled with vehicle bugs like that.
Question, have you tried it with Ghost/Wraith? Just wondering if it's happening to the other vehicles which hover off the ground.
timetokill said:
Man, Armor Lock is pissing me off in multiplayer... guys just pulse that shit like nonstop.

Honestly, I think it would be fixed with a tweak -- don't allow people to do instant attacks when they come out of Armor Lock. I'm always stunned when I'm standing directly behind an Armor lock guy, and I melee him, but somehow we both die because he managed to do a complete 180 and melee me back in the amount of time I had to simply press a button.
Best bet is since they're usually armor locking near death is to step back and wait them out, then shoot them. If they armor locked from you shooting them early on, then its better to know/tell how long it takes for them to fully waste it, because then you can throw a frag/sticky the moment right before they get out of armor lock and they've got no choice but to eat it.

Cynar

timetokill said:
Man, Armor Lock is pissing me off in multiplayer... guys just pulse that shit like nonstop.

Honestly, I think it would be fixed with a tweak -- don't allow people to do instant attacks when they come out of Armor Lock. I'm always stunned when I'm standing directly behind an Armor lock guy, and I melee him, but somehow we both die because he managed to do a complete 180 and melee me back in the amount of time I had to simply press a button.
:lol Seriously don't stand next to them and be prepared to throw a grenade, problem solved. It's fine. There's so many ways to deal with this it's not even funny.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hit Major Grade 3 tonight. :D probably won't play at all till tomorrow night, but hopefully I can get a bunch of credits at a time!

Ramirez

Man, I love using Camo on Countdown...

Love this game when the mechanics are working right, and they were for me tonight. :D Fast forward to tomorrow and the bloom will screw me all day I'm sure. :p

Acid08

Banned
Game is really fun, and I haven't really enjoyed a Halo game since 1. Also the first Halo where I started on Heroic, it's awesome.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Neuromancer said:
This Skunked achievement may be the stupidest achievement in the history of stupid achievements.

Skunked is dead easy to get. If you're playing with a decent team on Boneyard, it's very easy to get.

Neuromancer said:
Also, Invasion Slayer is the dumbest game variant I've ever seen. Seriously what's the point.

Invasion Slayer is awesome. Don't hate.

C4Lukins

That campaign was terrible. The last level is the worst level ever created in the entire series. Great cinematic ending though. MP is great, but I am almost glad to see Bungie move on because that was a pathetic SP effort. I would put it below ODST and Halo 2 even.

Numpt3

thetrin said:
Skunked is dead easy to get. If you're playing with a decent team on Boneyard, it's very easy to get.

Invasion Slayer is awesome. Don't hate.
Yeah, I got it the first time I ever played invasion aswell.

Does anyone know what time the new challenges go up in the UK?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
C4Lukins said:
That campaign was terrible. The last level is the worst level ever created in the entire series. Great cinematic ending though. MP is great, but I am almost glad to see Bungie move on because that was a pathetic SP effort. I would put it below ODST and Halo 2 even.

Huh? ODST was awesome.

Shafto

m0ngo said:
Yeah, I got it the first time I ever played invasion aswell.

Does anyone know what time the new challenges go up in the UK?

11am usually - or round abouts. You can check the challenge screen on Bungie.net - always has a ticking timer counting down the seconds until it's up.

C4Lukins

thetrin said:
Huh? ODST was awesome.

I liked ODST...... Well I liked the missions not so much the open world stuff. I really liked the Halo 2 campaign as well. I just really did not dig Reach. But it has awesome mp so I give it lots of love there.

Numpt3

Shafto said:
11am usually - or round abouts. You can check the challenge screen on Bungie.net - always has a ticking timer counting down the seconds until it's up.
Thank you kind sir. :D

ODST is awesome, second only to Reach in my opinion.

I guess I'm officially not a Halo fan anymore.

Played the first one, loved it.

Played Halo 2, enjoyed it although I had no idea what was going on.

Tried Halo 3 for about an hour, didn't stick with it.

Tried to get into Reach earlier today, it didn't grab me.

I don't think the games have gotton worse, they just do nothing for me anymore. I wish I knew what it was that I don't like about Halo. I know what's great about it, and I wish I could get into it to experience the unique AI and open-ended battles. Can't seem to do it though.

DodgerSan

Whoompthereitis said:

I hear that all the time and just don't get it. What on earth was complicated about that game?

It certainly had it's problems, but understanding the story wasn't one of them.

C4Lukins

Whoompthereitis said:
I guess I'm officially not a Halo fan anymore.

Played the first one, loved it.

Tried Halo 3 for about an hour, didn't stick with it.

Tried to get into Reach earlier today, it didn't grab me.

I don't think the games have gotton worse, they just do nothing for me anymore. I wish I knew what it was that I don't like about Halo. I know what's great about it, and I wish I could get into it to experience the unique AI and open-ended battles. Can't seem to do it though.

Is this joke character you are commenting with, or is this how you really feel? My response is dependant on one of those two factors.

LowParry

I really enjoy playing the Halo formula of the Halo games. The story I have no clue what's going on. Just your bits and pieces of "here's where you need to go" etc. Just finished Reach. Lots of fun. MP is pretty fun as well though I like to stick with the 4v4 games. They just flow better for me. SWAT is my favorite.

It's been a long time since I've played Halo 2, so I can't remember it too well.

But yeah, the story lost me. Maybe it wasn't that hard to understand, maybe it just wasn't interesting to me. Can't recall. Still enjoyed the game though.

I dunno though...all the 360 ones (haven't tried ODST) just turn me off- can't put my finger on it.

EDIT: I should mention, I'm talking strictly single player here. Never been an online multiplayer guy really.

C4Lukins said:
Is this joke character you are commenting with, or is this how you really feel? My response is dependant on one of those two factors.

I really don't understand your sentence...which two factors are you talking about?

C4Lukins said:
I think you completely understand what I am saying.

I think you completely overestimate your ability to express yourself succinctly through the written word.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow though- I was just giving my opinion on the series. I'll leave it be if it really upsets you that much.

C4Lukins

Whoompthereitis said:
I think you completely overestimate your ability to express yourself succinctly through the written word.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow though- I was just giving my opinion on the series. I'll leave it be if it really upsets you that much.

No it does not upset me. And I feel horrible about our current miscommunication.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
1000 cR Gunslinger
Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

500cR Covenant-cide
Kill 60 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

750cR Mythic Evasion
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Tough Luck and Mythic on.

1200cR Katanarama
Kill 5 enemies using the Energy Sword in Firefight Matchmaking.

What is the shortest/easiest SP mission besides Winter Contingency? I've gone through it for all the other campaign daily challenges, and don't feel like doing it again today.

Trickster

To get the katanarama, what would be the best gametype to choose? Obviously gruntpocalypse is out of the question because it's not possible to get the sword in the gametype.

Shoogoo

GDJustin said:
1200cR Katanarama
Kill 5 enemies using the Energy Sword in Firefight Matchmaking.

Energy Sword eh? I don't remember seeing one. Then again I didn't play many firefights. I suppose you find one on an elite in the 5th wave?

Plywood said:
Best bet is since they're usually armor locking near death is to step back and wait them out, then shoot them. If they armor locked from you shooting them early on, then its better to know/tell how long it takes for them to fully waste it, because then you can throw a frag/sticky the moment right before they get out of armor lock and they've got no choice but to eat it.

Sure, I know that's what you're supposed to do (even if I don't do it all the time). I don't quite have the timing down, but hey, I'll get there.

I'm just venting because I'm seeing it more frequently that it's used offensively and not just defensively. Guys rush in and pulse it and get your shields to drop, while their buddies drop you in one shot. I don't usually mind that when I'm running a guy down and I'm waiting for the lock, and his friends show up to save him, or when using it to reject a rocket or even a sticky. I guess I'm just seeing it be the best option in more situations than I would like personally.

Just finished the campaign on heroic, solo.

Holy shit, the horrible partner AI made a few spots absolutely horrible to get past. Just absolutely braindead AI.

It was a pretty solid campaign overall, though. I'd rank it up there....

Shoogoo said:
Energy Sword eh? I don't remember seeing one. Then again I didn't play many firefights. I suppose you find one on an elite in the 5th wave?

I saw a Sword-wielding Elite on Crashsite yesterday. They seem pretty rare though.

One thing I really hated about Reach was that I couldn't find an option to turn off the music. I always like to turn the music off in story-based games- find it makes the whole thing more immersive.

Why would they leave out such a simple option? The multiplayer has every damn option known to man.

Whoompthereitis said:
One thing I really hated about Reach was that I couldn't find an option to turn off the music. I always like to turn the music off in story-based games- find it makes the whole thing more immersive.

Why would they leave out such a simple option? The multiplayer has every damn option known to man.

Audio dudes like everyone to hear their work... all the time. You can play your own music through the dash but it disables ALL sound effects from the game =/

Neverender said:
Audio dudes like everyone to hear their work... all the time. You can play your own music through the dash but it disables ALL sound effects from the game =/

Are all the Halo games lacking the option to turn off the music? If so, fuck you Bungie.

remz

Katanarama is gonna be a pain in my ass. I've only ever seen sword elites in that last wave at the end of Score Attack. damnit!

Whoompthereitis said:

Seriously? I can't even imagine halo without music. :S

Raiden

Banned
Whoompthereitis said:

I guess the majority of the people who play Halo campaign think like me ... no way in hell i would turn of the lovely music. But i can see your point though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Whoompthereitis said:

It's funny that you say because during my play through, in one of the cut scenes a bug popped up and all the audio was gone besides the voice acting. It's completely removed me from the scene
Kat's death
I was pretty pissed.

remz said:

I don't hate Halo's music in particular, I just find in a first person game where you're supposed to be 'the character' it's easier to get immersed if you don't have a soundtrack. Just a personal thing.

It's weird- I love music more than anything in the world, but I don't like it in most video games.

Numpt3

remz said:
Katanarama is gonna be a pain in my ass. I've only ever seen sword elites in that last wave at the end of Score Attack. damnit!

Yeah just played a game of firefight and one of the gold elites in the final wave had a sword. Did'nt manage to get it off him though. :(

This one is going to be a pain.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
LiK said:
still no Came to hear Me Beg achievement after more tries. i checked out videos and i did everything correctly. sigh

I got it quite quickly

while you are jumping, make sure you hit the run button again, so your hand position while holding the AR changes, that way you know you've got yourself OUT of the sprint. If you're in sprint, the fall doesn't kill you, so no achievement.

C4Lukins

Whoompthereitis said:
I don't hate Halo's music in particular, I just find in a first person game where you're supposed to be 'the character' it's easier to get immersed if you don't have a soundtrack. Just a personal thing.

It's weird- I love music more than anything in the world, but I don't like it in most video games.

You are trying way to hard now. You were never funny as a joke character unlike some of those who have hung around a bit. You are doing well as a troll, but unfunny trolls always fale. Just be your fucking self and stop trying to live off of the animosity of others.

remz

m0ngo said:
Yeah just played a game of firefight and one of the gold elites in the final wave had a sword. Did'nt manage to get it off him though. :(

This one is going to be a pain.
They usually pull it out when they berserk, the trouble is after you get one, mopping up 5 with it, especially when they're rolling around with concussion rifles and stuff.

C4Lukins said:
You are trying way to hard now. You were never funny as a joke character unlike some of those who have hung around a bit. You are doing well as a troll, but unfunny trolls always fale. Just be your fucking self and stop trying to live off of the animosity of others.

Wow, calm down. I like to turn off the music in my games. That makes me a troll looking for a laugh? What the hell are you even talking about?

m0ngo said:
Why would you want to turn the music off anyway? It inreases the experience ten fold.

Just a personal thing. I totally get that music adds to the experience for most folks. For me, I guess it just makes it easier to lose myself in the world. I pretty much do this with all games. I get that music makes it more like a Hollywood movie; I just like the added realism of having it be silent. If I was really a Spartan fighting on Reach, I wouldn't have a soundtrack. I'd only be hearing gunfire, the chatter of my teammates and the sounds of my enemies. Just makes ir more closely resemble a battlefield for me, and it accentuates the other sounds. And the moments of silence add to the tension.

Again though, it's just a personal thing. I've only met a few people that agree with me on this issue. But they are out there!

I played with my brother the first level on Legendary today. Awesome:) Three Zealots at the end he died very often but the Zealot with the sword is a badass on Legendary. And if you dont know how to handle with it he will kill you . I hope i can convince him to play Firefight versus with me :D

C4Lukins

Whoompthereitis said:
Wow, calm down. I like to turn off the music in my games. That makes me a troll looking for a laugh? What the hell are you even talking about?

Yeah you made me check up on it. I am listening to Abba right now while playing Reach. I cannot even hear the dialog because Abba is rocking so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom