• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikasangelos said:
Finally REACHed Captain.....FU WO class!!!

I'd like to know what the logic was behind making Warrant Officer such a bitch. It actually gets a little easier for the next few ranks.

Gui_PT said:
BUNGIE! Someone found a way to bypass the shields on Invasion, the ones that disappear once a territory is captured (at least on Boneyard) I'll post a clip soon so you can see.

Why was Milk banned?
I wish I could post a clip, but yeah passing the barriers is extremely easy to do.

One way you can do it on Spire (works on all levels/shield doors with this method) is get up to the Elite Spawn on the right hand side of the map. Back up to the shield door and when your battle bro spawns on you he will be on the other side of the wall.

From there they can run to the second 'territory' and be sitting in it as soon as you capture the first territory. Essentially what ends up happening is the second territory gets captured before anyone has time to get there.

Found this out a couple weeks ago but I just never had a chance to post a video.

Willeth

Does the Legacy menu in Reach only count solo play for ODST but allow co-op for 3? Because I've completed co-op Legendary for both and it's only given the credit for 3. Bnet is the same.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
I wish I could post a clip, but yeah passing the barriers is extremely easy to do.

One way you can do it on Spire (works on all levels/shield doors with this method) is get up to the Elite Spawn on the right hand side of the map. Back up to the shield door and when your battle bro spawns on you he will be on the other side of the wall.

From there they can run to the second 'territory' and be sitting in it as soon as you capture the first territory. Essentially what ends up happening is the second territory gets captured before anyone has time to get there.

Found this out a couple weeks ago but I just never had a chance to post a video.

That's what they did on Boneyard, except they didn't do it on the shields.

Devin Olsen said:

Firstly, thanks for the render bro :3

Secondly, daaaayum, that is pretty grim from a gameplay perspective.

Hydranockz said:
Firstly, thanks for the render bro :3

Secondly, daaaayum, that is pretty grim from a gameplay perspective.

Could be an easy fix on Bungies end though - cant they just make a soft kill barrier that despawns when stage 1 finishes?

Actually using the Invasion Forge ruleset - couldnt you make a pretty wacky map which like has floors and walls despawning every time someone captures a flag etc? Imagine a map where like every 60 seconds some walls spawned but some despawned to make different routes through the map. Im not saying it would be fun, but it would be pretty interesting. :lol

On boneyard you can spawn on a bro in a certain location to bypass the first wave, but it's pointless as the 2nd and 3rd waves are not active, bumped into it near launch and reported it so i guess bungie know about it by now.

It's part of the map away from the shield walls, and it's not the method where it takes 3-4 of you to climb up over the top of one of them, this spawns you on the other side.

Gui_PT

Here's the clip. I'd appreciate it if someone could render it, 15 seconds long.

He actually spends about a minute there, while his teammate keeps respawning until it works.

Edit: Diablo, it's not pointless because as soon as the 1st territory is captured, the guy's already at the 2nd one and will capture it because no one else will get there in time. He may also have time to take the core outside.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Here's the clip. I'd appreciate it if someone could render it, 15 seconds long.

He actually spends about a minute there, while his teammate keeps respawning until it works.

Edit: Diablo, it's not pointless because as soon as the 1st territory is captured, the guy's already at the 2nd one and will capture it because no one else will get there in time. He may also have time to take the core outside.

Trying to render it for you, but Bungie.net seems a bit broken. I keep getting service unavailable.

Edit: Finally let me in. Rendering for you now.

This sword challenge is really irritating. I'm at 3/5 and now at the end of every match I play I just get chieftans with hammers, no elites with swords. =\

Scarecrow

do the different shaped Elite head options matter in regards to head shots? Would a wider, more fringed head be more susceptible to sniper/dmr shots?

Kujo

Ugh...completed the 100 kill challenge but got disconnected a minute before the game finished. It awarded me the credits for it, but now it tells me I'm a couple off getting the challenge. So next time I'd go into a match I would get the challenge again. Should I just not play another matchmaking game until the new challenges are put up...

Willeth

Scarecrow said:
do the different shaped Elite head options matter in regards to head shots? Would a wider, more fringed head be more susceptible to sniper/dmr shots?
The hitboxes will be the same. You might be easier to see behind cover if you have a bigger helmet, though.

Brannon

This could be solved by making the shielded zones beyond the playable zones a countdown until death, maybe 5 seconds instead of 10, and every time you die from the 5 second countdown, it'll cost you 10,000 cR.

DO THIS BUNGIE (also you guys are awesome so now you have to listen to me).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gui_PT said:
Why was Milk banned?

I'm pretty sure THIS was his undoing. Not smart, but it's not surprise coming from a guy who can't even spell chocolate.

I've been away from Reach for a few days so I can't wait to jump back in tonight, that's if I can pull myself away from Dead Rising 2. Too much to play, dammit.

Brannon said:
This could be solved by making the shielded zones beyond the playable zones a countdown until death, maybe 5 seconds instead of 10, and every time you die from the 5 second countdown, it'll cost you 10,000 cR.

DO THIS BUNGIE (also you guys are awesome so now you have to listen to me).
While I agree a soft kill boundary would be the best idea, taking credits for dying in said area would be insane.

Lets run through a quick example.

I join BTB alone
Stand against the wall where you're able to have your teammate (some random dude) spawn in zone 2 early
Random Teammate spawn on me (since we're bro's, after all) and then is hit with a 5 second soft kill + -10,000 cR... Yeah I don't see any issues with that. :p

Edit: I fly home this Saturday but likely won't have a chance to get online until Sunday ~ Sunday Night... Lets try and set up a GAF Customs for Sunday as well... I'm dying to play these maps you guys have created.

Question - Did you guys play Nokyards map yesterday? Visually it looked impressive, but i am curious how it'll play out in real games.

Okay, from what I understand they are making SWAT its own playlist, right? That's great, but has there been any mention of getting Infection out of Rumble Pit? When I pick Rumble Pit, I want to play some free for all, not a poorly randomized team game.

Those customs were fun last night but my friend come and got me to drink :|

The wizard remake was really fun and that infection map going up hill with the camera effects was awesome too. That first map we played (not sure who's it was) was too open, add some more stuff otherwise it just seems like DMR_aim

MrBig

Hemorrhage is fucking piece of shit. Theres no way to get a good match on it. One team always dongs on the other and there is no chance of getting an even fight.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
Hemorrhage is fucking piece of shit. Theres no way to get a good match on it. One team always dongs on the other and there is no chance of getting an even fight.
Blood Gulch was always a bad map. I appreciate the fan service behind bringing it back, but it needs major changes to be balanced or fun, IMO. More than anything we just need more BTB maps, though.

jambo

Finished 2 player co-op Legendary today, was amazing. Would love to do some 4 player co-op at some point.

GT is jambo1977

ElRenoRaven

So last night playing around with a friend I found something that I think wasn't intended.

If you have vehicles set to indestructable the Warthog driver can't die or even take damage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
PsychoRaven said:
So last night playing around with a friend I found something that I think wasn't intended.

If you have vehicles set to indestructable the Warthog driver can't die or even take damage.

You know what I found out?

The Revenant is a merry-go-round of death.

It's also a sweet faster than light transportation device.

Seriously though, I loved that map Ghaleon made, with a few more vehicles, and a bit more cover in the open areas there is a ton of potential there. Cliffside also is potentially a fantastic map.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Blood Gulch was always a bad map. I appreciate the fan service behind bringing it back, but it needs major changes to be balanced or fun, IMO. More than anything we just need more BTB maps, though.
Valhalla is probably the best gulch map ever created. we need to see something like that and at least 2 or 3 other btb maps in the coming dlcs. Hopefully when 343i gets control they can pump out a bunch of maps quickly once Bungie puts out the first batches. Unless of course they're to busy killing off Halo with their yearly releases.

MrBig said:
*continues to hope for a Valhalla remake in future DLC*

GhaleonEB said:
Blood gulch was never a bad map

zlatko

Banned
There's a certain map in Halo 3 I really liked playing on, but I haven't a clue what it was called so maybe you guys can shed some light on it. Actually there's two.

1) It had a giant lift elevator where most people would wait at the top of to beat each other up. I believe a Spartan laser could be found on the bottom area. I'm really unsure though how to describe it further.

2) This map had two chain gun areas, one on each side of the spawn, under neath would be snipers spawned. Right next to these areas was a way to a computer room of sorts with a sword inside. On the complete opposite side of the sword area was where you could find shot guns, and there was somewhat of a hallway in the middle of the map where rockets spawned.

Oh and for kicks I remember the map that was in beta for Halo 3 as well as retail. It had a beach, a rock side, you'd then get up to sort of a fortress where a spartan laser was at the very top. A chaingun was on the top of the open entrance, lots of vehicles were used like ghosts, warthogs, and mongooses'.

I would LOVE to see all 3 of these maps come back to Reach. They were a total blast to play on, although I know my descriptions might sound somewhat vague.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
I wasn't aware I was playing halo ce.

Then you're also not aware it's the same map.

zlatko said:
There's a certain map in Halo 3 I really liked playing on, but I haven't a clue what it was called so maybe you guys can shed some light on it. Actually there's two.

1) It had a giant lift elevator where most people would wait at the top of to beat each other up. I believe a Spartan laser could be found on the bottom area. I'm really unsure though how to describe it further.

2) This map had two chain gun areas, one on each side of the spawn, under neath would be snipers spawned. Right next to these areas was a way to a computer room of sorts with a sword inside. On the complete opposite side of the sword area was where you could find shot guns, and there was somewhat of a hallway in the middle of the map where rockets spawned.

Oh and for kicks I remember the map that was in beta for Halo 3 as well as retail. It had a beach, a rock side, you'd then get up to sort of a fortress where a spartan laser was at the very top. A chaingun was on the top of the open entrance, lots of vehicles were used like ghosts, warthogs, and mongooses'.

I would LOVE to see all 3 of these maps come back to Reach. They were a total blast to play on, although I know my descriptions might sound somewhat vague.

Highground is the only one I could think of with the elevator and laser.

Edit: Five to the rescue.

vhfive

zlatko said:

1 is Construct.

2 is The Pit aka the greatest map in Halo history

bonus is High Ground

edit: thanks Ram

GhaleonEB said:

Woah, im not a fan of all the Blood Gulch hate in here. Hemmorage sucks because quite frankly its too big. I also think the Halo 1 sandbox worked better with the Gulch than Reach's does.

Maybe Hemmorage is a perfect to scale representation of Blood Gulch and im totally wrong, but Gulch played pretty differently to how Hemmorage plays.

Ramirez

bobs99 ... said:
Woah, im not a fan of all the Blood Gulch hate in here. Hemmorage sucks because quite frankly its too big. I also think the Halo 1 sandbox worked better with the Gulch than Reach's does.

Maybe Hemmorage is a perfect to scale representation of Blood Gulch and im totally wrong, but Gulch played pretty differently to how Hemmorage plays.

Vehicles couldn't be destroyed by a spawning weapon for one thing, or sniped a couple of times and blow up. The vehicle combat sucks so much right now, there is no way the sniper should kill vehicles with the efficiency it does at the moment.

Raiden

Banned
Ramirez said:
Vehicles couldn't be destroyed by a spawning weapon for one thing, or sniped a couple of times and blow up. The vehicle combat sucks so much right now, there is no way the sniper should kill vehicles with the efficiency it does at the moment.

That is still the one and only option i miss from Halo 1, indestructible vehicles, so much fun when that warthog would fly through the air and do 20 barrel rolls :lol

Kujo

Mojo said:
Ugh...completed the 100 kill challenge but got disconnected a minute before the game finished. It awarded me the credits for it, but now it tells me I'm a couple off getting the challenge. So next time I'd go into a match I would get the challenge again. Should I just not play another matchmaking game until the new challenges are put up...
Anyone else had this happen?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:

Well, the games play differently too.

Ramirez said:

True, at the moment the best counter for a banshee is a sniper rifle, also the banshee is able to avoid rockets WAY too easily.

Also, the DMR can make quick work of a tank too if you keep plinking the back exhaust.

MrBig

Raiden said:
That is still the one and only option i miss from Halo 1, indestructible vehicles, so much fun when that warthog would fly through the air and do 20 barrel rolls :lol
If you turn indestructible vehicles on in reach they stay pristine and don't get banged up like the did in Halo 3. Maybe some weekends could be testing for things like that (albeit with only one or two warthogs and a ghost to each base) to add to matchmaking instead of always grifball again.

I'm about to get my Halo fill for the weekend.

*plays Halo 1 on old xbox*

Keyes: Cortana, all I need to know is did we lose them?
Cortana: I think we both know the answer to that.

Alienshogun said:
Then you're also not aware it's the same map.
The maps play so differently its not even close. The original bg was great for everything but team slayer, this abomination in reach is bad for everything.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
The maps play so differently its not even close. The original bg was great for everything but team slayer, this abomination in reach is bad for everything.

It's the same map from everything I can see, it's the game that plays differently.

It's a shit map in Reach. I was arguing pure semantics with you because you said "never."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom