• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Striker said:
Because not everybody likes using the jetpack, or at least on a small, symmetrical map. It should be closed off. Reminds me of The Pit's housing, but difference is they put spawns there. Preferably it would be blocked off, and I'm sure that'd be an easy fix.

I can see your point. However I've never seen a team without at least one jetpack user. Either way I was just wondering.

Ramirez

PsychoRaven said:
OK I have a question. Why is this a big deal? I honestly don't wee why. If it's a regular mode everyone can use a jetpack. Then if it's not they had to get up there somehow by climing on structure or something. Could your team not do the same?

I am honestly wondering because I've actually not seen many get up there the few times I have gotten the map. The few times they have jetpackers have taken them down right away.

It's actually easier and quicker to get up there without a jetpack, and you don't alert everyone on the map that you're doing it...but either way, it's a really lame tactic, and ruins the flow of the map when you have to constantly worry about someone that is up there. I mentioned days ago that I've done it, and only gotten a few kills, but my mere presence up there had the team constantly trying to get me while my teammates destroyed them.

Also, once you are up there, it's extremely hard to be killed unless you're just trying to get yourself killed. Anyone who jetpacks up with be getting pinged on their way up and you know they're coming because of the sound/radar, so yea.

Sai-kun

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
OK I have a question. Why is this a big deal? I honestly don't wee why. If it's a regular mode everyone can use a jetpack. Then if it's not they had to get up there somehow by climing on structure or something. Could your team not do the same?

I am honestly wondering because I've actually not seen many get up there the few times I have gotten the map. The few times they have jetpackers have taken them down right away.

2flag pro. Sniper goes up top, can't even go near him or he calls it out and either his teammates get you or he snipes you, then continues killing your team. You're basically not able to go anywhere on their side of the map.

don't get me started on what happens if they somehow manage to get your sniper as well and go on top of your base.

Hey guys,

If any of you are down for it, a few of us in ForgeGAF are doing some customs right now to test GAF maps. If you can join it would really help us out, and if you have a map of your own we'd be glad to test it.

XBL: BEARCANO

ElRenoRaven

Sai-kun said:
2flag pro. Sniper goes up top, can't even go near him or he calls it out and either his teammates get you or he snipes you, then continues killing your team. You're basically not able to go anywhere on their side of the map.

don't get me started on what happens if they somehow manage to get your sniper as well and go on top of your base.

Ah I could see that being a problem. I never play objective playlist so I haven't experienced that. That would without a doubt suck.

MrBig

timetokill said:
Hey guys,

If any of you are down for it, a few of us in ForgeGAF are doing some customs right now to test GAF maps. If you can join it would really help us out, and if you have a map of your own we'd be glad to test it.

XBL: BEARCANO
Ya theres only 3 of us in the lobby right now, come on people.

Chorazin

Maaan, i need to stick to playing Rumble Pit. When it's not Infection or Safe Havens I'm almost always in the top 50%. I guess I thrive in the chaos! :lol

Jroderton said:
Any word on snipers getting It's own playlist?

This.

I don't understand snipers as a gametype anyway. Just because you're good at playing Team Snipers doesn't mean that you're that good with a sniper rifle in a real competitive gametype. Player flow, objectives, map movement, power weapons; all of those are things that a good sniper needs to be aware of and able to deal with. Team Snipers removes all of those things.

That's my experience, anyway. I can post some really good scores in Team Snipers matches, but I'm rubbish with the thing in a real game.

J-Roderton

divisionbyzorro said:
This.

I don't understand snipers as a gametype anyway. Just because you're good at playing Team Snipers doesn't mean that you're that good with a sniper rifle in a real competitive gametype. Player flow, objectives, map movement, power weapons; all of those are things that a good sniper needs to be aware of and able to deal with. Team Snipers removes all of those things.

That's my experience, anyway. I can post some really good scores in Team Snipers matches, but I'm rubbish with the thing in a real game.

Different for me. If I can get my hands on it during a slayer match, I can own with it. I was just hoping for a playlist so I can go in and practice using it more whenever I felt like it. I don't get it very as often as I'd like in team slayer and arena. Then again I did play mostly team snipers in my last days of Halo 3.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't have an problem with what gametypes are in the hopper for Team Slayer and Rumble Pit. I have a problem with understanding how every second game in Rumble Pit winds up being Infection and that Team Slayer can turn into Swat or Snipers so quickly.

How is it possible that so many people like the Infection gametype enough that they never want to play anything else?

Why isn't there a Rumble Slayer option? I have Team Slayer and Team Objective. Why can't I just choose to play Slayer?

Sai-kun

Banned
Jroderton said:
Different for me. If I can get my hands on it during a slayer match, I can own with it. I was just hoping for a playlist so I can go in and practice using it more whenever I felt like it. I don't get it very as often as I'd like in team slayer and arena. Then again I did play mostly team snipers in my last days of Halo 3.

11lmz5u.jpg

J-Roderton

Truelize said:
I don't have an problem with what gametypes are in the hopper for Team Slayer and Rumble Pit. I have a problem with understanding how every second game in Rumble Pit winds up being Infection and that Team Slayer is can turn into Swat or Snipers so quickly.

How is it possible that so many people like the Infection gametype enough that they never want to play anything else?

Why isn't there a Rumble Slayer option? I have Team Slayer and Team Objective. Why can't I just choose to play Slayer?

I know. I'm surprised it's so popular. Infection used to be more fun in my opinion when it was an occasional double EXP weekend playlist. Now it's like they have become super zombies for Reach.

divisionbyzorro said:

on top of all that (which I agree with) you get to play it on a map that completely is wrong for snipers! Hemorrhage is just a camp fest and countdown is way too close quarters.

Striker

zero margin said:
on top of all that (which I agree with) you get to play it on a map that completely is wrong for snipers! Hemorrhage is just a camp fest and countdown is way too close quarters.
Hemorrhage can work for it, but they need to add coverage in certain spots, like they (tried) for Standoff and others in Halo 3. But let's reminds ourselves there was Midship in Halo 3's playlist.

Sean P.

Deadly said:
It usually isn't that bad but the few games I've played today were pretty horrible.

I played like 10 in a row yesterday where it reset right away and then the ones that didn't were usually all somewhat laggy

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Normal CTF is so annoying. It takes like 40 years to return the flag and it resets if they touch it for like 1 split-second. :( Pro is what the normal time should be imo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sean P. said:
Good Maps: Countdown

Bad Maps: Everything Else

Horrible Maps: Anything from forge world

I would say Asylum, Countdown and Powerhouse are the best maps. Usually have a lot of fun playing on them.

Sean P.

Alienshogun said:
I would say Asylum, Countdown and Powerhouse are the best maps. Usually have a lot of fun playing on them.

Oh agree partially, powerhouse is a great map.

I just hate forgeworld maps, they look terrible, generally have terrible spawns, and I just don't think as much thought is put into them as real maps.

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
What Firefight Matchmaking map has a sword?
All of them. Do Score Attack and get to the Elite Wave. Small maps are best, as it's easier to tear through the early rounds. Courtyard or Corvette would be ideal.

Take out the sword dude first, then use a PP to stun the other Elites so you can move in for the sword kill. I might give it a go myself later tonight.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't recall how it was with Halo 3 — are playlist updates typically rolled out early in the morning as with other 360/XBL updates (like 3-5AM EST)? Or does it just happen randomly during the day?

J-Roderton

7echnicolor said:
Anyone know if they're adding Firefight Versus to Firefight Matchmaking?
I haven't played it yet. :|

I think it's coming out when campaign matchmaking is. How is that supposed to work by the way? Isn't it just elites v spartans except with a team of grunts and jackals helping you out?

Lazslo

tumblr_kya7fmEO9A1qb0uido1_500.jpg

Nobel Actual 2/2010 said:
Holy crap. This is when the magic happens. I wish I could show you what amazing new thing we have on screen tonight
Super Random, but Hey Urk or Sketch- can you tell us now what this amazing new things was? I was dying to know then and I'm still very curious.

feel

Is the guy holding the controller by any chance Jeremiah showing how Matchmaking would look from week 4 onwards?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Neuromancer said:
Hey can you earn commendations in score attack? Because I swear they're not going up (gruntpoclypse).

Yes, you can.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Lazslo said:

Super Random, but Hey Urk or Sketch- can you tell us now what this amazing new things was? I was dying to know then and I'm still very curious.
AR starts on Paradiso.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Lazslo said:

Had to be
fighting elites in zero g during Long Night of Solace.

Don't know if we are still spoilering campaign stuff...I did it anyways.

Lazslo

OuterWorldVoice said:
AR starts on Paradiso.
Sad thing is, these days I really enjoy AR/Pistol starts on any map. I almost prefer it over DMR starts, It's the perfect mix of a short range weapon mixed with a short/mid range weapon. Thank you Sage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom