• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Lazslo said:
Sad thing is, these days I really enjoy AR/Pistol starts on any map. I almost prefer it over DMR starts, It's the perfect mix of a short range weapon mixed with a short/mid range weapon. Thank you Sage.
Yeah, you're not wrong. I much prefer AR/Pistol to DMR/AR and DMR/Pistol. That way, the DMR, which is a more specialized weapon already, is only held by a few people.

So what's this about people getting banned for the credit exploit on Sword Base?

I just got to Captain and cheesy as it sounds might do some of this to get up a couple levels,
I don't have the desire/patience to go all the way up to Lt. Colonel just for a dumb achievement.

Finally finished the campaign for the first time and I had it set on Heroic. Excellent job Bungie! Beautiful game with nary a dull moment in it.

ElRenoRaven

Buckethead said:
So what's this about people getting banned for the credit exploit on Sword Base?

I just got to Captain and cheesy as it sounds might do some of this to get up a couple levels,
I don't have the desire/patience to go all the way up to Lt. Colonel just for a dumb achievement.

There isn't. The credit resets are going to people that reset their challenges.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Can anyone clarify something regarding Team Headhunter? If I kill an enemy, can their teammate pick up that skull and score with it? Normally this might not be a problem, but I just played a round of this on Hemorrhage (absolutely awful) and realized that 75% percent of the kills everyone was getting were with the DMR from like 500 feet away. It was ridiculous — you couldn't even get to the skulls you were earning.

Popeck

Eye Drop said:
:O Holy crap.

If you go right rather than left on Winter Contingency you get evac'd from another location. :O

Mind blown.

I think it actually depends on the amount of players.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Eye Drop said:

If you go right rather than left on Winter Contingency you get evac'd from another location. :O

Mind blown.
You can skip(sprint by) all of the fights leading up to getting in the truck with Carter & Jorge. Your blown is now mind.

Hmm, looks like anyone who hits the rank cap continues earning credits towards the next rank, even if they're stuck at Lt Colonel Grade 3. I logged in offline just now and it immediately promoted me to Commander Grade 2.

Looks like a whole bunch of extra armor becomes visible at Commander (and unlocks at Colonel)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Eye Drop said:

Mind blown.

Yup. I find the right path to be easier, even though it is more open/exposed. You have more vantage points to snipe the grunts imo.

Also, as a poster above me mentioned, a huge number of encounters in the game can be skipped entirely. Parts of WC, almost all of Nightfall, and huge chunks of Pillar of Autumn at least. Probably more. I ran past BOTH huge outdoor encounters in PoA...

Hmm, looks like anyone who hits the rank cap continues earning credits towards the next rank, even if they're stuck at Lt Colonel Grade 3. I logged in offline just now and it immediately promoted me to Commander Grade 2.

Meh... this is extremely disappointing if true. What's the point of having a cap if it isn't even a cap? :/

People will now just boost their way to 20,000,000 cR if they know the credits actually do rollover.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Photolysis said:

Really? What's the point of the cap then? To make it look like the lower ranked people are being completely left behind?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Photolysis said:

Looks like a whole bunch of extra armor becomes visible at Commander (and unlocks at Colonel)

I'm calling bullshit on this. Your service record (you have your gamertag in your GAF profile) doesn't show you as commander. If you're not trying to pull a fast one, you probably just hit a bug:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Photolysis&sg=0

Also, other players at the existing cR cap are still at it:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/PlayerGameHistory.aspx?player=smokyMcPots42

Edit: Unrelated, but I just now noticed there is a different Commendation graphic for Onyx and MAX Onyx. For OCD completionists, that's just cruel of Bungie :lol The MAX one has flames:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=smokyMcPots42#campaign

You don't actually earn anything for hitting it though (besides the flames!)

Found a really dumb bug just now.

If you're holding the sword, and assassinate someone in the air while you're in the air also, the animation completely messes up, and both players do the animation for the guy being attacked. It looks so stupid. :lol

EDIT: Only the Spartan on Spartan animation is messed up.

MrDaravon

GDJustin said:
I'm calling bullshit on this. Your service record (you have your gamertag in your GAF profile) doesn't show you as commander. If you're not trying to pull a fast one, you probably just hit a bug:

Edit: Unrelated, but I just now noticed there is a different Commendation graphic for Onyx and MAX Onyx. For OCD completionists, that's just cruel of Bungie :lol The MAX one has flames:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=smokyMcPots42#campaign

You don't actually earn anything for hitting it though (besides the flames!)

He said he logged in OFFLINE. Bungie.net would have no way of showing/knowing that. I'm inclined to think that the Offline cap is probably not in place at all though. I'm not sure that anyone has tested that.

GDJustin said:

Wow, why the hate?

I said I logged in offline first, before connecting to XBL. 99.99% of the time I never do this.

As soon as I log in, the game immediately reverts my rank back to Lt Colonel 3. If I go offline then, my rank remains the same. If I quit back to the dashboard when offline and restart Reach, I get promoted again. I can do this every time if I want.

So of course it would appear that I'm still at the cap.

And why would I lie by explaining exactly how to reproduce it?

Raide

Weekly Challenge:

Like a Record, Baby 3000cR
Complete 50 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking.

Daily Challenges:

One Spartan Army 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Support Structure 600cR
Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

Flat Tire 300cR
Kill 3 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Participation Counts 300cR
Complete 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

zlatko

Banned
Raide said:
Weekly Challenge:

Like a Record, Baby 3000cR
Complete 50 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking.

Daily Challenges:

One Spartan Army 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Support Structure 600cR
Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

Flat Tire 300cR
Kill 3 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Participation Counts 300cR
Complete 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

I like these a LOT. This will help make the push to Lt. Colonel from Major Grade 3 a bit easier for sure.

If/When I hit Lt. Colonel it'll be the first game I'll ever got 1000/1000 G on my 360 since I bought it back in 2007 when Halo 3 came out. :lol

CougRon

Finally finished my solo legendary run last night. I was dreading that last room since I do horrible with the PP-DMR combo. But something clicked tonight when I brought up the game and vmmmm-splash-blam I had the elites on the lower level dead and then was able to dmr the sword carrier from across the catwalk. just had to keep hitting him often enough that his shields couldn't recharge and then have enough ammo left to slam him once they were down. Phew. I tried the gun the 'traditional' way once, died, and then came back decided to stay out of the gun and hide around the corner while occasionally sending my hologram out to distract the dropships and banshees. Once keyes called for the shot, popped back around, in the gun, got really worried it wasn't charging, repulled the trigger and got the shot. woohoo!

I then got taken out fairly quickly by grunts in the Survive level. :D

Plus, Saturday night I was able to get the achievment for completing all the daily challenges. which was a relief. Wasn't sure I could do it, but a friend signed in and did co-op with me, though he didn't realize I'd set the difficulty on legendary with the skulls on so I could get the weekly achievement too. He thought I was crazy after we finished the game and he figured it out. :lol

voltron

Yeah FF challenges are fun. Plus they pay a lot of credits whether you get the challenge or not:D

I eventually got last weeks 5 kills with the sword challenge, but I must have earned at least 10-20k credits in the many attempts it took me.

SailorDaravon said:
It took a group of 4 of us forever to get everyone the 10 Firefight assists last time, fuck 30.
Yup. Streak broken. I hate Firefight matchmaking that isn't Score Attack, and 30 assists is blech.

Sigh, anyone else feel that Rocketfight is the SWAT of FF?
I feel like a brain dead peon whenever it is selected and the game degenerates into a game of who has the better connection/timing for when units jump out of the phantom. Can't wait till some FF changes happen to matchmaking and preferably remove rocketfight but I doubt that will happen.

Falt

SailorDaravon said:
It took a group of 4 of us forever to get everyone the 10 Firefight assists last time, fuck 30.

For 600cR, I can let it slide. Although, I got the 10 assist challenge within a couple of games. Rocket and Snipe FF helped. I won't be personally going for the assist challenge today but I can't imagine not getting it with the ammount of FF games I plan on playing later tonight.

Raide

jambo said:
Raide that lag was unplayable, 1-2 second delay =[

Yeah, that was pretty rubbish. I got booted from my First FF match. :lol Zooming in to shoot the dropship and Forkie drives up the hill right in front of my sights. I panicked and shot...

Firefight assists aren't that bad if you have someone who works as a team with you. Unfortunately this rules out most of the MM population.

Beating a dead horse here but again, it's a perfect example of how the broken assist system discourages teamwork.

Gui_PT

Shake Appeal said:
Yup. Streak broken. I hate Firefight matchmaking that isn't Score Attack, and 30 assists is blech.

You can always get a party of 4 going and help eachother with assists, if you don't want to break the streak.

jambo

Raide said:
Yeah, that was pretty rubbish. I got booted from my First FF match. :lol Zooming in to shoot the dropship and Forkie drives up the hill right in front of my sights. I panicked and shot...
Haha I saw that, nice shot :lol

MrDaravon

Is anyone else who has 1000/1000 having any problems?

-xbox.com correctly shows I have 49 out of 49 and 1000 points
-bungie.net shows I have 49 out of 49 and 1000 points
-My Achievements as accessed through the Guide button shows I have 48 out of 49 and at 995/1000
-My Achievements through the dash shows 48 out of 49 and 995, but if I click on the details (full screen) that shows just the achievement count (and no point total) it says I have 49 out of 49.

I haven't earned any Achievements offline. Does anyone have ANY possible idea on how to help me here? I don't care about the points, but not having Reach show up on my Complete Games on the dashboard is bullshit.

Gui_PT said:
You can always get a party of 4 going and help eachother with assists, if you don't want to break the streak.

We did that before, still took forever. Just hit Lt. Colonel, I think I'm completely done with Reach for a while; many of the Playlists are kinda shit right now, and they desperately need more maps in Invasion and BTB, and a million other things I could go into. After hitting the rank I've been trying to get to for a while, I realized that I now don't really want to play Matchmaking at all in it's current state.

MrDaravon

Yeah, the 30 Assist Challenge is what pushed me over the edge; it'll break my Challenge streak, and once that's broken I kinda don't care :lol

Gui_PT

Blueblur1 said:
The assist challenge is artificially made challenging by their dumb ass way of calculating assists in this game.

That and it always feels like you're walking on ice. Hard to kill people like that, even harder for assists.

Sai

30 Assists isn't such a big deal... :I

I was denied so harshly of yesterday's Katanarama challenge. I tried completing it at the tail end of the day. It was 6:08, I had just picked up the Energy Sword, got my 3rd and 4th kills with it, sprint after a Lone Grunt that took me like an additional 3 seconds, and... Nothing. The new challenges had been put in effect. :lol

Man, missed out on that 1,200 cR, I'm really close to getting my Major too.

Photolysis said:

When your offline you need less credits to rank up. So when you signed in offline the game adjusted your rank to meet the offline ranking system. So Bungie isnt quite being nice to people who hit the cap.

This happened to a friend of mine but I cant reproduce it - what armours can you see? :D

Also 50 rounds of firefight matchmaking for 3000 credits. eurgh.

Mr. Sam

NameGenerated said:
Fuuuck. Firefight assists are so damn annoying. Seems like they never occur.

I play firefight with my friends quite often and get, I dunno, maybe four assists a game. That's if I'm lucky. Weirdly, I seem to get most of my assists on gametypes like Rocketfight and Sniperfight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom