• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The Lamonster said:
I think the real problem is the rate at which we earn credits. Looking at the top rank, you need 20 million to get there.

In order to reach that, you need to make 20k credits a day for about 3 years.

Yeah, but the top ranks should be for the top players. Just as in H3 where everyone doesn't get to be a 50 with one of those fancy eagles (i was only a major for instance), not everyone is going to max out the rank in Reach. It's something perculiar to videogames that players think just because something can be unlocked they have to be able to get it.

If you're still playing Reach in 5 years you can rock the top rank armour. Otherwise forget it!

The Lamonster said:
Just a heads-up - score attack credits are going to be nerfed tomorrow (Gruntpocalypse only)

edit: beaten
I always seemed to get more points in Sniper Attack anyway, so it's not that big a deal for me.

Glad to see some fellow WOG3's here. I know I'm not alone in my pain.

JB1981

Chinner said:
don't skip the credits

Wow. Hmmmm ... kind of ready to declare Halo 3 to be the better campaign then.... unless my memory is foggy. I feel like it had a greater sense of playable combat scale and bigger highs and better set pieces.

Mr. Sam

Just got that betrayal glitch on Infection. You know, the one where if you shotgun a zombie a millisecond after you're sworded, it counts as a betrayal and they can boot you from the game. And boot me they did, just before the end. As if Infection weren't fun enough!

JB1981 said:
Wow. Hmmmm ... kind of ready to declare Halo 3 to be the better campaign then.... unless my memory is foggy. I feel like it had a greater sense of playable combat scale and bigger highs and better set pieces.
Agreed - you actually get to travel the universe, fight Scarabs and the Flood, see more Halo rings, etc etc etc

IronRinn

squidhands said:
I always seemed to get more points in Sniper Attack anyway, so it's not that big a deal for me.

Glad to see some fellow WOG3's here. I know I'm not alone in my pain.

"Remember R E A C H |OT 2| and Warrant Officer Support Group"

JB1981 said:

Yeah, I really like the scale of Halo 3's campaign. There's a lot more to do in the enviornments than what we were offered in Reach. I'm not declaring one better than the other but I think Halo 3's campaign is better than most give it credit for.

Palette Swap said:
That and the book being 10 years off (2542 instead of 2552). The most baffling part is that it wasn't corrected in the recent release. Was there ever an official explanation about this?
The recent release is ten years off, the original release had it correct.

Can't wait to get back to my dorm and get started on the Weekly challenge.

electricpirate said:
I don't really think you can make any implication from how timed credit rollovers match up with online->offline transitions and how they handle the caps. That's a different mechanism than how caps will be lifted through matchmaking, there could easily be a check against server values before setting the value of credits for ranking that can't happen when you are switch to local.

Looking at the behaviour of how this works (both from what I've seen and ferrex's posts about credit syncing and challenge resets), it looks like the client updates the server, not the other way around. My available credits also remains then same when I transition from offline to online.

If I tell the server I've got 2500 credits 30 times, it readily accepts that, and then the banhammer figures out something is wrong. There doesn't appear to be any mechanism to vet credits earned and adjust them - and if there is, it seems a bit weird not to use it elsewhere.

Based on all this, it looks as is even if there was some mechanism that stopped a rollover from Bungie's end, that I could log in offline and get my real rank, and log on to XBL and the game would accept that I'm Colonel or whatever.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
DoctorWho said:
Yeah, I really like the scale of Halo 3's campaign. There's a lot more to do in the enviornments than what we were offered in Reach. I'm not declaring one better than the other but I think Halo 3's campaign is better than most give it credit for.

Absoloutely.

Reach lacks that crazy vehicle on vehicle shit that is replaced with two... TWO... air missions. Which are cool, but where's the large scale vehicle based stuff?

Really that's the only thing missing from Reach :(

McBradders said:
Absoloutely.

Reach lacks that crazy vehicle on vehicle shit that is replaced with two... TWO... air missions. Which are cool, but where's the large scale vehicle based stuff?

Forerunner levels...

GhaleonEB

"Like a Record" will be mine, oh yes it will be. Already knocked off "One Spartan Army" with two Score Attack games. 28 to go.

While I enjoy the purity of the Score Attack waves - Grunts --> Jackals --> Brutes --> Skirmishers --> Elites - I think I'd rather see the exact same enemy counts mixed together in the same waves. The sandbox is much more interesting when you have a pack of Brutes flanked by Jackals and Grunts to deal with.

deftangel

took a programming course
McBradders said:
Absoloutely.

It doesn't help that they tease as much at the beginning of Tip of the Spear either. I enjoyed the campaign and the encounter design is excellent. There is just a disappointing lack of large scale ones. Nothing to top The Ark for me.

deftangel said:
It doesn't help that they tease as much at the beginning of Tip of the Spear either. I enjoyed the campaign and the encounter design is excellent. There is just a disappointing lack of large scale ones. Nothing to top The Ark for me.
Agreed. I loved fighting tons of aliens in an alien environment in alien structures on a huge scale. The Ark is probably my favorite mission in the entire series.

OT: Waypoint is amazing. Voc did an incredible job with the videos, especially the retrospectives on multi maps of Halo 2 and the campaign encounters of the series.

TommyT

aesop

TommyT said:
lol that's good. How he is abusing AL? Edit: If this was a game type with a radar... this guy is just stupid :lol
Just kinda spamming it whenever anyone put a little fire on him.

JB1981 said:

wat

LosDaddie

Banned
Raide said:
Weekly Challenge:

Like a Record, Baby 3000cR
Complete 50 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking.

Daily Challenges:

One Spartan Army 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Support Structure 600cR
Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

Flat Tire 300cR
Kill 3 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Participation Counts 300cR
Complete 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Can someone explain these to me more explicitly? Like, can I do these challenges on my own (maybe with a friend)?

Magni

So I'm in class, waiting for the last thirty minutes to pass, and decide to check what the challenges keeping me from doing my homework tonight will be.. Looks like I'll get my homework done instead :lol

MagniHarvald said:
So I'm in class, waiting for the last thirty minutes to pass, and decide to check what the challenges keeping me from doing my homework tonight will be.. Looks like I'll get my homework done instead :lol

Or you could make your homework in class. That's what I usually do.

Magni

Glowingmonx said:
Or you could make your homework in class. That's what I usually do.

Not the kind of homework I have for tomorrow. And I've got some stuff on Maple to do right now, can't be doing three things at once (NeoGAF is enough :lol).

KevinRo

Nerfing gruntpocalypse really wont stop the farming, people will just do snipeattack and pick up another weapon only to have unlimited ammo to kill them all with that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The weekly challenge fits my MO for this week perfectly, as I have a few days off and was planning on playing a shitload of Firefight to hopefully get to Captain (halfway through WO G2 right now).

While Reach doesn't push big vehicular set pieces the same way 3, the troop co unt and play spaces are way, way larger than 3. The battles on
pillar of autumn, the area based on boneyard
are just friggin massive, with a HUGE number of troops.

electricpirate said:
While Reach doesn't push big vehicular set pieces the same way 3, the troop co unt and play spaces are way, way larger than 3. The battles on
pillar of autumn, the area based on boneyard
are just friggin massive, with a HUGE number of troops.

I personally found that battle a bit weak.

The area that plays out during stage 1 of Invasion didnt really have that much of a battle to it. I would say there was only really the clump of about 6 Elites, which isnt exactly a big set peice moment. Then the area when your on the ship was kind of one sided, they give you a Sniper and a Laser and it basically becomes duck hunt with grunts. :lol There was a lot of grunts, but no real battle. The Ark on Halo 3 on the other hand had some set peices with a lot of enemies, and the battles actually seemed more involved.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely loved Reach's campaign but I didnt notice the epic 40 AI battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom